Civ 4- CAG PitBoss Game! Game is over, victory to Jesse Dylan!

Huh, so here's why it might be taking forever.

Apparently the server went into some kind of downtime power thing, killing the game. I'll reboot it now.

If this stuff ever happens, just toss me a PM here and I'll get right to fixing it.

Ah yeah that's right! I did put in my e-mail. I hope I put it under the right spot.

[quote name='leahthevegan']The best part about Playyourturn is that we can see everyone obsessively logging in to check on their game. :)[/QUOTE]

HA, does it show that?? :) I think I've only logged in twice, but I also logged back into the actual game just to check on things. Who knows why. Hoping I could redo what I screwed up. :p

_______

By the by, I had a game against CPUs I was almost done with. Booted it up at 11:30 last night, even though it was bed time, thinking I'd play a few turns. About 2:30 I won. But, instead of quitting, I kept going, because I wanted to culturally take over every single city. At 3:30 I said screw it and began producing military units to take over the remaining few cities. At 5 I said "THIS IS MADNESS!" and exited to desktop and passed out.

[quote name='Logain8955']Huh, so here's why it might be taking forever.

Apparently the server went into some kind of downtime power thing, killing the game. I'll reboot it now.

If this stuff ever happens, just toss me a PM here and I'll get right to fixing it.[/QUOTE]

So everyone already took their turn? :s Or did it just skip the stragglers?

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']
HA, does it show that?? :) I think I've only logged in twice, but I also logged back into the actual game just to check on things. Who knows why. Hoping I could redo what I screwed up. :p[/quote]

Yeah, it shows all the events on the server, including logins.

So everyone already took their turn? :s Or did it just skip the stragglers?

It didn't skip or end anything. I should be able to recover from the last time someone ended a turn.

I am having trouble logging into Gamespy through the game (i can log in from the website just fine...). Also, i will be gone Jan 17-Jan 24 on vacation...so i dunno if you want to take me off for now, or let the computer play my spot for now...up to you guys!

[quote name='humidore']I am having trouble logging into Gamespy through the game (i can log in from the website just fine...)[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem, and had to create an account through the game at the login prompt. I used the same Gamespy name I already had through the website and after I did that it was fine. I don't know why the game interface wouldn't pick up the website account info....(shrugs)..

I think I've only logged in twice, but I also logged back into the actual game just to check on things. Who knows why. Hoping I could redo what I screwed up. :p
[/QUOTE]

Ha, nice try--I do believe you're currently in the lead, Mr Sandbagger! :)

Playyourturn shows me logging in a million times and now I'm dead. For the record, I haven't logged in since before I made the joke about obsessively logging in.

[quote name='humidore']I am having trouble logging into Gamespy through the game (i can log in from the website just fine...). Also, i will be gone Jan 17-Jan 24 on vacation...so i dunno if you want to take me off for now, or let the computer play my spot for now...up to you guys![/QUOTE]

If you login and get setup, then it will just skip you for the next week.

[quote name='leahthevegan']Playyourturn shows me logging in a million times and now I'm dead. For the record, I haven't logged in since before I made the joke about obsessively logging in.[/QUOTE]

!! When you log into the game itself does it show you as dead??

[quote name='keithp']I had the same problem, and had to create an account through the game at the login prompt. I used the same Gamespy name I already had through the website and after I did that it was fine. I don't know why the game interface wouldn't pick up the website account info....(shrugs)..

Ha, nice try--I do believe you're currently in the lead, Mr Sandbagger! :)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the lead probably for making dumb decisions no one else would make. :)

Anyway, I also had the above difficulty!

Yeah, I say if people haven't gotten setup by tomorrow afternoon (a.k.a: when I get off work) that we set them to AI so we can get moving.

[quote name='leahthevegan']I haven't logged in to check. I'm sure it's fine. Playyourturn is just wonky.[/QUOTE]

My army of Fast Workers came and built you into a cottage with no door and your people all died without you!

I'm now using your score freakout Leah to check and see if the server's still running appropriatly.

If it's spasming like a kid who's watched the special seizure edition of pokemon, then I know it's still good!

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']My army of Fast Workers came and built you into a cottage with no door and your people all died without you![/QUOTE]

I used my Firestarter mind powers and smote you. You're dead, too.

Ok, it's been bloody long enough. 72 hours is more than enough time.

Setting Trey and Humidore to AI and turning "Take Over AI" on if I can.

Gods damnit, I can't reset people to AI, which is stopping all this.

Making a new game, we need to restart. I'll be setting Trey and Humidore to AI to begin with, then they can take over the AI later.

Hopefully this time around we can get at least one turn done.

All login details will be the same as the previous game.

New PlayYourTurn.com link:

http://www.playyourturn.com/?page_id=17&gameID=49

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the advanced start set up differently on the new game? My area seemed way different than on the other game.

Are we supposed to do anything different with the advanced start than playing single player?

[quote name='leahthevegan']Was the advanced start set up differently on the new game? My area seemed way different than on the other game.

Are we supposed to do anything different with the advanced start than playing single player?[/QUOTE]

No, that's just from the new map, since it generated a new one. It'll just happen. Like, I had some Gold and nice hills around my old one, this one just has some Corn :(

The only thing Advanced Start does is make the earlier turns faster. Gives you some cities and some tech, bout it.

I just logged in to take my turn but I don't see the "Cheap Ass Pitboss" game listed --did the server go offline Logain? :cry:

[quote name='keithp']I just logged in to take my turn but I don't see the "Cheap Ass Pitboss" game listed --did the server go offline Logain? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bloody thing gets kicked every so often.

Server is back up now.

If the server's not available, please PM me instead of posting in the thread. PMs are much easier to see and will alert me quicker.

Edit: Gamespy apparently just does this with PB games. I'll try to look after it a bit more.

I'm confused. I logged in late last night to take my turn, did it, and logged in again just now to see if it was time for turn 2 yet... and I had to take turn 1 again.

:(

Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I'm confused. I logged in late last night to take my turn, did it, and logged in again just now to see if it was time for turn 2 yet... and I had to take turn 1 again.

:(

Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

I probably loaded the wrong backup save when I rebooted the server....kinda hard to get around all the menus while rocking it keyboard only.

I'll have to see if I can get a cheap mouse at big lots or something. Sorry bout that.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Oh, that's okay! I just thought maybe I was doing somethign wrong![/QUOTE]

Haha, don't worry about it.

As long as you play your turn and hit "End Turn", you're all good. 97% of everything else is on my end =)

[quote name='Logain8955']Yeah, bloody thing gets kicked every so often.

Server is back up now.

If the server's not available, please PM me instead of posting in the thread. PMs are much easier to see and will alert me quicker.

Edit: Gamespy apparently just does this with PB games. I'll try to look after it a bit more.[/QUOTE]

Ok, PM sent. I guess I'm not meant to play my turn today...

[quote name='keithp']Ok, PM sent. I guess I'm not meant to play my turn today...[/QUOTE]

Gods damnit! Fracking Gamespy.

This is not working. I'll have to figure out something else. We might end up using Hamachi or doing DirectIP.

Well, after looking, we can use Hamachi.

It's basically a VPN program, it creates a "Virtual" LAN for people to use.

However, it has all the same downfalls as a LAN. More easily spread viruses, less security. It would grant access to the computer while Hamachi is running, unless you have all your sharing turned off and firewalled.

If we were to do this, all players should have a good firewall and AV.

Also, I'd want some time to clean out the server better, data files and personal info. I'm kind of paranoid regarding this kind of stuff.

Edit: No no no no no no no! Hamachi is throwing up 19 kinds of red flags in the back of my mind. After reading a bunch more, I'm very unconvinced that doing this won't put me more at risk. Sorry, but Hamachi's a no-go.

I'll see if I can get DirectIP working.

[quote name='Megazell']Not sure if this will help but perhaps this site has some answers?

http://www.civfanatics.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've been using a thread on there to get this going :)

We should be good to use DirectIP now. Here are the login instructions.

1: In the Civ 4 Main Menu go to Multiplayer then Direct IP Connection.

2: In the lower right section, it has an IP entry bar and game password. Input the same password as the Internet version. The IP will be PMed to players.

3: Play as usual!

If anyone has issues, let me know.

Edit: This is the same game as the Internet one, so no data has been lost.

Ok thanks. Hopefully this goes smoother! (And anything that confuses Jesse is good--keep him occupied while I build up the invasion army! Hehe..)

You weren't waiting on me, were you? I just logged in and my first turn was done already just like I left it on our Gamespy fail game. :)

Are we still using that playyourturn site?

Is Leahthevegan married?

-JessetheHungryforVeganFood

Is Leahthevegan married?

-JessetheHungryforVeganFood[/QUOTE]

I'm taken, but with my video game addiction, I wouldn't have time to cook for you anyway.

We're still waiting on Mike to take his turn.

Mike, please login to the game and take your turn so we can start. It's now been a full week and it's still not started.

Unfortunatly, it is too late, Ernie. We can put you on as an alternate if someone drops though.

Server access will be spotty for the time being, the storms in Southern California finally knocked out my internet for a short time, might be continuing. If you can't access it, just wait a few min, 5-10.

Holy crap, I just took turn 2.

I think I see mikespit already. Unfortunately, my scouts, whom I foolishly automated, ran the opposite direction, toward the sea. Nice, guys. Explore that empty coastline.

bread's done
Back