Check Mii Out Channel - Nov 11

fuck YES - my Wife just called and said that the Wii is back at the house. That means I'm (A) hooking it up, (B) getting the channel, and (C) UPLOADING GIRLCRUMBS.

Man, what a good week this is going to be. I'm swamped with shit.

[quote name='carthitup']It's just for those mass-produced ones that it bugs me... I did a 'call friend' on the Jack Black and literally half of them were EXACTLY the same.[/QUOTE]It would be nice if they filtered out exact duplicates.

It'll be interesting to see how the weekly contest shakes out. Hopefully the various choices we can vote for are somewhat granulated.

Error: 204038

I keep getting this when I try to dl the channel. My troubleshoot doesnt say what this means. Anyone offer any help or suggestions?

yeah, i remember making a bunch of mii's right after opening up my wii. seeing all these new ones is making me want to try my hand at a few more lookalikes...

Did everyone who allowed messages to be sent..get the message about a new contest?
"Pilgrim from the first Thanksgiving" LOL

my new contest was different. I live in europe, and the contest was to design a hip-hop legend. we dont celebrate thanksgiving over here

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the contests are as lame as the Wii Vote Channel questions. What the fuck, Nintendo? When will you realize that most Wii owners aren't six year olds? *sigh*

Ok, I decided to go ahead and put a few of mine up... if anyone wants to take a look, curious if people can tell who they're supposed to be...

7859-5129-7248 is
Freddie Mercury
1857-0814-6326 is
Elton John

[quote name='tankexmortis']I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the contests are as lame as the Wii Vote Channel questions. What the fuck, Nintendo? When will you realize that most Wii owners aren't six year olds? *sigh*[/QUOTE]Seems like a silly thing to get worked up about. Not sure what you were expecting for a Thanksgiving-themed contest.

Judging has begun on the Mario Miis. It's a pretty good system. You're presented with 10 random Miis and you pick the three best. If you aren't completely satisfied, you can get another set and carry over the ones you've voted on before.

With the Mario contest finished, how did everyone do? My Mario finished at level 8, and the three I voted for all ended up at level 9. Visually, it looked like they (level 9) were right under the 1st place Mario, but I'm not sure if they were in the top 50 parade. So many Marios, they looked a lot alike, so it was hard to tell them apart.

I really like the "souvenir" photo option. It's pretty neat, and some of the Mii poses are a little... odd. My Mario looked like he should have been laying on a bear-skin rug instead of a little planet.

I didn't submit a Mario, but the ones I voted for ended up at level 9.

Then, I'll also admit I have no idea what that means.

It's an interesting enough channel, but after having it for a week or two now, I can't say I'll use it very often. It'll be an amusing distraction to show friends, but I have no personal use for it.

So, really, it'll end up being like most of the other channels I've downloaded.

My Mario was level 8. My Pilgrim was level 9. I have no idea what that means exactly, except that level 9 is higher than level 8.

My Mario was level 7 but my pilgrim (which was female), was level 3! Discrimination!

I like this channel because my wife and I make the Miis together and vote together. It is a pretty limited system, but fun enough that we'll check it out a couple days a week - kind of like Everyone Votes.

My Pilgrim was level 7.

I guess my question would be... would it be wrong to assume that only the top 50 entries are level 10? I'm just trying to figure out the breakdown.

Here was my general issue with the Pilgrim contest... everybody was in awe of the 'hat'. Literally, to be in the top 50, that seemed to be the requirement. The face could've been awful, and had nothing to do with being a pilgrim, but if it had a hat, it got votes. I have to imagine that'll be what it's like for each contest. They'll be some sort of defining characteristic that's 'outside of the box', and that's what people will vote for.

I'm not really complaining, since I don't particularly care, but just some observations.

I wasn't impressed with the pilgrims that had the hat. They looked okay from a distance and facing forward...but if they walked around at all or if you zoomed in the illusion was completely gone. I won't vote for anything like that.

Exactly. Like I said, it's about gimmicks.

I appreciate the 'Mii art' of it all, but unless something looks good 360 degrees, it's useless to me. I enjoy those fantastic Miss Piggy Miis that are floating around... but once she turns to the side, and there isn't a can sticking out for the nose, I lose all interest in even having the Mii.

It's nice to look at, but I agree with you... my votes go to ones that are creative AND practical.

Major weaksauce. Pretty much all of the top 50 Tooth fairies looked exactly the same. With the zelda braids and some sort of feelers on their heads.

Is there some sort of site that says "OMG VOTE FOR THIS STYLE"?

Is there a thread for this already? If so please link me to it and I'll close this up - I searched the first couple pages of this forum for 'Check Mii Out'. Anyway...

I love the Check Mii Out channel. Is there a way to search by Mii name or can you only look at the top 10 pages of popular Miis in the US/Worldwide?

Now that I'm looking at itm you really can't search for anything specific. You can set certain options that search "Males" with the skills of "Music". You can change those around, but that doesn't really help.

The only thing you can do, is if you know someone who made a Mii AND has posted it there, you can search by their number, which you have to ask them for :lol:

Look, here is my RuPaul
7263-2829-5552

To look this up, go to the Posting Plaza. Click on the "Popular" at the bottom. Underneath "Favorites" you'll see a magnifying glass. That's Search. At the top of THAT, there's a arrow circle thing, click that and it'll change to entry number. Type in that number and that's pretty much how you can search for specific Miis.

Annoying, I know :lol:

Thanks for the info.

Any sites that have pictuers and numbers for Miis you can search? If not somebody should start one. :D

For example I was browsing this at my dad's and there was a kickass Morgan Freeman but when I got home he wasn't in the top 10 pages any longer. (Or else I was looking Worldwide at my dad's and just US at my house, not sure.)

QUESTION: In the disclaimer for contests on the Check Mii Out channel, the last condition says, "You will be unable to retrieve your Mii." Does this mean that the Mii disappears from your Mii Plaza upon submission to a contest? I would assume not, but their language makes me think that's the case.

Anyone?

[quote name='El Gray']QUESTION: In the disclaimer for contests on the Check Mii Out channel, the last condition says, "You will be unable to retrieve your Mii." Does this mean that the Mii disappears from your Mii Plaza upon submission to a contest? I would assume not, but their language makes me think that's the case.

Anyone?[/quote]Nope still there, I have submitted the same Mii twice for a contest and it is still there.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Nope still there, I have submitted the same Mii twice for a contest and it is still there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

bread's done
Back