Capcom Classics Collection 2 $9.99 (ps2) At Target

[quote name='gizmogc']Ive seen it at this price or the past month? I assumed this was its retail price...?[/QUOTE]

Walmart lists it at $19.99 i wish i could find the xbox vol 2 for $10

I think it's normally 20, but Target had it for 10 during black friday, I highly recommend it, much better than their first volume, lots of obscure but very good games.

[quote name='soulwish2003']All of the Capcom collections for PS2 and PSP are great...[/QUOTE]

agreed. Too bad we can't have a Marvel vs Capcom collection w/ Xmen COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, Xmen vs SF, Marvel vs SF, Marvel vs Capcom 1. Oh well, I guess that's why we have emulators..ahem...arcade machines.

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']i wish i could find the xbox vol 2 for $10[/quote]

Vol 2 was not made for the XBox. :cry:

I saw this at my Target, but I have the 2nd CAPCOM Classics Collection (Reloaded) on my PSP, and the collection is pretty similar; in other words, I passed by this deal.

It's $19.99 at their website. shame. we don't get a target up here until this summer. I'd love at this price.

What's the list of games?

I'd MUCH rather have the PSP versions, but the confusing thing is the game list is different between them. Like the first PSP one I think has games from the second PS2 one, and vice versa.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's the list of games?

I'd MUCH rather have the PSP versions, but the confusing thing is the game list is different between them. Like the first PSP one I think has games from the second PS2 one, and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Capcom Classics Collection includes 20 classic arcade games: 1941 Counter Attack, Avengers, Black Tiger, Block Block, Captain Commando, Eco Fighters, King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Last Duel, Magic Sword, Mega Twins, Quiz and Dragons, Side Arms, Street Fighter, Strider, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, The Speed Rumbler, Three Wonders, Tiger Road, and Varth. There is also a bonus game called Capcom Quiz and Dragons.

Just picked it up this morning. It was marked at $19.99, but I made the clerk check the price, and he was suprised to see that its regular price is $9.99.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's the list of games?

I'd MUCH rather have the PSP versions, but the confusing thing is the game list is different between them. Like the first PSP one I think has games from the second PS2 one, and vice versa.[/QUOTE]
the second editions for all 3 systems basically add the missing games that were in the other edition and vice versa.

I picked up a copy for 9.99 at the Target in Portland! It was still marked at 19.99, but the discount came up at the register.

This is truly a great find.

[quote name='akilshohen']the second editions for all 3 systems basically add the missing games that were in the other edition and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

It's *not* for Gamecube, and neither was Volume 1.

[quote name='akilshohen']the second editions for all 3 systems basically add the missing games that were in the other edition and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Looking at that game list, most of those I have already played on the PSP version. I guess what I really want is the second PSP game then.

If anybody considering this collection has gametap, a lot of these games are available there. I ended up finishing knights of the round in one sitting to justify not buying this collection. :)

[quote name='akilshohen']3 systems meant XBOX, PS2 and PSP.[/QUOTE]

a-ha, my bad. thanks for the clarification!

the computer in super street fighter 2 turbo is impossible in this game

im not a street fighter pro, but im not a noob, and i couldnt beat the first fighter, even when it was on easy

I have it for XBOX. It was impossible to find in store. I had to order it form Deeep Discount DVD and even then it took about 3 weeks. It is worth every penny though. If you like the old school side scrolling beat em ups, it has three oldies but goodies: The King of Dragons, Captain Commando (prior to his M v. C days) and Knights of the Round. You can also save now and are not forced to play the whole game through in one sitting.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I have it for XBOX. It was impossible to find in store. I had to order it form Deeep Discount DVD and even then it took about 3 weeks. It is worth every penny though. If you like the old school side scrolling beat em ups, it has three oldies but goodies: The King of Dragons, Captain Commando (prior to his M v. C days) and Knights of the Round. You can also save now and are not forced to play the whole game through in one sitting.[/quote]

God damn it!

I went and bought the PS2 version when I thought it wasn't going to be released on XBox (I checked gamefaqs and couldn't find any listing for Volume 2 for XBox, so I figured it would be safe to get the PS2 version). Damn damn damn...the XBox version is always better, if for no other reason than you don't need a PS2 controller tap to play the 3 or 4 player games.

I knew I should have waited on that one. And I also bought the Sega Genesis Classics Collection on PS2, which I am sure will eventually come to Xbox. Ah well at least I got both for $10 a piece a while back.

Wow, nice price, too bad it's not for XBox price either, I'm the one of the fortunate to have both Vol 1 and 2 Capcom Classics on the Xbox :whistle2:D now all they need is to make them backwards compatible for the X360.

[quote name='karkyco']

I knew I should have waited on that one. And I also bought the Sega Genesis Classics Collection on PS2, which I am sure will eventually come to Xbox. Ah well at least I got both for $10 a piece a while back.[/QUOTE]
that would be a good idea, espically since XBOX is on the way out. SEGA also has yet to release Taito collection vol 2 in the US. It already had a euro release. I wanna play Cleopatra fortune damnit.

The computer on SSF2T is a joke. How can it be that hard? I play sf2 all the time on the 360 and am ranked #2 with ken and playing this I have a hard time beating the first 2 people. Im playing the collection on ps3 and its annoying how the PS3 controller shuts off once the ps2 games loads

just picked it up at Target tonight... last copy at the Irvine store on Jamboree. $9.99.. thanks op.. brings back memories of my younger arcade days...

[quote name='cchen326']The computer on SSF2T is a joke. How can it be that hard? I play sf2 all the time on the 360 and am ranked #2 with ken and playing this I have a hard time beating the first 2 people. Im playing the collection on ps3 and its annoying how the PS3 controller shuts off once the ps2 games loads[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I picked it up yesterday and I couldn't even get past the first round; it's been awhile but I didn't think my skills would have deteriorated that badly.

Magic Sword rocks. I loved that game when I was growing up.

Can you alter the computer difficulty setting on Street Fighter?

My memories of Magic Sword were better than the reality when I played through it on the PSP early last year. (Which is why I'm having WAY more fun with Sega Genesis Collection.)

The computer in ST has always been that hard. The rumor I heard was that the CPU logic is based on championship Street Fighter players but I don't know where I'd confirm or deny that. I can get to about the 3rd guy without continuing but since I despise continuing in fighting games, I don't know if I'll ever get around to beating the game with anyone.

1st. post (gotta do it sometime so I figure now it's the perfect opportunity). I've been reading threads for a while though.

I manage to buy the Xbox ver. ($20.00) here in So. Cal. just after XMas and they had no problems finding a copy at my local EB store. I find it surprising you guys are mentioning that you can't find it for XBox (I guess it was released in limited numbers) since it wasn't that long ago that I bought it... maybe I got lucky.

I happen to have Vol. 1 also and I've always have an inclination to buy these type of multi-platform games for X-Box since the saves go straight to the hard-drive rather than wasting memory card space on PS2/Gamecube (although as stated before, these were not released for GC).

So for those looking for the Xbox ver., try your local GS/EB stores.

Oh and the Sega Genesis Collection for PS2 it's great! I manage to get it at CC when it was advertised for $9.99 - it's was a sweet deal at this price! I doubt it wiil be released for XBox though since the console has been left with no support from MS as well 3rd parties by the looks of it.

There was only one copy I could find at Target today, which I bought. Thanks for the heads up, OP! :)

I have all my compilation games (except for exclusives like Sonic Gems Collection) on the PS2, so this is perfect for me.

[quote name='karkyco']God damn it!

I went and bought the PS2 version when I thought it wasn't going to be released on XBox (I checked gamefaqs and couldn't find any listing for Volume 2 for XBox, so I figured it would be safe to get the PS2 version). Damn damn damn...the XBox version is always better, if for no other reason than you don't need a PS2 controller tap to play the 3 or 4 player games.

I knew I should have waited on that one. And I also bought the Sega Genesis Classics Collection on PS2, which I am sure will eventually come to Xbox. Ah well at least I got both for $10 a piece a while back.[/QUOTE]

That's funny... I used to buy most of the multi-console games on Xbox, but because of the backwards compatibility issues with the 360, I find myself leaning more towards PS2 versions...

[quote name='fujishig']That's funny... I used to buy most of the multi-console games on Xbox, but because of the backwards compatibility issues with the 360, I find myself leaning more towards PS2 versions...[/QUOTE]
I'm exactly the same way. With the PS3, you don't have to worry about whether it will work or not, for the most part. And to the person waiting for ANY classic collection to be backwards compatabile on the 360. Don't hold your breath. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. How would they they sell 25 year old games for $5 apiece if you could just play the collection of 20 or so for $20 or less? And no, it's not YMMV. Whatever they have it priced at, it will ring up for $10. I have MAT 1-3 and CC 1, and probably some other collections that I'm not remembering at the moment, on the xbox. I wish I'd bought the PS2 versions now.

Edit: And don't assume anything will "eventually come to xbox". The xbox is all but dead. Not gamecube dead, but not far off either. The xbox will be budget crap from here on out. It MIGHT come to the xbox, but I seriously doubt it. It all comes back to BC. If a publisher releases something on the PS2, most likely PS3 owners will be able to play it (Not GHII, but most things). If a publisher releases something on the Xbox, they know for a fact 360 owners can't play it, at least not at first, and most likely never. People laughed at sony's bc solution (basically just putting a PS2 IN the PS3), but it really shaping up to be one of the few GOOD decisions they did make.

For anybody that's on the fence about picking this one up I highly recommend it. Even though, it doesn't have as many recognizable titles as the first collection, the quality of many of the games is top notched. The graphics are more early to mid nineties, very good 16-bit arcade quality games. Ditigal Eclipse did a fantastic job emulating these games and added a bunch of bonus content like concept/promotional art for each game and access to the soundtracks. It's one of my favorite collection disc ever.

[quote name='hurley7715']the computer in super street fighter 2 turbo is impossible in this game

im not a street fighter pro, but im not a noob, and i couldnt beat the first fighter, even when it was on easy[/quote]

Yeah, they jacked up the difficulty by the time Capcom got around to making Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo because most of the people back then were complaining the CPU was too easy to beat. Anyway, my tip for you is to use Old Sagat. His fireballs are much faster and deal more damage. You can pretty much wear down the CPU with fireballs and Round House kick him when he jumps over them.

[quote name='dragyynvessyl']Sounds like you haven't actually seen how bad PS2 titles look on a PS3.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/13/ps2-ps1-480i-games-hampered-by-crazy-jaggies-on-the-ps3/[/QUOTE]

At worst, someone may have reversed a bit somwhere that causes that so-called "pixel flipping". Could be hardware or software, and it may be able to get fixed in hardware or software.

At any rate, including hardware emulation was the way to go. Microsoft (at least not without drastically increasing the price of the hardware) because they don't own the X-Box hardware like Sony does the PS1 and 2.

Well, all I know is that I had to keep both my PS2 and PS3 hooked up for the time being because of that jaggy-ness, which kind of defeats the point of having backwards compatibility for now.

Good find guys! I bought the volume one on Xbox because I thought I read Captin Commando on the box. I was pissed when it turned out to be Bionic Commando(arcade version/no where near as good as the NES version).

My memories of Magic Sword entail me beating the game, picking up the Black Orb and turning evil and my grandpa making fun of me for it. Then when I got the game on SNES later on, he was like "DON'T PICK UP THE ORB AT THE END!" :)

I grabbed a copy of this yesterday for 10 bucks to go along with my volume 1. It's a nice collection but man does the original Street Fighter game suck eggs.

bread's done
Back