Characters in SSBB Sakurai is considering

[quote name='Tybee']More than King Boo? ;)

Yet one more reason why Mario Kart for the DS was infinitely better than the GameCube version.[/QUOTE]

King boo was (essentially) just a Big Boo, and I thought they were cool.

Petey, however, is a retarded version of a Pirannha Plant, and for some reason INSISTS on being in every Mario-related game since.

So, yes, MK: DS was better. :)

[quote name='Blind the Thief']King boo was (essentially) just a Big Boo, and I thought they were cool.

Petey, however, is a retarded version of a Pirannha Plant, and for some reason INSISTS on being in every Mario-related game since.

So, yes, MK: DS was better. :)[/QUOTE]

I'd make you proud Blind...while playing NSMB my jaw dropped when I saw Petey was a boss. So I thought, fuck you." Activtated my mega mushroom, and stomped all over his ass. :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221'] Activtated my mega mushroom, and stomped all over his ass. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sounds hawt.

BTW, tomorrow night should be day of photoshopping reckoning for you, mister.

[quote name='Strell']BTW, tomorrow night should be day of photoshopping reckoning for you, mister.[/QUOTE]

Sweeeeeet, I was starting to think you forgot about me.

It be mah course 'n testin' keeping me from sitting down to it.

But luckily tomorrow I am all done.

Happy scuttles ahoy

[quote name='strayfoxx']The main character in Rush N' Attack would be cool..Stab stab stab stab..Bazooka...Jump..Stab...[/QUOTE]

Add a 40 oz. and that sounds like most weekends for me.

http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=1226

New rumor regarding a possible character from Ubisoft. Rayman makes the most sense. I'd love to see Jade, but I doubt it.

Also, Nintendo Power lists their wishlist for new Brawl characters which are Captain Olimar, Sonic, Mega Man, Viewtful Joe, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Klonoa and Bonk. Sonic and Bonk would make sense to promote the VC, and I have never even thought of Klonoa! Wow, Klonoa would fit in perfectly!!

[quote name='SMMM']http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=1226

New rumor regarding a possible character from Ubisoft. Rayman makes the most sense. I'd love to see Jade, but I doubt it.

Also, Nintendo Power lists their wishlist for new Brawl characters which are Captain Olimar, Sonic, Mega Man, Viewtful Joe, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Klonoa and Bonk. Sonic and Bonk would make sense to promote the VC, and I have never even thought of Klonoa! Wow, Klonoa would fit in perfectly!![/QUOTE]

Klonoa would kick sooo much ass! However, I think they should stay within the Nintendo Franchises (except for Snake & Sonic/Knuckles).

The complete list of characters that Sakurai listed before stopping updating:

Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros. - 1985)
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros. - 1985)
Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1988)
Petey Piranha (Super Mario Sunshine - 2002)
Vivian (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 2005)
"Cel-Shaded" Link (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002)
Link's Uncle (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 1991)
Ganon/Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda/The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 1986/1998)
Bow Wow the Chain Chomp (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - 1998)
Ridley (Metroid - 1986)
Sylux (Metroid Prime: Hunters - 2006)
Noxus (Metroid Prime: Hunters - 2006)
Weavel (Metroid Prime: Hunters - 2006)
Peppy Hare (Star Fox - 1993)
Slippy Toad (Star Fox - 1993)
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures - 2002)
Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox 64 - 1997)
Diddy Kong (solo) (Donkey Kong Country - 1994)
Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - 1994/1995)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country - 1994)
Ninten (Mother - 1989)
Paula (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Jeff (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Poo (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Claus (Mother 3 - 2006)
Lucas (Mother 3 - 2006)
Princess Kumatora (Mother 3 - 2006)
King Dedede (Kirby's Dreamland - 1992)
Lololo & Lalala (Kirby's Dreamland - 1992)
Marx (Kirby Super Star - 1996)
Jeigan (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Oguma (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Nabarl (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Sheeda (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Maji (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Saji (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu - 1996)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Soren (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Mia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Gardevoir (Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire - 2003)
Steven Stone (Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire - 2003)
Black Shadow (F-Zero X - 1998)
Palutena (Kid Icarus - 1986)
Medusa (Kid Icarus - 1986)
Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus - 1986)
Isaac (Golden Sun - 2001)
Felix (Golden Sun - 2001)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream - 1990)
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!! - 1994)
Banker (Mario Paint - 1992)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo - 2004)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin - 2001)
Human Main Character (Animal Forest - 2001)
Tom Nook (Animal Forest - 2001)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo! - 2005)
Harry the Robot (Teleroboxer - 1995)
Doctor Wright (SimCity - 1991)**
Muddy (Mole Mania - 1996)
The Blue Virus (Dr. Mario - 1990)
Urban Fighters (Urban Champion - 1984)
Lip (Panel de Pon - 1995)
Furil (Nintendo Puzzle Collection: Panel de Pon - 2003)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou - 1986)
Demiru (Tomato Adventure - 2002)
Tomato Robot (Tomato Adventure - 2002)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight - 1993)
Donbe (Shin Oni ga Shima - 1987)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - 1989)*
Jill (Screw Breaker [Drill Dozer in the U.S.] - 2005 [2006])
Ippongi Ryuta of Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan - 2005)
Hero/Heroine (Magical Vacation - 2001)
Professor Kawashima (Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - 2006)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros. - 1999)
Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros. Melee - 2001)
#166 Golden Sun characters and/or Advance Wars infantrymen
#218 Famicom Tantei Club characters

Third Party Suggestions

Mega Man (Capcom) (Mega Man - 1987)
G-Red (Capcom) (Gotcha Force - 2003)
Simon Belmont (Konami) (Castlevania - 1986)
Power Pro-Kun (Konami) (Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '94 - 1994)
Lupus (Rare) (Jet Force Gemini - 1999)
Geno (Square Enix, Inc.) (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996)
Mallow (Square Enix, Inc.) (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996)
Sora (Disney/Square Enix, Inc.) (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 2004)
Magnus Gallant (Quest/Nintendo) (Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber - 2000)
Princess Katia (From Software) (Lost Kingdoms - 2002)
Kalas (tri-Crescendo/Monolith Soft) (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - 2003)
Thomas the Kung-Fu Master (Irem) (Spartan X [Kung-Fu in the U.S.] - 1985)

That's quite the list... of all the characters in Path of Radiance, they pick Ike, Soren, and MIA? I'd prefer Oscar, thanks much.

[quote name='botticus']That's quite the list... of all the characters in Path of Radiance, they pick Ike, Soren, and MIA? I'd prefer Oscar, thanks much.[/QUOTE]

That's not the true roster, only what he's considering.

[quote name='Greetard']That's not the true roster, only what he's considering.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I knew that as I was typing, but didn't put it out there right.

To rephrase, why would he pick Mia out of that cast as one of the options?

Ippongi Ryuta would be interesting, but they'd have to change him in the US version. To the dude from "Elite Beat Agents"

My choices:

Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and maybe a Shadow recolor for Sonic
Geno and Mallow from Super Mario RPG
Mega Man (Original and/or X) and Zero
Ash Ketchum
And I'd love to see Sora and some of the FF characters from Kingdom Hearts

While I don't think Ash could have many attacks that he could perform himself, if he say included a Pikachu partner (a la Pokemon Yellow) that he could command and included an option for prolonged control of Pokemon from the Pokeball item (including specific attacks only he could use) that could open up a couple options.

I'm ecstatic to see Golden Sun characters on the list. Imagine the attacks they could have... I wonder if Djinn would somehow be included?

To me it seems like they want about the same ammount of playable charaters as Melee. Why? Add at least 10 extras even if they are all unlockable.

Holy shit, what if nintendo was talking with ubisoft about putting Sam Fisher in the game...

With Kojima poking fun at SC in the MGS4 announcement, maybe ubi wants to start a fight..

Snake vs Fisher.. It's ON!

Also, the main character from Alien Hominid would be a great addition too. He'd fit in with the other SSB characters very well. He could use different blaster attacks, knives, bite people for a grab hit..

Then you could have a butterscotch item/attack that would slow down opponnents in sticky, tasty butterscotch. (one of the bosses of alien hominid is a giant mess that explodes out of a butterscotch factory.. quite entertaining.

[quote name='musicnoteless']If they don't bring Geno...SOmeone's getting a punch in the dick.

[/QUOTE]

Get your fists ready--as awesome as it would be, I don't see it likely. I will gladly eat my words later (with a pinch of salt!) if this actually comes to be, though.

Bumping this topic.

This is an idea I started out over at PGC.com's forums. It began completely as a joke (the SSBB thread over there is brutal and stupid and drawn out, arguing about everything regarding SSB, SSBM, and SSBB - balance issues, whether the fuck or not Animal Crossing deserves to be in SSBB, etc etc, basically a bunch of dumb shit) because I make fun of the people over there being so serious about the game. I mean it's a huge game but it's not worth the level of scrutiny it's getting over there.

Anyway, here's the post:

I think all the characters should have morphing capabilities. It only makes sense.

Mario -> Dr. Mario
Luigi -> Ghost Hunter Luigi
Wario (classic) -> Wario (Biker)
Yoshi (classic) -> Yoshi (Paper Mario)
Princess -> Daisy
Zelda -> Sheik
Link -> Young/Cel Link
Ganondorf -> Ganon
Fox -> Falco
Captain Falcon -> Samurai Goro (or whatever the dude's name is)
Ness -> Poo/Paula/Jeff/Mother 3 Hero
Donkey Kong -> Diddy Kong
Bowser -> Bowser Jr.
Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff
Pikachu -> Pichu
Marth -> Roy
Kid Icarus (classic) -> Kid Icarus (new)
Ice Climbers Popo -> Ice Climbers Nana (just switch them, but with new attacks)
Mewtwo -> Mew
Samus -> Zero Suit Samus
Kirby -> Metaknight

Man...who does that leave?

Even with new characters it works:

Solid Snake -> Big Boss or Gray Fox (whatever the Ninja's name is)
Megaman (rumored) -> X or Zero
Simon Belmont (rumored) -> Alucard
Geno (rumored) -> ....Maybe Mallow?
Ryu (perhaps) -> Ken

You know, when I started writing this, it was a total joke, but honestly, it's not that terrible of an idea, and it works out surprisingly well. There's only a few that wouldn't honestly work (Mr. Game and Watch? Maybe he turns into a G&W variant?)

I'd rather them just do tag functions if someone thought this was a good idea.

And personally I don't really care to see/not see this implemented. Again, this started out as a joke, but once I look at the list, it just works.

Dragon Chan? Why not Bald Bull or King Hippo? (Bald Bull is a better choice, in comparison to King Hippo, as he's better rounded.)

Strell, if the rumored Sonic inclusion plays out, they could do a Sonic->Tails, Sonic->Knuckles, or even a Sonic->Shadow morph.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://igo.ampednews.com/features/207/

For all you Smash nuts.[/QUOTE]

that article was for shit. He said learning to air dodge different directions is hard.. try shffling, wavedashing, spiking, any of those are the real high level techniques, and those take months or years to really learn. That's what makes melee great. little gameplay quirks that mostly are used to remove delays from attacks.

I think the online will be good if they keep it to no item matches and rank only 1v1 or 2v2 games. free for alls could be just for fun, 1v1 and 2v2 would have rankings. I say no item matches because nobody plays items anyway, and they'd just make the network code harder to create and lag the game up bad. Lots of people would do things like throw pokeballs and any items around just to lag the game and be a dick.

Basically they need to add new characters, lots of new items (for offline free for alls) and do a better job with the single player and stages. The multiplayer is pretty much perfect, except many of the stages aren't used most times. We always end up playing on final destination and Fountain of Dreams.. And there needs to be a better single player mode, with tons more trophies, videos, unlockable music..

Only thing I'd suggest for multiplayer is if the "brawl" attacks are going to be like super moves, don't disrupt the flow of the match with "dramatic" camera angles, and don't let them be abused/overpowered AT ALL. I really would hate to see brawl turn into who can use the super uber attack first online. They also should add more of the advanced techs that don't get noticed for 6 months into the game's life.

oh also i read that he says people like bowser or ganon have no chance in melee with "lightning fast" gameplay like other characters.
this guy should have interviewed a real smasher before writing this

I agree that article was bad... He obviously is one of those persons who just picked up the game and never got into it. Not to sound like a nerd, but c-stick can be charged, all u have to do is press z or a immediately after and wallah.

I'm just pissed about how he said less complicated controlls. I though ssbm had top notch controls. The special move only require a button or a combination of analog and a button. Now compare that to something like virtua fight or even street fighter where there is easily 3 buttons with different level of punches and kicks.

Some of his ideas [like one] were interesting, but it seems like he was just asking too much out of Brawl. I hope SSBB doesn't follow this sort of thinking or it might just become another Powerstone...

@trell: That morphing idea is cool. But I really wouldn't want it for most of the chars. It was fine with Shiek, but if every character had morphing, that would be minus one move of the original. They might as well make a seperate character. Or add a button. I'm just afraid it'll be a morphfest and would just go crazy.

Personally, I just hope the gameplay is kept intact and that the "brawl" attacks are item induced. I also hope that they bring back Roy [yes... I know, he sucks hardcore against Marth]. Wouldn't mind playing as Star Wolf as well. :D

bread's done
Back