Chris Benoit's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='massermind19']there's a postshow going on right now on WWE.com[/QUOTE]
I caught the interview with Cena. I think his biggest problem is transparency. It's too painfully obvious that he's not hip-hop, he's not street, and that he's a Little Lord Upper Middle Class Fauntleroy from suburban Massachusetts. There's nothing "real" about him, and he's just laughable.

This is, of course, ignoring what a miserable wrestler he is (something that, given the popularity of many wrestlers over history, isn't a big deal when it comes to main eventers). Cena's just not believable in the slightest.

Look at it this way: people made fun of "Snow" and "Vanilla Ice" for a reason, and it had little to do with their race. It was because they were transparent whores who were willing to do anything and everything to be and remain popular and adored, but in the end, nobody wants to be a fan of a jackass who lacks sincerity but possesses a giant checkbook.

Cena is that same whore. If they told him that he was to change his gimmick to become "Barnacle Bill," he'd rush out to buy a sailor's cap, peacoat and turtleneck sweater. Why? Because he's a fucking whore, that's why. That's also why nobody likes him.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']HOLY SHIT!!! I'm going to that for sure. I graduate this May, I'll be back home in the metro-Detroit area, I'll actually have money now, when do the tickets go on sale?[/quote]

They said that this years sold out in 2 minuyes about 6 months ago... so you've still got a while.

Saw this in a packed theater in MI...and the crowed erupted when they showed that promo.

This WM was MUCH better than the last one I saw (WM20)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']They said that this years sold out in 2 minuyes about 6 months ago... so you've still got a while.

Saw this in a packed theater in MI...and the crowed erupted when they showed that promo.

This WM was MUCH better than the last one I saw (WM20)[/quote]

Awesome avatar brother, easily my all time favorite double-disc and one of my favorite cds ever.

[quote name='mykevermin']I caught the interview with Cena. I think his biggest problem is transparency. It's too painfully obvious that he's not hip-hop, he's not street, and that he's a Little Lord Upper Middle Class Fauntleroy from suburban Massachusetts. There's nothing "real" about him, and he's just laughable.

This is, of course, ignoring what a miserable wrestler he is (something that, given the popularity of many wrestlers over history, isn't a big deal when it comes to main eventers). Cena's just not believable in the slightest.

Look at it this way: people made fun of "Snow" and "Vanilla Ice" for a reason, and it had little to do with their race. It was because they were transparent whores who were willing to do anything and everything to be and remain popular and adored, but in the end, nobody wants to be a fan of a jackass who lacks sincerity but possesses a giant checkbook.

Cena is that same whore. If they told him that he was to change his gimmick to become "Barnacle Bill," he'd rush out to buy a sailor's cap, peacoat and turtleneck sweater. Why? Because he's a fucking whore, that's why. That's also why nobody likes him.[/quote]

All I'll say about that is that a lot of people in hip-hop who always talk about keeping it "real" are the most fake ass people on the planet. Cena's main problem was trying to legitimize his character with an album. I think after he released it people took his hip-hop character more seriously than they should have. It would have probably worked if he had an album before the character switch.

When you said turtleneck sweater you reminded me of the WWE getting Chavo to change to Kerwin White. :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That was the music vid from his first single. It's actually kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I didn't know if it was before or during WWE, I guess it was during. I thought I found some kind of hidden John Cena video :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']I caught the interview with Cena. I think his biggest problem is transparency. It's too painfully obvious that he's not hip-hop, he's not street, and that he's a Little Lord Upper Middle Class Fauntleroy from suburban Massachusetts. There's nothing "real" about him, and he's just laughable.

Cena is that same whore. If they told him that he was to change his gimmick to become "Barnacle Bill," he'd rush out to buy a sailor's cap, peacoat and turtleneck sweater. Why? Because he's a fucking whore, that's why. That's also why nobody likes him.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate cena and I don't love him either. He IMO will be one of those people that wrestle for 5-10 years then disappears forever. He's not a great wrestler just a decent solid wrestler with a good look/physique.

I understand what you are saying. but Its like the people who boo him or hate him seem to forget that he's playing a character. His cd was to further his character and make more money. If he was serious about music he would be like Jericho. But my rebuttal to your post is why don't people boo the Boogeyman for not being the Boogeyman, or boo undertaker for not being dead. It doesn't make sense the people boo Cena because he is not what he portrays. Also Eminem has millions of fans he is not that much different then Cena.

My point to all of this is that I can't understand why people boo Cena. I don't understand it because normally wrestling (the promoter) tells you to love and hate. Right now the promoter whats you to cheer Cena but yet the people boo, this puts me into cultural shock. You don't hate the good guy and love the bad guy. Like I said before I just want to know why the people boo cena for playing a character. Also why did they boo Rey.

[quote name='Graystone']
My point to all of this is that I can't understand why people boo Cena. I don't understand it because normally wrestling (the promoter) tells you to love and hate. Right now the promoter whats you to cheer Cena but yet the people boo, this puts me into cultural shock. You don't hate the good guy and love the bad guy. Like I said before I just want to know why the people boo cena for playing a character. Also why did they boo Rey.[/QUOTE]

They booed Cena because he's being shoved down the fans throats constantly, I believe, and his whole gimmick is just stupid and has really overstayed its welcome.

I think they booed Rey because he only got over because of Eddie's death, but he'll just be a transitional champion for Batista or Orton anyways.

Triple H and Shawn both doing a DX chop.. interestingly enough, at the press conference, you could see them breaking character - or so we thought - and talking to each other.

That would be awesome if DX came back.

Thanks for that video, Guyver. It was great seeing DiBiase. Rhodes is packing on the pounds..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back