Circuit City March clearance - 3/27 update Odin Sphere $16.96

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
(note from Io: merged the independent Odin Sphere thread into this one and changed the title to highlight that deal. Credit to langdon_alger for finding the Odin Sphere drop and to mitch079 for uncovering the other PS2 drops on the web site)

(Edit #2 from Io: Added the full list of new clearance items posted by Donnums including all the new Xbox/GC/PSP/DS stuff)

As usual, please post all Sale/Trade/Pickup Offers in the corresponding Circuit City clearance trade thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/27

:ps2:
[highlight]Odin Sphere $16.96[/highlight]

ATV Offroad Fury 3 12.96
Bigs $12.96
Bratz: Forever Diamonds 12.96
Bratz: The Movie 12.96
Capcom Classics Colleciton Vol. 2 $12.96
Dancing with the Stars 16.96
Dawn of Mana 16.96
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer 12.96
Ghost Rider $12.96
Godfather $12.96
Golden Compass 16.96
Hot Shots Tennis $16.96
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night 16.96
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 16.96
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects 12.96
MLB 07 The Show $16.96
MLB 2K7 $12.96
MLB Power Pros $12.96
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles $12.96
NASCAR 07 $12.96
Open Season 12.96
Sly 3 $12.96
Surf's Up $12.96
WWE Smack Down! vs. RAW 2006 12.96
World Series of Poker Tournament $12.96

:xbox:
Black $8.96
Call of Duty Big Red One $8.96
Destroy All Humans 2 $8.96
FIFA 07 $8.96
Fight Night Round 3 $8.96
Ghost Recon Summit Strike $8.96
Madden 07 $8.96
Need for Speed: CARBON $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED $8.96
Need for Speed: MOST WANTED COLL ED $16.96
Scarface $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield $8.96
Star Wars Battlefield 2 $8.96
Tiger Woods 2007 $8.96

:gc:
(ALL $8.96 except as noted)
1080 Avalanche
Animal Crossing
Bratz Diamonds
Madden NFL 2007
Mario Party 7 $16.96
Mario Superstar Baseball
Meet the Robinsons
Metroid Prime 2: Echos
Naruto 2
NARUTO: CLASH OF THE NINJA
NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON
NEED FOR SPEED: MOST WANTED
NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND
NICKTOONS VOLCANO ISLAND
OVER THE HEDGE
PAPER MARIO
POKEMON XD
RAMPAGE: TOTAL DESTRUCTION
RATATOUILLE
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
SIMS PETS 2
SONIC HEROES
SONIC RIDERS
SPONGEBOB KRUSTY KRAB
STAR FOX: ASSAULT
SUPER MARIO STRIKERS
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE

:psp:
CRASH TAG TEAM RACING $16.96
TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED $16.96

:ds:
BOOGIE $8.96
CLUBHOUSE GAMES $16.96
GOLDEN COMPASS $8.96
MARIO VS DONKEY KONG 2 $16.96
METROID PRIME HUNTERS $16.96
NINTENDO DS BROWSER $16.96
POGO ISLAND $16.96
SPONGEBOB: KRUSTY KRAB $16.96
STARFOX COMMAND $16.96

:gba:
FINDING NEMO/ INCREDIBLES DUAL PACK $8.96
HAPPY FEET $8.96
PETZ VET $16.96
SHREK 3 $16.96
SPIDERMAN 3 $16.96

3/21

:ps3:
Genji: Days of the Blade $19.96

Ape Escape 3 $8.96
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie $8.96
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai $8.96

:psp:UMD
Aeon Flux $4.96
Beavis & Butthead vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 2 $4.96
Jackass vol. 3 $4.96
Viva La Bam vol. 2 $4.96

2/29

:360:
Earth Defense Force 2017 $16.96
Import Tuner Challenge $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions 2007 $16.96

:wii:
Alien Syndrome $16.96
Bee Movie $16.96
Excitetruck $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $16.96
Super Swing Golf $16.96
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $16.96
Trauma Center: Second Opinion $16.96

:ps3:
The Bigs $16.96
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $16.96
Madden NFL 07 $16.96
MLB 2K7 $16.96
Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End $16.96

Need for Speed Underground 2 $16.96

:ds:
Nicktoons: Volcano Island $16.96

:psp:
Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai $16.96

:gba:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest $16.96
Ultimate Spider-Man $16.96

February
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170283

January
NO LIST

December
http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162745

November
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158103

October
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154925

September
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150784

August
NO LIST

July
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143063

June
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=139368

April/May
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137696

The only 33% I see in the ad for games this week is off a very specific selection of 8. I'd be curious to see if specifically Odin Sphere would be eligible for a price adjustment.

[quote name='SackAttack']The only 33% I see in the ad for games this week is off a very specific selection of 8. I'd be curious to see if specifically Odin Sphere would be eligible for a price adjustment.[/quote]

Check the back page of the ad above the picture of Ape Escape 3 (PS2) and Nicktoons? (GBA video). It says "save an extra 33% - video game clearance." Below the pictures it states "titles vary by store. while supplies last. no rainchecks."

[quote name='emg28']Check the back page of the ad above the picture of Ape Escape 3 (PS2) and Nicktoons? (GBA video). It says "save an extra 33% - video game clearance." Below the pictures it states "titles vary by store. while supplies last. no rainchecks."[/quote]

Nothing was ringing up last fall when they had this sale. It took a few days for them to get the computers updated.

[quote name='Kelegacy']So, CC's are open on the East Coast. Anyone confirm the clearance sale?[/quote]

I'd like to know also since I'd like to try and get the 33% off my copy of Odin Sphere.

Sorry to be clueless, but I am about to head up there in a few. I took a quick glance at the ad in the paper this morning, and don't remember seeing the 33% off clearance games, how did the person who brought it up find out about it?

[quote name='Coper3000']Sorry to be clueless, but I am about to head up there in a few. I took a quick glance at the ad in the paper this morning, and don't remember seeing the 33% off clearance games, how did the person who brought it up find out about it?[/quote]

It's in a small spot on the back page.

Confirmed! It is taking place. I managed to snag lots of clearance games I wanted, Odin Sphere rang up 12 something I believe.

edit- Forgot to mention, it is in their computer so it automatically takes the 33% off.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']What are the chances now of finding Trauma Center: Second Opinion Wii.?[/quote]

I haven't seen them in about a year in Central Jersey.

Time for some price adjustments today.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']What are the chances now of finding Trauma Center: Second Opinion Wii.?[/quote]
slim. couldnt find it around feb. went to like 4 CCs

[quote name='Chronis']:( Went today to the Lake Grove CC in New York and they were cleaned out of the Odins they had last week. :( Stickied fingered bastards. But I did manage to get the last MLB Power Pros they had, and it was indeed $12.96.

Well, tomorrow I'll be trekking across Long Island anyway, so it looks like I'll stop at a bunch of CCs to find the booty.[/QUOTE]

sadly i dont play my PS2 enough anymore to deem a 13 buck sport game worthly of buying. probally just try to rent it off blockbuster for free or gamefly.

if it was a very fun game maybe but reviews make it seem so so

[quote name='mtxbass1']Picked up Project Silpheed (360) for $6 and Genji(PS3) for $12.36 thanks to the 33% off sale.[/quote]

I thought about picking up Genji, but it got such horrible reviews everywhere i've seen, i didn't bother.

d cided to run out and pick up MLB Power Pros for the ps2. grabbed the last 2 copies.

if anyone wants one pm me. Did some looking on the net and it looks like a cute game.

think gallop racer but baseball instead of horse racin (graphic wise)

[quote name='Kelegacy']So, CC's are open on the East Coast. Anyone confirm the clearance sale?[/quote]

Confirmed... they are even ringing up correctly. My sister just scored about every Gamecube Mario/Star Fox/Metroid game on the last update for ~$6.00 each.

My CC had some pretty decent stock. Here's what I picked up with prices after 33% discount:

Odin Sphere $11.36
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 $8.68
Pokemon XD: GoD $6.00
Starfox Command $11.36
Mario Party 7 w/mic $11.36

I forgot to check for Trauma or MP:Hunters.

no odin spheres at my store. had to fight with manager to get Genji PS3 for $11.36. ff rise silv surfer PS3 11.96
Genji PS2 $6, rampage total Dest. GC $6, Ape escape 3 $6 PS2, Capcom classics 2 $8.68 PS2, MArvel rise of the imperfects $8.68.

I just bought them because they were cheap and I have 30 days to decide if any of them are worth it.

[quote name='makstaks']Are PC games included on the 33% off? What have you guys found...[/quote]

nope only console

[quote name='shibbyshoo']I just bought Odin sphere yesterday, do you think I could pricematch it to the discounted price today?[/quote]

Most stores will adjust a price within 24 hours.

Didn't find what I was looking for But I did find Beavis and Butthead and AEON FLUX UMDS (Animated one from the 90's) for $4.96:cool: ALso KOF XI for PS2 $12.99

[quote name='slowdive21']no odin spheres at my store. had to fight with manager to get Genji PS3 for $11.36. ff rise silv surfer PS3 11.96
Genji PS2 $6, rampage total Dest. GC $6, Ape escape 3 $6 PS2, Capcom classics 2 $8.68 PS2, MArvel rise of the imperfects $8.68.

I just bought them because they were cheap and I have 30 days to decide if any of them are worth it.[/quote]

Genji for ps3 should actually be ~13.37 with the 33% off clearance since its $19.96. I don't know why they would lower the price just because you were fighting with them :roll:

[quote name='shibbyshoo']I just bought Odin sphere yesterday, do you think I could pricematch it to the discounted price today?[/quote]

yea they did for me today i got $6.06 back

Nice.. I'm going to check out my local CC after work.

I'm hoping to find Odin Sphere and Mario Party 7 in there.

Well went out to check my looted and pillaged CC and did not leave with a total loss. Got these:

Beavis and Butthead Vol. 2 UMD $3.32 (33% came off this PSP UMD also, was $4.96)
Genji (PS2) $6 *been wanting to try this one out*

Thanks OP

[quote name='kelvena']Genji for ps3 should actually be ~13.37 with the 33% off clearance since its $19.96. I don't know why they would lower the price just because you were fighting with them :roll:[/quote]

They were marked 16.96 and they were in the clearance bin with every other clearance game. SO, I said they should be 33% off like everything else (since everything else came 33% off the sticker price. Actually they should adjust the price and apologize for making me wait 14 minutes for a manager to adjust it. It's called customer service. I don't understand the eye roll. I have no reason to lie about what I bought.

Just got home with some decent stock. Got the main game i was looking for

Dawn of Mana 11.19
Import Tuner Challenge $11.19
Genji: Days of the Blade $13.17
Super Mario Strikers $6.00
Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Collection $3.27

I have a CC near my work that has MP7 that im going to pick up tomorrow after work, and i think i might pick up the Bigs for PS3 as well since the 33% off makes it a way better bargain.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Collection $3.27[/quote]OK, now I'm going to have to go back out and look for this one.

[quote name='eugaet']OK, now I'm going to have to go back out and look for this one.[/quote]

Yeah i didn't care for the others but this is a 2-Disc set that completely took me by surprise because it had a 4.96 price tag on it near the PSP games and not with the other movies or clearance.

As usual, the CC on Route 22 in Union was a mess. I don't know why I even bother checking there, because I know their game selection is always poor, always disorganized, and never updated. Oh well. Got some HD-DVDs, but even with the 50% off, the prices weren't that great.

My store was pretty empty (at least for things I wanted) so I just grabbed The Outfit for 6.00. Didn't look through the PS2 stuff much. Had Project Sylpheed in my hands, put it back. Most of the other clearance 360 stuff I have bought before, at least the titles I know of that are on the list. I'd love to get Blood Money and Quake, and possibly King Kong, can't find them at my store.

Is there a complete list of clearance items? I know we composed one a few months back, but I can't for the life of me find it. I know I'd like to look through the GC stuff, if most of those games are being clearanced.

Dammit... the CC here sucks. Nothing worth picking up. I know the one back home is loaded with some of these games but they're be gone by the time I go home.:bomb:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']As usual, the CC on Route 22 in Union was a mess. I don't know why I even bother checking there, because I know their game selection is always poor, always disorganized, and never updated. Oh well. Got some HD-DVDs, but even with the 50% off, the prices weren't that great.[/quote]

I was shocked they actually alphabetized that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back