Civ 4- CAG PitBoss Game! Game is over, victory to Jesse Dylan!

When you play a single player game, you get a feed of what's going on. Like, when someone discovers something. Is there anyway to have that in multiplayer?

[quote name='leahthevegan']When you play a single player game, you get a feed of what's going on. Like, when someone discovers something. Is there anyway to have that in multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I think it'll say Wonders and the such, but that's about it.

So secretive...

Well, you won't know all the havoc I'm raising! My men in huts with metal tools have used their Buddha-mind to create nukes! But we're also researching pacifism, so we won't use them. No worries.

Finally finished a single player game (on chieftain) and won. Wow that takes a while (i did a time win, almost had a space ship in time too)...I almost get city management, except when the city is starving (how do i go about fixing this). I try re-allocating citizens/special citizens (like taking them away so there's less people eating), but that doesn't seem to affect the bread.

And these villages are killing me...really, more scouts?

Eh? More scouts?

With the whole starvation thing, I think (but don't know) that the key involves using the full city screen section where it shows where people are allocated (i.e. field, mine, farm). You'll want to find ways to take them off the hammers and coins and get as many people on bread as possible. Or, you can just let them starve, and eventually the population will stabilize. You could try just clicking the "prevent growth" button (I think there's something like that). Then they might starve a population point down but probably stabilize after that.

Feel free to correct me.

As for both having to be logged in for diplomacy, that seems like it is unlikely to ever happen. So we sort of have to live without diplomacy?

Your starvation problems is either from pollution or unrest. If its unrest, your citizens go on strike, and you lose production and hammers - build buildings that give you happiness or raise your culture level. If pollution is greater than health, it will eat into your food supply, hampering growth and eventually causing starvation. Build buildings that increase health (like aquaducts and public transportation), and try and acquire resources give health bonus' (clams, cows, pigs, ect.)

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I think the server is napping. I haven't been able to connect today, unless it's something on my end.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't get on this morning, haven't tried since..

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I think the server is napping. I haven't been able to connect today, unless it's something on my end.[/QUOTE]

Huh, weird. I have an old saitek eclipse keyboard hooked up to it, always thought if keyboard was lit, server was okay, haha.

I'll look into it.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So I didn't miss a turn? :D haha I'm so anal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I logged on last night and it still wasn't time for me to take another turn, so you're probably good.

2nd game should be ready to host. Need another headsup on players. If you can include leader/civ you'd like to be, that'd be awesome.

Have so far:
myself
wisoka
ernie

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']It'll come out about the time we finish out pitboss game. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was thinking the same thing :D

[quote name='leahthevegan']Me too. This sure doesn't feel very multi-player.[/QUOTE]

Well it is early, maybe by the time we're all on top of each other it'll feel mulitplayer. And I just read that a normal game of Civ 4 has 500 turns--that means our game could potentially last 14 months?!! Wow.

[quote name='keithp']Well it is early, maybe by the time we're all on top of each other it'll feel mulitplayer. And I just read that a normal game of Civ 4 has 500 turns--that means our game could potentially last 14 months?!! Wow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought that normal games were faster. I'm used to playing Marathon, haha.

If we want, we can drop the turn timer down from 24 hours. That'd be something we'd need to take a vote on though.

Alrighty, we'll keep it at 24 hours. I like the once a day login too, I typically do it as part of the morning ritual.

Wake up
Poop
Civ
Caffiene!

Looks like the server just crashed while it was ending a turn.

Rebooting it now.

And Leah, don't think I don't see what you're doin :p

Uh oh. Is Leah getting all aggressive? :S

My Civ IV is doing weird things. Yesterday (or maybe the day before), it had put itself back into fullscreen mode and had deleted the IP address for the Pitboss server.

Now, today, it had turned music back on again.

And it always tells me the voice capture device I've selected is missing. (That's true, it is missing, but Goddang I wish I could UNSELECT IT so it shuts up.)

What a PITA.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']

My Civ IV is doing weird things. Yesterday (or maybe the day before), it had put itself back into fullscreen mode and had deleted the IP address for the Pitboss server.

[/QUOTE]

I think that was due to the reboot. Looking back over everything, I don't think it had crashed. Rather, I've had connection problems when you were on the server at the same time, then as it was shutting down I saw you were on.....so I think while I was playing, you connected, making me think it was crashed, rebooting it, kicking you.

Gotta love technology.

[quote name='Logain8955']I think that was due to the reboot. Looking back over everything, I don't think it had crashed. Rather, I've had connection problems when you were on the server at the same time, then as it was shutting down I saw you were on.....so I think while I was playing, you connected, making me think it was crashed, rebooting it, kicking you.

Gotta love technology.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, yeah, yeah, that's one way to stop Jesse from winning! ;)

Ha! And here I was cursing my DSL connection! I thought for sure I was screwing someone else up, so I gave up and decided to connect elsewhere. Glad to know it wasn't me after all. :)

Haha, I know the feeling, Trey.

I was getting concerned last week when I was down at the bottom of the pack, then I was able to get a few Wonders done and I'm just below Jesse. Things'll be pretty back and forth, especially right now. Just gotta keep pluggin!

I'm just glad i was able to find some more villages that didn't throw more scouts at me!

Does building roads to cities in other civs you have open borders with help trade? It already shows my city is trading with another, but I wondered if roads do anything else (other than quicker movement)?

bread's done
Back