Circuit City March clearance - 3/27 update Odin Sphere $16.96

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
(note from Io: merged the independent Odin Sphere thread into this one and changed the title to highlight that deal. Credit to langdon_alger for finding the Odin Sphere drop and to mitch079 for uncovering the other PS2 drops on the web site)

(Edit #2 from Io: Added the full list of new clearance items posted by Donnums including all the new Xbox/GC/PSP/DS stuff)

As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27

:ps2:
[highlight]Odin Sphere $16.96[/highlight]

ATV Offroad Fury 3 12.96
Bigs $12.96
Bratz: Forever Diamonds 12.96
Bratz: The Movie 12.96
Capcom Classics Colleciton Vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars 16.96
Dawn of Mana 16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer 12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass 16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night 16.96
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects 12.96
MLB 07 The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Open Season 12.96
Sly 3 $12.96
Surf's Up $12.96
WWE Smack Down! vs. RAW 2006 12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans 2 $8.96
FIFA 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon Summit Strike $8.96
Madden 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: CARBON $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED COLL ED $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield 2 $8.96
Tiger Woods 2007 $8.96

:gc:
(ALL $8.96 except as noted)
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Bratz Diamonds
Madden NFL 2007
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball
Meet the Robinsons
Metroid Prime 2: Echos
Naruto 2
NARUTO: CLASH OF THE NINJA
NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND
NICKTOONS VOLCANO ISLAND
OVER THE HEDGE
PAPER MARIO
POKEMON XD
RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION
RATATOUILLE
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
SIMS PETS 2
SONIC HEROES
SONIC RIDERS
SPONGEBOB KRUSTY KRAB
STAR FOX: ASSAULT
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

:psp:
CRASH TAG TEAM RACING $16.96
TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED $16.96

:ds:
BOOGIE $8.96
CLUBHOUSE GAMES $16.96
GOLDEN COMPASS $8.96
MARIO VS DONKEY KONG 2 $16.96
METROID PRIME HUNTERS $16.96
NINTENDO DS BROWSER $16.96
POGO ISLAND $16.96
SPONGEBOB: KRUSTY KRAB $16.96
STARFOX COMMAND $16.96

:gba:
FINDING NEMO/ INCREDIBLES DUAL PACK $8.96
HAPPY FEET $8.96
PETZ VET $16.96
SHREK 3 $16.96
SPIDERMAN 3 $16.96

3/21

:ps3:
Genji: Days of the Blade $19.96

Ape Escape 3 $8.96
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie $8.96
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai $8.96

:psp:UMD
Aeon Flux $4.96
Beavis & Butthead vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 3 $4.96
Viva La Bam vol. 2 $4.96

2/29

:360:
Earth Defense Force 2017 $16.96
Import Tuner Challenge $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $16.96

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $16.96
Bee Movie $16.96
Excitetruck $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
Super Swing Golf $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Trauma Center: Second Opinion $16.96

:ps3:
The Bigs $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Madden NFL 07 $16.96
MLB 2K7 $16.96
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End $16.96

Need for Speed Underground 2 $16.96

:ds:
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $16.96

:psp:
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai $16.96

:gba:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $16.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $16.96

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

Found OS @ the 3rd CC I checked in Columbus, OH. I think I snagged the last copy @ the Brice Rd store. Can't say for sure since stuff is strewn all over the place. Could not find @ Polaris or Easton for those in central OH.

I will say this for CC, as has often been mentioned, the lack of aisle organization or price corrections on the product itself (OS still had the $39.99 tag on it) make for great CAG finds. Also, when we see a CC price drop on this board, all CCs reflect that drop correctly. The Target, Walmart, and Sears threads are pretty much worthles to me, I never find any of the YMMV crap that gets posted on this board @ those stores. Long live CC!!!!!! Your lack of organization combined with actual discounted product availablity is to be commended.

Picked up a copy of Odin Sphere. Last one, I think - shit was so unorganized. I had to go through the entire rack of PS2 games, and found one behind WWE Smackdown vs Raw (lol).

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Picked up a copy of Odin Sphere. Last one, I think - shit was so unorganized. I had to go through the entire rack of PS2 games, and found one behind WWE Smackdown vs Raw (lol).[/QUOTE]

Same at my store - CC has some good deals some times, but its like they don't even care about their customers.

I was thinking about going to pick up Dawn of Mana, but with all the bad reviews it got, I'm not sure if I should bother.

I mean, I realize that it's $17, but why spend that on a game that's not even worth the price?

Clairmont mesa and Carmel Mtn CC in San Diego are sold out of Odin Sphere. i picked up the last copy @ the Carmel Mtn store.i also picked up a copy of Dawn of mana too.There is still 1 more copy of Dawn of Mana in the clearance bin. The CC workers were marking down the clearance items already and putting them in the clearance bin.Jus a heads up.

[quote name='thedream77']I will say this for CC, as has often been mentioned, the lack of aisle organization or price corrections on the product itself (OS still had the $39.99 tag on it) make for great CAG finds. Also, when we see a CC price drop on this board, all CCs reflect that drop correctly. The Target, Walmart, and Sears threads are pretty much worthles to me, I never find any of the YMMV crap that gets posted on this board @ those stores. Long live CC!!!!!! Your lack of organization combined with actual discounted product availablity is to be commended.[/quote]

Not to mention my local CC's willingness to price match Fry's, vs. my local BB.
Although I don't value the disorganization. I've actually had better luck finding clearance games I really wanted (Okami, Ace Combat Zero) at the alphabetized CCs than at the disorganized CCs - perhaps because the alphabetized CCs can physically see and manage their stock level by title. My time is too valuable (and my find rate too low) to flip through all the inventory at the "we obviously don't give a ___" CCs.

anyone have the SKU from their receipt for odin sphere? The CC by me is a mess and I want to get them to check on the comp before I go down there...

[quote name='prateeko']anyone have the SKU from their receipt for odin sphere? The CC by me is a mess and I want to get them to check on the comp before I go down there...[/quote]

Don't feel like going through 17 pages to see if it was noted, but the price on MLB Power Pros is $12.96, which was just right for me.

[quote name='dragonjud']MLB Power Pros is $12.96[/quote]Which platform is this? They didn't reduce the Wii version from $16.96, did they?

EDIT: Wait, was MLBPP Wii ever $16.96? May be getting my synapses crossed...

I could definately go for Odin Sphere. How are those two Spyro games for the ps2? Do they compare to the great PS1 Spyro games of yore?

Paper mario for GC for $9 would be a great find too. Shit, I don't get paid until next thursday. :(

scored today too. dawn of mana and odin sphere, thanks NEO!!! you're my hero!!!

i also scored the last Aeon Flux UMD for $4.96!!!!!

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the decent DS games at $16.96:

Metroid Prime Hunters
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2
Clubhouse Games
Starfox Assault

Saginaw, Michigan Circuit City has 3 copies of Odin Sphere left that I could find. I only had enough money on me for 1 of em. So if your nearby, you can find it on the messy wall of PS2 clearance games on the far left hand side closer to the bottom facing out. Though they could get moved in the near future since that place is a mess of havoc for clearance games. I live 30+ miles away from this particular store so I do not plan on going back to pick up any extra copies for anyone, sorry. I also found Mario Superstar Baseball and Super Mario Strikers for Gamecube for $8.96. They had a 5+ copies of each of those titles.

thanks whoever for the Odin Sphere drop; I picked it up earlier in the month thinking it would sell before clearance, but low and behold got my 23$ish refunded back today!

[quote name='0192837465']thanks whoever for the Odin Sphere drop; I picked it up earlier in the month thinking it would sell before clearance, but low and behold got my 23$ish refunded back today![/quote]

Now you'll have to go back on Sunday to get the extra $5.

[quote name='phear3d']scored today too. dawn of mana and odin sphere, thanks NEO!!! you're my hero!!!
[/QUOTE]

Neo's great and all but read the OP if you want to give proper credit ;).

Went to 2 different CC's in my area, both had no copies of OS which wasnt much of a surprise. I just wish now that I hadnt wasted so much time. Damn LV!

I just added all the rest of the clearance items to the OP (including all those DS games). Thanks to Donnums for the full list!

I gave up on de-capitalizing the list half way through - if Neo wants to do that he's welcome to ;).

I already have Odin Sphere but that huge list of GC games at $8.96 (or about $6 come Sunday) is tempting. I think I'll make a run tonight.

How long does the additional 30% of clearance games last for? I'm out of town til tuesday so I hope its not Sunday only.

Want to get my savings back for the games I bought yesterday :eek:

[quote name='consolecrusader']3129 Kennedy Boulevard, North Bergen, NJ 07047

Odin Sphere

Purchased the last copy...someone actually hide it behind a rack of 50 Cent Bulletproofs for xbox lol[/quote]

Damn, one less store worth checking out, now.

no odin or dawn in fort wayne today (might check back sunday)

Did find fairy godmother Tycoon for 3.00

werid thing they never carried this game in months and it would be werid if they restocked a 3 buck PC game.

wrapped it up and gave it to my cousins kid, They loved the demo on pogo but there was no way in hell would paid 20

The CC in Roseville, MI had two copies of Odin Sphere left in the clearance bin when I got there. I picked that up along with Beavis and Butt-head Vol. 2 for PSP (4.99) I almost gave up after looking through the bin for 5 minutes and not finding anything, then I gave it one last pass and saw both copies near the bottom of the bin. So there's still a chance that the other copy is in there.

Do you need to bring back the games with the receipt to get a price adjustment, or will just the receipt be good enough? I am kind of expecting to have trouble as I'm sure they'll say I already got the 33% off if I have to bring the games since they are all tagged full price (they'll say the receipt already shows a discount versus the sticker price)

i wonder if you will get the 33% off sunday. I remember last time they was doing the 25% off cool games it wasnt till like weds or thursday until the prices were in the computer.

i picked up 4 games and returned all 4 since they didnt come up 25% off.

only good game i saw in fort wayne

FF V for 8.96 what would be around 6 sunday

I picked up what seemned to be the last copy of OS in the Moorestown NJ CC. It was just sitting there in the front of the rack, still labeled 39.99. Also picked up Kane's Wrath for 17.99.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Do you need to bring back the games with the receipt to get a price adjustment, or will just the receipt be good enough? I am kind of expecting to have trouble as I'm sure they'll say I already got the 33% off if I have to bring the games since they are all tagged full price (they'll say the receipt already shows a discount versus the sticker price)[/QUOTE]

I've always only needed the receipt. As long as the 33% off is already entered in their computer system the new price will show up on the receipt without problem when it is price adjusted. It's only if they don't update the computer system with the 33% off that you may have a problem.

[quote name='jalu6']I picked up what seemned to be the last copy of OS in the Moorestown NJ CC. It was just sitting there in the front of the rack, still labeled 39.99. Also picked up Kane's Wrath for 17.99.[/quote]

HA! I used to work in that store til I moved.. I heard it's not the greatest anymore (Games dept wise). I used to keep that place kept up

[quote name='Josef']I've always only needed the receipt. As long as the 33% off is already entered in their computer system the new price will show up on the receipt without problem when it is price adjusted. It's only if they don't update the computer system with the 33% off that you may have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, hopefully I won't have a problem then.

[quote name='kevzik']Wait - its 33% off all clearance games?!?!?!

How did I miss this? Did speedy mention this in his ads?[/quote]

I looked and it seems he didn't. I just checked tonight at work and it said "Save and Extra 33% off all clearance titles" on the back page(with Ape Escape 3 and another game pictured). I think that's why we got a fairly big list is week. I'll post in it in Speedy's Thread as well.

[quote name='Donnums']I looked and it seems he didn't. I just checked tonight at work and it said "Save and Extra 33% off all clearance titles" on the back page(with Ape Escape 3 and another game pictured). I think that's why we got a fairly big list is week. I'll post in it in Speedy's Thread as well.[/quote]

Thanks man.

Struck out on my quest for Odin and Test Drive PSP, but did pick up Gun Showdown PSP for $9.99(has Cool Deals sticker). Funny, it has a Gamestop unlock code inside for a bonus map(code BADLANDS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back