cheap ass poster frames?

B

Blackout

I need some poster frames for movie & game posters. I think the size needed is pretty expensive at stores such as Walmart. Anyone know where to get these on the cheap?

I bought some for my brother in law a couple of months ago for his movie posters. I got them at Michaels. It's a chain craft store around here (Utah). I am not sure how many stores they have in the country. They ran $25 and had the black plastic frame with a clear plastic cover.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I bought some for my brother in law a couple of months ago for his movie posters. I got them at Michaels. It's a chain craft store around here (Utah). I am not sure how many stores they have in the country. They ran $25 and had the black plastic frame with a clear plastic cover.[/quote]

Wait $25 a pop or for a couple you bought? I think there is some Michaels around here, not too sure though.

Michaels from time to time has a 10$ any poster frame deal, you can get the larger 27x40 frames that are normally 25$ for 10$. They usually do it once a month, or once every 2 months or so. The only way to know when their going to do it though is to keep an eye on their ad on the website. They are running a 50% off all poster frames this week.

I got some a little over a month ago from a craft store, AC Moore. They were running a sale at the time and I got them for $15/ea.

I have tons of lithographs, prints, and original artwork that I gave up on framing and just went with a different option to protect them. What I did find for the smaller pieces was itoya art portfolios, which allow me to protect them and also flip through them. It was about $20 for a 24 page (48 w/ back front) 14 X 19 Itoya art portfolio binder from Dick Blick. It was perfect for the smaller lithographs/prints and all the original artwork I had from comic book artists. Then I purchases a zip up portfoilio to protect the larger pieces up to 28 X 36 although this was for protection only and doesn't allow display.

Ikea.

If you're lucky enough to have one near by that is. They might ship but I was shocked when I was in store. They have poster sizes and are _very_ inexpensive for a variety of styles. Much better than the frames I picked up at Michaels.

[quote name='Blackout542']I need some poster frames for movie & game posters. I think the size needed is pretty expensive at stores such as Walmart. Anyone know where to get these on the cheap?[/quote]

[quote name='walletandgromice']Ikea.

If you're lucky enough to have one near by that is. They might ship but I was shocked when I was in store. They have poster sizes and are _very_ inexpensive for a variety of styles. Much better than the frames I picked up at Michaels.[/quote]

Cool, there's one opening up near me and I will have to check it out.... thanks.

Michaels and Ikea.
I have used the Michaels frames and they have a good selection of sizes and styles (black, brass, 'chrome,' and brushed metal last i looked).

If your poster doesn't fit exactly they have premade mats cut also for a nice finished look you would be proud to have in your home.

I went to Hobby Lobby here and had the two of mine framed, with glass. Paid a hefty price (35 each I think it was, maybe a bit more) ( I know it's not cheapass) but they look sooo nice hanging up.

[quote name='gordie08']Michaels from time to time has a 10$ any poster frame deal, you can get the larger 27x40 frames that are normally 25$ for 10$. They usually do it once a month, or once every 2 months or so. The only way to know when their going to do it though is to keep an eye on their ad on the website. They are running a 50% off all poster frames this week.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, I might check it out.

bread's done
Back