Characters in SSBB Sakurai is considering

Why would Marth AND Roy be removed? They are somewhat clones of each other, but as someone pointed out, even the "clones" are tweaked just enough that their gameplay is altered.

Plus, neither of them behave like anyone else. Also, aren't they hot properties at tournaments?

I'd assume at least one of them would make it in. At least.

Anyway, I'm still pushing for more oddball characters. Like Reggie. Or Miyamoto.

Can you imagine Miyamoto? He's be the Shang Tsung of the SSBB universe, morphing into all his creations.

I hope that isn't true. Taking away characters doesn't seem like a smart move at all.
[quote name='Strell']Why would Marth AND Roy be removed? [/quote]

He said "or."

As long as I can do my Donkey kong suicide kill still i'll be happy. Kirbies suicide kill is fun too... but it's soooo much fun to just grab with donkey and jump off.

I'll add a couple to my original vote:

Starfox (N64 SSB Version)
Pacman
"Tecmo Bo" (Jackson)

I also think it would be cool if, instead of clothing colors changing you picked the different iteration of each characters - For instance, instead of red/blue/green Mario, you got Super Mario 1 "Blocky" Mario, Mario 2 Mario, Mario 64 Mario, etc. Same with Link. Moves, etc stay the same, just the way they look would change.

[quote name='chosen1s']I also think it would be cool if, instead of clothing colors changing you picked the different iteration of each characters - For instance, instead of red/blue/green Mario, you got Super Mario 1 "Blocky" Mario, Mario 2 Mario, Mario 64 Mario, etc. Same with Link. Moves, etc stay the same, just the way they look would change.[/QUOTE]

Agree. No need for a separate Dr. Mario select, just change costumes and you get to play as Dr. Mario (with the same moves/stats), except you throw pills instead of fireballs (but they behave the same, or differently, whatever).

On removing characters, I could care less if they remove Pichu and Mewtwo, but I'd like them to keep the rest (or at least do with Dr. Mario and Young Link what I said above).

They need to also make sure Kirby is restored to his powerhouse self after his massive power reduction in SSBM compared to SSB was the worst thing about an incredible, incredible game.

Ah, so much fun to speculate!

[quote name='Strell']Why would Marth AND Roy be removed? They are somewhat clones of each other, but as someone pointed out, even the "clones" are tweaked just enough that their gameplay is altered.

Plus, neither of them behave like anyone else. Also, aren't they hot properties at tournaments?

I'd assume at least one of them would make it in. At least.

Anyway, I'm still pushing for more oddball characters. Like Reggie. Or Miyamoto.

Can you imagine Miyamoto? He's be the Shang Tsung of the SSBB universe, morphing into all his creations.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say Marth and Roy. I said Marth or Roy. There's a big difference.

Also, to everyone else, why the hate on Game & Watch and Mewtwo? At least they have their own movesets and play styles. Regardless of the fact that I hate Pokemon, I think Mewtwo is one of the more cool and unique players in the game.

I want to see Megaman and Sonic
but it'll be a bonus to see
anyone from Street Fighter namely Ryu or Akuma/Gouki or Chun Li or Sakura
hmmm
Chun Li VS Samus

[quote name='cgpwns']Do you think they could add characters to the game through Nintendo Wifi Connection?[/QUOTE]
I don't see why not. I'm just not sure how the logistics of that would work with a finite amount of storage space on the box.

I would say we need some FFIV/VI characters (Sabin's blitz could be amazing, especially if they used the same combos), but I'm not sure if their 3D incarnations would be satisfactory, other than Mog, who is easy enough.

[quote name='cgpwns']Do you think they could add characters to the game through Nintendo Wifi Connection?[/quote]
Something tells me this wouldn't be possible, or at the very least, a total nightmare. You'd not only have to add the new character, you'd have to add the new power/hat for Kirby, add new reactions for pre-existing characters to the new character's attacks, re-map the character select screen, and I'm sure there are a myriad of things I'm not even thinking of.

Now, new arenas I think could be done.

Also, as far as Final Fantasy characters, I bet if anything it would be one of the races from Crystal Chronicles.

It bothers me that they're bringing in third-party characters when there are still plenty of good first-party characters that haven't been tapped.

Imagine a Pikmin character that is actually a pile of the little guys attacking en masse. You could incorporate the different color abilities. Even Olimar could be cool, but it appears he's already been ruled out.

Chibi Robo would rock, though I'm not sure how you'd get around the size issue. Still, he could whip people with his plug, sweep gusts of wind at them, etc.

No one's even mentioned Animal Crossing. Imagine K.K. Slider fighting like El Kabong! If nothing else, this HAS to be included as a location.

What about someone from Advance Wars? The Balloon Fight guys might be cool, but I was never impressed with the way the Ice Climbers played, so maybe not. A swarm of Electroplankton might not make it as a playable character, but could be a cool weapon (ala the Nintendog that blocks the screen).

[quote name='Tybee']
No one's even mentioned Animal Crossing. Imagine K.K. Slider fighting like El Kabong! If nothing else, this HAS to be included as a location.
[/QUOTE]

Kabong!

[quote name='Greetard']

Also, to everyone else, why the hate on Game & Watch and Mewtwo? At least they have their own movesets and play styles. Regardless of the fact that I hate Pokemon, I think Mewtwo is one of the more cool and unique players in the game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like either G&W or Mewtwo because, at least to me, they were clumsy to use and fairly ineffective. As opposed to Jigglypuff, who can be fragile and difficult to use but can be powerful and effective if you get good with her/it. Here is the part where I concede that there are probably players out there who are awesome with G&W/Mewtwo and better at SSBM than I will ever be - but, to me they were not usable in serious competition. Thus, I prefer characters who are more impactful.

I'll fully support N64 Kirby as long as you support N64 Fox.

R.O.B. could be fun and he could throw his little spinning discs. Could have lasers from his eyes, etc.

The Street Fighter idea was a good one, as long as SSBM never goes down the ridiculous Alpha XZY road with the series with all the charge attacks and complicated memorization button combinations I would fully welcome them.

Bionic Commando would be cool, and I'd love to see the Ikari Warriors come in (only one at a time though, depending on the color you chose - but maybe in a team match they would have some special moves if both players on a team used them).

I don't remember if I heard Icarus was already in, but I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't been in the prior games yet. Flying, arrows, he's already built for the game...

[quote name='chosen1s']I also think it would be cool if, instead of clothing colors changing you picked the different iteration of each characters - For instance, instead of red/blue/green Mario, you got Super Mario 1 "Blocky" Mario, Mario 2 Mario, Mario 64 Mario, etc. Same with Link. Moves, etc stay the same, just the way they look would change.[/QUOTE]

I think they should all be done in the newer graphics, but have true alternate costumes. No color swaps, but costumes (sort of like how Pikachu and Jiggly had different headgear in Melee). Mario could have Dr. Mario, Fireflower suit, his Soccer jersey from Strikers, etc.

Mostly, I just want to see sweet alternative costumes for Snake (Camo and eye patch from MG3, the Tuxedo, maybe a Pliskin suit, or if they're really feeling bold...a Raiden mask).

Also, I think the FLUDD from Mario Sunshine should be an item.

They should put in some characters from Resident Evil. My first choice would be Jill and then Ada. Although the color of Jill's clothes resemble Solid Snake's.
Ada might make a better choice since she has a dress and shorts(?). If not Ada, then Jill. Claire and Rebecca (Rebecca did have her own game after all). Forgot to mention Alexia, now that would be cool. She could transform, of course. Barry Burton. Or maybe even Steve (that does a certain something hint hint) Or an Alfred that you know whats.

No Leon though. If they would put him into the game and none of the other characters I said, then they can go to Shaq-Fu Shaq.

And as a stage, have the big lake creature come outta the water and scare you half to death. In the background you could have the castle or RE 1's Mansion. Or
have a stage where you're fighting in the Mansion. A couple of the rooms from the game, with a collapsable ceiling in that one room. Jill Sandwich. Or have the Helipad or Lab.

Other characters that I'd like to see. Kaede Smith. And that assassin Ayumi, she's dressed in a schoolgirl's outfit. Oh yeah, thow in the maid Samantha Smith. :)
Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer. (better than the Brian Age guy suggestion) :)

Last, but not least (since he should've been in the other 2 games) Toad.

[quote name='chosen1s']I don't remember if I heard Icarus was already in, but I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't been in the prior games yet. Flying, arrows, he's already built for the game...[/QUOTE]

Pit is indeed in, as he was probably the most requested character missing from the previous Smash Bros. titles.

You can see pics and video of him in action here.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I really want more Mario universe characters. My first pick would be Koopa, though Shy Guy and Toad would be great as well. Goomba, Chain Chomp, Bob-omb, Lakitu, or Boo would be cool too, but, lacking arms, they wouldn't really work well in a fighting game; they'd be better in a future version of Mario Kart.[/QUOTE]

Nobody in last list except Toad and maybe Koopa Troopa is important. Terrible idea.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I really want more Mario universe characters. My first pick would be Koopa, though Shy Guy and Toad would be great as well. Goomba, Chain Chomp, Bob-omb, Lakitu, or Boo would be cool too, but, lacking arms, they wouldn't really work well in a fighting game; they'd be better in a future version of Mario Kart.[/QUOTE]
Add Mouser to the list, but only if he speaks with a German accent like in the Super Mario Bros. cartoon :rofl:

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Bonk would be cool. Sonic, Mario and Bonk in the same game. Sweet.[/quote]

Why not throw Crash Bandicoot in the mix? That'd be a sweet fight.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why not throw Crash Bandicoot in the mix? That'd be a sweet fight.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy!

Besides, I'm sure they'll come out with "Crash Bandicoot's Super Sibling Smash Up" a few months later anyway.

In terms of adding new characters through WiFi.... Although it is possible to do so, it is not likely to happen. It would have to be designed to support that feature well in advance, with enough forethought to be able to provide enough game content to have a fully playable character. That means: animations, 3D model, AI for the character (if you want the computer to play it), and everything else. On top of an engine that can load all that from a foreign source. Despite the fact that if someone was to do something that I would consider "crazy," Nintendo's the team.... But my gut feeling tells me "no, no way, no way can they do that."

The character I voted for was Tin Star from SNES. As a devoted fan of Kraftwerk who is currently stuck in Texas, I feel that the presence of robots and cowboys is imperative to fulfill the use of the word "Brawl" in the name.

Going back to characters that have been confirmed, The Smash Bros. site has been updated with profiles of Zero Suit Samus and Wario added.

Zero Suit Samus
Wario

photo_l2.jpg

photo_l3.jpg

photo_l2.jpg

photo_l3.jpg

Interesting things to note..

-Regular Samus will be playable (duh)
-Zero Suit won't be a stand-alone, but a form of regular Samus (my theory is that she loses her suit after her super like in the trailer, or after she's taken a certain amount of damage)
-Wario's movements and moveset will be WarioWare based, which should make for an...interesting character
-Also, if you're worried about jaggies, Sakurai has said that the screens are very early and aren't a correct representation of how the final game will look. They'll definitely be polished, but that should come last.

Awesome. I'm glad Zero-Suit Samus won't be a standalone character, as I'm not a fan of the pointless duplicates.

Also interesting are the playfields in the background. The red sky locale they keep showing is obviously Meta-Knight's ship. I'm trying to figure out if the castle here is derived from Zelda, Fire Emblem, or possibly Odama. Wario is clearly on Pit's turf in that third pic, although note the glowing blue lines on the ground. Are those Wii disc slots? Weird.

I'm going to say that the castle looks more Fire Emblem-based than anything; allthough, I've never played Odama, so that's a possibility also. I also have to say that I am impressed with the backgrounds. They all look beautiful.

I still say Sam Fisher from from Splinter Cell is extremly likely. With Snake in there and Ubisoft making Red Steel for Nintendo I think it's extremly likely.

[quote name='SMMM']I'm going to say that the castle looks more Fire Emblem-based than anything; allthough, I've never played Odama, so that's a possibility also. I also have to say that I am impressed with the backgrounds. They all look beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Also, if you look carefully, you'll notice that the flags on the castle interior shot are the same as those in the exterior castle shot. So it's conceivable that it could be a single level, where you can move inside and outside. That would be awesome as all get out. Each playfield could be like a mini Power Stone, where the action gradually moves throughout the setting as the battle progresses.

[quote name='Tybee']Also, if you look carefully, you'll notice that the flags on the castle interior shot are the same as those in the exterior castle shot. So it's conceivable that it could be a single level, where you can move inside and outside. That would be awesome as all get out. Each playfield could be like a mini Power Stone, where the action gradually moves throughout the setting as the battle progresses.[/QUOTE]

Please...no. That's from Powerstone 2...and we don't want this to turn out like that (although the moving stages was a neat idea).

Perhaps it's like a DOA game, where there are different "tiers" in each level? I hope not; I think the old style is best.

[quote name='SMMM']Going back to characters that have been confirmed, The Smash Bros. site has been updated with profiles of Zero Suit Samus and Wario added.

Zero Suit Samus
Wario

Interesting things to note..

-Regular Samus will be playable (duh)
-Zero Suit won't be a stand-alone, but a form of regular Samus (my theory is that she loses her suit after her super like in the trailer, or after she's taken a certain amount of damage)-Wario's movements and moveset will be WarioWare based, which should make for an...interesting character
-Also, if you're worried about jaggies, Sakurai has said that the screens are very early and aren't a correct representation of how the final game will look. They'll definitely be polished, but that should come last.[/QUOTE]

Thank God. I hated the fact that they would waste a new character on someone so pointless. I think it's more likely that they'll be similar to the Zelda/Shiek combo.

[quote name='Greetard']Thank God. I hated the fact that they would waste a new character on someone so pointless. I think it's more likely that they'll be similar to the Zelda/Shiek combo.[/QUOTE]

Notice he said "under certain conditions" in the profile. That, combined by what happens in the trailer leaves me to believe she loses it after her special or after the suit's taken enough damage; although, there is also the possibility of a combination of both. Crawling out of her suit so it doesn't get damaged?

I would have actually enjoyed it being seperate. As for damaged. I don't think so. That would make little sense given the damage she takes in the games and yet still never takes it off.

But still Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell is all but confirmed in my mind with Snake being there and Ubisoft making an exclusive Nintendo Game on the Wii.

[quote name='j.elles']I would have actually enjoyed it being seperate. As for damaged. I don't think so. That would make little sense given the damage she takes in the games and yet still never takes it off.

But still Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell is all but confirmed in my mind with Snake being there and Ubisoft making an exclusive Nintendo Game on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Not gunna happen. Sorry.

I think it will happen given how popular it is over here and the close relationship Nintendo is developing with Nintendo. Either way it's probably up to ubisof to approach Nintendo. And with them working closely with Nintendo on the development of Red Steel and Nintendo releasing Metroid on the DS as a FPS, which are like RPG's over here a few popular ones and thats it, I think it is likely. Not 100% but I think at the very least Ubisoft appoached Nintendo on this after the trailer. I mean Splinter Cell is still widely considered to be the competitor to MGSolid. I for one won't be surprised if he shows up.

To me this is a smart obvious choice for Nintendo and follows in the steps of appealing to the older more hard core audience that other games there developing like Metroid Prime Hunters, Day of Defeat, Project HAMMER, and Snake being in SSB Brawl are taking.

You must be shrooming. Sam Fisher isnt even on the list of alternates that they are considering in case something goes wrong with the first list.

Wario is going to be Warioware based?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the Warioware games, but I just hate the way Wario's character is in them... I'd much rather have old school greedy Wario, with specials involving treasures chests, dragon and bull hats, and shoulder charges.

If only Little Mac showed up.

I don't think it's 100% going to happen. But to say this idea isn't or at the very least wasn't thrown around by someone at one or both companies at some point I'd say you are the one who must be crazy.

It's almost a given the professor from Brain Age will show up somehow... if a damn Nintendog can make it, and Brain Age is about 10000000 more popular, its a given the prof. will show up somehow.

bread's done
Back