Closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Josh5890']Definately got one. Since it won't be coming out for a long time, I'll have plenty of time to save the money up.

I'm contemplating saving this and selling it down the road. I wouldn't be suprised if Amazon offers at least a $20 gaming credit for this game.[/QUOTE]

Amazon hasn't done any gaming credit promotions for collector's editions of games so this will still probably be the cheapest you get it for, minus using any game credit you may get from Amazon from ordering another game.
Normally Blizzard makes a limited amount of CE for their games (minus Burning Crusade, I remember Frys having a dump bin of those for a long while), but since they are under the Activision umbrella now, I don't know.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Amazon hasn't done any gaming credit promotions for collector's editions of games so this will still probably be the cheapest you get it for, minus using any game credit you may get from Amazon from ordering another game.
Normally Blizzard makes a limited amount of CE for their games (minus Burning Crusade, I remember Frys having a dump bin of those for a long while), but since they are under the Activision umbrella now, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

I kinda wonder...the local Best Buy still has several WOTLK CEs on sale. No discounts, mind, but it's still odd.

I just don't wanna get caught in a predicment with the "bundling" of ordering the CE with some add-on for $1. I can see the nightmares with Gamestop Customer Service. In the past we have not been good bedfellows.

What happens if you use your Edge Credit and they cancel or you cancel, how do you get your credit back? I thought there were some horror stories related to that.

I hate gamestop but I couldn't resist. Was thinking about pre-ordering earlier today but didn't want to pay $100. This just pushed me over the edge.

Thanks in for one. Worst thing that will happen is it gets canceled. I think the resell value on these should be somewhat high initially.

[quote name='BrownCracker']Ugh!! I gotta stop comming to this site! Its draining my wallet.[/QUOTE]

i know that feeling ALL TOO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just picked up the SCII CE for $74.99, WoW: Cataclysm for $29.99, and Alan Wake CE for $59.99 with that 25% coupon!

[quote name='jr8rulz']i know that feeling ALL TOO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

For realz, I went with Starcraft 2 and Picross 3d to get that 25off deal.

So to be clear:

Their site says I won't be billed until the game is processed for shipping.

What about the .99 filler game I added? That's available now, so it'll ship now. Will they charge me the full amount or just the .99+tax for the filler game?

I placed an order earlier for 2 of them with the ENT20 coupon, but then I seen the 25off coupon, so I canceled my first order to replace it to save an extra $10. Now it's telling me that my maximum quantity has been ordered even though I canceled the first order, and won't let me make a new order? Any advice?

Unfortunately once the system sees that you've met the limit for a certain item, it locks you out from repurchasing, even if you canceled the original order. I guess your only option is to call GS.com and explain your situation, otherwise I don't think the system 'forgets' those canceled orders.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I placed an order earlier for 2 of them with the ENT20 coupon, but then I seen the 25off coupon, so I canceled my first order to replace it to save an extra $10. Now it's telling me that my maximum quantity has been ordered even though I canceled the first order, and won't let me make a new order? Any advice?[/QUOTE]

I had to do a repurchase after forgetting to apply my gift card to it, I just had to wait for about 10 minutes and it let me do it.

For the ones that used the 25% off code what did you order to make this over 100 bucks? I was trying to find somethign I could order for just around a buck but none of it can be ordered online. Cheapest thing I could order with it I think was some rock band drum covers.

[quote name='sendme']For the ones that used the 25% off code what did you order to make this over 100 bucks? I was trying to find somethign I could order for just around a buck but none of it can be ordered online. Cheapest thing I could order with it I think was some rock band drum covers.[/QUOTE]

I ordered two ;)

[quote name='E-Z-B']I'm going to wait a few years and get this for $40.[/QUOTE]

Probably no but good luck with that...I'm hoping amazon decides to price match this or try my luck with my friend's brother that works at Blizzard not sure yet

[quote name='crawlingpeter']It isn't letting me use any coupons with this SC2 preorder right now. Piss.[/QUOTE]
Seems to work for me...at least the 25OFF code did.

Thanks for putting the .99 games list up. I went and bought some xbox game to replace the case that came cracked with tron 2.0. I hope it is not beat to hell seeing how it is a used case. Any way after doing that I was able to say about 4 bucks. So not to bad.

Gamestop is the spawn of Satan - I'll buy from Newegg or Amazon. This collector's edition isn't going to be limited though - no way, they are going to make a killing this way- and they are going to get to sell three of them for a single game... lol, aren't we dumb.

Warhammer 40K games are better - Dawn of War Series & Dawn of War II are better than Starcraft in my book.

They are adding a $4.99 handling fee to the game. That brings my total up to $87.54. I'll just pass and wait for amazon's deal. I can get it on release day with my prime membership and not have to pay tax.

I bought E-Jay Club World for a laugh and my order was 82 bucks after tax. good enough for me unless I see a big drop from Amazon.

Also, if the WOW CE were any indication these will at least hold value.

Is this game going to retail at $59.99 for the standard edition? This is a decent deal, but most collector's editions I find pointless to own. I can't wait to play this though, I will think about it ;)

After using the 25% off code and adding overnight shipping, total cost comes out to about $97 for me. Hmmm, this or $110 for next day shipping via Amazon...

Tax and the "handling fee" :roll: bumped my order up to about 90 bucks. If I'd get the game on release I'd probably pay it but I'm sure with this deal I wont get it until a week after if I'm lucky.

Man I want to order this, but then I can't remember the last time I spent this much on a PC game, don't PC games price drop really REALLY quick?

[quote name='Denbo32']Man I want to order this, but then I can't remember the last time I spent this much on a PC game, don't PC games price drop really REALLY quick?[/QUOTE]

Blizzard games, like first party Nintendo titles, usually hold their value.

[quote name='Arakias']The listing for the CE says "Additional handling fee of $4.99 will apply". Was that there yesterday?[/QUOTE]

It was added this morning. :bomb:

For those who ordered this with a filler, I'm assuming once the filler is shipped, the order can no longer be canceled, in case Amazon comes in with a better deal later, correct?

Holy crap $100 - dear god.

I'm so glad that I will, along with everyone else, continue to support the company that fired the devs of Infinity Ward and has an ass hat of a CEO

USA Value 4.99. Where is the free shipping? Is it applied after checkout because I get the full shipping and tax value after coupon code. giving me a whopping $10 off

[quote name='friedram']Holy crap $100 - dear god.

I'm so glad that I will, along with everyone else, continue to support the company that fired the devs of Infinity Ward and has an ass hat of a CEO[/QUOTE]
Ill say it as I always tell people. Activision barely gets any monetary gain for this game. Blizzard's merger contract gives them full creative rights and barely any money made by sales of Blizzard games goes to Activision. Blizzard is protected from Kotick

i see you all have learned your lesson from the COD Modern warfare 2 debacle. If people don't blink at paying this much now, what is to keep publishers from continuing to gouge everybody. Granted it is a Blizzard game but is is ONE CAMPAIGN and all the extras ( with the exception of the flash drive) can be easily obtained by other means such as youtube or similar. Also, Blizzard is SO ESTABLISHED now compared to ten years ago. There will be a glut on the market and these will be marked down pretty quickly. Remember the HALO Special edition with the helmet. Everyone thought that was special too, well, you can find that for about 20 bucks if you look because the stores want to clear the retail space. You also see this with call of Duty MW 2. You can find the 360 version for under 40 bucks now.

[quote name='ekwalizer']i see you all have learned your lesson from the COD Modern warfare 2 debacle. If people don't blink at paying this much now, what is to keep publishers from continuing to gouge everybody. Granted it is a Blizzard game but is is ONE CAMPAIGN and all the extras ( with the exception of the flash drive) can be easily obtained by other means such as youtube or similar. Also, Blizzard is SO ESTABLISHED now compared to ten years ago. There will be a glut on the market and these will be marked down pretty quickly. Remember the HALO Special edition with the helmet. Everyone thought that was special too, well, you can find that for about 20 bucks if you look because the stores want to clear the retail space. You also see this with call of Duty MW 2. You can find the 360 version for under 40 bucks now.[/QUOTE]

Remember the WOW CE's from the last 5 years? They go for more than 20 bucks. That's a much more applicable comparison.

I'm so glad that I will, along with everyone else, continue to support the company that fired the devs of Infinity Ward and has an ass hat of a CEO[/QUOTE]

True, it's a hard pill to swallow buying a great game by a great developer published by a greedy corporate machine. I look at it more like my money supports the developer and at least keeps them making great games until Activision gets butt-hurt about something.

If EA bought Valve I'd still buy Valve games.

[quote name='RuzzT']True, it's a hard pill to swallow buying a great game by a great developer published by a greedy corporate machine. I look at it more like my money supports the developer and at least keeps them making great games until Activision gets butt-hurt about something.

If EA bought Valve I'd still buy Valve games.[/QUOTE]
Thats the way I feel but Blizzard gets pretty much every penny, leaving Activision with nothing.

On another note, ent20 also works on any other game. Just ordered 6 upcoming games for 20% less each.

Mike Morhaime didn't fire the Infinity Ward guys.....

[quote name='Timett']Tax and the "handling fee" :roll: bumped my order up to about 90 bucks. If I'd get the game on release I'd probably pay it but I'm sure with this deal I wont get it until a week after if I'm lucky.[/QUOTE]

My total price was $87.34

Much better than paying $99.99 + tax and shipping. I've been a cheapskate lately and have only been going for the cheapest shipping on everything I buy.

It'll be pretty agonizing having to wait while my friends are already playing their copies, but I'd rather save money than play early.

Since no one was able to answer my question:

To be clear: their site says I won't be billed until the game is processed for shipping.

What about the .99 filler game I added? That's available now, so it'll ship now. Will they charge me the full amount or just the .99+tax for the filler game?

Placed my order here in Georgia at 11 am and never got a S&H charge. Total was 82 and change. Which was good to begin with but even better knowing I get a rare copy of E-Jay Club World for a $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back