Chance to Win 800 MS Points - Spalding

I just wanted to warn people here- there was a thread on CAG about texting 74777 for microsoft points. Well I got charged 16 bucks because it apparently subscribed me- even though I never got any messages from them. Couldn't find the thread on here, but just wanted to give a word of caution to others.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']74777[/QUOTE]I been entering every single txt/MSP contest ever posted to this sub-forum and can't find 74777 in my txt history anywhere. What brand was it linked to?

[quote name='eugaet']I been entering every single txt/MSP contest ever posted to this sub-forum and can't find 74777 in my txt history anywhere. What brand was it linked to?[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering the same.

Edit: I've looked all over the site and even googled the number and can't find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sw33tbombs']I just wanted to warn people here- there was a thread on CAG about texting 74777 for microsoft points. Well I got charged 16 bucks because it apparently subscribed me- even though I never got any messages from them. Couldn't find the thread on here, but just wanted to give a word of caution to others.[/QUOTE]

All I could find about '74777' is something called Playphone. I see nothing about that being related to Microsoft Points and that number is no where in my text history either. So I don't know how you ended up getting charged when as far as I can tell, it has no connection to these MS Points contests.

* Short Code 74777: 20 credits Platinum plan: Includes the Ringtone plan (10 download credits), plus Games, Videos & Graphics plan, (10 download credits). For every month of service, users will receive 20 download credits (10 credits + 10 Bonus download credits). The combined charge for this plans is $9.99 per month and will appear on your carrier phone bill.

Same thing happened to me (I JUST got my phone, and the only things i have texted have been contests posted here), and apparently there was some 20 dollar charge for something involving games. Ill have to ask my mom about it when i get back home, but luckily verizon cancelled it.

bread's done
Back