Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword $14.99 @ CC.com

rennervision

CAGiversary!
Anyone who has it able to tell me if either expansion is worth it?

I always felt that there was so much to the Civ games that the expands didn't really add too much.. But time I've put into Civ 4 recently, and the prices make me tempted to try them.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Anyone who has it able to tell me if either expansion is worth it?

I always felt that there was so much to the Civ games that the expands didn't really add too much.. But time I've put into Civ 4 recently, and the prices make me tempted to try them.[/quote]

In a word...YES!!!

The Zombie Scenario is teh awesome!

This was the first time I actually waited for the sale. Usually when a Civ expansion comes out, I'll buy it day 1 and then in a week or two I'll see a sale like this from another retailer. I waited this time and how long did it take? Two weeks? Great deal. Plus I was able to trade Warlords on Goozex quickly for a good amount of points. Other than the scenarios, all the Warlords content is on this one.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Anyone who has it able to tell me if either expansion is worth it?

I always felt that there was so much to the Civ games that the expands didn't really add too much.. But time I've put into Civ 4 recently, and the prices make me tempted to try them.[/QUOTE]

Warlords was an alright expansion, nothing too major.

Beyond the Sword adds an insane amount of stuff. New Espionage system, New Corporation system, Random events, the prerequisite techs and civs, new units, etc etc.

I picked it up at the sale, and would have paid full for it. It's awesome.

do you need the full game to install this new expansion or is it standalone? I was looking at the box at Target and it didn't say either way ?!?!

2 votes for it.. I may have to tough it up and buy it...I've spent way too much on gamey stuff lately.. but half off...

Curse you CAG, for all the fantastic deals... :whistle2:(

[quote name='Logain8955']Warlords was an alright expansion, nothing too major.

Beyond the Sword adds an insane amount of stuff. New Espionage system, New Corporation system, Random events, the prerequisite techs and civs, new units, etc etc.

I picked it up at the sale, and would have paid full for it. It's awesome.[/quote]

I hate CC. I can't count the number of times I wanted to buy a sale item from them and they didn't have it. I went into the store on Monday morning, the PC games section was a mess and I couldn't find this game anywhere. Of course I couldn't get any help either. Now it's "sold out" online and in stores. What BS. When will CC go out of business and make room for a real company?

I have only had Beyond The Sword for a few days but it is one of the best expansions I have played for any game. Well worth the money if you are a Civ 4 fan

You basically don't need Warlords. Beyond the Sword includes all the main game content Warlords added (Great warlords, new civs and leaders, new units, and so on), so buying Warlords would just get you a few scenarios.

There's a ZOMBIE scenario!?! Geez, as if I didn't want Civilization 4 enough already :D

[quote name='adidas']if CC doesnt have it bring the ad to best buy and price match it[/QUOTE]

That's YMMV at best. AFAIK they always call to check if it's in stock at the other store-even if they're on the phone, tying up the checkout line for 20 minutes.

[quote name='Wolfpup']There's a ZOMBIE scenario!?! Geez, as if I didn't want Civilization 4 enough already :D

That's YMMV at best. AFAIK they always call to check if it's in stock at the other store-even if they're on the phone, tying up the checkout line for 20 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, at my best buy, they never call the store, and I never even have to bring the ad. They usually look it up online or through some other system, and I get my price match almost immediately.

Also, I picked up the expansion but haven't really had time to dig into it. The zombie scenario is some kind of futuristic zombie thing though.

bread's done
Back