Circuit City April clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Note from Io: As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm injury-free enough (long story) to finally be able to get the new clearance list and post it. It looks like CC is trying to clear some space and I'm sure they'll get plenty of help here.

:ps2:
ATV Offroad Fury 3 $12.96
Avatar: The Last Airbender-The Burning Earth $16.96
The Bigs $12.96
Bratz Diamondz $12.96
Bratz: The Movie $12.96
Capcom Classics Collection vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars $16.96
Dawn of Mana $16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer $12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
The Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass $16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects $12.96
MLB 07: The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Odin Sphere $16.96
Open Season $12.96
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves $12.96
Spyro: A New Beginning $16.96
Spyro: The Eternal Night $16.96
Surf's Up $12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $12.96
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 06 $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty: Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans! 2 $8.96
FIFA Soccer 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike $8.96
Madden NFL 07 $8.96
NCAA Football 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: Carbon $8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted collector's edition $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars: Battlefront $8.96
Star Wars: Battlefront II $8.96
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 $8.96

:gc:
1080 Avalanche $8.96
Animal Crossing $8.96
Bratz Diamondz $8.96
Madden NFL 07 $8.96
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball $8.96
Meet the Robinsons $8.96
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $8.96
Naruto: Clash of Ninja $8.96
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 $8.96
Need for Speed: Carbon $8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $8.96
Need for Speed Underground $8.96
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $8.96
Over the Hedge $8.96
Paper Mario $8.96
Pokemon XD $8.96
Rampage: Total Destruction $8.96
Ratatouille $8.96
Shadow the Hedgehog $8.96
The Sims: Pets 2 $8.96
Sonic Heroes $8.96
Sonic Riders $8.96
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab $8.96
Starfox Assault $8.96
Super Mario Strikers $8.96
Super Mario Sunshine $8.96

:ds:
Boogie $8.96
Clubhouse Games $16.96
Golden Compass $8.96
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 $16.96
Metroid Prime: Hunters $16.96
Nintendo DS browser $16.96
Pogo Island $16.96
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab $16.96
Starfox Command $16.96

:psp:
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Test Drive Unlimited $16.96

:gba:
Finding Nemo/The Incredibles dual pack $8.96
Happy Feet $8.96
Petz Vet $16.96
Shrek 3 $16.96
Spider-Man 3 $16.96

March
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173869

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

[quote name='fatez']they dont mark down the prices with a new label... you just have to go to check out or have someone scan the price for you. they should all be marked down on the system. :)[/quote]

Some stores do. The Wayne, NJ store usually has a number of clearance bins, and most of the games in them are relabeled with their clearance price.

[quote name='fatez']they dont mark down the prices with a new label... you just have to go to check out or have someone scan the price for you. they should all be marked down on the system. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm aware of that..... just stating it for anybody who might venture to the Denton store. Much better for us CAGs when the full price tag is still on the games anyway.

[quote name='consolecrusader']Question : I snagged 2 Odin Spheres last week they had no more in their stock according to their computer, does this mean they won't have anymore period? Or should I go in this AM and check wasap[/quote]

Once they're gone, they're gone. Sometimes we get the games again and they're put under the "Cool Deals" price i.e. Condemned on 360 or that POS 50 Cent game.

I swear that 50 cent game went on clearance at least twice since I've worked there and now it's back at like $19.99 and we have 25 copies for Xbox...

got a couple games price adjusted, but the girl wouldn't scan my gamer's gift card. she said it wouldn't double, but she didn't even try. i bought a clearance game at another circuit city a few minutes before, and my discount applied. oh well, i'd rather save 33%, than the 10% i originally saved, although, i'd rather save 10% on top of 33% like i'm supposed to be able to. anyone looking for any of the gamecube clearance games at concord mills or university, don't even bother. i was surprised to see how tapped they were, and i know i saw those games there last week. i didn't know the clearance list had been posted earlier. my loss though.

I knew I was waiting on that copy of Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) for a reason! Just picked it up for $11.36.

Also picked up Taito Legends 1 + 2 (PS2).

All three games for $27. Pretty damn good.

I need to make a full list of clearance games I'm interested in and go back, since they are all just mixed in the normal stuff marked at full price. Awesome.

I need to see if mine as any Odins left.

On a side note, are there no PS3/360 games for clearance in Apri1, or is it incomplete atm?

[quote name='lukewin']got a couple games price adjusted, but the girl wouldn't scan my gamer's gift card. she said it wouldn't double, but she didn't even try. i bought a clearance game at another circuit city a few minutes before, and my discount applied. oh well, i'd rather save 33%, than the 10% i originally saved, although, i'd rather save 10% on top of 33% like i'm supposed to be able to. anyone looking for any of the gamecube clearance games at concord mills or university, don't even bother. i was surprised to see how tapped they were, and i know i saw those games there last week. i didn't know the clearance list had been posted earlier. my loss though.[/quote]

I think it does stack. The girl told me I shoud buy the gamers card because I was buying so many clearance games.

[quote name='lukewin']got a couple games price adjusted, but the girl wouldn't scan my gamer's gift card. she said it wouldn't double, but she didn't even try. i bought a clearance game at another circuit city a few minutes before, and my discount applied. oh well, i'd rather save 33%, than the 10% i originally saved, although, i'd rather save 10% on top of 33% like i'm supposed to be able to. anyone looking for any of the gamecube clearance games at concord mills or university, don't even bother. i was surprised to see how tapped they were, and i know i saw those games there last week. i didn't know the clearance list had been posted earlier. my loss though.[/quote]

You should've told her the other CC did it and "just scan it; if it doesn't stack the computer won't let it anyway". CC is one of the most automated retail chains, which is why their staff is generally not knowledgeable about their products.

It does stack. I work there and they recently gave us free memberships for the Savings Club. I tried it last week when we had a Cool Deals going(10% or 15% off Cool deals) and I tried my card on Tron 2.0 for GBA...came up as $6.74 down from 9.99 so it had to have stacked.

No Odin Sphere, Dawn of Mana, Metroid Prime Hunter, Clubhouse games for me :cry:

A nearby CC just relocated to a new building and it seemed it got brand new shipment of merchandise from their warehouse, instead of hauling the existing stock from the old building to the new building. That means whatever gold mine they had were lost :cry:

I hit another CC and nothing much as well. They did have Perfect Dark Zero LE and Ultimate Alliance Xbox 360 for $11.36 each.

[quote name='thisjustanother']whats this fixation on odin sphere. why is everyone talking so much about it. sorry if this isnt about this posted deal. just been seeing a lot of posts about this game and havnt figured out why.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it's a really good game? I own all the next (current?) gen systems and played all the acclaimed titles, and Odin Sphere was still one of the best five games released last year, IMO... it gets bashed for being repetitive (and it is) and for having severe slowdown (which it definitely has at times), but it's also got simply beautiful 2d graphics (that upscale nicely on my 60gb PS3), a great soundtrack, wonderful voice acting, enjoyable gameplay, and a nifty story (you'll play through a certain period of time from essentially five different viewpoints, and those stories are each woven in such a way that it changes your perspective on the other stories).

I really adore the game and hope that the pseudo-sequel for the Wii actually makes it over from Japan.

Went to three CC's (went back to the first and second locations a second time), and walked away with:

Odin Sphere (PS2) x2 $11.32 each
Dawn of Mana (PS2) x2 $11.32 each (one is for me) EXTRA HAS BEEN SOLD
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (PS2) $11.32
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (PS2) $11.32
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2) $8.68 HAS BEEN SOLD
Lumines Plus(PS2) $6.00
Ape Escape 3 (PS2) x2 $6.00 each
Genji: Days of the Blade (PS3) $13.37
Full Auto 2: Battlelines(PS3) $11.32
Earth Defense Force 2017 (360) $11.32
Excite Truck (Wii)x2 $11.32 each ONE HAS BEEN SOLD
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)x3 $11.32 each
Alien Syndrome (Wii) $11.32
Mario Party 7(GCN) $11.32
Mario Superstar Baseball (GC) x2 $6.00 each BOTH HAVE BEEN SOLD
Super Mario Strikers (GC) x3 $6.00 each ALL HAVE BEEN SOLD
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) $8.68
StarFox Command (DS) x2 $11.32 each (one is for me)
Test Drive: Unlimited (PSP) $11.32
Aeon Flux UMD (PSP) $3.32
Beavis & Butthead Vol. 2 UMD (PSP) $3.32
Jackass Vol. 2 UMD (PSP) $3.32
Jackass Vol. 3 UMD (PSP) $3.32

Those in red are for me, the rest are extras.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Went to three CC's, and walked away with:

Odin Sphere (PS2) x2 $11.32 each
Dawn of Mana (PS2) x2 $11.32 each (one is for me)
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2) $8.83
Genji: Days of the Blade (PS3) $13.63
Mario Superstar Baseball (GC) x2 $6.00 each
Super Mario Strikers (GC) x3 $6.00 each
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) $8.83
StarFox Command (DS) $11.32

Those in red are for me, the rest are extras.[/quote]
could i grab any of the extras at a reasonable price for the effort? :)

Picked up:

Boogie DS for $6, doesn't look good, but maybe my daughter will have fun with it.
Star Trek Legacy X360 for $11.24. Missed it at the KMart clearance.

Was tempted to get a few more, but I just got Crackdown & Stranglehold at Target...

[quote name='Jasonlydon']I knew I was waiting on that copy of Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) for a reason! Just picked it up for $11.36.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning the Metal Slug price...I'm a little late to the party here so to speak and just assumed that all the games that were clearanced in the past would be long gone. I grabbed a Metal Slug along with Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Wii (would have preferred 360 but haven't had any luck finding one around me) TMNT 360, Power Pros PS2, Children of Mana DS, and Starfox Command DS. Oh yea, then I had my copies of Odin Sphere and Trauma Center price adjusted. I used to loathe Circuit City, my attitude may have changed.

[quote name='Distrato']Star Wars Battlefront 2 for $10 isn't bad :whistle2:k[/quote]

$6, actually, for the Xbox version. I just picked one up today to replace our disc-only copy.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Went to three CC's, and walked away with:

Odin Sphere
(PS2) x2 $11.32 each
Dawn of Mana (PS2) x2 $11.32 each (one is for me)
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 (PS2) $8.83
Genji: Days of the Blade (PS3) $13.63
Mario Superstar Baseball (GC) x2 $6.00 each
Super Mario Strikers (GC) x3 $6.00 each
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GC) $8.83
StarFox Command (DS) $11.32

Those in red are for me, the rest are extras.[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone got his tax return already. Good Score

I found Mario Superstar Baseball ($6 + tax) and MLB Power Pros ($8.68 + tax). It's good to see that it isn't just Kmart and Sears that have no clue what is going on with clearance games and sales - both games were marked at full price. I don't know why I need two baseball games, but I can't pass up a good bargain! I was really hoping to find Mario Party 7, but no luck on that front. I might have to make a trip to another CC to see what I can find.

1st time posting and thxs for the info on OS. Got one (only one there). No Dawn of Mana though but tons of Starfox Command.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Does anybody know if any Capcom Collection for the PSP are on clearence???[/quote]

I saw 1 of the PSP Capcom collection in the clearance bin but it had a x.x9 instead of x.x6 so I don't it's consider clearance.

My addiction to buying cheap games I otherwise had little interest in compelled me to purchase

iconxbox360.gif

Winning Eleven Pro Evo 07 -- 11.36
DDR Universe (game only) -- 11.36
TMNT -- 11.36

The only interesting/wierd thing was that the games were actually marked 11.36 (reflecting the 33% off the 16.96 clearance prices), although other games that I know are clearance weren't marked at all and had the original full-price tags. I'm scared my CAG-friendly CC is actually getting it's act together and marking things better so that cheap deals are more obvious. :cry:

Went to a CC near Tulsa Oklahoma. Only thing they had that was worth grabbing was one copy of Odin Sphere which I grabbed. Fortunately I'm on a cross-country roadtrip, so maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow in St. Lous.

[quote name='lockey']umm yea tell that to the dumb ass manager on maryland parkway here in vegas. tried to price adjust some games and said it's only the games pictured in the ad. wouldn't scan any games to check. had some words. told him no problem will goto the sahara cc. got them price adjusted. even at the other store i got some attitude from the cs girl. i can't stand going to cc but it's hard to pass up these prices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same issue at the CC here in Culver City, CA on Sepulveda Blvd. The employees and the manager all said the 33% was for the games pictured (Ape Escape 3 and GBA video). Told them, why would it say "Titles vary by store" if it was for just those 2 titles. Needless to say, they are pretty clueless in there. Gonna check a different CC near my work instead.

Nothing too exciting for me. I picked up Ratatouille for Gamecube (only because it was one of the last releases) the two Naruto games, and Naruto Uzmaki Chronicles for the PS2. The latter is going back though, didn't realize it completely sucked, or kind of close at least.
I was hoping to pick up Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Riders. Figured 6 a piece wouldn't be bad, but I couldn't find any of them.

[quote name='monkeydeew']basic thuganomics:
8.96 * .67 = 6.0032
6.0032 * .9 = 5.40288[/quote]

where did you get the 10% coupon?

I found Magical Starsign (DS) at the Aventura Florida CC, with a $16.96 sticker, but it rang up as $6. It was the last one, so if you're nearby, don't bother looking there for it. YMMV.

[quote name='salty tbone']My addiction to buying cheap games I otherwise had little interest in compelled me to purchase

iconxbox360.gif

TMNT -- 11.36[/quote]

Many of us suffer from that affliction. :) Which game is TMNT?

Most at the games at Independence, MO store is CLEAR OUT. I'm very Pissed OFF :( I wonder Boogi (DS) is worth $5.40 plus taxes or not ??

[quote name='Masterkyo']Most at the games at Independence, MO store is CLEAR OUT. I'm very Pissed OFF :( I wonder Boogi (DS) is worth $5.40 plus taxes or not ??[/quote]

I can tell you Odin Sphere is gone from the store near Metro North Mall in the northland and I didn't see much else from the list (maybe a copy of Paper Mario PC version for the cube). I thought about checking the store in Liberty but it's less than a year old so I bet their stock is probably too new to find the good clearance stuff.

Also I wonder if the store out south near Oak Park Mall has anything?

If anybody picked up an extra copy of Mario Party 7 from CC, still sealed, I'll trade a sealed CC copy of Dawn of Mana for it. PM me if interested.

[quote name='ogbaka']where did you get the 10% coupon?[/QUOTE]

CC has a 'Gamers Savings Club' membership for $20 which gets you 10% off games, guide, and accessories for one year. Obviously, its only worth it if you spend at least $200 on those things at CC in a year.

I think at some point(s) they've included them with the purchase of a system or something.

I made out alright. 8 games for $60-some bucks.

Picked up;
Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
1080 Avalanche
PS2
Capcom Classics Collection Vol.2
Taito Legends 2
Xbox
Black
Xbox 360
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Was going to buy Fable for $10, but it didn't come up as 33% off. Neither did Taito Legends 2, but I picked that up anyway.

[quote name='VGMaster75']

Was going to buy Fable for $10, but it didn't come up as 33% off. Neither did Taito Legends 2, but I picked that up anyway.[/quote]

My taito legends 2 came up at $9.99. That must have been a price drop, but not clearance.

Thanks OP on the tip...

Went to my CC I use to work @, and they let me run the titles on the computer to make it easier, I picked up Genji for PS2, and PS3... and MLB Power Pros.

They had some others like the Spyro titles I saw, no OS.

The original Genji for PS2 was 6 bucks!!! I think that is a pure steal

[quote name='salty tbone']My addiction to buying cheap games I otherwise had little interest in compelled me to purchase

iconxbox360.gif

Winning Eleven Pro Evo 07 -- 11.36
DDR Universe (game only) -- 11.36
TMNT -- 11.36

The only interesting/wierd thing was that the games were actually marked 11.36 (reflecting the 33% off the 16.96 clearance prices), although other games that I know are clearance weren't marked at all and had the original full-price tags. I'm scared my CAG-friendly CC is actually getting it's act together and marking things better so that cheap deals are more obvious. :cry:[/quote]

Dude, thanks for mentioning TMNT - It was stickered $29.99, but based on your post I had them scan it at lunch today and it came up 11.36!!!

[quote name='slowdive21']My taito legends 2 came up at $9.99. That must have been a price drop, but not clearance.[/quote]
Yeah, mine too. It's really confusing though because they have all these "clearance" games in the same area, most of them with outdated price stickers.
And there's no way to tell the price-dropped games apart from clearance games, apart from having them price-checked.

[quote name='slowdive21']My taito legends 2 came up at $9.99. That must have been a price drop, but not clearance.[/quote]

The copy was marked $7.49 for some reason, so I got it for that instead of the $9.99 it rang up for.

Picked up Lunar Knights (11.36) and Odin Sphere (11.36) today to add on to my pick-ups from yesterday. Man, CC is great.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']The copy was marked $7.49 for some reason, so I got it for that instead of the $9.99 it rang up for.

Picked up Lunar Knights (11.36) and Odin Sphere (11.36) today to add on to my pick-ups from yesterday. Man, CC is great.[/QUOTE]

Very jealous. No Odin Sphere for me. :whistle2:/

Before I ask someone in the group to try to snag me the DS browser, is it really worth my asking for it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back