Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) $20 - Amazon

[quote name='flames_of_chaos']Metal Gear Solid portable ops plus is 19.99 on amazon as well.[/QUOTE]

standard price for that and PO minus too, good standard tho

[quote name='gobz']in for one, thanks op[/QUOTE]

I love your pro wrestling sign! During the cag cast they were talking about the contest for the new WWE game, and I was wishing nintendo would redo pro wrestling.. I used to kick ass with star man! Flip kick people from one side of the ring to the other... then pin em'

Managed to get an order as a gift in around 7:30 last night, so it did come back in stock. This plus a book on autism and Asperberger's that I was looking to order brought the total to just under what I paid for the game alone when I picked it up on release day. Thanks for the heads-up.

RagManX

anyone who missed it, a comparable deal is buy.com $28.99- gco (free shipping)

also, this carries a $5 pricegrabber rebate

wow I guess amazon is happy they sold out of their stock that no one was buying before the deal.. i passed tho, can't justify the buy when I already own SOTN on the PS3

This is fantastic, I'm planning on getting myself a PSP as a birthday present soon, and this, FF:Tactics, and Disagea where going to be my first games.

Threw in a 1 month card for Xbox Live for the free shipping. It bumps it back up to it's original price after taxes, but a free month of Live is a free month.

Thanks!

Damn it Cheapy, I love you for bringing this to my attention, but the way I've been spending my wife will bust my balls even for $25. I wish it was somewhere B&M cuz that way I could pay cash and she wouldn't see the charge. What to do, what to do...

[quote name='karkyco']Damn it Cheapy, I love you for bringing this to my attention, but the way I've been spending my wife will bust my balls even for $25. I wish it was somewhere B&M cuz that way I could pay cash and she wouldn't see the charge. What to do, what to do...[/quote]

Use cash to buy a prepaid card and use said prepaid card on the game.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Use cash to buy a prepaid card and use said prepaid card on the game.[/quote]

Good call man.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']I feel like a sucker for buying this on launch >_

looks like its still available, but I heard this game has a punishing difficulty.... Is it still worth it at $20? I played a like 10 minutes of one of the DS games and seemed fine, I head the older the harder it is.

Good thing I sold my copy (which I got for $30 at launch) for about $25. Even though Castlevania is one of my favorite series and as good as this game is, I just can't get myself to play old-school Castlevanias anymore :cry:

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']looks like its still available, but I heard this game has a punishing difficulty.... Is it still worth it at $20? I played a like 10 minutes of one of the DS games and seemed fine, I head the older the harder it is.[/quote]

Yes it's hard, and yes it's worth 19.99.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']looks like its still available, but I heard this game has a punishing difficulty.... Is it still worth it at $20? I played a like 10 minutes of one of the DS games and seemed fine, I head the older the harder it is.[/quote]

This one has a "save" feature which helps out a little, but it is a somewhat difficult game. Expect to die over and over again until you learn the enemies' patterns, just like the old school games. I can't seem to find enjoyment in that anymore, which is why I didn't care for the game too much.

[quote name='angrywolf']This one has a "save" feature which helps out a little, but it is a somewhat difficult game. Expect to die over and over again until you learn the enemies' patterns, just like the old school games. I can't seem to find enjoyment in that anymore, which is why I didn't care for the game too much.[/QUOTE]

Try and die til you memorize and act flawlessly gets a lil old for me too. I like to progress in games, and if you do really well you should earn rewards.

But replaying the same battles over and over til you get it perfect, Super Star Wars SNES killed that genre for me after climbing for 20 minutes, then get bumped/killed and have to reclimb everything

Good info tho on this Vania being try and die, i prefer the more progress/explore types like SOTN, Dawn of Sorrow

Well, gee, I was bummed over missing the stupid preorder fig for this game, but I just bought the game for $20 and the fig for about $10 shipped on ePay. So I guess I saved a few bucks by waiting for once. :lol: Thanks CAG! :cool:

[quote name='angrywolf']This one has a "save" feature which helps out a little, but it is a somewhat difficult game. Expect to die over and over again until you learn the enemies' patterns, just like the old school games. I can't seem to find enjoyment in that anymore, which is why I didn't care for the game too much.[/quote]

[quote name='expane']Try and die til you memorize and act flawlessly gets a lil old for me too. I like to progress in games, and if you do really well you should earn rewards.

But replaying the same battles over and over til you get it perfect, Super Star Wars SNES killed that genre for me after climbing for 20 minutes, then get bumped/killed and have to reclimb everything

Good info tho on this Vania being try and die, i prefer the more progress/explore types like SOTN, Dawn of Sorrow[/quote]

So basically it hard in the same sense Gradius and Metal Slug is hard right? I don't think I can play games like that except for nostalgia, and I never played this game so I don't really want to be cursing at the psp like a weirdo at the bus stop...

This is my first Castlevania game.
This game is tough. Stuck on the ship atm and I've been through it like 30 times. I guess I should be more patient and learn the boss patterns instead of trying to take him out as quick as possible. :p

bread's done
Back