Cheap PSP + PSPgo @ Cowboom (Best Buy)

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
EDIT: just saw the other thread, sorry. Can someone delete this?

Head over to Cowboom if you're looking for a PSP... these are all refurbed i believed. free shipping but you have to pay tax

PSP go (white or black) ... $152.98

Madden PSP .. $143.98

Assassins Creed PSP .. $131.98

Ratchet and Clank PSP .. $99.99

..and some core PSP's in the $115 range.

these go fast whenever they have them!

Cowboom is garbage and I would highly recommend staying away from their site. Recently my mom ordered a keyboard for herself on there and the checkout system was messed up. Long story short she ended up getting charged 3 times and she spent 3 weeks with their "support" getting it straightened out. Just to give you an idea of how bad their support is, at one point they told her she was going to get charged the full amount and that they would NOT be sending her a keyboard (is that not scamming and theft?)

Oh and then there was the email she got that said the keyboard was shipping after they told her they would absolutely not be sending her a keyboard (the email was actually an error).

In the end, they gave her a 10 dollar gift card for her trouble, which i had to laugh at.

Never had problems with Cowboom, Never had problems with their checkout..they got some awesome deals on their Deal of the Day.

ordered twice from them and both times were complete hell

i will never visit or order from that site ever again.

I need a new psp before Kingdom Hearts comes out, but my money is all over the place. Guess my current one will have to do.

I'd recommend staying as far away from cowboom as possible. The customer service is complete garbage as morphine said above.

I own a PSP, but wouldn't buy one at this point. Less and less new games being made for it. They just canceled The Force Unleashed II for PSP.

[quote name='Cindaddy']I own a PSP, but wouldn't buy one at this point. Less and less new games being made for it. They just canceled The Force Unleashed II for PSP.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't imagine many people lamenting the loss of FU II (heh), I think alot of folks have come to recognize the multi-plat port games aren't very special on the PSP. If you ask me there's no better time than now to pick one up... there's alot of great games from last year that have now gone GH, plus there's some promising stuff coming up: Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Parasite Eve, God of War, etc

as far as lack of games going forward, im not concerned. i knew going in that 99% of what im interested in are PSN games. also interested to see exactly what it can do paired with the ps3

[quote name='Jhuntley']I need a new psp before Kingdom Hearts comes out, but my money is all over the place. Guess my current one will have to do.[/QUOTE]

Which one do you have? Honestly I've liked all three, including the 1000. Only issues with the 1000 are the d-pad isn't as good (was probably the best there was on a portable...until the 2000 which is console quality). Plus I'm not sure how much not having the extra 32MB cache affects modern games. Wouldn't surprise me if Kingdom Hearts and Peace Walker use it somehow...if that's even possible. 1000 felt great in the hand though IMO.

well the order i placed yesterday afternoon shipped already.. so assuming the quality is good.. cowboom gets an A+ from me.. will update when it arrives and I get to put it through the paces.

for those who ordered psp bundles from them in the past, did they come with everything the bundle originally came with? memory cards, games, umds, etc?

[quote name='marvelguy68']Does anyone know if any of the models are the site are 2000's? Ive been looking for one, just curious. Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

i could be completely wrong but i think the Daxter bundle is.. the reviews for it are from 2008..

Yeah, I think you're right...I think that was my 2000, which was this ugly silver color. I didn't like Daxter, and I sold my 2000 for a 3000 because the color was ugly LOL

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Any more input on the quality of this site? I was considering pointing some friends there.[/QUOTE]

I think the general consensus is that if your order goes through 100% correctly the first time and you never have the need to deal with their customer service (two very big ifs if you look at reviews people have given the site) then it's probably an alright site. Its downfall is their terrible customer service that can turn a very small problem into a very big one (for example their customer service were the ones that suggested my mom place her order again because they saw no record on their end of the first order going through, when actually it did). She also told me the general tone of their cs reps was very rude.

I stick by my initial statement. Don't support this site. Give a little extra money to the companies that at least act like they care about their customers and have web programmers that know how to create a working storefront.

bread's done
Back