Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah Tomorrow will be 3 months to the date I ordered fable 2. Looks like I ain't getting it screw clubbing and I hope with them ending bing cashback I see bing being in trouble down the road. It just can't compete against google >_>

Glad most of us can still retain our sense of humor, even while being outraged at this lunacy from Club Bing. iii, I didn't stop laughing for 5 minutes after reading your post!

Well, last night got another "you cheated!" e-mail so I filed the BBB complaint. Looking into now whether it's better to complain to a congress rep. OR the Attorney General here in FL. Sweepstakes come under the purview of the AG, I should know, I live in VIFLAND! That's Void In Florida, so many sweeps are it's laughable. All kinds of rules and regs. Maybe I should make him work for his money today. *gives a whole new meaning to Void In WA," eh iii?! ;-)

Got on CB and was chatting with friends, there are a TON of people who have gotten this e-mail. Haven't seen anything like it before.
Hope you all have a great day!

Well, the downside to getting politicians involved is that Microsoft might decide to just cancel Clubbing as they may not feel it is worthwhile to keep around. If you go with the BBB, they will likely scrutinize the gameplay a little harder so that they can resolve the issue. Anyway, I'm going to hold off ordering on my cheated accounts until things start shipping again. Although, I do have a virgin address, IP, and PC for the toolbar, maybe I should play completely legit and still see if they flag me. I think I know the answer, though.

[quote name='ijag233']Just got the 'you cheated' email. Funny considering I would not even know where to acquire one of these cheat programs let alone how to use one. Sure seems like they just randomly flagged a bunch of accounts to avoid sending out prizes.[/QUOTE]

Which is weird. I just sent out an e-mail today about not receiving Fable 2 three months ago. You'd think they would have objected to sending out the Xbox I ordered a few months before that instead of a comparatively cheap game.

Thank God they didn't though. I'm an out of work engineer, but at least I was able to get my kids some kick-butt presents thanks to Club Bing.

I just got an update message, probably just delaying the inevitable but:

Thank your for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. We have already escalated your case to our management team. Currently, there is no update in regards to your case. We will be able to provide you with an update once more information becomes available.

Sounds like a delay tactic to me since they're probably swamped with messages.

DaMooseMan:
Sounds like there's still hope, at least for you. I'm glad. You received a "bots/macros/blahblah" mail before that one? If so, you complained and then got that new message?

[quote name='coolfelix']DaMooseMan:
Sounds like there's still hope, at least for you. I'm glad. You received a "bots/macros/blahblah" mail before that one? If so, you complained and then got that new message?[/QUOTE]

No, I just got the we're looking into it message a week ago so I was tired of waiting for a response and that's what I got today. Never got a bot/cheat message yet...

Prizes Recently Removed:

CB_ROUNDSTRESSBALL_sm.png
CB_BAMBOOBLENDTWL_sm.png
CB_HANDBLENDER_sm.png
CB_PEDOMETER_sm.png

- Stressball
- Bamboo Blend Towel White
- Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender
- StayFit Multi-Function Pedometer
Prize Updates brought to you by the ProBingBot...
Get your own AUTOMATIC notifications at The ProBing Blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the 12-week mark for my Norelco shaver I ordered on 4/12 was last Monday, so I sent Bing an email today. We'll see what happens.

Two random questions: Did anyone who ordered prizes around the week of 4/12 receive their prizes? And has anyone gotten a Modern Warfare 2 shipping conformation/package yet?

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']...
Two random questions: Did anyone who ordered prizes around the week of 4/12 receive their prizes? And has anyone gotten a Modern Warfare 2 shipping conformation/package yet?[/QUOTE]
Yes and yes.

COD:MW2 shipped on 6/09 (for orders placed between 4/16 thru 4/30). I didn't order any when it was re-listed (5/4 to 5/5) so I don't know if those shipped then, too.

I just received a "canned" message about using bots/macros/etc after sending them a message about not receiving prizes.

Needless to say, I didn't use any bots, but what can you do?

Actually, in response to this, I'm tempted to go search for bots to use so that I can "stick it" to them.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']Well, the 12-week mark for my Norelco shaver I ordered on 4/12 was last Monday, so I sent Bing an email today. We'll see what happens.

Two random questions: Did anyone who ordered prizes around the week of 4/12 receive their prizes? And has anyone gotten a Modern Warfare 2 shipping conformation/package yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='A Gamer']Yes and yes.

COD:MW2 shipped on 6/09 (for orders placed between 4/16 thru 4/30). I didn't order any when it was re-listed (5/4 to 5/5) so I don't know if those shipped then, too.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....I ordered a copy of MW2 on 5/4 when they relisted it, but I figured they were just backordered. The 12-week mark for that one is next Tuesday.

I'm not liking the situation this "no prizes" thing is turning into. I miss hearing about everyone getting their prizes and being excited to find out what date MY prize would be shipped. I miss the occasional prize photo and the general happiness this thread used to have. :cry:

Now, Club Bing is a risk-taking chunk of time, and innocent people are getting denied their prizes after Microsoft has already gotten their money from our searches.

I know this is Microsoft we're dealing with...but DAMN. This whole thing is a little shady, even for them. :whistle2:| I guess they thought my fast typing was like a robot? It's kind of hard to type slow, when you're typing the same words for EVERY anagram game :roll::

ane
are
ear
era
and
ran

and on...and on.

And I had to re-adjust my typing speed sometime last fall when I got more captchas than usual for typing the 3-letter words back to back. I got a Halo Wars I ordered in February back in March...so I don't know what happened between then and now. Whatever it is, Microsoft had better get their act together. Their crappy search engine isn't worth the b.s. they're about to put themselves into with the BBB and other institutions if they deny prizes through this coming fall. They're gonna piss off too many people for it to be a non-issue or something to ignore.

Just like a train wreck. I don't want to watch, but I can't resist finding out what will happen to Microsoft. :bouncy:

[quote name='Mayson']I just received a "canned" message about using bots/macros/etc after sending them a message about not receiving prizes.

Needless to say, I didn't use any bots, but what can you do?

Actually, in response to this, I'm tempted to go search for bots to use so that I can "stick it" to them.[/QUOTE]

Mayson, either fight them on it, or let it go. Don't do MORE work for those bastards. :lol: The only thing your new-found "research" will do is give them MORE searches and MORE marketshare. Like all the adults told us about drugs when we were kids: "Just say 'No' and run away!" ;)

And if anyone cares, there's a double tickets day for July 15th. Yay...I guess. :roll:

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']And if anyone cares, there's a double tickets day for July 15th. Yay...I guess. :roll:[/QUOTE]
No thanks. I havent played a single game for a few months now. I'm just trying to find a way to use up my old accounts and actually get the prizes. After that, I'm done. I had a great 3 years that included games, controllers, small appliances, Windows Vista, etc.

Has anyone gotten any sony e-reader
I have a bad feeling about my prize not shipping...
I usually get my prizes within a month, but it has been almost 2 months
since i ordered my sony e-reader (5/25)
I played legit! nothing but picnik, taxi, and chick

Does anyone here recommend filling a complaint on
BBB.org or FTC.gov?

So, I checked my email this morning and Wednesday Bing replied to my prize inquiry, accusing me of botting. :lol:

Oh, Bing, I am going to annoy the fuck out of you now. One email a week? Five emails a week? Oh, I can't decide. But I WILL be getting my copy of MW2. I didn't hold off not playing that game for nothing. I earned it FREE and my free copy had better be coming sometime this year. I can't TECHNICALLY do CB for prizes, so I think I've found something else to do with that time.

I never understood how making a fuss to get something you want worked when I was I kid. But I'll see if it works as an adult. :D

[quote name='tikyo21']Has anyone gotten any sony e-reader
I have a bad feeling about my prize not shipping...
I usually get my prizes within a month, but it has been almost 2 months
since i ordered my sony e-reader (5/25)
I played legit! nothing but picnik, taxi, and chick

BBB.org or FTC.gov?[/QUOTE]

It HAS to be 12 weeks before Bing will look into your order (12 weeks for you would be 8/17). If you send them an email before then, they will just send you a "prizes take 8-12 weeks" canned response. :roll:

BBB.org or FTC.gov?[/QUOTE]

BBB.org, if EVERYONE who has received their "You Cheated!" b.s. complains, there's bound to be someone who perks up their ears at MS!

BTW, I "got them back" in my own (very small) way today. My computer mouse (MS) was on its last legs, so I had my spouse buy me a neat little LOGITECH MOUSE INSTEAD!

When I needed a keyboard, mouse, etc. before, I'd usually get MS if it was available, their mice are nice. Until they start reinstating our accounts, no way Jose! If they can't send me my honestly-earned prize(s), I don't feel the need to purchase their merchandise.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Forgot to put in prior post, tikyo21 you do have to wait the full 12 weeks, FreeStuffFan85 is right about that! Also, FreeStuff, I love your attitude! Not only that, but I'm going to do the same darned thing. (VBG!)

[quote name='beadbird']

BTW, I "got them back" in my own (very small) way today. My computer mouse (MS) was on its last legs, so I had my spouse buy me a neat little LOGITECH MOUSE INSTEAD!

When I needed a keyboard, mouse, etc. before, I'd usually get MS if it was available, their mice are nice. Until they start reinstating our accounts, no way Jose! If they can't send me my honestly-earned prize(s), I don't feel the need to purchase their merchandise.

Hope you have a wonderful day![/QUOTE]

Had you really wanted to "get them back", you would have called up their own support and had them send you a replacement mouse. They do it all the time, and at least that way you would be costing them a little bit of revenue rather than simply giving a competitor your cash. That way you'd still have a replacement mouse without spending your own money.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']it HAS to be 12 weeks before Bing will look into your order (12 weeks for you would be 8/17). If you send them an email before then, they will just send you a "prizes take 8-12 weeks" canned response. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the responses
I guess I'll wait it out...I just got paranoid because I have heard/read about
people who are not getting their prizes most of them playing legit...
but in case i get the "you cheated" email and don't get my prize,
do you guys think BBB or FTC will help? or is it hopelessly as good as gone?

Well, I guess ClubBing doesn't want any more e-mails from me. When I go to the account help page to send them an e-mail the send button is grayed out so I can't send them an e-mail through their site.....

[quote name='shuino']well, i guess clubbing doesn't want any more e-mails from me. When i go to the account help page to send them an e-mail the send button is grayed out so i can't send them an e-mail through their site.....[/quote]

lawlski's!

beadbird's responses are awesome! lol, but im sad cause bing hasn't sent me any updates on the progress of my packages... i want them.... =/

[quote name='Shuino']Well, I guess ClubBing doesn't want any more e-mails from me. When I go to the account help page to send them an e-mail the send button is grayed out so I can't send them an e-mail through their site.....[/QUOTE]

It is greyed out until you fill in all the boxes with the relevant information. Then the Submit button lights up.

[quote name='coolfelix']I'm still missing my Camcorder but my Glitter lamp shipped yesterday. What the funk is going on?[/QUOTE]

Well maybe you'll have a case if they don't ship your camcorder then, maybe get the points back. They can't accuse you of a bot if they shipped your glitter lamp, assuming you ordered it after ordering the camcorder.

I've also stopped using bing since they haven't shipped any of my stuff.

[quote name='MaicoWin']They are pulling out the double ticket days, because people have stopped playing their bullshit games.[/QUOTE]

This, I'm 100% certain they flagged me and I wasn't even botting and I was following the 1 account per address rule.

[quote name='meatwad3000']This, I'm 100% certain they flagged me and I wasn't even botting and I was following the 1 account per address rule.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I was flagged, too. Sadly, I wouldn't even know how to bot.:cry:

Two questions:

First, for those who really weren't botting, what were you playing before your account was flagged? I'd successfully ordered a bunch of prizes before now, and had maxed out Chicktionary, Spelling Bee, Word Slugger, and nearly Flexicon. To get the last two prizes I never received due to "cheating," I finished off Flexicon, then started playing Taxi Wranger, which I played 100% legit, and Seekadoo, which I used the same anagram site I've used in the past to play the other games. So I'm thinking maybe I was flagged for solving the Seekadoo puzzles too quickly? Is that possible?

Second question, would it be pointless to start a new account now? In other words, do they flag accounts, IPs, addresses, or all of the above? And if not IPs, will I still need to have the items shipped to a different name/address?

I'm pretty sure the answer to the second question is I'll be fine as long as I use a different name, but I'd hate to invest a bunch more time into Club Bing only to never receive any more prizes.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Nobody knows for sure, I don't think they could accuse ME of botting since most of my tickets were from Flexicon and the picture hunting games (those can't be botted, I think).
But still, you said you maxed out the anagram games (that means almost 100.000 tickets), and are still playing games. Are you a new player or old (more than a year)? Because I think 70k or nearly that amount of tickets covers the limit.

[quote name='Energist']Yep, I was flagged, too. Sadly, I wouldn't even know how to bot.:cry:

Two questions:

First, for those who really weren't botting, what were you playing before your account was flagged? I'd successfully ordered a bunch of prizes before now, and had maxed out Chicktionary, Spelling Bee, Word Slugger, and nearly Flexicon. To get the last two prizes I never received due to "cheating," I finished off Flexicon, then started playing Taxi Wranger, which I played 100% legit, and Seekadoo, which I used the same anagram site I've used in the past to play the other games. So I'm thinking maybe I was flagged for solving the Seekadoo puzzles too quickly? Is that possible?

Second question, would it be pointless to start a new account now? In other words, do they flag accounts, IPs, addresses, or all of the above? And if not IPs, will I still need to have the items shipped to a different name/address?

I'm pretty sure the answer to the second question is I'll be fine as long as I use a different name, but I'd hate to invest a bunch more time into Club Bing only to never receive any more prizes.

Thanks for any help or advice.[/QUOTE]

I can only answer your first question.

I had maxed out Wordslugger and Spelling Bee and was working on Chicktionary. I've only been playing for 7 or 8 months. I got my Xbox, which was my goal, and wanted to save up some points to at least get some games, if not something better. I had about 60k and got Gears of War and Lost Odyssey. I never got Fallout or Fable 2. I too used the anagram sites and, thanks to hours of practice, learned to type fast enough that I was always triggering those capcha things. I guess that was my downfall.

My wife, on the other hand, has ordered a few smaller items like the HDD, CD's, and the like and gotten all of her prizes. She never plays any of the anagram games. She sticks to the games she likes to play for fun like the taxi game, flexicon, etc. She also didn't religiously max out her tickets like I did; preferring to play every once in a while as the mood strikes her.

Here's a ray of hope for the legit people. I got an email with tracking number for an item I ordered in May. Then, I got a message from customer service that my April prize was in a "queue" to be processed. Just waiting on one more that was ordered later in May and I'll be caught up. Hopefully some other people will start getting their stuff.

Here's an edited c/p of the April order:

Your order for April Order is on queue to ship. You should receive a shipping confirmation email with any relevant tracking and delivery information soon. Please allow adequate time to receive this information.

[quote name='DaMooseMan']Here's a ray of hope for the legit people. I got an email with tracking number for an item I ordered in May. Then, I got a message from customer service that my April prize was in a "queue" to be processed. Just waiting on one more that was ordered later in May and I'll be caught up. Hopefully some other people will start getting their stuff.

Your order for April Order is on queue to ship. You should receive a shipping confirmation email with any relevant tracking and delivery information soon. Please allow adequate time to receive this information.[/QUOTE]

That awesome news! Did you e-mail them for that or did they e-mail you outta nowhere.

[quote name='Energist'] So I'm thinking maybe I was flagged for solving the Seekadoo puzzles too quickly? Is that possible?
[/QUOTE]

Unless you can solve a Seekadoo puzzle in under 50 seconds (which I can't even do anymore because I already solved all the ones with answers), no. Seekadoo's my go-to game once my eyes get tired from the anagrams. Wish it gave more points considering how bloody hard it is to find words you don't even know what they are. (Russian Family Names... REALLY?)

You'd think they'd ease up on the rules if they don't want to drive everyone away. Though considering we're only ~3-9% of the search base, I'm not sure they care anymore.

I wish I had the patience to try for one of the big big prizes just to test something...

[quote name='hez']That awesome news! Did you e-mail them for that or did they e-mail you outta nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Well then I may have not been flagged after all since I never e-mailed bing to confirm it.

[quote name='hez']That awesome news! Did you e-mail them for that or did they e-mail you outta nowhere.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them and about two weeks later my prizes are shipping.

[quote name='DaMooseMan']I e-mailed them and about two weeks later my prizes are shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, that mean I got another 2 more week to e-mail them then another 2 week more lol.

[quote name='hez']Thanks for the response, that mean I got another 2 more week to e-mail them then another 2 week more lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the waiting is annoying but I'm on the better late than never plan :lol:

[quote name='DaMooseMan']Here's a ray of hope for the legit people. I got an email with tracking number for an item I ordered in May. Then, I got a message from customer service that my April prize was in a "queue" to be processed. Just waiting on one more that was ordered later in May and I'll be caught up. Hopefully some other people will start getting their stuff.

Your order for April Order is on queue to ship. You should receive a shipping confirmation email with any relevant tracking and delivery information soon. Please allow adequate time to receive this information.[/QUOTE]
This is really good news hopefully now we will start to see the shipment sizes increase again. If they ship the camcorder I am missing from april I will gladly go back to bing.

[quote name='civic_duty']I just got a shipping email for the netbook.[/QUOTE]
Same here! I ordered it a month ago.

[quote name='2574']Same here! I ordered it a month ago.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine on June 20 and got it today. I just ordered the laptop bag; I'd been holding off until I made sure I was actually going to get a netbook to put in it. All these other posts had me worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back