Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Releasing late October, Price $29.99

Loved DOS, liked POR except for the whole choose your stage thing. If there is no choose your stage thing like POR, I am guaranteed to pick this one up. Now that I think about it, I still have to finish POR, but meh.

^I actually liked the stage select in Portrait of Ruin. It reminded me of Mario 64. :lol:

I also liked having a second character to help deal damage.

I like Harmony but didn't like Circle of the Moon. It is probably due to me playing CotM on the old GBA.

Harmony was still a solid game on its own, just compared to the other 2 it was the worst of the bunch.

Still need to get CotM from somewhere

I'm all over it like Cedric the Entertainer on a Best Buy commercial getting sucked into an HDTV and being all like "watch out Spiderman! Over there Spiderman! Go Spiderman go!!!"

thanks!!

[quote name='JEKKI']I'm all over it like Cedric the Entertainer on a Best Buy commercial getting sucked into an HDTV and being all like "watch out Spiderman! Over there Spiderman! Go Spiderman go!!!"

thanks!![/QUOTE]

What the fuck?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Only 6 tracks? That's pretty bad, but not as bad as the 2 track Chrono Trigger preorder bonus I guess. :roll:[/QUOTE]Blessing in disguise for me... I was all like "dammit those bastards forced me to preorder this!" but for a mere 6-track sampler I'd rather just skip it and go for a real-deal import soundtrack somewhere down the line.

Now the Lament Of Innocence "sampler," THAT was a pre-order bonus! They called it a sampler but it was like 80 minutes long. Of course Portrait of Ruin probably had the sickest preorder deal with that black box full of trinkets.

Looking forward to this, but not getting it day 1 as I'm not touching my DS much lately and have a couple games I need to finish. Will ask for it for my b-day next month or for x-mas if I get caught up.

I just went out (if by going out, you count eBay) and bought a DS Lite, solely for this game.

I did the same for PoR, and was slightly disappointed (had to sell my DS to pay for something, otherwise I'd still have that one).

[quote name='BustaUppa']Blessing in disguise for me... I was all like "dammit those bastards forced me to preorder this!" but for a mere 6-track sampler I'd rather just skip it and go for a real-deal import soundtrack somewhere down the line.

Now the Lament Of Innocence "sampler," THAT was a pre-order bonus! They called it a sampler but it was like 80 minutes long. Of course Portrait of Ruin probably had the sickest preorder deal with that black box full of trinkets.[/quote]

As great as the pre-order deal was (particularly CD and art book), the game itself was a bit of a downer. Was it just me, or am I the only one that liked DoS over PoR?

[quote name='mav451']As great as the pre-order deal was (particularly CD and art book), the game itself was a bit of a downer. Was it just me, or am I the only one that liked DoS over PoR?[/QUOTE]

No I thinkk most people preferred DoS over PoR, from reviewers to CAGs.

I like PoR a bit more, it had it's flaws but the two character system added some new moves and puzzles and I liked getting outside of the castle. I was getting a bit sick of the series having played all the Metroidvanias from SOTN through the GBA and DS games, so I thought it was a nice change up.

[quote name='62t']the only thing keeping DoS down is the unescessary use of the stylus.[/QUOTE]

The stylus got some use? :eek: :hot: :cold:

[quote name='Nohbdy']The stylus got some use? :eek: :hot: :cold:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you had to draw as stupid ass seal over all the bosses when you had them beat. If you didn't draw it fast enough the boss came back to life. It was annoying as hell.

There was one special power that required you to use the stylus to break through some ice blocks or something as well.

Definitely tacked on and annoying. I hate stylus controls outside of games like Brain Age or Puzzle League/quest.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, you had to draw as stupid ass seal over all the bosses when you had them beat. If you didn't draw it fast enough the boss came back to life. It was annoying as hell.

There was one special power that required you to use the stylus to break through some ice blocks or something as well.

Definitely tacked on and annoying. I hate stylus controls outside of games like Brain Age or Puzzle League/quest.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind stylus controls, but in that game and others like it, it is annoying when you basically you are controlling it normally without a stylus and then have to whip it out. Basically you have to pretty much stop controlling your character and do the stylus thing. Or you have to try and do both at the same time... just really annoying. I'd prefer just stylus, or just d-pad plus stylus. But not everything altogether.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, you had to draw as stupid ass seal over all the bosses when you had them beat. If you didn't draw it fast enough the boss came back to life. It was annoying as hell.

Definitely tacked on and annoying. I hate stylus controls outside of games like Brain Age or Puzzle League/quest.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

It was pretty irritating, actually.

I kept forgetting about it since, you know, the final boss and HELL YEAH, JULIUS MODE and such.

[quote name='hero101']Goodie...One more week...:cool:[/quote]

Yeah I know...some reason I had the date 10/19 in my head, but then I realized I'll have to wait through the weekend before playing this. :(

Just pre-ordered this at GS. It doesn't look like Best Buy or Circuit City has it in their website, so I don't know that they'll have it in next week, so I went with the pre-order bonus, as pithy as it is. Looking forward to next Tues.!

8.25 score in Game Informer... if anyone uses that as a reliable source for reviews. They did complain the levels were fairly linear, similar to PoR. They also said it's really freakin' hard. If that is true, some may rejoice, some may cringe.

They were talking about the bosses in particular. That it wasn't even enough to power level, but for once in a long time, you will need to memorize boss patterns. Of course they might just suck too, but who knows until comes out.

[quote name='zatos']Of course they might just suck too, but who knows until comes out.[/quote]

I would bet on that. Most gamers this days want everything to be easy. And they even complain about how easy some games are when they are using a guide.

Growing up pretty much every boss fight meant finding and then memorizing a pattern (Castlevania games, MegaMan games, various Super Mario Bros games, Contra, Gradius, etc etc). It was all we knew. But, man, I'm not used to that anymore. We'll see how it goes :)

Looks like this game will have world maps similar to Super Mario World and fetch quests...interesting. Gotta beat Ruin before this one arrives!

I got a call from gamestop that it'll be in tomorrow. I'm not sure that I trust the accuracy of the call, but it's had the side effect of vastly getting my hopes up. Now I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't come out tomorrow.

Yeah I pre-ordered in Rockville. Guy had no idea it was coming out tomorrow (now today). He was under the impression that it wouldn't be in stores until the 22nd - which makes no sense.

Did anyone ever figure out if the preorder bonus for this was an actual CD or just a code for some downloadable tracks? Apparently my GameStop got this in today, but no preorder bonuses.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Did anyone ever figure out if the preorder bonus for this was an actual CD or just a code for some downloadable tracks? Apparently my GameStop got this in today, but no preorder bonuses.[/quote]

it suppose to be a free audio cd of the castlevania tracks.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']it suppose to be a free audio cd of the castlevania tracks.[/QUOTE]

Until proof is shown, this is still unconfirmed.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']it suppose to be a free audio cd of the castlevania tracks.[/quote]
GS has the CD but I heard it was just 6 tracks right?

and Amazon is a code for their own mp3s I believe... but i haven't got an email yet, and it doesn't ship till the 23rd.

I'll be miffed if I miss out on any pre-orders.. Amazon should send a notification email saying you definately will, since it's an update to your order that will ship with it, but you didn't initiate it, they did.

ugh.

bread's done
Back