Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went ahead and removed the Expired Games list. If something expires, I'll just remove it from the Old Games that can be registered list.

[quote name='Arakias']Thanks for pointing out the fans. Here are the pics.

sensu_fan_fireworks_big_1.jpg

sensu_fan_blooper_big_1.jpg

sensu_fan_mario_big_1.jpg

sensu_fan_pink_big_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those are really nice. The Animal Crossing one is my favorite.

I won't get any though. They'd just sit somewhere.

Yeah same here. It would've been cool if they were the type to hang on the wall, you know the bigger ones, but it looks like they're regular sized.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Those are really nice. The Animal Crossing one is my favorite.

I won't get any though. They'd just sit somewhere.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']Not sure that it really matters but anyone looking to get Battalion Wars 2 for the Wii might want to know that I just picked it up at KMart and went to register it and Club Nintendo said it wasn't eligible for coins.

Weird, because Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn still is (tried it too), and neither one is a CN PIN, they're both just Nintendo Product Reg PINs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, BWii didn't expire, per-say. It was never eligible for coins.
It was released before Club Nintendo started and wasn't on the list of eligible Wii titles. Fire Emblem, however, is.
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Like I said though, Fire Emblem wasn't a CN PIN either.

BW2 was released October 07, Fire Emblem in November.

I'm not mad. Actually, BW2 looks pretty fun (and CN PINs are never the sole reason I buy a game anyway). I just thought it was weird. I even have that listed saved on my laptop with the games I own already removed, and I guess just thought BW2 was on it.

Oh well. It was only $20, and it's not like I can't milk a game, even one that sucks, for that much.

The blooper design is very clean and simple, you can put it practically anywhere and it will look good.

Mario design is more cluttered and the colour (thats right, colour with a U) is not nearly as subdued, if its just for collecting and you'll never use it go with Mario. I plan to display the blooper one.

[quote name='maigoyume']The blooper design is very clean and simple, you can put it practically anywhere and it will look good.

Mario design is more cluttered and the colour (thats right, colour with a U) is not nearly as subdued, if its just for collecting and you'll never use it go with Mario. I plan to display the blooper one.[/QUOTE]

It is for collecting. I am leaning towards the Mario one... but the blooper one is awesome too.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']It is for collecting. I am leaning towards the Mario one... but the blooper one is awesome too.[/QUOTE]Technically you could always get both :) if I end up with a bunch of spare coins I'll probably grab the other one too

[quote name='maigoyume']Technically you could always get both :) if I end up with a bunch of spare coins I'll probably grab the other one too[/QUOTE]

I don't want ot use too many coins because I am saving surveys for hte future....

[quote name='Altanis']Like I said though, Fire Emblem wasn't a CN PIN either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, several pre-Club Nintendo titles were eligible for coins even though they only had MyNintendo coins. In fact, I still occasionally pick up an older MyNintendo game and get the coins for it. Metroid Prime 3 (Released Aug 07) is one I can think of off the top of my head.

I think the cut-off was, mostly, DS and Wii Games that were still being published at the time Club Nintendo started. There are a few odd exceptions (Tetris DS and Electroplankton being the two that stood out the most to me), but over all, that seems to fit what determined products worthy of Club Nintendo coins.

Wow, these will go PERFECTLY with my Animal Crossing kimono, Mario kimono, Blooper kimono, and second Animal Crossing kimono.

But honestly, why didn't they have a Pokemon one?!?!

oh man i almost forgot about the statue from that reward they were giving for being an elite member. december is when we can expect it?

Fans have started shipping as well

Edit: My fan showed up today

And holy cow those are pricey pins

Edit 2: Its quite nice, decent size, quality is pretty good (the fan I mean :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the fans look awesome. I spent my points on the Zelda posters in the summer, I don't buy Wii games often enough only 70 points atm.

Those pins would be nice to pin on backpacks :)

[quote name='maigoyume']And holy cow those are pricey pins[/QUOTE]

Hmm... If a small pin costs 450 points, then the odds of me having enough points to ever get something worthwhile (like the awesome SNES-style classic controller other regions saw) are extremely low. Maybe I'll cash in now and hope the "exclusive" nature makes the pin a fun collectible eventually.

Not trying to voice a serious complaint. None of the swag coming from Club Nintendo affects my purchasing decisions... so it's a free bonus in my mind. Just trying to decide whether it's worth holding onto points indefinitely when there is no sign that I'll be able to use them more effectively in the future.

[quote name='M-PG71C']A fucking screensaver? Please don't tell me we can expect a flood of that kind of crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of torn on this.

I like the idea of exclusive digital content being made available IF the content is something worthwhile. The Punch-Out!! demo (for example) was pretty cool and is something that I'd consider worth grabbing if it were still available. Unfortunately the Screensaver and Ultra Hand game aren't exactly the type of quality mini-games I'm looking for... but maybe supporting these will help encourage Nintendo to offer better developed downloadable content in the future? It is only 10 points for the Screensaver after all - even though someone will surely post the ZIP archive online for free before long.

Those pins are nice- and I have enough points for a set, but I'm thinking 2 things:

1) I'm a grown man, what do i need pins for? (no kids, no backpacks, and no rebellious graffiti covered denim jacket)
2) Those, and the fans are nice enough that I think maybe I should hold off and see just what else they have in the pipeline.

i have enough points to but don't know if i wanna get them
whats so cool bout them
maybe get and put on my tradelist

i really want the book ends

I quite enjoyed Ultra Hand, its a nice little diversion + 4 players. Not to mention its exclusive and is had for pretty cheap. And 10 points for the screensaver isn't much, if I even had a use for it anyway.

The pins are sort of tempting because of the exclusivity factor and them being a 25th anniversary thing (although it'd be better if they said something about the anniversary on them), but I think I might just cross and hope the fans come back in stock.

[quote name='maigoyume']I quite enjoyed Ultra Hand, its a nice little diversion + 4 players. Not to mention its exclusive and is had for pretty cheap. And 10 points for the screensaver isn't much, if I even had a use for it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough - Ultra Hand isn't really bad, I'd just rather pay a little bit more and get a little bit more in return. Maybe seeing Nintendo offer Virtual Console coupon codes for some of the classic Mario games at several hundred points each, for example.

Yay new rewards! I happen to come up with something I'd def want... I want a green pipe garbage can.. you know for just papers and plastic from an office etc. So I can just dumb all my trash into mushroom kingdom sewers. Hell yeah!

But anyway I like the pins regardless of the price. Which does everyone feel is the best one? I kinda like A B and D I can't decide which would be the best.

[quote name='ejamer']I'm kind of torn on this.

I like the idea of exclusive digital content being made available IF the content is something worthwhile. The Punch-Out!! demo (for example) was pretty cool and is something that I'd consider worth grabbing if it were still available. Unfortunately the Screensaver and Ultra Hand game aren't exactly the type of quality mini-games I'm looking for... but maybe supporting these will help encourage Nintendo to offer better developed downloadable content in the future? It is only 10 points for the Screensaver after all - even though someone will surely post the ZIP archive online for free before long.[/QUOTE]

I was alright with Ultra Hand, at least it was a game I could play. But a screensaver lol? :D Meh, rather get something else lol

[quote name='sciafb']Yay new rewards! I happen to come up with something I'd def want... I want a green pipe garbage can.. you know for just papers and plastic from an office etc. So I can just dumb all my trash into mushroom kingdom sewers. Hell yeah!

But anyway I like the pins regardless of the price. Which does everyone feel is the best one? I kinda like A B and D I can't decide which would be the best.[/QUOTE]

I like C the best, haha (the one with Peach)

I think I saw those exact same pins the last time I went to the Nintendo World Store. I might just buy it there instead of spending points to get it.

Broly:
[ url=][ img][ /img][ /url]

[ url=https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/15511.do][ img]https://club-catalog.nintendo.com/wcsstore/ClubNintendo/images/catalog/mario_pin_b_main.jpg[ /img][ /url]

[quote name='KingBroly']Arakias, I'd post images in the OP as links, but it's not something I know how to do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks King, appreciate all the hard work you do already, I was being lazy of course and hoping someone else (not you) would do it for me :)

Thank you, UncleBob. Image links will go up shortly.

EDIT:
Image links for new rewards are up. I'm not going to go back and them for older ones though. At least not yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='soonersfan60']How much were they at the Nintendo store?[/QUOTE]

On November 1st when they reopen, I'll go and check. I work 15 blocks away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back