Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Finally got a blue pouch for my 3DS![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

Few more details. Pouches are still listed OOS, but they are taking orders and shipping 6/14.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am going to hit 600 coins soon for platinum status, thanks to a very generous person on another message board who was giving out Club Nintendo codes for Wii games. This will be my first time hitting Platinum, so I hope the reward is good.

The calender's weren't bad, I was always able to sell them for at least $20 on ebay after I got it, which is why they weren't bad.[/QUOTE]

I sold the statue last year for $50 on ebay

[quote name='Club Nintendo']We expect to begin shipping again on or after June 14.[/QUOTE]
Yet they shipped out my red reversible pouch today! :bouncy:
Hopefully the email for the blue one comes today as well.

I got the shipping confirmation for my red pouch as well, it looks like they arrived sooner than expected. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the blue ones will ship soon also.

I agree sadly. I would have jumped on the G&W remake (not the DS ones) if it were cheaper, but I settled on playing cards and folders. :whistle2:( If Nintendo would have let me,, I really would have saved up all of my points forever until they make the Super Nintendo Classic Controller.

I am just 60 short of hitting 600. Anyone have any suggestions on how to hit that magic number? I already bothered friends and family. I am looking for the cheapest way to hit it because I just want a cool prize this year

Edit:
And unexpectedly a buddy emailed me a couple codes. Awesome. Any suggestions on what to buy? I can afford both totes and was thinking of getting those of both the Mario and Zelda poster sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to cash out some points by June 30th as they are expiring. 120 points are expiring and I only have a total of 310. I was thinking about getting the reversible pouch- I could probably use it to store some of my camera stuff or other random things while traveling. Anyone have one that could give some impressions?

Ruahrc

Yay, got platinum for the year. Had to get 3 wii codes from my sister. I was stuck at 460 with no plans to buy any more wii/ds games in the near future.

+1 for the pouch. When I get enough points I'm going to get one for my sister/brother-in-law, already have the red one myself.

Should I get the reversible pouch or ultra grill off game and screensaver. I will be losing 90 coins by end of June. Should I use on the game or better off putting it towards pouch. My son would play the game maybe he is almost 10 yrs old. I have 980 in total. So of course I could do both, any opinions? I like the game and watch game but that seems expensive.

If you buy the pouch, that's 160 less coins you have to worry about expiring for the next year as well. Grill off is a pretty fun distraction and it comes cheap, but the pouches are fantastic purchases no matter what.

Thanks for the recommendations looks like I'll put an order in for the pouch.

I was surprised to see a lot of these items so "affordable" on ebay. I would have thought sellers would be charging a lot more for them, but stuff like the Hanafuda cards for $30? I'd almost pay that- and not have to futz with actually accruing 800 coins.

I ordered both the Mario and Zelda poster sets and they both were shipped out today. Speedy service! I saw on another forum that someone framed a couple of the posters and put it in their game room, looked awesome.

[quote name='Ruahrc']
I was surprised to see a lot of these items so "affordable" on ebay. I would have thought sellers would be charging a lot more for them, but stuff like the Hanafuda cards for $30? I'd almost pay that- and not have to futz with actually accruing 800 coins.[/QUOTE]You could also save up those points for other things as well :)

[quote name='UncleBob']40 Bonus coins for linking your 3DS to the 3DS eShop. Added link to the OP.[/QUOTE]

Just as a side note, I didnt get an extra 40. Not sure why, but I did find 2 surveys for 3D Excitebike and Pokedex 3D that expire next week.

[quote name='dyeknom']Just as a side note, I didnt get an extra 40. Not sure why, but I did find 2 surveys for 3D Excitebike and Pokedex 3D that expire next week.[/QUOTE]

I didnt either and am sorta pissed about the others expiring so soon =.= I mean I already hit 600 =[

Make sure to open up those OoTs and register the games! Club Nintendo is going to be giving away a CD soundtrack as a bonus.

9:19AM Nintendo's also releasing the Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D soundtrack as a bonus for early Club Nintendo adopters. They're also launching an album of the 25th anniversary concert, which will launch in tandem with Skyward Sword. We can't wait to listen to Zelda while we listen to Zelda while playing Zelda!

Here's a picture of it

img6431.jpg

It sort of makes up for the serious lack of Pre-order bonuses, but it also raises questions like.... will it be limited to the first X number of people. If that's the case, then it will suck for those on the west coast, especially since there's a serious lack of midnight releases. Hopefully it will be mailed to all those who register within the first ten days (though that messes with my club nintendo points lol)

[quote name='dyeknom']It sort of makes up for the serious lack of Pre-order bonuses, but it also raises questions like.... will it be limited to the first X number of people. If that's the case, then it will suck for those on the west coast, especially since there's a serious lack of midnight releases. Hopefully it will be mailed to all those who register within the first ten days (though that messes with my club nintendo points lol)[/QUOTE]

Actually, it'll suck for those on the east cost.

Timed Nintendo Release have been forcing you to wait until Midnight Pacific time in order to register them on the website lately. So, East Coasters will have to wait up until 3 AM to register.

[quote name='dyeknom']It sort of makes up for the serious lack of Pre-order bonuses, but it also raises questions like.... will it be limited to the first X number of people. If that's the case, then it will suck for those on the west coast, especially since there's a serious lack of midnight releases. Hopefully it will be mailed to all those who register within the first ten days (though that messes with my club nintendo points lol)[/QUOTE]
yeah, we need more info on this.

EDIT: Club nintendo says "Register the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Game & Get the Official Soundtrack CD FREE! Offer coming soon." hopefully that will mean more information on how it works.

[quote name='leylines']yeah, we need more info on this.

EDIT: Club nintendo says "Register the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Game & Get the Official Soundtrack CD FREE! Offer coming soon." hopefully that will mean more information on how it works.[/QUOTE]

Odds are it will be open to everyone for X period. I mean honestly with it being so close to the end many people would be pissed buying LoZ and having to use the points in this period over next (since that would only be like 2 weeks later lol)

Or, you know, you could have saved room for OoT knowing that the early reg period is so short now ;). I left about a 100 coin cushion since I knew 3DS shop/OoT were coming, so we'll see where I end up. I always have 10 point surveys to do to fill in the blanks.

[quote name='io']Or, you know, you could have saved room for OoT knowing that the early reg period is so short now ;). I left about a 100 coin cushion since I knew 3DS shop/OoT were coming, so we'll see where I end up. I always have 10 point surveys to do to fill in the blanks.[/QUOTE]

Well I personally don't buy many nintendo games XD so its all about getting them cheap (hit 600 basically by free codes), but yeah I guess I could have =P

Someone should post a picture of the OOT CD in the OP. I'm kinda busy atm.

Come early July there will probably be a new thread.

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone should post a picture of the OOT CD in the OP. I'm kinda busy atm.

Come early July there will probably be a new thread.[/QUOTE]

done :3

Posted today in the Nintendo Club News section: Register The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D by 7/19/11 to earn 10 extra Coins!

The two free downloads from the eShop (Excitebike and Pokedex) are each eligible for 10 point registration surveys, but they expire 7 days after you download them.

[quote name='pippin']The two free downloads from the eShop (Excitebike and Pokedex) are each eligible for 10 point registration surveys, but they expire 7 days after you download them.[/QUOTE]

That's strange, but awesome.

[quote name='pete5883']I think every new survey expires in 7 days, now.[/QUOTE]

So is that for every new release or every new register?

I have the first Layton waiting to register for the new year so I want to know If I need to do that now…

Do surveys expire?
Yes. In general, Product Registration surveys expire after 7 days, and Post Play surveys expire 120 days after registration. Please review the date listed next to the survey in your To-Do list to ensure that you take the survey before it expires.

I have 730 points and still have a post play survey on wii fitness to do... any suggestions on what to get with the points? Are there going to be different rewards posted soon?

[quote name='Moltres423']I have 730 points and still have a post play survey on wii fitness to do... any suggestions on what to get with the points? Are there going to be different rewards posted soon?[/QUOTE]

New rewards might come... I am pulling to get the kirby pouch japan got, but realistically CN updates once a blue moon. As far as buying I really like the pouch if you have a DS. Good size, would fit most anything in a good amount and feels nice.

[quote name='maigoyume']Do surveys expire?
Yes. In general, Product Registration surveys expire after 7 days, and Post Play surveys expire 120 days after registration. Please review the date listed next to the survey in your To-Do list to ensure that you take the survey before it expires.[/QUOTE]

Assuming word for word, even if I register my older Layton, I'll have to finish it well before the 100s before it.

oh well.

Anyone get that email about Wii Motion (disc only)? Not really a deal- but if you registered WiiPlay or FlingSmash you can get the disc without the controller for $30 through the email.

[quote name='Rocko']So do you not get points/surveys for eShop downloads? Other than those free ones just mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I believe all non-Virtual Console games count for coins.

I don't mean to hijack this thread here, but I thought making a new thread for such a short question would just be a nuisance. I have a lot of coins that are about to expire, and I don't really want to get anything for myself, so I'm offering anything from the catalog on my trade list. What would be a good coin to dollar ratio?

I was thinking $20 for an 800 coin item; is this too high or too low or what?

Thanks for your input!

[quote name='Vhehs2']I don't mean to hijack this thread here, but I thought making a new thread for such a short question would just be a nuisance. I have a lot of coins that are about to expire, and I don't really want to get anything for myself, so I'm offering anything from the catalog on my trade list. What would be a good coin to dollar ratio?

Thanks for your input![/QUOTE]
Check the prices on eBay, a lot (if not all) Club Nintendo items end up being sold there.

[quote name='Vhehs2']I don't mean to hijack this thread here, but I thought making a new thread for such a short question would just be a nuisance. I have a lot of coins that are about to expire, and I don't really want to get anything for myself, so I'm offering anything from the catalog on my trade list. What would be a good coin to dollar ratio?

Thanks for your input![/QUOTE]

I would completely take you up on this offer, if you are seriously interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back