Closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='_Sin_']tax + "handling" kills it

f you gamestop

i still ordered it /sigh

hoping i can sell the "extras" ;)[/QUOTE]

You'll most def'ly be able to sell the WoW pet, people go crazy over that crap :lol:

[quote name='apathylad']I'm debating whether or not to order this if it doesn't even have a fixed release date. That, and my laptop isn't great.[/QUOTE]
Just order it as they may remove the listing later. If you don't want it, cancel it before it ships.

Here is what i'm wondering, I couldnt find it in any other thread before I preorder this. I heard that this isn't exactly the full version. You are only getting 1/3 of the game, the terran faction of the game. For another 60 -$100 for the zerg and protoss factions. I haven't been able to confirm this yet. If this is true then I will be cancelling my reg edition preoder and not going to be buying it or diablo 3. Any else heard this ?

$87.54 was my total $10 for "handling" and $6 for tax was crap but i was going to get this anyways might as well get a deal on it.also is there a way to tell them not to ship the $0.99 game until starcraft 2 ships. i know you can do this on amazon.Also yes Squishface that is true.

[quote name='squishface']Here is what i'm wondering, I couldnt find it in any other thread before I preorder this. I heard that this isn't exactly the full version. You are only getting 1/3 of the game, the terran faction of the game. For another 60 -$100 for the zerg and protoss factions. I haven't been able to confirm this yet. If this is true then I will be cancelling my reg edition preoder and not going to be buying it or diablo 3. Any else heard this ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is true. I think the campaigns are going to be longer though. You will also have access to all 3 races in multiplayer.

[quote name='squishface']Here is what i'm wondering, I couldnt find it in any other thread before I preorder this. I heard that this isn't exactly the full version. You are only getting 1/3 of the game, the terran faction of the game. For another 60 -$100 for the zerg and protoss factions. I haven't been able to confirm this yet. If this is true then I will be cancelling my reg edition preoder and not going to be buying it or diablo 3. Any else heard this ?[/QUOTE]

This is a gross exaggeration. You are getting the full game, it's not 1/3 of a game. They split the three factions into this game + 2 *expansions* because they wanted to tell much larger stories and didn't want to cut a bunch of missions to fit it all in one game. So this game only has the Terran campaign, but it's 29 missions long (longer than all three original StarCraft campaigns combined). It's still a full story, but more like a trilogy now. It still has all three races in multiplayer.

The other two games will be expansions and priced like expansions.

[quote name='Swift900']Blizzard games, like first party Nintendo titles, usually hold their value.[/QUOTE]

adding to this...starcraft 2 collectors edition comes with a WoW in game pet- these pets fetch a lot of money on ebay, this should definitely hold its value.

[quote name='paintball745']is the wow pet a code or will it be tied to you account like how the bonus items for aion were.[/QUOTE]

not sure, but with previous WOW collectors editions I think it was a separate code.

[quote name='paintball745']is the wow pet a code or will it be tied to you account like how the bonus items for aion were.[/QUOTE]

I garuntee it will be tied to your battlenet account. Its Blizzards way of preventing aftermarket sales.

the total was $86.09 for me....the free shipping only applied to the 0.99 game and SC2 was $4.99 :( i thought it was free shipping for both.

meh I don't really care so much about how limited it actually is cause this(the first one) is the first pc game I have ever played and I have kept coming back to it and now that the second one is out it helps to keep that "spark" alive.

[quote name='judgedee']Remember guys this is Activision publishing company we are talking about right now. If you guys don't think they're going to produce 10000000000000 copies then I am loling at you right now.

Remember how they said the "Prestige Edition" is limited.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-War..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270843150&sr=8-2

On Amazon right now for $130.00+[/QUOTE]
You do realize that Blizzard is tied to Activision in name only right? Blizzard's "Limited Edition" items have never been mass produced. Activision also has no control whatsoever over Blizzard's IPs

ya, Blizzard Collector's editions have never been like Activision titles and are rarer than most CE's. I think a lot of it has to do with the WoW pets, people pay crazy money for some of those things. I was wrong by the way, with the WoW CE's the pet was tied to the CD key and not a separate code. There will probably be a decent amount of these made, but I highly doubt you will see them at fire sale prices like most other CEs and probably will only be available right around release.

Also, with tax and handling fee I only save 10 bucks compared to Amazon, so ordered from their instead with free 2 day shipping.

The WoW item sounds like it's tied to your Battle.net account even in the description:
A World of Warcraft(R) mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account

[quote name='Arakias']The listing for the CE says "Additional handling fee of $4.99 will apply". Was that there yesterday?[/QUOTE]

They will be applying the $4.99 shipping fee retroactively to orders made before it appeared most likely, very very likely, as I've seen them do this before and even not tell people. This confirms I won't be getting this unless I see a great deal on it at Amazon. I'm going to get the regular ver, download the songs somewhere, and watch the making of on Youtube.

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']Since no one was able to answer my question:

To be clear: their site says I won't be billed until the game is processed for shipping.

What about the .99 filler game I added? That's available now, so it'll ship now. Will they charge me the full amount or just the .99+tax for the filler game?[/QUOTE]

They will charge you when each item ships, so .99 and tax on the .99 cent game now and then the rest on SC2 when it ships.

[quote name='J7.']
They will be applying the $4.99 shipping fee retroactively to orders made before it appeared most likely, very very likely, as I've seen them do this before and even not tell people. This confirms I won't be getting this unless I see a great deal on it at Amazon. I'm going to get the regular ver, download the songs somewhere, and watch the making of on Youtube.
[/QUOTE]

retroactively? They wouldn't have the balls to do that would they? Considering the invoice and receipt are sitting in my inbox...

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']Since no one was able to answer my question:

To be clear: their site says I won't be billed until the game is processed for shipping.

What about the .99 filler game I added? That's available now, so it'll ship now. Will they charge me the full amount or just the .99+tax for the filler game?[/QUOTE]

They won't. You'll pay for the portion of the purchase that's available now, and you'll be billed for the pre-orders when they ship.

[quote name='Unaki']You do realize that Blizzard is tied to Activision in name only right? Blizzard's "Limited Edition" items have never been mass produced. Activision also has no control whatsoever over Blizzard's IPs[/QUOTE]

Not name only. Activision OWNS blizzard. Yes Activision lets Blizzard work on their games as long as they want and make game decisions but when it comes to the money business. It's Activisions call.

I would get this if I was able to sell the pet on ebay but it's obviously going to be tied to the starcrafts Battle.net account.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Not name only. Activision OWNS blizzard. Yes Activision lets Blizzard work on their games as long as they want and make game decisions but when it comes to the money business. It's Activisions call.[/QUOTE]

Uh, no. Vivendi owns a 51% share of the Activision-Blizzard company. If anything, Blizzard owns Activision.

I find it funny that people think this is a good deal. This is Starcraft 2 (1/3) There will be 2 more of these and Blizzard will have to open another office just to compile how much money they made off this BS.

I used to like Blizzard, that is before WoW made them greedy fuckers.

I was one of the ones complaining about that in the other thread... I want to correct myself, after further reading up on it, and people pointing it out, it appears they're not really ripping us off, or cheating us out of any content, instead they're putting out a full campaign for the terran, along with the full multiplayer experience, and will put out 2 other full campaigns for zerg and protoss.

Now that I know this though, I'm more at ease about buying the full original game, and less at ease about buying the expansions... I don't care much for the campaign, I spent hundreds of hours playing multiplayer though, so I'm hoping that for those 2 expansions they'll put some new unit types or something to add more variety to the multiplayer (maybe they'll introduce these new unit types thru the other two campaigns, would be perfect/awesome). We'll see what happens though, but yeah, can't see myself buying the expansions just for more campaign, unless of course the terran campaign leaves me craving more (which actually, it probably will, which'll make me buy the other two expansions for the full experience... hmm).

Lmao, anyways, everything is speculation at this point. Can't wait for this game regardless.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I was one of the ones complaining about that in the other thread... I want to correct myself, after further reading up on it, and people pointing it out, it appears they're not really ripping us off, or cheating us out of any content, instead they're putting out a full campaign for the terran, along with the full multiplayer experience, and will put out 2 other full campaigns for zerg and protoss.

Now that I know this though, I'm more at ease about buying the full original game, and less at ease about buying the expansions... I don't care much for the campaign, I spent hundreds of hours playing multiplayer though, so I'm hoping that for those 2 expansions they'll put some new unit types or something to add more variety to the multiplayer (maybe they'll introduce these new unit types thru the other two campaigns, would be perfect/awesome). We'll see what happens though, but yeah, can't see myself buying the expansions just for more campaign, unless of course the terran campaign leaves me craving more (which actually, it probably will, which'll make me buy the other two expansions for the full experience... hmm).

Lmao, anyways, everything is speculation at this point. Can't wait for this game regardless.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they said somewhere the two expansions will include new units in multiplayer (this is what they've always done in any case ever since the original Brood War, so there's really no reason to think otherwise). Like you said, to leave multiplayer the same kind of defeats the purpose of buying the expansions for people who only care about multiplayer.

Ordered 2, They wanted $15 for value shipping or $22 for Overnight so I just did overnight. Each was like $87 after tax and shipping which isn't bad at all.

[quote name='paintball745']$87.54 was my total $10 for "handling" and $6 for tax was crap but i was going to get this anyways might as well get a deal on it.also is there a way to tell them not to ship the $0.99 game until starcraft 2 ships. i know you can do this on amazon.Also yes Squishface that is true.[/QUOTE]

I canceled the $0.99 cent game and the order still has it listed with the 25% off coupon.

[quote name='Warlock82']Uh, no. Vivendi owns a 51% share of the Activision-Blizzard company. If anything, Blizzard owns Activision.[/QUOTE]
But like Ive been stating, the contract that Blizzard and Activision signed allows Blizzard full creative and distribution rights. This means they can do whatever the hell they want with their own stuff without Kotick trying to butt in. (We all know he wants to milk Blizzard for everything they have)

Tax and no free shipping killed the deal. I'll stick with my Amazon preorder where they'll most likely add some kind of gift card down the road.

Well I couldn't get free shipping and the tax sucks but hey its freakiin' SCII and Blizzard. Thx OP. Can always cancel I guess.

[quote name='modpoetgod']this game's been delayed so much they should pay us to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Can't delay a game that never had a release date. Anyways it is Blizzard, they are done when they are done and no one tells them what to do.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']retroactively? They wouldn't have the balls to do that would they? Considering the invoice and receipt are sitting in my inbox...[/QUOTE]

They did it before, I can personally remember they did it to me with MGS 4.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I find it funny that people think this is a good deal. This is Starcraft 2 (1/3) There will be 2 more of these and Blizzard will have to open another office just to compile how much money they made off this BS.

I used to like Blizzard, that is before WoW made them greedy fuckers.[/QUOTE]

Who's to say there won't be 3 more... meaning a Starcraft 2 Battlechest Collectors Edition that comes out when the 3rd campaign/expansion pack does or shortly after that... The UBER definitive CE for SC 2. You bought the first 3 now get ready for the last!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I was one of the ones complaining about that in the other thread... I want to correct myself, after further reading up on it, and people pointing it out, it appears they're not really ripping us off, or cheating us out of any content, instead they're putting out a full campaign for the terran, along with the full multiplayer experience, and will put out 2 other full campaigns for zerg and protoss.

Lmao, anyways, everything is speculation at this point. Can't wait for this game regardless.[/QUOTE]
I would bet money that the two expansions also include new enemy types and maybe even other new things or upgrades. So effectively if you want the full single OR multiplayer experience you'll be buying all 3 games.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']How are people getting free shipping and no tax? I usually never get tax online in Florida.[/QUOTE]
You don't live near a distribution center. Most online vendors charge tax if you live somewhat close to a distribution warehouse. I live literally 15 miles from a gamestop AND Amazon center. With Amazon, I get overnight shipping even if I pick super saver :p

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']They won't. You'll pay for the portion of the purchase that's available now, and you'll be billed for the pre-orders when they ship.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Now I know.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! /gijoe

[quote name='_Sin_']tax + "handling" kills it

f you gamestop

i still ordered it /sigh

hoping i can sell the "extras" ;)[/QUOTE]

How does it "kill" it. I agree seeing some random BS charge and having to pay tax sucks since we're all spoiled but its still a savings of about ~$15.00. The most i see Amazon doing is throwing in a $20 game credit with their pre-order but personally, i like cash savings more.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I find it funny that people think this is a good deal. This is Starcraft 2 (1/3) There will be 2 more of these and Blizzard will have to open another office just to compile how much money they made off this BS.

I used to like Blizzard, that is before WoW made them greedy fuckers.[/QUOTE]

The single player campaign of this one title will be longer than all 3 campaigns from the original and it still has all 3 factions fully playable for multiplayer which is what i'd guess most people care about so i really fail to see your logic here. Will they improve and add new units with each release causing multiplayer incompatability? Most likely yes. Does that make them greedy? Not in my opinion. Just a different way to release legitimate, and not to mention epic, expansion packs.

Personally i was bitter like you but now i'm happy with the way its being release. If its going to take them this long to reach their goal of content for just one faction i dont think we'd of seen an actual fully completed 3 faction game until 2013-2014. If i'm proven wrong and they shoot out the following releases within 6-8 months of each release....well then i go back to being bitter with you ;).

People pay $60 for console/PC games that give them ~6 hours of singleplayer story and no multiplayer all the time [God Of War, Bioshock etc..], so if its an arguement of value you lose out the gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered... at Amazon. Don't like GameStop, don't mind paying retail for a Blizzard CE, and I have Prime anyway :p

Funny thing is, the CAG post on the frontpage is the first time I've heard of this CE. My husband heard about it earlier, but didn't tell me since he figured I would've gotten the news elsewhere. And of course he wouldn't mind taking the WoW pet off my hands once I get the CE :roll:

So I was screwing around with amazon trying to get the CE cheaper. And I noticed this after I placed my order:

Estimated delivery: Jun 11, 2010. I have two day shipping, which I'll eventually change to one day when it's available. So is it possible this game is coming out June 10th/11th? The 11th is a Tuesday.

[quote name='lt_homer']So I was screwing around with amazon trying to get the CE cheaper. And I noticed this after I placed my order:

Estimated delivery: Jun 11, 2010. I have two day shipping, which I'll eventually change to one day when it's available. So is it possible this game is coming out June 10th/11th? The 11th is a Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

no release date has been announced yet

[quote name='lt_homer']So I was screwing around with amazon trying to get the CE cheaper. And I noticed this after I placed my order:

Estimated delivery: Jun 11, 2010. I have two day shipping, which I'll eventually change to one day when it's available. So is it possible this game is coming out June 10th/11th? The 11th is a Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

That would be sweet right before E3. But the 11th is a Friday. Not saying they won't release it on Friday, that would be even better.

There's not free shipping, they added $4.99 shipping fee. And anyone who ordered before that fee was there will probably be charged as well even if there invoice shows there was no shipping fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back