Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Yep, just saw Vics post. That makes sense and is only 2.5 weeks away.[/QUOTE]

sadly all my time will be with THE DENPA MEN 2

[quote name='Seraphinianus']Will this be $29.99 on PSN?

edit: nm, i see it's $24.99[/QUOTE]

Yep, $24.99, which isn't too bad considering new PSP games recently released were $29.99 I believe? Though some were $19.99.

[quote name='SynGamer']Yep, $24.99, which isn't too bad considering new PSP games recently released were $29.99 I believe? Though some were $19.99.[/QUOTE]

at that price it makes me glad to pay 34.99 for the combo. 10 dollars for a limited release physical copy of psp seems worth it in my book.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']at that price it makes me glad to pay 34.99 for the combo. 10 dollars for a limited release physical copy of psp seems worth it in my book.[/QUOTE]

We paid $36.99, but I know what you mean :)

[quote name='slidecage']people seling them on ebay for 19.99[/QUOTE]

The eBay price for this is going to plummet once everyone else starts to sell their code. I know I plan to sell mine.

[quote name='Vinny']The eBay price for this is going to plummet once everyone else starts to sell their code. I know I plan to sell mine.[/QUOTE]

Really? I guess. Conversely, I'm going to sell my UMD, and use my code.

[quote name='callmewoof']Really? I guess. Conversely, I'm going to sell my UMD, and use my code.[/QUOTE]

at the very least, resellers will be selling both their phys copies and codes for max profit. and I imagine a lot of resellers bought this up.

Probably. I just wanted the PSN code, and I'm banking that somewhere along the line I can recoup at least the money spent on the UMD and a little past. Not trying to make a huge profit, just trying to minimize the cost of the game in the long run. Plus, it helps developers who try to bring games like this to US.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who will flip both but a lot of people (like myself) only want the physical copy. The physical release will hold its value, since we know there are only 2,700 copies available. But the digital codes are in unlimited supply and can be purchased at any time. I'm guessing a substantial portion are going to dump their codes due to one reason or another.

I'm actually wondering how badly PSN sales are going to be cannibalized by this...

[quote name='Vinny']I'm sure there are plenty of people who will flip both but a lot of people (like myself) only want the physical copy. The physical release will hold its value, since we know there are only 2,700 copies available. But the digital codes are in unlimited supply and can be purchased at any time. I'm guessing a substantial portion are going to dump their codes due to one reason or another.

I'm actually wondering how badly PSN sales are going to be cannibalized by this...[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will be cannibalized as badly as you think. The digital codes will be available June 4th, however, the physical copies likely won't ship out until end of June at the earliest, so I can see people being impatient and redeeming the digital code before they get the physical copy. That's what I'll be doing :)

yah i ordered two of the games. going to keep one sealed play other and sell both codes for what i paid for the one set so 18.50 each.

Did anyone get their copy yet? I got an email saying it shipped on April 29th but nothing =/
I tried looking at the tracking information and nothing is listed.

[quote name='darkhado666']Did anyone get their copy yet? I got an email saying it shipped on April 29th but nothing =/
I tried looking at the tracking information and nothing is listed.[/QUOTE]
This has already been established they won't be sent out until 4-6 weeks as of around May 8th.

[quote name='gauu']yah i ordered two of the games. going to keep one sealed play other and sell both codes for what i paid for the one set so 18.50 each.[/QUOTE]

should of said something eariler would of gave u 20 for a code

onlly wanted the codes and never thought about people buying more then 1...... o well

now im starting to worry even about buying this game

off gamefaqs

Essentially, the person claimed that the game was "Broken", all "voice acting was removed", "intro video was missing", and something along the lines of "half of the time the EXP gained in a battle just disappears", and that the game should be "avoided until these issues are fixed".

I wonder if someone got a bit worried that their press code went to an unauthorized person who is criticizing the game? Seems fishy to me.

Edit - And now the user's account is "On Parole" at GameFaqs. It keeps getting weirder.

what does vic say about this

Well, the Japanese PSP version only had spot voice on the title screen and a few other places, so there was no voice acting to remove, the intro we know about and it's coming back, the EXP I have no idea - all my characters leveled fine. And if there are issues we can fix, they'll be fixed when we patch the opening back in. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

if there is a nasty EXP BUG they game should of never passed QA going to be fun to see if these bugs are in the game and love to see how many chargebacks they are hit with instead of waiting for a patch like normal person would

Boo hoo my game is busted ... I bust you in the face with a broom you stupid son of a ..........:)

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I stopped reading when you said Gamefaqs[/QUOTE]

Well Gamefaqs really is essentially the Slidecage of the internet gaming sites...

The intro HAD to be removed for Licensing reasons.(And they are trying to work it out) Same with the voice acting if there ever was any.

And how can people be complaining about it when it's not even out yet?

[quote name='MrBonk']The intro HAD to be removed for Licensing reasons.(And they are trying to work it out) Same with the voice acting if there ever was any.

And how can people be complaining about it when it's not even out yet?[/QUOTE]

press copies

[quote name='alexkidd4']Anyone receive their Physical copy yet?[/QUOTE]

We won't be getting those until roughly the end of June/early July.

[quote name='alexkidd4']Anyone receive their Physical copy yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the physical copies won't be sent out until the end of June.

However, for those who ordered the P+D bundle for COH2, Vic posted that the codes will be sent at midnight EST tonight and it will be live for those that want to download it immediately.

[quote name='worrybomb']Yeah the physical copies won't be sent out until the end of June.

However, for those who ordered the P+D bundle for COH2, Vic posted that the codes will be sent at midnight EST tonight and it will be live for those that want to download it immediately.[/QUOTE]

Wonder what he is talking about about

Class of Heroes 2 PSN download codes will be sent out tonight at Midnight EST for those that got in on the physical+digital presale and can be redeemed for download immediately.

and then says

Won't be on PSN to buy until Tuesday afternoon, whenever the update completes.

Sony only updates once a week so how they hell can the game be on the server at midnight when they wont even add it into the network till the update

[quote name='slidecage']Wonder what he is talking about about

Class of Heroes 2 PSN download codes will be sent out tonight at Midnight EST for those that got in on the physical+digital presale and can be redeemed for download immediately.

and then says

Won't be on PSN to buy until Tuesday afternoon, whenever the update completes.

Sony only updates once a week so how they hell can the game be on the server at midnight when they wont even add it into the network till the update[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind press codes were able to be downloaded last week, so perhaps they are doing something similar for our codes, for those of us who bought the P+D. Then everyone else would have to wait to buy the game when it's actually released on PSN later tomorrow?

[quote name='SynGamer']Keep in mind press codes were able to be downloaded last week, so perhaps they are doing something similar for our codes, for those of us who bought the P+D. Then everyone else would have to wait to buy the game when it's actually released on PSN later tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

so mostly the game is there right now but only by code........ never thought of that......

Why is that? You already have the digital download code for the game. It's not like not having the UMD is preventing you from playing.

....because people might not of backed the project if they felt like he wasn't going to be able to meet the deadlines he projected?

....because people might not of backed the project if they felt like he wasn't going to be able to meet the deadlines he projected?
He never gave a specific release date for the UMD and was pretty clear that various factors outside of his control (i.e. Sony) could impact it significantly. Everyone already has the actual game to keep them occupied, so I'm not seeing the issue.

It's my understanding that the game was cleared to go until they found a recipe bug and decided to fix it before printing the discs. This means they had to resubmit the game and just are awaiting approval from Sony before they can print the UMD's. Did I get that correct?

It's my understanding that the game was cleared to go until they found a recipe bug and decided to fix it before printing the discs. This means they had to resubmit the game and just are awaiting approval from Sony before they can print the UMD's. Did I get that correct?
Yup and the UMD has the intro left intact too so let's all rejoice! :)

Understood. I just downloaded the original game from PSN on my PSP Go so I might go that route to get Class of Heroes 2.

Also, it says $39.99 CDN on Videogamesplus. Does CDN stand for Canadian?
Yes, CDN is Canadian dollars, but I have ordered from Videogamesplus previously and they do ship to the US for fairly reasonable prices.

So I read on their page that they're fixing a glitch in the physical copy. Does anybody know if they're gonna fix the digital copy as well?
yes I think the digital version should have a downloadable patch. Also if someone is looking to buy the digital game it looks like the vouchers are going for about $15 on ebay

When did they originally say the physical copies were going to be sent out? I think it was 8 weeks, right?
Yeah, I also remember reading in another thread about people complaining about the delays when you deal with this guy. At least he released the digital version, and he's trying to fix the remaining issues before releasing the umd version.

Yeah, I also remember reading in another thread about people complaining about the delays when you deal with this guy. At least he released the digital version, and he's trying to fix the remaining issues before releasing the umd version.
I'm not worried about him not delivering. It's true that back during the WD days, their games were often delayed but there was always a good reason. I'd rather get a fixed copy a few weeks later than a broken copy early.

bread's done
Back