Cheap GBA games everywhere! Are you stocking up?

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As we all know, the Game Boy Advance's best years are behind it, and the portable's status is pretty much like the PS1 was in its final years. The GBA is currently the most successful handheld of all time. Nintendo learned from their mistakes with the Game Boy Color, and while horrible kiddie and licensed titles are still a common sight, there were a lot of great games and ports released.

The GBA seems to be bucking a trend the GBC and original Game Boy had - cheap games are abundant, especially on the used market. At one EB, I spotted several titles as $5.99 or less, while most of their GB/GBC carts were over that price. For example, Marble Madness/Klax is going for $4.99 at GameStop/EB, while the GBC version of Marble Madness is going for $9.99 there. You can get both Golden Sun games there for $15 total used. GameCrazy lowered prices on several used GBA games and cleared out several of their new titles. I got new copies of Drill Dozer and F-Zero GP Legend at Best Buy for $10 each.

I've bought over 30 GBA games this year, with the majority of used games being under $5 and the majority of new ones under $10.

Sure, the new releases are few and far between, but if you've wanted to add more stuff to your GBA library, things are looking good (especially if loose carts aren't a concern to you).

On another note, I also think this is going to be the best time to get the RPG's - even Riviera only set me back $10 used.

So, have you been buying more GBA games lately?

I've been grabbing those I can find at a discount. Got AstroBoy for $5 (great game), WarioWare Twisted with the GBA Micro coupon for free, Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games for $5 of $10 (severely overlooked game, as fun as Track & Field), and more.

Haven't had any luck in finding a next-to-free copy of F-Zero GP yet, still on the look-out for that one.

I've been picking up a few games, but not as many as I had hoped. Someone should make a list of all the GBA games that are new for under $10
These come to mind:
Gunstar Super Heroes
Rebel Star Tactical
Classic Nes Series (any of them)
Pacman Collection
Sigma Star Saga
Dynasty Warriors Advance
Whack-a-Mole

I haven't seen any new GBA games for cheap that I don't already have, unfortunately. Luckily I've never minded paying $20-30 for a new game (versus the outrageous $50-60 most "big" games go for).

I'm with Wolf, I have seen cheap games, but they are Barbie games and Poker games. Nothing Iw ant.

I will say I have seen F-Zero Legends EVERYWHERE for less than $10 and every racer fan should buy that.

[quote name='David85']I'm with Wolf, I have seen cheap games, but they are Barbie games and Poker games. Nothing Iw ant.

I will say I have seen F-Zero Legends EVERYWHERE for less than $10 and every racer fan should buy that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wario Ware Twisted is another one of those $9.99 everywhere games though. While the vast majority of cheap GBA stuff sucks, the number of value priced good games has certainly largely risen over the last four-six months.

[quote name='David85']I have not even seen Wario Ware Twisted for regular price. I would love to find it for $10.[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster, Toys R Us, and Sears have all had it for $10 recently if you're hunting for it.

I must live in the wrong part of the country.

I have been to a couple Sears, one had like a game, another had shit GBA games for $10 to $15. There is only one TRU within about 40 miles of my house and the only way they could ever get me to go back there is if they are giving away games. And Blockbuster... :rofl: ...I haven't seen a GBA game in a Blockbuster since September of 2001, yep two months after the thing launched and they were already ditching them.

[quote name='David85']I must live in the wrong part of the country.

I have been to a couple Sears, one had like a game, another had shit GBA games for $10 to $15. There is only one TRU within about 40 miles of my house and the only way they could ever get me to go back there is if they are giving away games. And Blockbuster... :rofl: ...I haven't seen a GBA game in a Blockbuster since September of 2001, yep two months after the thing launched and they were already ditching them.[/QUOTE]

Well if you don't mind sending a post office money order, my TRU is loaded with them at the moment. I'd be happy to send you one for cost, tax and shipping ($12).

Nah, my GBA collection is pretty much "complete", after I lucked out and found a sealed copy of Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland. So after I pick up Naruto Ninja Council 2 and Final Fantasy VI Advance, I'll have exactly enough plastic game cases to hold all my games. ^_^

Unless Squeenix decides to port a couple more SNES games over....*cough cough* >_>

I actually got a few good (in my opinion) GBA games this year, all for cheap!

Mario Kart Super Circuit
Super Dodgeball(complete)
Double Dragon Advance
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (love this game :D)

[quote name='hootie']I actually got a few good (in my opinion) GBA games this year, all for cheap!

Mario Kart Super Circuit
Super Dodgeball(complete)
Double Dragon Advance
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (love this game :D)[/QUOTE]

Was Street Fighter II a NA release? I don't remember that coming out. I had Alpha 3, but I sold it since I knew a better version would come out for PSP. Aside from the missing buttons, it looked really good on the GBA.

Regarding Minish Cap-for whatever reason, I haven't liked any of the portable Zeldas since the original. I would have bought that at launch, and probably only played for a few hours before ditching it. I don't understand why everyone loves them and I don't (while I do like the "big" ones).

I'm looking for a good price on FFIV advance..

I'm glad GBA games are cheap, though.. they're some of the best available.

Not really, I have most of the games that I want for my GBA.

I finally picked up Gunstar Super Heroes, after waiting for it to drop past $15.

The only games I am still after are the two Kirby games for GBA.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Was Street Fighter II a NA release? I don't remember that coming out.[/quote]

Yep, it came out here in the US, back in 2001. It is a pretty rare game, so if you can get your hands on a copy, definitely go for it!

[quote name='furyk']Well if you don't mind sending a post office money order, my TRU is loaded with them at the moment. I'd be happy to send you one for cost, tax and shipping ($12).[/QUOTE]

What'sa post office money order? I know what a money order is but i never knew the post office did them.

I bought only about 250 this year all new, which brings me to the 642 mark. I'm trying to get the whole collection but there are quite a few I can't find new at any price and I'd hate to give up now. It's to bad that so much crap is being released on the system now, I kinda wish they'd stop making them if I have to buy crap like Phil of the Future 6 months down the line. Still I think it's probably the second greatest system ever and has one of the larger if not second or third largest libraries, hovering at the 1000 mark I think.

Speaking of cheap GBA games, has anyone ever bought anything from www.buyportablegames.com before? They have a bunch of cheap GBA games that I am interested in but I'm a little nervous about buying something from there without hearing some feedback first.

I still get an occasional GBA game but I haven't gotten a GBA game over $10 in a while (except Warioware Twisted last year). I actually ended up selling a bunch of GBA games I had on EBay that I only bought because they were cheap and didn't play them that much (Xevious Classic NES for $2.99 new at EB is one example of that)

Picked up Duke Nukem Advance for $9 today, been looking for that for a while. It's pretty good, I love a lot of the GBA FPS games, especially the two doom ports and the Ecks vs Sever games.

I was expecting a port from the PC, but it seems to be an original game so far, which is a good thing too.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']The GBA seems to be bucking a trend the GBC and original Game Boy had - cheap games are abundant, especially on the used market. At one EB, I spotted several titles as $5.99 or less, while most of their GB/GBC carts were over that price. For example, Marble Madness/Klax is going for $4.99 at GameStop/EB, while the GBC version of Marble Madness is going for $9.99 there. [/QUOTE]

Just a warning the GBA version of Marble Madness sucks, but strangely enough it's an excellent version of Klax.

[quote name='cgarb84']Speaking of cheap GBA games, has anyone ever bought anything from www.buyportablegames.com before? They have a bunch of cheap GBA games that I am interested in but I'm a little nervous about buying something from there without hearing some feedback first.[/quote] I read a post by a CAG earlier today saying they were no good.

[quote name='jer7583']Picked up Duke Nukem Advance for $9 today, been looking for that for a while. It's pretty good, I love a lot of the GBA FPS games, especially the two doom ports and the Ecks vs Sever games.

I was expecting a port from the PC, but it seems to be an original game so far, which is a good thing too.[/quote]

how are the gba FPSs?? im a big FPS fan but i always thought a gba FPS wouldnt be as good as a regular FPS....

my local game crazy has a copy of Ecks vs Sever for like $10 or $15 (cant remember the price)... is it a good game? should i pick it up??

Ever since getting the gb micro on black friday i have been searching for more gba games. Even before getting my micro i was in the market for the nes classic super mario bros and i feel since the micro got really cheap the price has gone up even more for that particular cart. There have been quite a few good deals on gba stuff in the past recent months. I too look foward to final fantasy VI(3)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I still get an occasional GBA game but I haven't gotten a GBA game over $10 in a while (except Warioware Twisted last year). I actually ended up selling a bunch of GBA games I had on EBay that I only bought because they were cheap and didn't play them that much (Xevious Classic NES for $2.99 new at EB is one example of that)[/quote]

Is that how much Classic NES games are going for new at EB/GS and was it sticker priced at that price?
If, so I think it is time for me to pick up a few of the old games, even if they are unsealed!

Yesterday I picked up Blackthorne and Scurge:Hive both cart only for under $20 total. Today I picked up Baldurs Gate: DA for under $10.

I didnt even know there was a Baldurs Gate for the GBA. But after reading this thread a few days ago, I went thru the GBA section on IGN looking for some good games I might have missed.

Of course most of the good ones are hard to find. I doubt Im gonna run across Car Battler Joe, or Wade Hixtons Counterpunch.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Regarding Minish Cap-for whatever reason, I haven't liked any of the portable Zeldas since the original. [/quote]Minish was okay, but not great. DX was horrible. The ones I really liked were the Oracles.

However, I'd still like to find Minish on the cheap for my brothers.

I regret selling Car Battler Joe a while back, but I've been building up my collection more than usual lately. I just bought Gunstar Super Heroes and Drill Dozer today at TRU for 10 bucks a piece.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is that how much Classic NES games are going for new at EB/GS and was it sticker priced at that price?
If, so I think it is time for me to pick up a few of the old games, even if they are unsealed![/QUOTE]

It was tagged at that price, but it was a while ago so it's possible they raised the price since EB likes to mark stuff down for a few days only it seems. I don't remember seeing anything else at that price but if you are looking for them, check Sears and K-Mart. I think almost all of them are on clearance there (but I haven't seen any except Metroid in a while)

"Of course most of the good ones are hard to find. I doubt Im gonna run across Car Battler Joe, or Wade Hixtons Counterpunch."
I

"Of course most of the good ones are hard to find. I doubt Im gonna run across Car Battler Joe, or Wade Hixtons Counterpunch."
I just got Wade Hixtons counterpunch brand new in box at circuit city for $10 on Monday1/1/07.
Mickey

My eb games is still trying to sell the super mario advance series(supermario3 and supermarioworld) for 26 dollars used.

[quote name='anarchyburger']
my local game crazy has a copy of Ecks vs Sever for like $10 or $15 (cant remember the price)... is it a good game? should i pick it up??[/quote]

Ecks vs Sever should be a few dollars at an EB/GS. They are relatively interesting if you want to play something along the lines of Wolfenstein or Doom.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Picked up Sigma Star Saga today at EB for $8.99.[/quote]

Is it just me or does EB have a slightly cheaper prices than GS?
I mean, I know they are both owned by the same company, but last time I checked Sigma Star Saga was $9.99 new or maybe store prices can vary.

Also, do GBA games that are selling as new ever pricedrop like the used versions do?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is it just me or does EB have a slightly cheaper prices than GS?
I mean, I know they are both owned by the same company, but last time I checked Sigma Star Saga was $9.99 new or maybe store prices can vary.

Also, do GBA games that are selling as new ever pricedrop like the used versions do?[/QUOTE]

It was used.

[quote name='guinaevere']Minish was okay, but not great. DX was horrible. The ones I really liked were the Oracles.

However, I'd still like to find Minish on the cheap for my brothers.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I didn't like the Oracle ones either-so none of the Flagship/Capcom Zeldas. I really wanted to, but I just couldn't get into them.

I played through the first GB Zelda game twice (once in it's original release, then once for the color remake). It always bugs me because I can't remember how the game ends (was it all a dream? :D )

[quote name='anarchyburger']how are the gba FPSs?? im a big FPS fan but i always thought a gba FPS wouldnt be as good as a regular FPS....

my local game crazy has a copy of Ecks vs Sever for like $10 or $15 (cant remember the price)... is it a good game? should i pick it up??[/QUOTE]

The GBA runs a Doom class engine well. It has some good FPS as long as you realize you're getting that and not Half Life 2 or something. Actually the GBA's FPS have been as good or better as the ones on the DS so far IMO.

[quote name='hootie']Yep, it came out here in the US, back in 2001. It is a pretty rare game, so if you can get your hands on a copy, definitely go for it![/QUOTE]

I vaguely think I remember it, now that you mention it. I'd have no reason to own it though, as I'd just get a better PSP version.

Did it come out around the same time as Final Fight One? In retrospect, I kind of wish I hadn't sold that, as it's arguably the best version of Final Fight out there, what with it's handful of extras.

[quote name='jer7583']Picked up Duke Nukem Advance for $9 today, been looking for that for a while. It's pretty good, I love a lot of the GBA FPS games, especially the two doom ports and the Ecks vs Sever games.

I was expecting a port from the PC, but it seems to be an original game so far, which is a good thing too.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the following this weekend.

FF Tactics Advance, cart only for $12

Atlus' Super Army War new for $10. But by 'new' I mean EB/GS new, opened but complete.

Ygddra Union sealed $30 Paid full price for this but I LOVE srpg games, and I think this one may dissapear quick.

[quote name='Puffa469']Ygddra Union sealed $30 Paid full price for this but I LOVE srpg games, and I think this one may dissapear quick.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean, I paid $30 for Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. Games like that are hard to pass up because you never know if you'll be able to find it for a decent price again.

[quote name='redline']I know what you mean, I paid $30 for Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. Games like that are hard to pass up because you never know if you'll be able to find it for a decent price again.[/quote]

Yup. I dont have SRT:OG, I debated on it too long and now I dont see it anymore. I think Im gonna get 2 before thats gone cos I really want to play one of those games.

TA-DOW!

I just picked up Super Robot Taisen: OG for $17 cart only at my local GS.

Then I went over to the Nintendo World Store and got a sealed Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament for $20.

I cant wait to check out SRT on my way home. :D

[quote name='Puffa469']TA-DOW!

I just picked up Super Robot Taisen: OG for $17 cart only at my local GS.

Then I went over to the Nintendo World Store and got a sealed Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament for $20.

I cant wait to check out SRT on my way home. :D[/QUOTE]

Let us know how you like Klonoa 2. I loved the first GBA one but hated the second.

bread's done
Back