CircuitCity.com free yearlong Xbox live gold membership card w/ Xbox 360 Consoles

Prophit

CAGiversary!
CheapyD Edit: This is part of the weekly ad and is valid with all 360 systems: (Core/Premium/Elite)

Sup yall...Im drunk off my ass but decided to finally get the damn thing. Ill have to go to my grandmas house tommorow and either illegally drive my inusrance and tag-less ass 15 miles in my beat old Cadillac or get her to drive me to get it, but I got sick of waiting and *Im drunk* so I ordered the Xbox 360 Elite for pickup at the closest Circuit City in my area...and to my surprise was granted a 49.99 discount and a Xbox live gold card appeared in my order. Anyhow, Im going to try to finagle the $40 off $200 coupon into the mix tomorrow, if both work out Im livin large BOYEEEEEEE.

Wish me luck :)

[quote name='Prophit']Sup yall...Im drunk off my ass but decided to finally get the damn thing. Ill have to go to my grandmas house tommorow and either illegally drive my inusrance and tag-less ass 15 miles in my beat old Cadillac or get her to drive me to get it, but I got sick of waiting and *Im drunk* so I ordered the Xbox 360 Elite for pickup at the closest Circuit City in my area...and to my surprise was granted a 49.99 discount and a Xbox live gold card appeared in my order. Anyhow, Im going to try to finagle the $40 off $200 coupon into the mix tomorrow, if both work out Im livin large BOYEEEEEEE.

Wish me luck :)[/QUOTE]

Gets my vote as post of the year so far. I'm raising a coffee cup. Here's hoping you rope them into giving you the $40 off.

Will Best Buy match this? The reason being that I think Best Buy's warranty policy is better than CC. Is that the case?

[quote name='Optical']Will Best Buy match this? The reason being that I think Best Buy's warranty policy is better than CC. Is that the case?[/quote]

Certainly not if you state the situation as the OP did... egads.

[quote name='Optical']Will Best Buy match this? The reason being that I think Best Buy's warranty policy is better than CC. Is that the case?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're allowed to. Their policy allows them to match prices, but not promotions that involve 'free' items.

[quote name='Prophit']Sup yall...Im drunk off my ass but decided to finally get the damn thing. Ill have to go to my grandmas house tommorow and either illegally drive my inusrance and tag-less ass 15 miles in my beat old Cadillac or get her to drive me to get it, but I got sick of waiting and *Im drunk* so I ordered the Xbox 360 Elite for pickup at the closest Circuit City in my area...and to my surprise was granted a 49.99 discount and a Xbox live gold card appeared in my order. Anyhow, Im going to try to finagle the $40 off $200 coupon into the mix tomorrow, if both work out Im livin large BOYEEEEEEE.

Wish me luck :)[/quote]

Just so you all know its a free year gold membership with all 360 purchases, not just the elite. Page 18 of the weekly ad. http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/circuitcity/Default.aspx?action=entry&storeid=2498318

Lets say I get a Xbox 360 and somehow get the $40 off 200 coupon to work on my purchase. If Microsoft decides to lower the prices off the Xbox by $100 on August 1st like many are speculating, will CC then price match the new price and give me the difference? or will the coupon completely void any price-matching potential?

are you talking about getting a core model ($299.99 - $100 = $199.99)? if you're talking about getting a premium, it's still over $200 after the price drop so i don't see how the coupon would affect anything.

Too bad it's not on a game instead, or just an actual price cut. I don't care about Live (if it was free, but I can't justify the price as a yearly charge).

Plus, at this point we can't be THAT far off from a redesign that runs quieter and is more reliable, can we?

I was talking about getting a Premium and hopefully applying the $40 off 200 coupon to bring the price down to 360 or so. But if MS does indeed drop the price by $100, I wouldn't want to go back and ask for a return in price difference and then have them tell me that since I used the coupon to get a price reduction the console is no longer eligible for any other price. They always seem to find some sort of loopholes in their deals and services offered.

[quote name='slowbro']I was talking about getting a Premium and hopefully applying the $40 off 200 coupon to bring the price down to 360 or so. But if MS does indeed drop the price by $100, I wouldn't want to go back and ask for a return in price difference and then have them tell me that since I used the coupon to get a price reduction the console is no longer eligible for any other price. They always seem to find some sort of loopholes in their deals and services offered.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming from the way you've worded your posts regarding this question that you are aware that the $40 off $200 coupon states that gaming consoles are excluded, and you're hoping that your CC misses that detail and it slides through. You could always give it a shot, and if you are able to get the $40 off, leave the 360 unopened until the beginning of August. That way if there is a price drop, and CC won't let you have both discounts (No idea how this would work, but I'd guess this would be YMMV depending on how lax or strict your CC is on their promotions and refunds), worst case you could always return it for a full refund, and then just rebuy it elsewhere at the new price-dropped price. I find myself doubting you'd be able to get both discounts, but what the hell do I know?

Besides, as of right now, the price drop is just another rumor, and as much as I want it to be true, I'm pessimistic about it.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm assuming from the way you've worded your posts regarding this question that you are aware that the $40 off $200 coupon states that gaming consoles are excluded, and you're hoping that your CC misses that detail and it slides through. You could always give it a shot, and if you are able to get the $40 off, leave the 360 unopened until the beginning of August. That way if there is a price drop, and CC won't let you have both discounts (No idea how this would work, but I'd guess this would be YMMV depending on how lax or strict your CC is on their promotions and refunds), worst case you could always return it for a full refund, and then just rebuy it elsewhere at the new price-dropped price. I find myself doubting you'd be able to get both discounts, but what the hell do I know?

Besides, as of right now, the price drop is just another rumor, and as much as I want it to be true, I'm pessimistic about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah this deal does seem to be of the YMMV variety, but a lot of people in the other thread have been able to use the coupon to discount the price of PS3. I'll probably end up just buying the system for retail value and hold out in hopes of a price drop within the next 30 days. I was already planning on purchasing a year of xbox live as well and since CC is currently running their free xbox live deal, the $40 off coupon isn't as important as it was last week.

I'd like to thank everyone for the support, when I win post of the year you'll all be in my acceptance speach...remember I couldnt do it without you.

Unfortunately, I got the manager upon pickup- it was a huge pain in the ass, and I felt 99% sure he wouldnt accept the coupon so I didnt bother trying to use it. After waiting 15-20 minutes (with Grandma), and after several hushed conversations with employees, he finally was able to locate my order. I didn't have the fortitude to attempt to use what I personally know to be an invalid coupon at that time, for which I apologize to my fellow CAGers. I know I let you down, it won't happen again.

And yes, Grandma did drive me, after which we enjoyed a fine meal at the local diner. You have got to love Grandmas. My car is a humongous pita and I live in a city where mass transit makes it more of a liability than an asset, but I did pay my reg fees for the concerned citizen lambasting my financial choices. I havn't gotten it smogged yet this time around and I practically never drive thus the lack of insurance and valid tags.

Hahahahha. At a party the other night me and my friend were joking about how I would wake up the next morning wtih a 360 (I don't want one) and my friend would wake up with a 2nd 360... so we decided it would be best to leave our credit cards at home from then on. Funny to see it actually happend to you. Rofl.

I pulled the trigger on this deal when it was still in stock online. My elite is in-transit and should arrive on Friday (longest week ever). I didn't try the $40 off coupon but I did use my Discover card for 5% cashback. Since CC has a 30 day price guarantee, if the price drops by mid-August I should be able to get an adjustment (however I noticed on the receipt that it says my 360 was $430.00 and my gold card was $49.99).

Anyway, I have gears of war, guitar hero 2 and a play and charge kit all ready to go... now I just need to wait for the box to arrive. I plan on spending the next 36 hours clicking refresh on the FedEx tracking page. :wall:

aaaaandddd......i am now officially pissed. bought my 360 last month. and my

ONE MONTH trial just expired today. God dang you CC, dang you to heck!

Thanks for the hate Super D tell your boyfriend DX Im always ready for more...:applause:

And what gave you the impression Im underage? Comsumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under the age of 21 is illegal...:lol: anyhow how many underage drinkers do you know that are capable of still typing a fairly legible post at 5:00 AM after a hard core drinking binge? Ive never met one.

[quote name='DX']Maybe you should take that money you used on a VIDEOGAME CONSOLE and register your damn car.[/QUOTE]
No one else noticed that he was drunk off his ass at 8 in the morning?

bread's done
Back