Chuck! - Mondays on NBC

[quote name='VipFREAK']I picked up Subway, but there was no adds or anything about Chuck...[/quote]

u were supposed to fill out a customer card thing and say ur supporting chuck
just got back from picking up a sub :D

i hope this isnt a series finale and ive been spamming the campaign everywhere i post at :lol:

Oh... oh well. Back of a Customer card? Doesn't sound like that would do squat much less reach anyone that deals with Chuck.

The Foot long was good.

[quote name='VipFREAK']1. Sorry I hit a fragile Reaper fan nerve and you confusing it as a person attack, but callin it as I see it.

2. Hmm... wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything.

3. You gay? Sarcasm obviously

4. What show is canceled again?

5. Jake 2.0 was a fail even before it started because it was on UPN.

6. Jake 2.0 guy and Chuck guy are not the same person. Sorry try again.[/quote]

In other words you have nothing but lame insults to hurl at the Reaper show, nothing substantial to suggest that Chuck is in fact superior or at least on par.

Take point 6, your lame attempt to say Reaper is a rip off of Dead Like Me is comparable to me saying Chuck is a rip off of Jake 2.0, utterly ridiculous. If Reaper is comparable to anything it would be Brimstone, which it is also not a rip off of.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']damn, I didn't know this show was in the red zone. I always thought it was doing well with their ratings; but I guess the show does get redundant with their usual antics. I suggest the writers do something risky and change their formula a little; like apart from Chuck having the intersect, he'd also gain "talents", like martial arts or whatever. Kinda like how Neo (from the Matrix) learned Kung-fu instantly. And maybe change it up weekly. I don't know I'm just throwing ideas around.[/quote]

I called it!

I lol'd when they actually did it :lol:.

[quote name='cdeener']I officially hate the way this will be going if they have another season. The season finale just made the majority of the cast of no importance in the future of the show. If you watch the last 10 minutes you will understand what I mean.

The show is going toward the Matrix since the newest intersect is more powerful then one he had before. So those who said it need to go more that way it just did.
[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I'm not liking that direction. Hopefully it is only temporary.

[quote name='Josef']My thoughts exactly. I'm not liking that direction. Hopefully it is only temporary.[/quote]

i trust the writers will make it work and and here's an interview with chris fedak talking about the finale and in particular the ending
http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/04/chuck-chris-fedak-vs-finale.html

btw im more worried about how or if they're going to incorporate the buy more crew cuz chuck wouldnt be the same without jeffster big mike and emett
also curious to see how they handle morgan and anna being in hawaii

[quote name='Dakinggamer']I loved the finale and hope we get a season 3.. same with Heroes..[/quote]

Aren't both of these shows somewhat expensive though to make? I know Heroes is.. and the ratings for that have been abyssmal compared to previous seasons.

I like Chuck, but I don't think its gonna make it to a third season. I hope it does, but I just dont see it happening :(

[quote name='karasu-tengu']blah blah

Take point 6, your lame attempt to say Reaper is a rip off of Dead Like Me is comparable to me saying Chuck is a rip off of Jake 2.0, utterly ridiculous.

blah blah[/quote]

They aren't the same actor... :roll:

Oh god, that finale was chock full of facepalm action. I feel kind of dirty.

I enjoyed the series more or less as background noise I could watch while I posted around here, did work etc. and if they renew I'll probably still watch it but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

"oh chuck me"

they seriously need a season 3.

"we are spies," this line reminds me of Burn Notice..."spies, bunch of sissy little girls."

I actually predicted that the Intersect would give Chuck some martial arts skills. But I was hoping that because of it, he would go berserk.

Great, there better be a third season!

Well they still need Casey and Sarah as they're the real spies. Chuck still isn't a real spy. And I'm hoping for season three as well. Monday nights are my fave.

new interview regarding the twist and a 3rd season+jeffster!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Chuck-interview-Schwartz-1005538.aspx?rss=news

TVGuide.com: These new flashes that give Chuck an ability, how long will each one last? Like, could he "forget" kung fu in the middle of a fight?
Schwartz: What I will say is that people who are concerned that these new powers will somehow change the tone of the show or of our guy, don't be. There is a plan in place, and the tone of the show and Chuck's underdog quality will remain intact.

TVGuide.com: Does it end as good as this one?
Schwartz: Yeah, we're really excited about it. And one thing I will promise for next year is that, come hell or high water, Jeffster shall return!

[quote name='VipFREAK']They aren't the same actor... :roll:[/quote]

I never suggested they were. You made a lame statement that Reaper was a rip off of another show, I sarcastically said that chuck is a rip off of Jake 2.0(mocking your goofy butt), and you want to be an airhead talking about them not being the same actor. No shit.

They are also not the same show. Wow. They also have different producers, different directors, different stories/plots, different sets, etc., etc., OMG they are nothing alike, who knew? Not you apparently. The two shows are so different, pick any two(Reaper/Dead Like Me or Chuck/Jake 2.0), that it is extremely lame of anyone to say they rip each other off. At least a show like Reaper isn't as saturated a genre as the spy shows, like Chuck, are.

Oh well, I happen to like both Chuck and Reaper. And I've found a petition for Reaper, so I may get around to voting for Chuck after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're going off Moonlight's (Which I did like...) fate I don't think Chuck has anything to worry about. I could tell Moonlight didn't have much of a following nor was it going to go far. This show on the other hand seems to have a following and is liked. The main stream I think knows about it, but the problem is they'd rather watch some other crap like Ugly Betty...

DLM and Reaper are nothing alike, not even close. Jake 2.0 and Chuck at least have the same basic ideas. Jake 2.0 had a better actor, but he didn't fit the role.

Anyways i think NBC will keep all their shows for at least another 13 episodes, besides 1-2 of their 30 minute comedies.

Thanks for the heads up. My friend hypes the shit out of this show, but does not have the DVDs and I have recently become interested in watching the show. Now I can!

[quote name='EW.com']It's official: NBC renews Chuck (but there's a catch)
strahovski-ep109-13.jpg

Never underestimate the power of a $5 footlong. NBC has finalized a deal to bring Chuck back for a third season, multiple sources confirm. That's the good news. Here's the bad news, the 13-episode pickup came after Warner Bros. agreed to make significant budget concessions, including scaling back the number of episodes several members of the show's stellar supporting cast will appear in and, per one insider, possibly eliminating one actor altogether (R.I.P. Anna Wu?). The show is also expected to cut two of its staff writers.[/QUOTE].

finally renewal!...budget cuts suck though =(
also everyone start watching chuck and you'll see why the fan campaign was so successful!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Yipes, cutting a whole character? I wonder who they'll choose.[/QUOTE]

Real simple, they actually can take out two birds with one stone by taking off Morgan & his girlfriend since they left anyways to go to Hawaii.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17966431&postcount=1
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/09/exclusive-nbc-may-move-up-chuck-launch/

I can also confirm from the crew themselves that if NBC cancels shows early (I'm looking at you, Trauma) then Chuck will be moved up and the back 9 episodes ordered for a 22-ep season.
It’s good news (for me), bad news (for NBC): Since its numbers are down and its new and returning shows are mainly DOA (Southland was axed before new episodes even aired!), Chuck’s third season might get to premiere sooner than the March date that’s been bandied about thus far.

“How much sooner” you ask?

As early as late October, my moles tell me. And while it remains unclear whether the little show that could (and has and shall again) would return to its Monday timeslot or find itself a new perch, NBC insiders who’ve seen the first four episodes are calling this season the best yet.

But wait, there’s more. If Chuck does come back sooner rather than later, the chances of NBC ordering additional episodes beyond the 13 it initially commissioned increases dramatically. And they increase further if it performs solidly… which for NBC, at this point, means my cat, Mr. Scooch, sits down to watch with me. (Seriously, anything above a 2 rating in the 18-49 demo should do the trick.)

Are we happy, people? Dumb question. Allow me to rephrase: How happy are we? Weigh in below!

2wbsun5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pacifickarma']Yvonne is hot, but am I the only guy who preferred Rachel Bilson?[/QUOTE]

Rachel Bilson is the hottest girl on TV right now, IMO.

What show is she on right now... IMDB doesn't show any. She's ok. I'm quite surprised everyone is drooling over her instead of Megan Fox aka miss overrated 2.

bread's done
Back