Cheap PS3 games at Amazon

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I saw the following on techbargains and thought I'd pass it along here in case anyone's interested. a couple of these might be reposts I think.

>>>>>>>>>
[FONT=&quot]amazon has low prices on a few Playstation 3 Games. Free Shipping on orders $24+. Tax in KS, KY, ND, WA.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sega Rally Revo (PS3) $24.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) $19.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Darkness (PS3) $19.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3) $25.99[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Conflict Denied: Ops (PS3) $29.99[/FONT]
Full Auto 2 (PS3) $19.99

Full Auto 2 is $19.99 as well...not sure if that's how is been for a while but I've been interested in that game so I looked it up.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']VF5 is $10 used at GameCrazy.[/QUOTE]

wow....I never go into gamecrazy (not sure why)
I'll have to stop by and pick that up....There giving it away!

[quote name='dkim064']Conflict Denied Ops will be a deal when it's $5. Otherwise, you're paying too much for it.[/quote]

That's still too much for it. Be nice, if they paid us to play that game. ^__^

[quote name='pelf21']wow....I never go into gamecrazy (not sure why)
I'll have to stop by and pick that up....There giving it away![/quote]

I never go into my gamecrazy either. I don't like the fact that everytime i want to look at a new game, i have to ask to see it from behind the counter, plus most of the used shit at mine seems to be previous rentals from hollywood video. I usually frequent my 2 gamestops instead.

Nice finds! I'm tempted by both Virtua Fighter 5 and The Darkness. Somewhat iffy on both just because I wouldn't mind online if they release a new version with it, and The Darkness because it might be too gross for me (I've never read The Darkness and don't know that I'd like it's theme).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nice finds! I'm tempted by both Virtua Fighter 5 and The Darkness. Somewhat iffy on both just because I wouldn't mind online if they release a new version with it, and The Darkness because it might be too gross for me (I've never read The Darkness and don't know that I'd like it's theme).[/quote]

VF5 on XB360 has online play.

The Darkness... I can tell you right now, even if it weren't gory, you wouldn't like The Darkness. I know I didn't. The comic, I mean. I still haven't played the game, and, personally, I don't plan to, just because the comic is so bad.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']VF5 on XB360 has online play.[/quote]

Yeah, but it also has a terrible d-pad and is crazy loud, so I'd never buy it for the 360.

The Darkness... I can tell you right now, even if it weren't gory, you wouldn't like The Darkness. I know I didn't. The comic, I mean. I still haven't played the game, and, personally, I don't plan to, just because the comic is so bad.

I was kind of afraid of that. I think I may rent the game at some point when I get a Playstation 3 (may be a while though considering how far behind I am on games!)

[quote name='Wolfpup']
I was kind of afraid of that. I think I may rent the game at some point when I get a Playstation 3 (may be a while though considering how far behind I am on games!)[/quote]

I loved the darkness. It was very gory, true. And I only played late at night when the wife and kids were safely in bed. It's made by the folks who made Chronicles of Riddick -- escape from butcher bay -- a title that is raved about on these boards.

The gameplay is pretty similar except you have the awesome darkness powers -- which grow through the game and by the end you are an unstoppable killing machine.

What are opinions on the darkness, reviews seem pretty decent, but it has dropped awfully fast. I liked the comic back when it started (probably only got the first dozen issues or so because that was near the end of my comic days).

Did they just print way too many copies or does the game get bad and repetitive after a good start (what I seem to hear about assassin's creed which has also dropped a lot).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Full Auto 2 is $19.99 as well...not sure if that's how is been for a while but I've been interested in that game so I looked it up.[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth the price of admission there.

[quote name='happy']What are opinions on the darkness, reviews seem pretty decent, but it has dropped awfully fast. I liked the comic back when it started (probably only got the first dozen issues or so because that was near the end of my comic days).

Did they just print way too many copies or does the game get bad and repetitive after a good start (what I seem to hear about assassin's creed which has also dropped a lot).[/quote]
well it came out last summer so it was due to be dropped. the single player is good and very much worth the price it's come down to. the multiplayer was an after thought. Don't hesitate to give it a shot, but once it's done though it's done.

It doesn't have legs like these online shooter do. That's what keep they're prices stable. Single player games don't have a tremendous amount of replay value so they have to drop to stay competitive with a flooded used games market.

[quote name='daminion']I loved the darkness. It was very gory, true. And I only played late at night when the wife and kids were safely in bed. It's made by the folks who made Chronicles of Riddick -- escape from butcher bay -- a title that is raved about on these boards.

The gameplay is pretty similar except you have the awesome darkness powers -- which grow through the game and by the end you are an unstoppable killing machine.[/QUOTE]

This is embarrasing but I still haven't played The Chronicles of Riddick. I bought it a few years ago (for PC) but haven't gotten to it yet-looking forward to it though!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']well it came out last summer so it was due to be dropped. the single player is good and very much worth the price it's come down to. the multiplayer was an after thought. Don't hesitate to give it a shot, but once it's done though it's done. [/quote]

Yeah, it's a year old now, so not exactly surprising the price has (finally) dropped!

[quote name='happy']What are opinions on the darkness, reviews seem pretty decent, but it has dropped awfully fast. I liked the comic back when it started (probably only got the first dozen issues or so because that was near the end of my comic days).

Did they just print way too many copies or does the game get bad and repetitive after a good start (what I seem to hear about assassin's creed which has also dropped a lot).[/QUOTE]
i personally loved the darkness. i think it is probably one of the most under-appreciated games of 2007 and is easily worth $20. the multiplayer probably was just an afterthought and it usually runs really poorly (at least on 360), but when it was actually running well, i thought it was quite enjoyable.

i didn't find it to be repetitive at all...it's a bit short, but it has some great environments and i really liked the darkness powers. the single player experience is definitely worth $20. i bought it for $60 during its first week and have absolutely no regrets. if you like engrossing first person shooters with dark themes and solid presentation, it's worth a shot.

Any recommendations for $5.01 in shipping-filler?
(I'm thinking about VF5; don't care about online, since it's my first VF game.)

bread's done
Back