Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got in. Registered all my remaining codes putting me at 200 on day one. Not bad, but not great either considering Pikmin 3 was the only game I was looking forward to this year. :(

It was slow for me. My guess is Nintendo's getting hit hard by all of us saving up our codes and whatnot.

I think I've got 30 points now, so far :whistle2:D

160 coins into the new year! I am going to stop at 400 because I know some surveys that I want will have to be done this year (Skyward Sword for the Orchestral CD etc...)

EDIT: Gold! 340 coins in!

EDIT: I got carried away! 530 into the new year.

On top of the 800 I earned last year (I have a few accounts, so I did get some prizes, but not from my main account...), with the new 530, I had 1330. I ordered the Game & Watch: Ball for 1200 (yikes....). I wanted it last year, but I didn't want to prematurely redeem too many coins. It would be a waste to prematurely register items for future Platinum prizes. I am glad I made that choice! I did take the risk of them selling out though, but I am very glad they didn't! It will fit nice inside of my red pouch, and next to my 2 DS Game & Watch compilation packs!

I hope that some other Japan Platinum prizes come our way (even if they are overpriced) like the Game & Watch: Ball (Platinum prize in Japan 2009) did!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered my buttons... not my favorite reward so far, but still kind of cool. I think it would be nice if Nintendo gave both items to platinum members since the calendar is kind of like an advertisement as well. I really like the look of the calendar, but I think the buttons are a little more unique... and obviously harder to find.

Now, to get started on this year :D

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm with you, Admiral.

I'm glad they announced the item quickly, and it's pretty decent. But I would have preferred the same set. Ours does have better packaging though.

Also, I would have loved to have a choice like Japan did. The Mario Handkerchief set is just lovely. Would have picked up multiple sets and used one daily.[/QUOTE]

Im not trying to be rude, but how does the US have better packaging?

JP:
  • Main design is the same, but the colors form a 25.
  • All side items like boxes are fully colored and as they would appear in game.
  • Side of the box in one pattern shows mario on a end of level pole with the flag up top.
  • 1 design has the original box art for Mario Bros (I could be mistaken though.)
  • 1 design has mario just standing there.
  • 1 design has various enemies and their names.
  • 25 badges with the 25th being a mario 25th anny logo on it.

US:
  • The main design is from the various enemies design in japan with all sprites colored to match the design (yuck if you ask me).
  • 25 badges with the 25th being the blue fella next to the goomba (his name escapes me), but is not on par with losing the 25th icon badge.
  • 1 side is a goomba
  • 1 side is a power up mushroom
  • 1 side is mario jumping
  • No side image is shown. Might be on it, but doubtful.

No matter how I look at it... it's just not as nice as Japans. At least there its a one time edition to commemorate Mario's 25th. Here its just a prize we got this year and will be forgotten over time...

[quote name='admiralvic']Im not trying to be rude, but how does the US have better packaging?

JP:
  • Main design is the same, but the colors form a 25.
  • All side items like boxes are fully colored and as they would appear in game.
  • Side of the box in one pattern shows mario on a end of level pole with the flag up top.
  • 1 design has the original box art for Mario Bros (I could be mistaken though.)
  • 1 design has mario just standing there.
  • 1 design has various enemies and their names.
  • 25 badges with the 25th being a mario 25th anny logo on it.

US:
  • The main design is from the various enemies design in japan with all sprites colored to match the design (yuck if you ask me).
  • 25 badges with the 25th being the blue fella next to the goomba (his name escapes me), but is not on par with losing the 25th icon badge.
  • 1 side is a goomba
  • 1 side is a power up mushroom
  • 1 side is mario jumping
  • No side image is shown. Might be on it, but doubtful.

No matter how I look at it... it's just not as nice as Japans. At least there its a one time edition to commemorate Mario's 25th. Here its just a prize we got this year and will be forgotten over time...[/QUOTE]

I prefer the Japan prize too... but if we wold have gotten it on the 25th (last year), we wouldn't have gotten the amazing statue. I am okay with how things turned out.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I just ordered my buttons... not my favorite reward so far, but still kind of cool. I think it would be nice if Nintendo gave both items to platinum members since the calendar is kind of like an advertisement as well. I really like the look of the calendar, but I think the buttons are a little more unique... and obviously harder to find. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, every year I wish I got the calendar too. It seems like they could do that for us...

Every year I don't have a clue how I made Platinum...but...this is the first year I actually think I WILL make it, which probably means I won't :lol:

It's just I've been saving up these things so long, I don't think I've registered anything this year even...I've got a pile of registration cards on my table.

Yea- but i'm not going to use the buttons, they are just going to sit on a bookshelf in my room. At least the function of a statue is to do just that.

[quote name='DrawingBlanks']Does anyone know what Japan got this year?[/QUOTE]

Game and Watch ball game or the Mario Hat. (or that was the last one I saw)

Lamest platinum/gold awards ever. Very disappointed in both, glad that I didn't waste time getting to platinum this year. I actually kind of wish I didn't even work to get to Gold.

Kinda like last year's statue better, but this is actually pretty cool imo. It's the box that makes it, if it was just pins it'd kinda suck.

these buttons also convert into great magnets for fridges and metal desks.

I think they are much much better than any stationary they had for coins.

I'm glad it's 25 and not 5 though...

[quote name='Rocko']I'm more concerned over the fact that I have 1200 coins and nothing to spend them on. :|[/QUOTE]

Get the Game and Watch: Ball and then sell it to me for $30?

I actually think a set of 25 pins is quite epic, I love pins so its perfect for me, really glad I got platinum status this year though my platinum status was mainly by chance. For me this is better than a statue.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']This is the shittiest year yet. They better bring that SNES Wii controller to this year, otherwise I'm done supporting "Flub" Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Flub Nintendo. hehe

It's hard not to expect it when it was released in Japan first, now Austrailia and Europe have it as well. Why can't we get in on some SNES Wii love? I just want one to sit next to my Japanese imported Super Famicom Wii controller.

I for one enjoy the Platinum this year, sure it's not big or extravagant as last years prize but I'll take anything.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Guess I can start registering games again, although thanks to the dumb new rules I can't register stuff until I've already played it.[/QUOTE]

What new rule?!?!? I have a ton of games I haven't even opened yet that still have active codes.

25 pins is a pretty nice surprise, though I wasn't really expecting much. That being said, I think I actually like this reward even more than last year's.

[quote name='skiizim']What new rule?!?!? I have a ton of games I haven't even opened yet that still have active codes.[/QUOTE]

There's no new rule(well, it doesn't pertain to that anyway), someone is just a bit misinformed.

Wolfpup - how are you always so completely wrong about things? There's no new rule. And even if there was, what would possibly stop you from giving your opinion on the post play survey without ever playing it?

It's not like you get quizzed on the final boss.

[quote name='confoosious']Wolfpup - how are you always so completely wrong about things? There's no new rule. And even if there was, what would possibly stop you from giving your opinion on the post play survey without ever playing it?

It's not like you get quizzed on the final boss.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the thing. He said he likes to give true answers to the surveys. It's pretty dumb to get mad about the new expirations to the post play surveys though when you're the one limiting yourself.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'd rather the Platinum award have been the Zelda soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking it might be that, but then they couldn't tell all the people who didn't register in time that they were out of stock.

I think the pin set is nice, especially since there are 25 OF THEM in a case. Great for the collectible suckers like me. Remember, this is the same Club Nintendo that sold 1 pin for 450 coins. Sure those were bigger better pins, but this seems like a good prize to me. I just feel sorry for the gold people, stuck with another calendar again...

Those pins and boxes are cleanly designed.

As a side note my Wii died on start up today. Up until this year it was getting a lot of gameplay since I was actually purchasing games for it, I know I had more than 100 hours in Monster Hunter and probably 800 in Smash Brothers which was normal if you were one of the active Smash Brother players on this board. Picked up Paper Mario for cheap and wanted to beat it but at the boot up screen I see:

"The system files are corrupted"

I'm going to have to get it repaired I guess because I want to play Skyway Sword and finish up a few old games. I'm kind of torn because the system's console cycle is finished. I guess I'll need to fix it in order to get my VC games back. I've never had a system die on me before.

Anyone else unable to place an order for the Platinum reward? I'm able to get to the product page, but the lower portion where it normally asks for shipping info gives me an Internal Server Error.

if anyone needs any rewards off the club nintendo page i have a ton of points im not using. just let me know what you want and i'll order it for you (you paypal me)

Haha, I just hit Platinum for this upcoming year already. Registered a bunch of Wii games and my 3DS. Time to hang on to the rest of my PINs...

Have a friend that is getting rid of his Club Nintendo swag. Does anyone know what a Mario Pin A would bring? I know it sold out first. Haven't seen one end on ebay recently.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I got platinum last year and got the little statue thing but I would much prefer either the mario hat or these buttons. Bah![/QUOTE]

I'd much prefer the statue over the buttons, but that was the year I didn't get Platinum. Bah!

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I got platinum last year and got the little statue thing but I would much prefer either the mario hat or these buttons. Bah![/QUOTE]

Still have your statue? I'll trade you for this year's pin set...

[quote name='Cheapass24']if anyone needs any rewards off the club nintendo page i have a ton of points im not using. just let me know what you want and i'll order it for you (you paypal me)[/QUOTE]

Sir Cheapass24, your PM box is full. Feel free to send me a PM regarding this if you'd like.

Same goes for anyone else around here willing to do the same.

I reached Platinum since I purchased a Wii last July and got the 3DS at launch. I didn't even input all the codes for my games yet since I wanted to put those toward the new year's Platinum. I really like (based on pictures) the Mario hat and statue more than this pin set deal, but rewards are always welcome.

[quote name='Dranakin']Haha, I just hit Platinum for this upcoming year already. Registered a bunch of Wii games and my 3DS. Time to hang on to the rest of my PINs...[/QUOTE]

Same with me, haha! I was holding off on a bunch of codes/surveys, and now I'm all loaded up again. I'll wait for a refresh on the prizes, though, to see if anything interesting pops up soon.

[quote name='Cheapass24']if anyone needs any rewards off the club nintendo page i have a ton of points im not using. just let me know what you want and i'll order it for you (you paypal me)[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in the Game and Watch second collection and the Game and Watch: Ball, let me know your prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back