Check Mii Out Channel - Nov 11

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Huh? You keep your Mii, it doesnt go anywhere.[/quote]
True. I didn't realize that until I submitted my Mario Mii for the contest.

I submitted my Mario Mii and named it Itsa' Mii!

I needs votes!

*Edit*
Oh shit! It says without his cap...

What crap that you can only put initials for the Miis. Takes a lot of fun out of the less obvious jokes and whatnot. What they really need is a friend section, so I can look at all the Miis of all the people I took the time to exchange friend codes with.

I just downloaded this channel because I wanted to see what it was about and I must admit this channel is pretty awesome. I like how you can just download random mii's and stuff. Plus the contests sounds like a great idea, nice work Nintendo :applause:

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']An unbelievable amount of Micheal Jackson Mii's have been uploaded already.[/quote]

After the hatless Mario contest they should have a Hitler contest.
Lord knows there's enough Hitlers being uploaded.

I've only looked about 10 mins and saw at least 30.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']After the hatless Mario contest they should have a Hitler contest.
Lord knows there's enough Hitlers being uploaded.

I've only looked about 10 mins and saw at least 30.[/quote]

And Nintendo won't give us a headset for the wii (at least for time being). lolcopter. Kids can all view this Check Mii Out™ channel.

[quote name='CombatCraig']I wish there was a way to search for Mii's. I want all of the characters from the Office[/QUOTE]

QFT. I want the Bundy Family!!

I'm not a fan of the two letter naming scheme, because if I have no clue what it is by the look, the name's worthless to me. How are the ratings done? All I see is the "I like it" button, but not "fuck this mii" button to knock it down.

I'll probably upload a few. Should I be writing these numbers down or does it not matter?

Man, I have seen some really great Miis already. Some people are really creative with the colors and placement of the facial features. I have zero confidence of ever winning any of these contests.

As someone else said, I was surprised at the amount of Hitler Miis that have already been uploaded. I wonder if they'll be removed?

Ugh, the initial system is garbage.

Good to see I'm not the only one making Hunter S. Thompson Miis, though! I also uploaded Bruce Campbell, Joel from MST3K, Gandhi, Joey and Johnny Ramone, and John Lennon.

Also, Call Friends ROCKS. A huge gang of Charlie Browns is on my screen as I type this.

I uploaded the Cheapy Mii I have that's based on the CAG logo version of himself. The number is 3987-0869-7212. I should replicate the one Cheapy sent out of how he really looks and upload that one, too.

Edit: I've uploaded a few more, though I'll just put these under spoilers for space (to save time, search for one, then call friends, and you should get all of mine):

Ganondorf -
1398-9701-7562
G.W. Bush -
4934-4803-0285
Charlie Brown -
6634-2956-1812
Dick Cheney -
8582-0229-9619
Olimar (Pikmin) -
6328-3447-6847
Reggie -
8026-8648-1860
Donald Trump -
1548-3611-6102
Jack Thompson -
3278-7315-1588
Link -
7804-8054-0510
Zelda -
5893-9927-8050
Kim Jung Il -
0741-6943-0735
CheapyD (above) -
3987-0869-7212

So, after playing around with it, I'm not that impressed. It's like most of the channels they've given us... it's nice, but if you didn't have it you wouldn't be missing anything.

Also, whoever said that the Jack Black was creepily dead-on... dear god, man, you speak the truth. It's the only one I added to my Wii, that thing is great.

My dislike of the channel may stem from my earlier woes, however. I've got some Miis I'd like to upload (Eddie Izzard FTW), but since you can't upload Miis 'made by other people'.... grr.

Really, though, so many Hitlers. :lol:

[quote name='carthitup']Right, slightly less excited about this now.

I sent my Wii in for repairs, and they replaced it. So, since the Wii thinks none of my 35 Miis are 'mine', I can't access the channel. Guess I'll have to go create some. Bah.[/quote]
Yeah I have the same problem. Good job Nintendo. :roll:

[quote name='Rocko']This channel is getting rare, guys, better download it quick.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to page two of this thread, brought to you by me, who is called Strell, Bringer of Neonic Death.

Edit: Actually, I'm wrong. Welcome to page one. I'm just that on point.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Yeah I have the same problem. Good job Nintendo. :roll:[/quote]

I love how EVERYTHING else is fine, but they aren't 'yours'. All the stats are still with them, and when you make new Miis, all of your Creator names are still saved, but noooo, can't figure out a way to unlock them to a new console, huh? :roll:

It's a little bit of BS, isn't it?

[quote name='carthitup']I love how EVERYTHING else is fine, but they aren't 'yours'. All the stats are still with them, and when you make new Miis, all of your Creator names are still saved, but noooo, can't figure out a way to unlock them to a new console, huh? :roll:

It's a little bit of BS, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I have a solution for this in my FAQ.

If not, there is a way around it using your computer. At least, I'm about...80% sure there is.

Edit: Yep, I'm right once again:

Is there any way to edit my Miis on my computer?
Indeed, it appears that intrepid individuals have sought out to do this exact thing. If you have bluetooth setup on your PC, you can use Mii Mega-mall ( http://www.miimall.com ) and the Mii Editor (http://www.miieditor.com ) to transfer your Miis to your computer, edit them to match your new Wii (via MAC address), and send them back to the Wii as being editable. More information about that can be found in the Mii Editor FAQ.
Thank you Pale over at NWR for this information.
Shecky further adds: It probably makes the Bluetooth computer look like a Wii Remote. And you can send a Mii to a Wii Remote as part of the Mii channel. You can even pull Mii's off the remote.

I sent my Wii in for repair, and when I got it back, I cannot edit my Miis! Nintendo transferred them to what appears to be an entirely new Wii, and it’s telling me that I cannot edit a Mii I didn’t create! Why must you toy with me so, Nintendo?
Basically it’s like you no longer have rights to the Miis in question. Use the solution above. I realize that’s not the best answer in the world, but it’s either try that or live in your misery.

There's a Robocop Mii up there for Cheapy already. :lol:

I wish you could search for Miis by initials or look at the creator's stable of Miis.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Put up a Jack Black, Admiral Ackbar, and Ali G.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen about 20 of each. There is a cool feature that calls up all Mii characters that look like that Mii so I had 20 robocop variants looking at me. But yeah, the search feature blows. It's also kind of sad that their first Mii contest points out the programs flaw in that it doesn't have a wide hat selection.

Oh well, its free.

[quote name='Strell']I'm pretty sure I have a solution for this in my FAQ.

If not, there is a way around it using your computer. At least, I'm about...80% sure there is.

Edit: Yep, I'm right once again:[/quote]
You have, once again, proven yourself to be a god, good sir.

I never thought to search for a solution simply because it was inconceivable to me that there *could be* a solution. This, of course, makes me both happy and angry. Happy because I can fix it, and angry because if I can fix it... WHY IN THE HELL COULDN'T NINTENDO? Ahem.

I'm going to have to look into one of those Bluetooth dongle things.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Yeah, I've seen about 20 of each. There is a cool feature that calls up all Mii characters that look like that Mii so I had 20 robocop variants looking at me. But yeah, the search feature blows. It's also kind of sad that their first Mii contest points out the programs flaw in that it doesn't have a wide hat selection.

Oh well, its free.[/QUOTE]
But I've only put up one of each, so you've either seen 1 or none as far as ones that matter.

is there a way to get a list of all the miis you put, i really wasnt paying attention and didnt copy down all the numbers?

Charlie Brown 6894 0690 2406

I put up my young Obi-Wan Mii: 7740-2232-6088

I have no idea what this number is for and I must have missed a lot of features because I didn't see any of the stuff you guys are talking about (search, or pull up similar ones, or any of that stuff). All I saw was regional and worldwide settings, along with "Popular", "Top 50" and "Grab Bag".

I did get a few cool ones to download though - a Goomba, a Pac-Man eating a ghost (seems to be a lot of these - there must have been a tutorial for this on some web site :lol:), a Chao head, and Jar Jar. The Goomba is pretty sweet as they used the mustache to partially block the smiley face and turn it into fangs.

[quote name='lilboo']So what's the numbers for????[/quote]
To find that specific Mii.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']is there a way to get a list of all the miis you put, i really wasnt paying attention and didnt copy down all the numbers?

Charlie Brown 6894 0690 2406[/quote]
Yeah. Search for the one Mii you have a number for, then click on it, go to "Call Friends," and it should bring up all of your Miis.

I had to do that for the same reason, so here are mine for those interested:

Ganondorf -
1398-9701-7562
G.W. Bush -
4934-4803-0285
Charlie Brown -
6634-2956-1812
Dick Cheney -
8582-0229-9619
Olimar (Pikmin) -
6328-3447-6847
Reggie -
8026-8648-1860
Donald Trump -
1548-3611-6102
Jack Thompson -
3278-7315-1588
Link -
7804-8054-0510
Zelda -
5893-9927-8050
Kim Jung Il -
0741-6943-0735
CheapyD (cartoon av) -
3987-0869-7212

If you forget your Mii's number..just go to "Post" ..select your Mii..and it'll tell you you already posted it..and give you the number!

Anyway, how do you search by number?
Go vote my Janet Garrison high please!! 3747-3824-2049

[quote name='lilboo']If you forget your Mii's number..just go to "Post" ..select your Mii..and it'll tell you you already posted it..and give you the number!

Anyway, how do you search by number?
Go vote my Janet Garrison high please!! 3747-3824-2049[/quote]
Click the icon in the top right of the screen when looking at the search page (which is at the bottom of category listing).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Click the icon in the top left of the screen when looking at the search page (which is at the bottom of category listing).[/QUOTE]

:applause: found it, thanks!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']To find that specific Mii.

Yeah. Search for the one Mii you have a number for, then click on it, go to "Call Friends," and it should bring up all of your Miis.

I had to do that for the same reason, so here are mine for those interested:

Ganondorf -
1398-9701-7562
G.W. Bush -
4934-4803-0285
Charlie Brown -
6634-2956-1812
Dick Cheney -
8582-0229-9619
Olimar (Pikmin) -
6328-3447-6847
Reggie -
8026-8648-1860
Donald Trump -
1548-3611-6102
Jack Thompson -
3278-7315-1588
Link -
7804-8054-0510
Zelda -
5893-9927-8050
Kim Jung Il -
0741-6943-0735
CheapyD (cartoon av) -
3987-0869-7212
[/QUOTE]

thanx

John Lennon 5717 8446 3836
Abe Lincoln 5461 8401 6770
Dracula 6689 7670 4724
Alien 8964 6106 6745
The Devil 9135 9245 3964
V for Vendetta 8724 7593 3104
George H.W. Bush 0903 9240 8733
Einstein 5913 0529 1237
Charlie Brown 6894 0690 2406

Damn, the music is so addicting. I've already been playing in the channel for an hour and a half. :D

Some of my crappy anime Miis for anyone interested:
Lucky Star
Konata: 0516-5508-5338
Kagamin: 8155-1915-1019
Tsukasa: 6477-4904-2530

Also, some Nagasarete Airantou ones while I'm at it:

Suzu: 0517-7702-8888
Chikage: 9872-4284-5649
Ayane: 7658-6327-2767
Machi-nee: 8274-6084-5163

It's pretty cool. A fun diversion, pretty much exactly what I expected. I am amazed at some of the Miis people have made -- I look at them and have no idea how I could replicate it.

Some complaints:
  1. You only can see initials, not full names. I imagine this was to prevent lawsuits, but it's pretty annoying.
  2. You can only have one Mii artisan per Wii. Somebody else in your family wants to submit? NO SOUP FOR THEM! They have to do it under your name.
  3. There's no function to easily see all the Miis you have submitted. Workaround: pick one of your more unique Miis, and look at their friends.

[quote name='MisterHand']It's pretty cool. A fun diversion, pretty much exactly what I expected. I am amazed at some of the Miis people have made -- I look at them and have no idea how I could replicate it.

Some complaints:
  1. You only can see initials, not full names. I imagine this was to prevent lawsuits, but it's pretty annoying.
  2. You can only have one Mii artisan per Wii. Somebody else in your family wants to submit? NO SOUP FOR THEM! They have to do it under your name.
  3. There's no function to easily see all the Miis you have submitted. Workaround: pick one of your more unique Miis, and look at their friends.
[/QUOTE]

You can change th Mii Artisan so someone else can do it.

After my inital dislike of the channel, it's grown on me. I like being able to download Miis and saving myself the trouble of making them.

However, it's terribly disheartening when you see a REALLY GREAT Mii and then click 'call friends'... only to find out that there's 45 more exactly like it. Mass-produced Miis make me sad. :lol:

Plus, and this is exactly what I thought would happen... for the mass-produced ones, whose gets noticed? The guy who uploaded all of them the quickest, which it looks to be 'Ninja'.

Oh well, hopefully I can put mine up eventually. :cry:

My wife and I played with this last night. Found an amazingly good Miss Piggy that I downloaded.

I am officially calling a moratorium on:

- Michael Jackson
- Jesus Christ
- Adolf Hitler
- Chuck Norris
- Walter Sobchak
- Kenny

It made me sad to see them again and again and again in endless permutations. Are these our cultural touchstones? Really?

I downloaded the cutest little Hitler today.

I'm pretty sure that's the first time in history that sentence has been spoken. Or in this case, typed.

good miis I've Found

Dwight from Office 1905-3856-9378
Stan Lee 0176-0159-0581
Jack Black 6647-2532-1059
Ali G 4545-6148-2749
Zelda 9822-7687-6870
weird al 8554-2986-7106
Tommy Chong 9015-3661-3641

Its called wii contest channel in europe, and let me tell you, it has the worst logo ever. its butt ugly. but not as ugly as hitler. The might as well rename the channel Check Hitler Out

[quote name='carthitup']However, it's terribly disheartening when you see a REALLY GREAT Mii and then click 'call friends'... only to find out that there's 45 more exactly like it. Mass-produced Miis make me sad. :lol:[/quote]
I actually found this to be quite useful.

For example, when searching the Grab Bag, I found a kind of sloppily made Stormtrooper. I was able to use "call friends", and was presented with a full page of Stormtroopers, each one a little different than the other. It was then easy to pick the best one to download.

I think the "call friends" feature just does a search that finds Miis with similar names. Even though you assign the Mii initials when you upload it, I'm sure that the original information is preserved for that purpose.

Oh... yeah, I've used it for that purpose. It's also helpful for figuring out what exactly a certain Mii is even supposed to be. So, yeah, for poorly made ones, it's a godsend. Plus, entertaining to see various takes on something.

It's just for those mass-produced ones that it bugs me... I did a 'call friend' on the Jack Black and literally half of them were EXACTLY the same.

bread's done
Back