Castlevania Judgment

[quote name='Dead of Knight']If it actually IS like Power Stone (2), then I am sure as hell getting it.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

Yea I don't know why IGN would even compare this to Power Stone. Someone either wants to give this game some unwarranted attention or hasn't played Power Stone. Watch videos of this game and watch videos of the Bleach game, the gameplay looks very similar.

This game looks nothing like Power Stone, kind of like a poor mans SC instead. Its probably going to be lame like Mortal Kombat was on the Wii. Why do I still even keep my Wii? With stuff like this coming out I have no faith in it anymore.

Players will be able to make use of the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection to play against each other, and can connect with the Nintendo DS game Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia to unlock bonus content in both games.

Sweet.

http://www.amazon.com/Castlevania-J..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1223462397&sr=8-1

Here's the cover for the game:

61bXHybjdVL._SS500_.jpg

It you're reminded of Death Note at all by looking at the cover, there's a good reason since Takeshi Obata (Death Note co-creator/artist) is the character designer, and cover artist apparently, for the game.

[quote name='dothog']Love those shoulders, they're fierce. But it's a lot of look.

Don't bore Nina.[/QUOTE]

Your look isn't matching your story. And you have a lot of story.

i believe the only relationship it has to power stone is
1) the arena thingy, where it's not like your typical 3d/2d view fighter [soul calibur/virtua fighter]. you fight in a free roaming environment.

2) second is probably the power ups from barrels and killing the zombies and what not.

other then that it's not really a power stone like game other then what was mentioned above. the game is more like that star wars fighting game included in the star wars forced unleased for wii. you choose your fighters and you are placed in some sort of a free roaming arena. each character has their own special power moves and combos.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i believe the only relationship it has to power stone is
1) the arena thingy, where it's not like your typical 3d/2d view fighter [soul calibur/virtua fighter]. you fight in a free roaming environment.

2) second is probably the power ups from barrels and killing the zombies and what not.

other then that it's not really a power stone like game other then what was mentioned above. the game is more like that star wars fighting game included in the star wars forced unleased for wii. you choose your fighters and you are placed in some sort of a free roaming arena. each character has their own special power moves and combos.[/QUOTE]
Apart from the weapons you can pick up and the stones themselves, that sounds like power stone to me..

The final three characters have been revealed. Sypha Belnades and Rem Grant DaNasty from Castlevania III, and Cornell the werewolf from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/11/04/castlevania-judgments-final-characters-revealed/

This makes the full roster (Excluding any secret characters):
* Simon Belmont
* Dracula
* Death
* Trevor Belmont
* Alucard
* Eric Lecarde
* Carmilla
* Maria
* Golem
* Shanoa
* Aeon
* Grant Danasty
* Cornell
* Sypha Belnades

[quote name='Cao Cao']The final three characters have been revealed. Sypha Belnades and Rem Grant DaNasty from Castlevania III, and Cornell the werewolf from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.
[/QUOTE]

Man. Three awesome characters, actually. Except they are stuck in a game that is going to huff more goat balls than the GoatBaller 9000.

Also, wtf is with Grant's design? Sigh. Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

[quote name='Strell']Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.[/QUOTE]

*fist----wait-for-it-----bump*

That trailer is more than enough to make me rent this game. Hell, I might even buy it when it's $20. Love the music.

Comments:

1) The production values - FMV and music especially - are top notch. This bugs the hell out of me knowing that the gameplay itself can't be much more than a button masher. As much as I want to fault Iga and Konami for bastardizing one of my favorites gaming series, I at least have to give them props on making it look damn good in the process. The animations look specatular.

2) Eric Lecarde is the new Bridget.

3) "I may be cute as a button, but I'm tough as nails." Someone alert Lilboo that people are frontin' his lines.

4) Cornell looks like a badass.

5) Grant Dynasty looks terrible, but does look fun to play in a Voldo fashion.

6) I'll probably pick this up when it hits 20 too. It at least looks worth it for the Castlevania fan in me.

7) *Sigh.* You know if that actually worked this into a deeper fighting game, it would be a hell of a lot of fun.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Launch trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjWIKmhj_jw[/QUOTE]

did anyone else get a Soul Calibur vibe from the rack on what's-her-face. It's almost like the beast size has gotten so big on SC that universe imploded and the spirit of some perverted japanese game designer that Itagaki killed decided to haunt yet another franchise

The Castlevania fanboy in me wants this so bad, but the CAG in me says wait for price droppage.

The Wii could definitely go for some more Castlevania love and fighters for that matter. I just hope they don't base the future of Castlevania on the Wii on sales and reviews of this game and make this their only release for the system.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised that this game even supports Classic and Gamecube controllers. Sounds a little better already, considering I was expecting a silly waggle-fest.

Supposedly, according to this GameFAQs topic, GamePro gave it a 4.5/5. Of course no scan or quotes have been provided, so the post is suspect, more likely to be false than not. 1up gave it a D-, and Nintendo Power gave it a 7.0.

haunts from NeoGAF also played it a few weeks ago, and gave some short comments:

I'm perversely interested in this despite the bad reviews and downright bizarre character design. Think I'll wait until I can get it for like $15 or less though. Something tells me that price is going to be right around the corner.

I got it today 10% off at Game Crazy because it was the only one they had and it was opened....like they JUST opened it. Disc/booklet/case was pris-TINE.

....I like it! :cool:

[quote name='Strell']Hit a little close to home, eh?

300smiley.png

[/QUOTE]

Eh, maybe back when I was in high school, but they started to, ahem, balloon when I was around 19.

So I ended up renting this game from a local place. Maybe I like my fighting games a little bit more depth, or maybe I'm used to playing SC/SSB/SF/GGXX type of fighting game. The game shares something in common with DBZBT3 that I hate, the game automatically sees a GC controller and assumes that's what you are gonna use. The opening cinematic was very nice and cool. The menu is kinda neat, nothing exciting. I spent about two hours in story mode, before I gave up due to frustration. Some characters are balanced, others not so much. You can basically block all the time and use a block breaker move to cheese out you opponent when they block. The AI seems to block or attack. I learned quickly to use block breaker to win on some opponents. Other opponents have a longer reach that makes the move hard to use. The combo system is beginer version of SC system thoguh with out the depth of the combos.

I tried the game with the wiimote and nunchuk, it was some of the worst controls ever. The GC controls are a lot better, but there is no way to customize the controls at all. There are three different control schemes and none of them feel natural for me.

At $50, I don't think I would by the game. $20 maybe another story but, I don't know. If I had a GameFly account I would have put this game back in the mail ASAP, if I bought the game I would have feeled real ripped off.

If Konami were to refine the combat system and controls a bit the game has some potential. I would consider this game a pass.

Ohh I remember this. At comic con this year Konami rented a bunch of tiny asian girls to 'demonstrate' the game and make sure everyone knew under no circumstance was this a fighting game... ....
I love Castlevania, but eh.. waggle-fighters don't do it for me.

Ah fuck it, this is going on my Christmas list. It'll be easy for my girlfriend to find since she knows that getting me anything Castlevania is a good thing. Hell, I'll probably enjoy it more as a gift anyway :lol:

bread's done
Back