Circuit City April clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
Note from Io: As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm injury-free enough (long story) to finally be able to get the new clearance list and post it. It looks like CC is trying to clear some space and I'm sure they'll get plenty of help here.

:ps2:
ATV Offroad Fury 3 $12.96
Avatar: The Last Airbender-The Burning Earth $16.96
The Bigs $12.96
Bratz Diamondz $12.96
Bratz: The Movie $12.96
Capcom Classics Collection vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars $16.96
Dawn of Mana $16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer $12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
The Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass $16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects $12.96
MLB 07: The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Odin Sphere $16.96
Open Season $12.96
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves $12.96
Spyro: A New Beginning $16.96
Spyro: The Eternal Night $16.96
Surf's Up $12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $12.96
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 06 $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty: Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans! 2 $8.96
FIFA Soccer 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike $8.96
Madden NFL 07 $8.96
NCAA Football 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: Carbon $8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted collector's edition $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars: Battlefront $8.96
Star Wars: Battlefront II $8.96
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 $8.96

:gc:
1080 Avalanche $8.96
Animal Crossing $8.96
Bratz Diamondz $8.96
Madden NFL 07 $8.96
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball $8.96
Meet the Robinsons $8.96
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes $8.96
Naruto: Clash of Ninja $8.96
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 $8.96
Need for Speed: Carbon $8.96
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $8.96
Need for Speed Underground $8.96
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $8.96
Over the Hedge $8.96
Paper Mario $8.96
Pokemon XD $8.96
Rampage: Total Destruction $8.96
Ratatouille $8.96
Shadow the Hedgehog $8.96
The Sims: Pets 2 $8.96
Sonic Heroes $8.96
Sonic Riders $8.96
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab $8.96
Starfox Assault $8.96
Super Mario Strikers $8.96
Super Mario Sunshine $8.96

:ds:
Boogie $8.96
Clubhouse Games $16.96
Golden Compass $8.96
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 $16.96
Metroid Prime: Hunters $16.96
Nintendo DS browser $16.96
Pogo Island $16.96
Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab $16.96
Starfox Command $16.96

:psp:
Crash Tag Team Racing $16.96
Test Drive Unlimited $16.96

:gba:
Finding Nemo/The Incredibles dual pack $8.96
Happy Feet $8.96
Petz Vet $16.96
Shrek 3 $16.96
Spider-Man 3 $16.96

March
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173869

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

[quote name='grundy']Before I ask someone in the group to try to snag me the DS browser, is it really worth my asking for it?

Thanks[/quote]

Generally, no.

But I don't think anyone has ever reported that they've obtained a clearanced-price DS browser during this sale?

[quote name='Chitown021'] Also I wonder if the store out south near Oak Park Mall has anything?[/quote]

What are you looking for? I'm only interested in gamecube games and they only had naruto and sonic. I also check for odin which wasn't there either.

[quote name='Caliburn']Generally, no.

But I don't think anyone has ever reported that they've obtained a clearanced-price DS browser during this sale?[/QUOTE]

I haven't even seen one at a CC. I was starting to doubt if it had been distributed to my region at all. Might not be great, but it's smaller than a laptop when wanting to read the news and take a dump. Not saying I read the news when I take a dump or anything, but you know.

I have a ten dollar gift card and will probably be visiting Circuit City after work to see if there's anything good locally.

I hit up the Lewisville, TX store over lunch and there's not much of note there. Their bins were all last gen and crappy. The few things I spotted on the shelf were TMNT (360), Alien Syndrome (Wii), Lunar Knights (DS), Metroid Prime Hunters (DS), and Mario Superstar Baseball (GC), each in their respective console's section and still stickered full price. All should be $16.96 except Mario Baseball is $8.96. I picked up a copy of Mario baseball and there were 2 left there still. They also had an open-box MS VGA 360 cable in a bin up front for $25 (audio adapter included) which I passed on.

Snagged Animal Crossing for the GC & Black for XBOX for $6 each. Scored Excite Truck and Odin Sphere for $11 each.

Got the last copy of Odin Sphere & Black but there was one Excite Truck and Animal Crossing left at the CC in Rocky Mount NC. An absolute ton of other games available for the PS2 and GC and a few Wii and 360 games. I remember seeing Star Trek Legacy and a lot of sports for the 360 for $16.96 which would be $11 after the discount. They also had at least one left of Alien Syndrome, Marvel UA and a Trauma Center for Wii and Pirates & Fantastic 4 at what would be $11 each.

[quote name='VGMaster75']I made out alright. 8 games for $60-some bucks.

Picked up;
Gamecube
Super Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
1080 Avalanche
PS2
Capcom Classics Collection Vol.2
Taito Legends 2
Xbox
Black
Xbox 360
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Was going to buy Fable for $10, but it didn't come up as 33% off. Neither did Taito Legends 2, but I picked that up anyway.[/quote]

That is a sweet ass haul. Some top notch games right there.

Swung by my CC on the way back from school in search of Dawn of Mana or Trauma Center, but alas, no such luck :(

I did grab two copies of Odin Sphere which are up for trade--hoping for a straight up trade for Dawn of Mana, Trauma Center: SO, Grim Grimoire, or Soul Nomad... otherwise they're going back to the store ;)

Thanks regardless, OP

Why are you all after Dawn of Mana? They had one copy at my CC. And as much as I love the original Secret of Mana, Dawn of Mana got pretty crappy ratings.
I guess you guys are just after these hard-to-find RPG's for their market potential?

[quote name='VGMaster75']Why are you all after Dawn of Mana? They had one copy at my CC. And as much as I love the original Secret of Mana, Dawn of Mana got pretty crappy ratings.
I guess you guys are just after these hard-to-find RPG's for their market potential?[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's actually just one of the only PS2 RPGs I'm still missing from my collection, along with the ones I mentioned above and the new .hack trilogy. Hence the reason I'm especially eager to trade for it...

My collection
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=Wampa8jedi&mode=edit&grp1=20152&objt=1

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Swung by my CC on the way back from school in search of Dawn of Mana or Trauma Center, but alas, no such luck :(

I did grab two copies of Odin Sphere which are up for trade--hoping for a straight up trade for Dawn of Mana, Trauma Center: SO, Grim Grimoire, or Soul Nomad... otherwise they're going back to the store ;)[/QUOTE]

Going back to the store? You're joking, right?

I successfully had the four clearance games I purchased last month price adjusted I got back $22 and change.:)

Thanks CAG.

I went back to Circuit City and found Odin Sphere in the clearance bin. The problem? It was a pre-owned copy that was marked $34.99 on the other side! I chucked that sucker right back into the bin.

I picked up Virtua Fighter 3 for PS3 for $19.99 instead along with Superman: The Movie on HD-DVD for $12.49 and a pre-owned copy of Mercenaries for PS2 for $12.99, and even though I said I would never buy a pre-owned game from Circuit City (they usually make Gamestop look like a CAG's paradise), it was cheaper than Gamestop charges for a pre-owned copy ($24.99 at Gamestop without the Edge).

I got $6.00 back on Genji (PS3). The salesgirl didn't even check in the system before she refunded. I showed her my receipt, she pulled out a smaller calculator and put $6 back on my card. I still have to get Full Auto (PS3), God Hand (PS2) and Excitetruck (Wii) price-adjusted.

I saw new copies of Capcom Classics Vol. 1 for $12.99, but these are regular priced, not clearance, so they don't count for the sale.

I was able to find copies of Mario Baseball, Mario Strikers, God Hand and both GC Narutos. Thanks OP.

I've got another couple of stores to check, still looking for Mario Sunshine.

[quote name='cartman414']Going back to the store? You're joking, right?[/QUOTE]

Why would I be? I only bought them to trade as I already have a pristine copy and have little interest in dealing with the hassle of Ebaying them for a $10 or less profit...

I bumped my trade thread and hopefully I'll get a few bites so it doesn't come to that...

In the off-chance you don't get any trade offers, would you be willing to... sell them? I would have totally bought a copy if only I could find one.

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Picked up Paper Mario GC for $6XX , havent played it yet so i was pretty stoked about it!!![/QUOTE]

It's a great game and you got it for a great price--you should be stoked :)

I might as well post my haul for the month of March. Some of this stuff I purchased prior to the 33% off sale this week, but CC price adjusted everything. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm pretty happy I was able to snag the following:

EDF 2017 (360): $11
TC2O (wii): $11
The Bigs (ps3): $11
TDU (psp): $11
Odin (ps2): $11
Aeon Flux (psp): $3
Power Pros (ps2): $8
Scarface (xbox): $6
NFS Carbon (xbox): $6
Capcom Vol 2 (ps2): $8

Ok, so I'm ignoring tax, but that's 10 decent-to-very-good titles for $86 brand new. The joke is that I would never have paid attention to any of these if they were full price, or even half-price. You have to love CAG and CC. Now, should I pick-up Hot Shots Tennis for $11, that's about the only thing I may want that's still available at my local CC........

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Picked up Paper Mario GC for $6XX , havent played it yet so i was pretty stoked about it!!![/quote]

That is a killer game! The interaction with the audience was really an awesome twist. Personally I think that is probably one of the 3 best titles on the system, probably only #2 behind RE4.

[quote name='twen']Wait, a Greatest Hits game, preowned, for $25 at Gamestop? fuck that.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing compared to their used Gamecube game prices. $39.99 I think for Mario Kart and $34.99 for SSBM

Ugh. I went to CC yesterday to get 2 $16.96 games adjusted to the 33% off price. Those fucking idiots kept me waiting for like half an hour while they tried to figure out how to do a simple-ass price adjustment. They adjusted the price to $11.96 on each game and gave me the difference back. Then when I got home, I realized that $11.96 was not 33% off of $16.96, it should have been $11.36 each!

I went back to CC today and found another copy of the game and asked them how much it was. The service rep said it was $11.36 and I yelled at them "Then why did you guys adjust it to only 11.96 yesterday? You people kept me waiting for half an hour just to do this adjustment, and you couldn't even change it to the correct price! Do you guys just calculate price adjustments off the top of your head or do you do it through the computer?" And the rep says "I'm not the one who did it yesterday, I just got here. I don't know why it was like that", even though one of the reps that did it yesterday was standing next to her before walking away. Just once I'd like to hear one of these retail store employees admit to their own incompetence.

[quote name='bryan78']Ugh. I went to CC yesterday to get 2 $16.96 games adjusted to the 33% off price. Those fucking idiots kept me waiting for like half an hour while they tried to figure out how to do a simple-ass price adjustment. They adjusted the price to $11.96 on each game and gave me the difference back. Then when I got home, I realized that $11.96 was not 33% off of $16.96, it should have been $11.36 each!

I went back to CC today and found another copy of the game and asked them how much it was. The service rep said it was $11.36 and I yelled at them "Then why did you guys adjust it to only 11.96 yesterday? You people kept me waiting for half an hour just to do this adjustment, and you couldn't even change it to the correct price! Do you guys just calculate price adjustments off the top of your head or do you do it through the computer?" And the rep says "I'm not the one who did it yesterday, I just got here. I don't know why it was like that", even though one of the reps that did it yesterday was standing next to her before walking away. Just once I'd like to hear one of these retail store employees admit to their own incompetence.[/quote]

Their incompetence cost you $1.20. Just let it go dude.

You wouldn't have gotten that if it weren't for thier sale and their price match guarantee.

[quote name='retromufc']Their incompetence cost you $1.20. Just let it go dude.[/quote]

Actually it probably cost him more than that due to the gas wasted for the second trip.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's nothing compared to their used Gamecube game prices. $39.99 I think for Mario Kart and $34.99 for SSBM[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think Pokemon XD trades for around $15 at Lamestop. I believe SSMB trades for $16. Really strange.. I'd say those are increases from about a year or two ago.

For any locals, 2 Odin Sphere and 2 Okami remain at the Prattville CC. I can't pick any up for trades, I've blown way too much on HD-DVD's lately. Montgomery CC is practically raped.. I was really hoping to locate Clubhouse Games, but haven't seen it anywhere. Kind of unrelated, but Prattville CC has plenty of Razer Deathadder mice that are clearanced to I believe $22 right now, and the Montgomery CC has a few Matrix Collections on HD-DVD. I had picked up a Razer Diamondback, but returned it today as the scroll wheel stopped working after 24 hours. I decided to stick with my good ole Logitech MX510.. it may not agree with XP x64 as well as the Razer, but it's built to last and more comfortable :)

Oh yeah... ANOTHER unrelated game clearance item, the Microsoft Presenter 3000 remote for powerpoint presentations and such.. LCD display with a timer and built in laser pointer.. clearanced @ $25. Comes in real handy for presentations, and pissing off cats when not used for work :)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That's nothing compared to their used Gamecube game prices. $39.99 I think for Mario Kart and $34.99 for SSBM[/quote]

well, someone must be buying at those prices for it to remain up there. ROFL:lol:

My local CC got most of the Capcom PSP games back in stock for $12.99, including ones that were previously clearanced (like SFA3).

Its a little funny because the games I want I can't find anymore (any Mario or Animal Crossing) but I've literally seen every other gamecube title on the list when I went to CC tonight. I actually found Paper and Animal Crossing, but didn't pick it up because I didn't know of the 33% deal last weekend.

Picked Up:

Pokemon XD - $6.00 (tagged at 29.99)
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $8.68 (tagged at 19.99, probably going to return)

I'm going to hit one more CC to pick up sponge bob for my girlfriend's girl birthday.

[quote name='retromufc']Their incompetence cost you $1.20. Just let it go dude.

You wouldn't have gotten that if it weren't for thier sale and their price match guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

[quote name='retromufc']Their incompetence cost you $1.20. Just let it go dude.

You wouldn't have gotten that if it weren't for thier sale and their price match guarantee.[/quote]

[quote name='Chitown021']Actually it probably cost him more than that due to the gas wasted for the second trip.[/quote]
Actually, it wasn't the money that bothered me, if it had just been that, I probably would have let it go. It was the fact that they kept me standing there at the service counter for 30 min. while the rep went somewhere in the back with my receipt and disappeared for 10 min. to do who knows what, and then came back, went away again, came back again, all just to do a simple adjustment, and still managed to get it wrong, that's what bothered me. I've never had to wait this long for a price change, it shouldn't be this difficult.

And I didn't actually waste any gas since it was half a minute away from where I had to go today anyway. I bought the other copy of Dawn of Mana that was left, and I had to return a DVD also so the trip wasn't wasted either.

[quote name='bryan78']And I didn't actually waste any gas since it was half a minute away from where I had to go today anyway. I bought the other copy of Dawn of Mana that was left, and I had to return a DVD also so the trip wasn't wasted either.[/quote]

I don't know if your trying to pick up cool e-points for yelling at a girl and seemingly bragging about it but it just sounds stupid. There are no reasons to defend yelling at a girl who wasn't even there. Good job :applause:

I went back to CC in my area to buy a copy of Rampage (Wii) that I was unsure of buying. I decided to take a second look through the games section and in plain view there was a copy of Dawn of Mana marked at $39.99. :D

I have no idea how I could have missed it the first time but I am thankful for CC employees who don't bother to correctly price most games.

Stopped by around 840pm tonight after some studying in the library. Picked up the following:

1. Aeon Flux UMD: $3
2. Smackdown/Raw 2006: $8.96
3. Capcom Collection Vol. 2: $8.96
4. Paper Mario x2: $6
5. Mario Striker: $6
6. Mario Superstar Baseball: $6

Not a bad haul. Still going to look for Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine and Odin Sphere tomorrow on my break.

--Michael

[quote name='ets']I don't know if your trying to pick up cool e-points for yelling at a girl and seemingly bragging about it but it just sounds stupid. There are no reasons to defend yelling at a girl who wasn't even there. Good job :applause:[/quote]
Well, I didn't start screaming at her or anything, I just complained in a harsh tone, that's all. I had to say something to them because I was ticked off, and I wasn't gonna waste my time waiting to complain to a manager about it or go find the employees that were involved and complain to them. Therefore, I just told off whoever was helping me at the time because I knew they wouldn't care anyway and they would just make excuses. And I wasn't trying to brag, I just wanted to share the terrible experience I had. I knew all you CAGs would understand. :roll:

I'll be adding this week's titles that go on clearance when I head in to work today around 4:30pst(If Neo doesn't beat me to it). Hopefully, there's something decent. I noticed when I was redoing the Wii section the other night our list said that NiGHTS, Fire Emblem, and WarioWare were all discontinued(in CircuitCity's system, not necessarily for other retailers) so here's hoping that some of those titles will hit this week or sometime soon!

Some that wasn't on the list

GC Geist - 6.00
NDS Trauma Center: Under the Knife - 11.36
NGC Harvest Moon : Another Wonderful - 6.00
NDS Castlevania : POR - 6.00
XBX NFS Most Wanted Collector's Ed - 11.36

^^Yeah, if you check the older clearance threads, almost all of those games listed above are old clearance. And NFS:MW CE has been listed in the OP.

Junk, that's all that was left. I wanted Mario Party 7 and Animal Crossing but no dice.

I was lucky enough to find Mario Baseball and Elebits, for $6 and $11.xx. Also, I picked up a FFVI Advance but that was still $30.

I'll be adding this week's titles that go on clearance when I head in to work today around 4:30pst(If Neo doesn't beat me to it). Hopefully, there's something decent. I noticed when I was redoing the Wii section the other night our list said that NiGHTS, Fire Emblem, and WarioWare were all discontinued(in CircuitCity's system, not necessarily for other retailers) so here's hoping that some of those titles will hit this week or sometime soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back