captain america: the winter soldier 3d blu ray combo pack 24.99$ @target

As in enjoy the Marvel films/seen most or all of them up to that point. I mean even if not initially excited to go out and see it when it first came out the reviews and word of mouth spread very quickly about how it was one of the best Marvel films to date. I'm sure many didn't go to see it, more hyperbole than anything else, but still surprised someone who would have an interest never went.
I've seen all of them other than this I think. I just don't go see every movie that comes out in the theaters because we would have to arrange a babysitter or drop them off at the mother-in-laws house.

I don't necessarily keep up with movies all that closely either. I didn't even know it existed. I guess they didn't put ads for it on any of the TV channels I watch.

if you see one of the mcu films than you must watch them all as they all connect into eachother. omg i soooo want the avengers and guardians to team up against thanos as he goes for the infinity gauntlet, that would be EPIC !!!!!!! imagine the convos between rocket and stark lmaoo

Can't believe there is anyone who is into the Marvel films that hasn't seen Winter Soldier.
When I can buy the movie for the same price as a single ticket and a drink, then it's pretty easy to believe.

And yes, you buy movies the week they are released or get them used. This has been the process for years. You wait, you gamble.

When I can buy the movie for the same price as a single ticket and a drink, then it's pretty easy to believe.

And yes, you buy movies the week they are released or get them used. This has been the process for years. You wait, you gamble.
I don't think a lot of people go by themselves. I know that around here a couple of 3d tickets are fucking expensive. I think the matinee price is like $14 or something.

As in enjoy the Marvel films/seen most or all of them up to that point. I mean even if not initially excited to go out and see it when it first came out the reviews and word of mouth spread very quickly about how it was one of the best Marvel films to date. I'm sure many didn't go to see it, more hyperbole than anything else, but still surprised someone who would have an interest never went.
I think this sums up perfectly why I didn't go and covers half my problems with the MCU better than I've been able to articulate: http://articles.latimes.com/2014/apr/02/entertainment/la-et-mn-captain-america-review20140403

Besides, without the movie money deals, the theater is way too expensive, even when I don't buy any drinks or popcorn.

Last edited:
I don't think a lot of people go by themselves. I know that around here a couple of 3d tickets are fucking expensive. I think the matinee price is like $14 or something.
I don't bother with 3D as of late. One theater close to me does $5 digital presentations on Tuesdays for their matinees, and I cannot argue with that...but the theater is also moving to a shopping mall location closer to me, so if their prices are not much different when that happens, then I will not protest since it will be good business for them.

Ok so I decided to bite on this even though it's a bit more than I like to spend on movies, if nothing else I have all the other movies up to this point so i might as well round out the Phase II collection I guess.

Is there a way to get free shipping without having to sign up for a Target credit card or spend $50?  I'd be fine with a site-to-store pickup but don't see that option.  

Ok so I decided to bite on this even though it's a bit more than I like to spend on movies, if nothing else I have all the other movies up to this point so i might as well round out the Phase II collection I guess.

Is there a way to get free shipping without having to sign up for a Target credit card or spend $50? I'd be fine with a site-to-store pickup but don't see that option.
This this this! I'd love to lock in the preorder price, but don't really have $50 worth of stuff I need.

I think this sums up perfectly why I didn't go and covers half my problems with the MCU better than I've been able to articulate: http://articles.latimes.com/2014/apr/02/entertainment/la-et-mn-captain-america-review20140403

Besides, without the movie money deals, the theater is way too expensive, even when I don't buy any drinks or popcorn.
I think I disagreed with almost everything in that review. Then again, when someone refers to characters that are present in half the movie and are fundamental to the story/plot as "cameos" it shouldn't be that big of a surprise I disagree with their take of the film. Chris Evans made a cameo in Thor 2 as Captain America. Nick Fury and Black Widow are central characters in a movie plot that revolves around Captain America working for SHIELD (the writer of the review seems to paint Widow, Fury and SHIELD all as unnecessary cameos that link it to the other films).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I disagreed with almost everything in that review. Then again, when someone refers to characters that are present in half the movie and are fundamental to the story/plot as "cameos" it shouldn't be that big of a surprise I disagree with their take of the film. Chris Evans made a cameo in Thor 2 as Captain America. Nick Fury and Black Widow are central characters in a movie plot that revolves around Captain America working for SHIELD (the writer of the review seems to paint Widow, Fury and SHIELD all as unnecessary cameos that link it to the other films).
Pretty much this. Captain America introduced the HYDRA vs SHIELD storyline, and while Captain America is sure to get involved with the Avengers once again, the villains he faces are central to his own story. Granted, Thor introduced Loki as a protagonist into Avengers and it seems certain Avengers 2 is going to call some reference to Iron Man's involvement with the introduction of Ultron (since I recall Jarvis and Ultron were going to be tied into one another by rumors)...Avengers 3 is anyone else's game now.

the person of the article needs to realise that shield was the glue that put the avengers together. they are at the center of EVERYTHING !!!!! plus winter soilder showed that they disbanded so of course they play a big part in this film smh

Pretty much this. Captain America introduced the HYDRA vs SHIELD storyline, and while Captain America is sure to get involved with the Avengers once again, the villains he faces are central to his own story. Granted, Thor introduced Loki as a protagonist into Avengers and it seems certain Avengers 2 is going to call some reference to Iron Man's involvement with the introduction of Ultron (since I recall Jarvis and Ultron were going to be tied into one another by rumors)...Avengers 3 is anyone else's game now.
im expecting avengers 3 to have them and the guardians vs thanos. the other 3 serenity stones should be revealed during phase 3. i also predict that asgard will be ravaged by thanos as asgard has the tesseract and the gauntlet in the vault, he obviously needs both

im expecting avengers 3 to have them and the guardians vs thanos. the other 3 serenity stones should be revealed during phase 3. i also predict that asgard will be ravaged by thanos as asgard has the tesseract and the gauntlet in the vault, he obviously needs both
Hence, why Thor 3 has been subtitled "Ragnarok" which is translation for "Epic fucking war".

Hence, why Thor 3 has been subtitled "Ragnarok" which is translation for "Epic fucking war".
i had no idea about that. if thats true than my theory is right !!! now will thanos be in possesion of other gems by the time he heads to asgard or will asgard be his first target ? either way loki is gonna give mr thanos an ”invite” it seems lol. epic indeed !

goHastings has it for $24.99 with free shipping using promo code EARLYBIRD.
I honestly don't think I've ever had an order with GoHastings that has processed, at least nothing new that I'd classify as a deal. I swear they are worse than K-Mart and Newegg combined when it comes to cancelling orders.

I honestly don't think I've ever had an order with GoHastings that has processed, at least nothing new that I'd classify as a deal. I swear they are worse than K-Mart and Newegg combined when it comes to cancelling orders.
I've never dealt with them on a pre-order, so maybe you're right. I've never had a new item cancelled by them; it's always the used items during a sale that end up getting cancelled.

It's currently the cheapest price, so I thought I'd let people know.

I really do dislike how disney started taking off dvds.
with the combo packs being pretty close in price to standard dvds they probibly though ”why not just make money off of both instead of just the combo packs ?”. plus dvds are cheaper to produce which leads to a bigger profit margin. just a theory though. plus they know us marvel fans will gladly buy the solo blu ray disk anyway lol

with the combo packs being pretty close in price to standard dvds they probibly though ”why not just make money off of both instead of just the combo packs ?”. plus dvds are cheaper to produce which leads to a bigger profit margin. just a theory though. plus they know us marvel fans will gladly buy the solo blu ray disk anyway lol
No, it's because they're pushing Disney Movies Anywhere for something other than using the DVD. Which only works on iOS devices, though the digital copy that Frozen had also redeems on Amazon, Google Play and a couple other places (Target Ticket, TRU streaming service, I think).

Has anyone seen any deals for Agents of Shield? It comes out the same day, and I'll watch Winter Soldier in timeframe the stuff goes down. 

Does Target automatically adjust preorder prices like Amazon? Or do we have to nag them?
No, it doesn't. If you preordered more than a week ago, you will not get a price match over the phone either. You'll have to wait for it in- hand and then do a return/rebuy in-store. What's worse - Target shipping is horrible. I ordered a CD a while ago. It took 10 days to arrive.

Great Movie I just purchased a preorder from Walmart get the Bluray and a digital copy long before it ever hits the shelves. I watched it two weeks ago

What's the difference between the 22.99 and 27.99 combo packs? Outside of the price
As mention before the 22.99 has a Target exclusive behind the scenes video, while the other one does not. And it will also be on sale instore for $19.99 the day of release too according to blu-ray.com

Bestbuy is gonna have the vanilla captain America version for 19.99$ opening week. Pre order it this week and you get 100 rz points for the pickup

No, it doesn't. If you preordered more than a week ago, you will not get a price match over the phone either. You'll have to wait for it in- hand and then do a return/rebuy in-store. What's worse - Target shipping is horrible. I ordered a CD a while ago. It took 10 days to arrive.
Yeah Target's online handling of orders is ridiculous. I recently pre-ordered Amazing Spider-Man 2 from there because I was going to be on vacation the week it came out and I didn't want to miss the bonus disc. It wasn't until after I pre-ordered that I saw the asinine policy. It was $25.99 when I pre-ordered but ended up being $19.99 at release. The order didn't even end up shipping until the day after the movie came out in stores and didn't deliver until this past Monday (when the price had already gone up to $24.95). I got home the Saturday before the sale ended and luckily they still had plenty of the bonus disc version at the store I go to. I picked one up and returned the online order in the store as soon as it came in (at least they allow you to do that) I don't think I'll be placing many orders with Target online unless it's something that is already out and has a really good price. Definitely no pre-ordering unless they have already changed the price to what it is in stores.

$19.99...... damn, I did not see this coming at all.  I'm gonna have to make sure I go that day, hopefully El Hoardo won't jump onto this one.

Does anyone have a 24-hour Wal-mart near them and know about what time they put out the new releases on Tuesday?  I have one down the street from me now, pretty new so I've never gone looking for movies there before.  I'm 50/50 on going there to see how the individual slipcovers look in person before making my decision.  Right now, I'm kinda leaning towards just going to Target when they open for the $19.99 3D and the $39.99 Agents of SHIELD blu, haven't seen any other stores publish a price on the latter yet.

Would you know if you could pre-order in the store? I have a cert I can only use in store that's why. I heard something about Express Check out but not sure what it really is.
Sorry, I'm not sure. When I went in yesterday, I didn't see any pre-order cards for it. Last time I did a movie preorder (Frozen) that's how they did it.

In-store preorders for the steelbook were not available as of last night. The employee tried, but the system puts up an error that preorders are not available and to direct the customer to the website.

If I cancel my pre-order of the steelbook I placed for in-store pick up last night how long will it take for the funds to be freed back up and put back on the gift card I used?

bread's done
Back