Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've racked up 3550 and platinum status for three years now on one account, and 2200 and platinum on another. haven't gotten anything. it'll be interesting to see how this all works out.

i think ive racked up like 2000+ points and spent quite a bit too
maybe if you hit the criteria the rest is random whether they pick you or not

Since its a party package, I'm guessing the people that got gave lots of indication of multiplayer gaming in their survey responses.

Do you think its too late to get the package?

I've just finished registering over 1400 more coins for a total of

2690 coins

have 1710 to spare after a few rewards claimed

Last edited by a moderator:
My Game and Watch Ball arrived today, its pretty bad-ass. I never played an actual Game and Watch and it felt pretty freaking cool. It can now join the rest of my nerdy Nintendo crap I can never have enough of. :D

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Congrats wjhard![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I know that it's over a week late and isn't as pertinent, but here's my pic of my prize package
:
img0647x.jpg

For those interested, it looks like I had earned 2730 coins, spend 2650, been elite for all 3 years, and registered 34 DS Games, 17 GC Games, 13 GBA Games, and 42 Wii games (some of which where channels-0 points, VC console games, etc.). I've registered my games before there was a club nintendo (just on nintendo.com), as soon as I think you could on the website. Here's the list of my registered items (some pending full registration), if you're interested
:
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo GameCube
Wii
Nintendo DS
Mario Party 5
Altered Beast
Gunstar Heroes
Internet Browser
Everybody Votes Channel
Metroid Prime 3 Preview
Check Mii Out Channel
Nintendo Channel
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Wii Speak Channel
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
1080 Avalanche
Metroid: Zero Mission
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
F-Zero: GP Legend
Pikmin 2
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Donkey Konga
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Mario Power Tennis
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Star Fox: Assault
Yoshi Touch & Go
Polarium
Donkey Konga 2
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Meteos
Geist
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Batallion Wars
Dr. Mario/Puzzle League
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Metroid Prime Pinball
Final Fantasy IV
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
Drill Dozer
Metroid Prime Hunters
Tetris DS
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Odama
New Super Mario Bros.
Magnetica
Big Brain Academy
Star Fox Command
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Clubhouse Games
Elite Beat Agents
Children of Mana
Yoshi's Island DS
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Super Paper Mario
Planet Puzzle League
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Mario Strikers Charged
Brain Age 2
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Battalion Wars 2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy
Link's Crossbow Training
Endless Ocean
Professor Layton
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart
Wii Fit
Mario Super Sluggers
Wario Land: Shake It!
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Punch-Out!!
The Legendary Starfy
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Glory of Heracles
Endless Ocean Blue World
Picross 3D
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Dragon Quest IX
Metroid: Other M
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Kirby's Epic Yarn
FlingSmash
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem!
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Super Mario All Stars
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
Mario Sports Mix

[quote name='tinskat']Anyone know the value of the Dominoes gift card??[/QUOTE]
It's $25.00.

Does anyone know if there's any bonus to registering the 3DS in the launch window? I figure I can get the 90 day extension anytime within the year, so hopefully I can save the 160 points for next year's march towards elite.

[quote name='wjhard63']Thanks! I know that it's over a week late and isn't as pertinent, but here's my pic of my prize package
:
img0647x.jpg

For those interested, it looks like I had earned 2730 coins, spend 2650, been elite for all 3 years, and registered 34 DS Games, 17 GC Games, 13 GBA Games, and 42 Wii games (some of which where channels-0 points, VC console games, etc.). I've registered my games before there was a club nintendo (just on nintendo.com), as soon as I think you could on the website. Here's the list of my registered items (some pending full registration), if you're interested
:
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo GameCube
Wii
Nintendo DS
Mario Party 5
Altered Beast
Gunstar Heroes
Internet Browser
Everybody Votes Channel
Metroid Prime 3 Preview
Check Mii Out Channel
Nintendo Channel
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Wii Speak Channel
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
1080 Avalanche
Metroid: Zero Mission
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mario Golf: Advance Tour
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
F-Zero: GP Legend
Pikmin 2
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Donkey Konga
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Mario Power Tennis
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Star Fox: Assault
Yoshi Touch & Go
Polarium
Donkey Konga 2
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Meteos
Geist
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Batallion Wars
Dr. Mario/Puzzle League
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Metroid Prime Pinball
Final Fantasy IV
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
Drill Dozer
Metroid Prime Hunters
Tetris DS
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Odama
New Super Mario Bros.
Magnetica
Big Brain Academy
Star Fox Command
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Clubhouse Games
Elite Beat Agents
Children of Mana
Yoshi's Island DS
Excite Truck
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Super Paper Mario
Planet Puzzle League
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Mario Strikers Charged
Brain Age 2
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Battalion Wars 2
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Super Mario Galaxy
Link's Crossbow Training
Endless Ocean
Professor Layton
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mario Kart
Wii Fit
Mario Super Sluggers
Wario Land: Shake It!
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Punch-Out!!
The Legendary Starfy
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Glory of Heracles
Endless Ocean Blue World
Picross 3D
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Dragon Quest IX
Metroid: Other M
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Kirby's Epic Yarn
FlingSmash
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem!
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Super Mario All Stars
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
Mario Sports Mix
[/QUOTE]

After seeing this, I went through my collection and looked for older games I hadn't registered. I also counted them all and arranged them in alphabetical order by system, with the help of The Alphabetizer, because I'm cool like that. :cry: Hey, it only took me about half an hour.

I now know that I have: 6 systems, 9 GC games, 6 GBA games, 19 Wii games, 26 DS games, and 33 WW/VC games (without Channels and other free content). Maybe that's why I never received a prize package. I would still really love one, even for just the free gift card for pizza.

Here's a full list:
Systems
1. Game Boy Advance
2. Game Boy micro
3. Nintendo DSi
4. Nintendo DS Lite
5. Nintendo GameCube
6. Wii

GameCube Games
1. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
2. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
3. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
5. Mario Power Tennis
6. Mario Superstar Baseball
7. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
8. Star Fox: Assault
9. Super Mario Strikers

Game Boy Advance Games
1. Drill Dozer
2. Dynasty Warriors Advance
3. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
4. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
5. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
6. Metroid: Zero Mission

Wii Games
1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
2. Kirby's Epic Yarn
3. Mario Kart
4. Mario Sports Mix
5. Mario Super Sluggers
6. Metroid: Other M
7. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
8. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
9. PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
10. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
11. Super Mario Galaxy
12. Super Mario Galaxy 2
13. Super Paper Mario
14. Super Smash Bros Brawl
15. WarioWare: Smooth Moves
16. Wii Fit Plus (Software Only)
17. Wii Music
18. Wii Party
19. Wii Play

DS Games
1. Advance Wars: Dual Strike
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World
3. Big Brain Academy
4. Brain Age 2
5. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
6. Dragon Quest IX
7. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
8. Elite Beat Agents
9. Golden Sun Dark Dawn
10. Hotel Dusk: Room 215
11. Kirby Super Star Ultra
12. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem!
13. Metroid Prime Pinball
14. Picross 3D
15. Pokémon Diamond
16. Pokémon HeartGold
17. Pokémon Pearl
18. Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
19. Pokémon SoulSilver
20. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
21. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
22. Sudoku Gridmaster
23. Super Mario 64 DS
24. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
25. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
26. Warioware: D.I.Y.

Virtual Console/WiiWare
1. Alien Crush Returns
2. Art Style: ORBIENT
3. BIT.TRIP CORE
4. BIT.TRIP RUNNER
5. BIT.TRIP VOID
6. Bit.Trip Beat
7. Bonk's Adventure
8. Castlevania
9. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
10. Castlevania II Simon's Quest
11. Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth
12. Cave Story
13. DETANA TWIN BEE
14. Dive: The Medes Islands Secret
15. Fantasy Zone
16. Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa
17. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
18. Gate of Thunder
19. Grilling With Ultrahand
20. Gyrostarr
21. Lit
22. LostWinds
23. LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
24. Mega Man 9
25. Mega Man 10
26. Ninja Gaiden
27. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
28. Secret of Mana
29. Sin & Punishment
30. Super Castlevania IV
31. Super Metroid
32. Swords & Soldiers
33. UFOURIA: THE SAGA

My total coin count is 2460, and I've spent 2400 in the account's lifetime. The first game I ever registered was Mario vs. Donkey Kong on 7/13/2004.

I wanted it for the Mii Masks and the Tips sheet. Exclusive stuff is awesome.

Supposedly, someone on GameFAQs e-mail Nintendo and the reply said that people were just chosen at random.

My guess is, it was a random selection from people who met X criteria. So far, on various forums, anyone who's posted any kind of stats regarding their account *and* got the prize pack, my account meets or beats them (Member since, elite status, coins earned, coins redeemed, items registered (both total number and by system) etc., etc.

I wish Nintendo would just confirm that it was random. I hate thinking that they're judging me by some invisible metric and that I failed. :(

I didn't see Super Mario All*Stars 25th Anniversary Edition (Wii) Listed as being eligible for coins, but it seems like it should be as it's a 1st party Nintendo game released after 2008. Can someone tell me for sure? It's the difference of opening it or keeping it sealed for me.

Thanks.

Also, is there a more up to date list of coin eligible games? I can't verify if Ridge Racer 3DS is eligible or not. Someone in the UK says yes, while a few people in the US are saying definitely not. (I'm in the US btw).

In the US, Ridge Racer is not.

As for Mario All Stars - any first party Wii titles released after the start of Club Nintendo are eligible for coins.

the value in the package sealed vs opened means you should just keep it sealed.

I mean, even if it's a 50 pt game, what is that? $4? (people start selling coins here towards the end of the nintendo year)\\

edit: just remembered i never registered my copy. it's a 50 pt game.

unclebob - why isn't ridge racer?

[quote name='wjhard63']

Does anyone know if there's any bonus to registering the 3DS in the launch window? I figure I can get the 90 day extension anytime within the year, so hopefully I can save the 160 points for next year's march towards elite.[/QUOTE]

Also wondering this.....???

[quote name='UncleBob']In the US, only games published by Nintendo count for coins.[/QUOTE]

oh right. I just assumed ridge racer was a nintendo published game for no reason.

---

also great point on saving my 3ds points for next year.

[quote name='confoosious']the value in the package sealed vs opened means you should just keep it sealed.

I mean, even if it's a 50 pt game, what is that? $4? (people start selling coins here towards the end of the nintendo year)\\

edit: just remembered i never registered my copy. it's a 50 pt game.

unclebob - why isn't ridge racer?[/QUOTE]

How much are people selling coins for on here? I need about 200 to hit Platinum and don't have the budget right now to buy anything new.
I may be interested if someone is selling them cheap enough.

[quote name='spoonman']How much are people selling coins for on here? I need about 200 to hit Platinum and don't have the budget right now to buy anything new.
I may be interested if someone is selling them cheap enough.[/QUOTE]

Quick ebay search: http://cgi.ebay.com/60-Club-Nintend...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e62a126ef#ht_858wt_1141

$3 a code, so $12 for 200 points.

Or check out the CAG Trading forum. I may have an extra code for Mario All Stars because I bought 2. I'll check for you.

[quote name='super_dawn']Also wondering this.....???[/QUOTE]

There was no "Intend to Buy" for the 3DS System, so there is no bonus. There was also no indication that there would be one.

[quote name='KingBroly']There was no "Intend to Buy" for the 3DS System, so there is no bonus. There was also no indication that there would be one.[/QUOTE]

Okay. Cool. Thanks.

Dang, I've got 700 points expiring. At least they emailed me about it.

Super annoyed by expiring points, by points-towards-platinum not rolling over to the next year, by having to do a post-play survey right after you register it :bomb:

Their promotional thing is kind of pissing me off instead :bomb:

Oh well...I have to choose between a Game and Watch cartridge I guess, or I'm leaning towards some combination of those Mario folders. Those suckers are so cool, though I'll probably but them in a drawer and never use them :lol:

I have 980 coins I just made platinum. Will they send an email to me about a reward? Should I get a game and watch collection or put in more codes and get the game and watch ball game? I got an email that 90 coins will expire soon, I don't know why. Is there any reason to wait to register 3ds or should I do it right away? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZForce915']I was able to sell my Game and Watch on ebay for $61. That's insane.[/QUOTE]Considering how many points you need in order to purchase it off Club Nintendo that sounds about fair.

I guess I'll get both the Mario & Zelda posters. It's going to suck if they get better rewards after the expiration date.

[quote name='mickeyp']I have 980 coins I just made platinum. Will they send an email to me about a reward? Should I get a game and watch collection or put in more codes and get the game and watch ball game? I got an email that 90 coins will expire soon, I don't know why. Is there any reason to wait to register 3ds or should I do it right away? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

This is all getting increasingly confusing! I'm not sure why points are expiring either, although at least they tell you...

Okay, so if you just made Platinum, that means you made 600 points in the last "Club Nintendo year", which I think is July 1-June 30th. Any additional points you put in WON'T count towards next year's platinum, so don't register your 3DS or anything else or answer surveys until July-just hang on to everything.

Regarding the reward, I guess I'm going for posters or folders or something. Annoying thing for you is you've only got 90 coins you have to spend, which doesn't buy anything by itself.

Personally I think I'd go for the DS games over that separate game and watch, but they're all sort of cool.

Oh, and they contact you after the end of the "year" about your Platinum reward, and they it ships at the end of the actual year. At least that's how its worked the past two years.

Ugh, I don't know what to get with my 600 expiring coins. I have 1,230 coins total (plus more I could register) and nothing on the list really interests me. I wish I hadn't snoozed on the reversible pouches, all sold out now :cry: I guess I'll hold out for a restock. That takes care of 250 out of 600 coins...

I have 850 expiring coins, but I don't want to spend them. I'm extremely paranoid. I want that SNES controller, but I fear the moment I spend my coins, I'll get screwed over, even though the chance of its availability in the US is incredibly slim. Oh, Nintendo, just allow your American customers to have access to it it already.

Grill-Off with Ultra Hand is 80 coins. I could get that with my 90 expiring coins. So if only 90 are expiring I really don't have to get anything else I can save the rest till next year...

Well the Club year ends at the end of of June, so you have until then to see what's coming out and what to spend them on.

nintendo-jp-giant-ar-01.jpg

It looks Japanese residents who are members of Club Nintendo are in for quite a treat as a giant Augmented reality card has now been listed as a new reward available for redemption. The card itself is two-sided and has the ability to produce a Giant Mii as well as a life-sized Mario which comes on the other side. As you see in the picture above, the final result looks amazing and should be awesome for some nice photo-ops.

Augmented reality cards have a ton of potential and this alone gives me hope we will be seeing even more in the future from this nice little add-on that the 3DS delivers. Now we just need to see something like this put in our Club Nintendo shops rather than Wii-Mote straps or a deck of cards. Not that the straps and cards are not nice as they do make for great gaming swag, but personally I prefer items I can use to better enhance my games in general, such as the couple of exclusive WiiWare titles that Nintendo of America have listed as rewards for Club Nintendo in the past. You never know though, with the way Club Nintendo has been improving as a whole over the past year, it could be very possible to see more AR rewards listed (looking at you…Nintendo of America/Australia/Europe).
Source: http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/...ets-giant-augmented-reality-card-as-a-reward/

Ugh. Please come to Club Nintendo here in America.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have an extra Mario galaxy 2 code and would like to trade for another wii code.

I'm 90 points away from platinum but I'm too lazy to do the surveys :)

[quote name='encendido5']Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have an extra Mario galaxy 2 code and would like to trade for another wii code.

I'm 90 points away from platinum but I'm too lazy to do the surveys :)[/QUOTE]

there's an official nintendo code trade/sell thread somewhere around here. Very useful.

I'm 10 pts away from making Platinum for 3 consecutive years. With the 3DS E-Shop launching in May that shouldn't be a problem. Even if I don't end up buying anything on there Zelda 3DS will be able to bump me over.

Not really, no. The Club Year ends at the end of June, so Ocarina of Time 3DS is likely going to be the last game people can buy for the current club year outside of DSiWare, 3DSWare, WiiWare and Virtual Console games.

The deadline has always been 6/31. It's posted in the OP. :whistle2:(

(actually, I just checked and it's not mentioned, although it should be!)

Sweet, 160 coins for 3DS hardware. Did a couple of post play surveys so I'd get up to 440 for the year, and when Zelda comes out, I'll buy a 3DS IMMEDIATELY and register that sucker to get Platinum. Got a game plan! I was really afraid my coin count for the year was really low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back