Clearance Bin Review: Giving Away: 3 copies of Ignite (PC/Steam) -Ends 11/28

3 hours left.

Even if you aren't entering in the contest I would really appreciate some feedback on the CBR Rewards idea in the op.

thank you BudzMcGee I won the contest via method 1 with posting a comment with a track idea on the site and received an e-mail saying to verify my email adress and so sent you a message via my e-mail to confirm that its my e-mail adress

[quote name='BidDaddyCake']thank you BudzMcGee I won the contest via method 1 with posting a comment with a track idea on the site and received an e-mail saying to verify my email adress and so sent you a message via my e-mail to confirm that its my e-mail adress[/QUOTE]

That was a very long sentence, but I appreciate you coming on here and mentioning that you won. I mean it, show the other CAGs who didn't enter that they probably should have! :lol:

As you may have guessed, all three winners have been sent their codes. Next for sure contest is on Wednesday when we will be doing simple contest for a whole ton of Vanquish tri-weapon codes that have been donated. (Fairly certain I'm sitting on ten of them) Then after that I believe I've got another XBLIG, and hopefully two more XBLA games. Plus a whole lot more in store for April.

Updated OP with the newest contest. Info duplicated below:

my site, ClearanceBinReview.com, is giving away 10 Tri-Weapon Pack DLC codes for Xbox. Simple prize, simple contest.

You can enter the normal two ways, commenting on the review, telling us your favorite single player only game, and following/tweeting (there is details in the review). Go here for more details. The contest will go till Friday 6pm CST.

Thanks everyone, and good luck! The contest continue!

Also, would love some feedback from you guys: I am considering starting something that we are going to call CBR Rewards, where once a month we award someone who has commented on the site with a random game or whatever; typically something worth giving. The obvious goal is to encourage people to comment on the site more, thoughts?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Entered through website, thanks. Just picked up Vanquish on my Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

As you may have gathered from my review, you're in for a good time regardless of whether or not you win.

Winners will be announced tonight, but not till a little later. Been coerced to go see Hall Pass tonight. Shouldn't be too late, just won't be able to sit down and pool all the entries till later is all.

All the winners have been notified. Those with twitters listed have been DM'd and those with emails have been sent an email for confirmation. Thanks everyone for entering, more contest soon!

Updated OP with newest contest, info again:

my site, ClearanceBinReview.com, is giving away 3 copies of the XBLIG Trivia or Die.

You can enter the normal two ways, commenting on the XBLIG Spotlight, sharing some random fact or trivia that you know, and following/tweeting (there is details in the spotlight). Go here for more details. The contest will go till Wednesday 6pm CST.

Also, would love some feedback from you guys: I am considering starting something that we are going to call CBR Rewards, where once a month we award someone who has commented on the site with a random game or whatever; typically something worth giving. The obvious goal is to encourage people to comment on the site more, thoughts?

Less than 30 minutes to get your entries in.

And then just a heads up, tonight CBR will be changing its internal link structure; this will be best long term and is ultimately necessary, but any previous links will no longer work.

Winners have been messaged and surprise, apparently the links still work. Wouldn't have guessed. Next contest is probably coming in just a couple of hours.

It never ends! OP has been updated with the current contest for Ghostbusters: SoS.

Repeat of OP here:
my site, ClearanceBinReview.com, is giving away Ghostbusters: SoS for XBLA. A 2nd chance for those of you that missed it when it was for free on with a Taiwan account.

You can enter the normal two ways, commenting on the review with our super scientific poll, and following/tweeting (full details in the review). Go here for more details. The contest will go till Wednesday 6pm CST.

Also, starting this Friday CBR will start to expand beyond video games with unique coverage of movies, music and more!

[quote name='maiden of haste']Entered and tweeted, there should of never been a second film!
@maidenofhaste[/QUOTE][quote name='XP1'][quote name='DJKrimz']**** I signed up yesterday and didn't get accepted. Would of loved that halo reach.
Would of gave me a reason to play my xbox.[/QUOTE]It is not "would of". It is "would have" or "would've".[/QUOTE]Same applies to "should", "could", and "must".

The more people that read this, the better. :)

Bump for free stuff!

Not going to lie, part of the reason I'm bumping this is that I'm literally less than ten unique visitors away from hitting my goal for the month with less than 16 minutes to go.

OP is updated with the newest contest.

Repeat of the OP:

My site, ClearanceBinReview.com, is giving away 5 copies of the excellent XBLIG Clover: A Curious Tale!

You can enter the normal two ways, commenting on the XBLIG Spotlight with your favorite platformer and tweeting about the contest but there are new rules and a third way to enter this time. At least two of the contest winners will be guaranteed to come from comments on the blog post, I say at least 2 because I'm not disclosing the magic number. You can also enter by liking our Facebook page and then liking the post on the page for the XBLIG Spotlight on Clover. Go here for more details. The contest will go till Wednesday 6pm CST.

Last chance to enter with only 45 minutes left, and remember, your best chances to win this time around is to comment on the site which requires no registration; just a valid email that only I will be able to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last chance to enter with only 45 minutes left, and remember, your best chances to win this time around is to comment on the site which requires no registration; just a valid email that only I will be able to see.

Updated the OP with information on the new ongoing promotion on the site, CBR Rewards. Check it out and please feel free to leave any feedback you might have in this thread!

(Just a quick note, we are hoping to start making prizes more frequent in the future, but for the test phase we have to see what works first. The better a response the sooner we can move on to more frequent prizes!)

Updated OP with current contest, re-posted for convenience:

Really posting about two contest on the site this time.

My site, ClearanceBinReview.com, is currently giving away a copy of the super fun XBLIG Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. There are three ways you can enter, from just posting on the XBLIG Spotlight featuring the game, to Twitter and Facebook. Contest goes till Wednesday, 8pm CST. Details here.

Also don't forget that we are going to be giving a copy of the upcoming XBLA game Yar's Revenge for the month of April in our new CBR Rewards program: where we reward one random person who has commented on our site (in a given time period) with free stuff!

Really, that's pretty much all you have to do to enter, write a meaningful comment on one of our many articles spanning a wide variety of different games and other content (excluding comments for other contest). If this goes well we will continue to do a minimum of one drawing a month for games, dlc, etc., and if it goes really well, well then we will see. But really, how many sites out there try to reward you for talking about video games? Go here for more details on CBR Rewards and Yar's Revenge.

We had some server issues this afternoon, so if you attempted to access the site and were greeted with an error, everything should be resolved. Quite frankly it is a completely mystery what happened.

Entered current contest with forum post and Facebook. Also put in a post on your site for the CBR rewards, but I'll probably be looking at other topics and posting as well. Clever idea. Thanks!

New contest updated in OP, and we are still giving away another copy of Yar's Revenge as part of CBR Rewards. OP repeated for convenience:

Really posting about two contest on the site this time.

My site, ClearanceBinReview.com, is currently giving away a copy of Yar's Revenge for XBLA. There are three ways you can enter, from just posting on the review, to Twitter and Facebook. Contest goes till Friday, 8pm CST. Details here.

Also don't forget that we are going to be giving a copy of Yar's Revenge for the month of April in our new CBR Rewards program: where we reward one random person who has commented on our site (in a given time period) with free stuff!

Really, that's pretty much all you have to do to enter, write a meaningful comment on one of our many articles spanning a wide variety of different games and other content (excluding comments for other contest). If this goes well we will continue to do a minimum of one drawing a month for games, dlc, etc., and if it goes really well, well then we will see. But really, how many sites out there try to reward you for talking about video games? Go here for more details on CBR Rewards and Yar's Revenge.

bread's done
Back