Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 20 Free Coins! [Update: 2010 Awards Now Available]

leapfrogX

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is offering 20 free coins for completing a bonus survey. Just check out the "Earn Coins" section of your account and you should see the bonus survey as one of your options. It'll help ya earn the neat Mario posters they put up a month or two back.

Edit: Seems like relatively recently they've added a "Thank You" series of surveys as well, if you've registered a console. I saw 20 coins for the Wii survey and 10 for the DS Lite survey, but there may be more. These expire June 30th so don't let em slip!

Edit: Confoosious pointed out that there is a thread dedicated to trading codes here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm...looks like I'll be 30 points from Plat. after I register my Wii and SMG2. Will have to figure out where to get the last push. I sold my unopened Glory of Heracles, so that's a no go. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']Anyone mind helping out a cheap ass gamer?

I'm only 20 coins away from 800(Game and Watch Collection). Anyone know where the survery is? Anyone mind sending me a code? I just joined club nintendo a week ago and registered all my stuff and did the post play surveys yesterday, but I'm still 20 away. Also, sort of a noob question, but if I buy something will I lose my status of platinum?[/QUOTE]

You DON'T lose the coins for purposes of getting gold/platinum rank, it counts total coins you've earned that period.

[quote name='eastx']People who join the site just to beg for codes are lame.[/QUOTE]

Who said I came here just to do that?

Crap. After I register Mario Kart Wii I'll be at 300. I'm going to need to buy a game to get those posters....

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']I'm serious, I want an honest answer. Do you lose your status after using all your coins?[/QUOTE]

No, you wont lose Platinum/Gold status, until the next Club Nintendo year rolls around (within the next few months)

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']I'm serious, I want an honest answer. Do you lose your status after using all your coins?[/QUOTE]

If you reached Platinum or Gold status before you used your coins, then no.

[quote name='freeorelse']Remember if you have more than 1 copy of the games with codes your other family members can register them in your family account.[/QUOTE]

What does a family account do for you? I have 2 accounts but they're not family linked or whatever. I'm surprised people got platinum status that's 14 friggin wii games + all post play surveys! I was lucky to hit gold status but half of the PINS I got were from games I got to flip :lol:

Thank you to whomever suggested the family account to register more than one of the same game. Now all I have to do is register Glory of Heracles and I'll have gold status. Should be neat to see what they send out. It'll probably suck though :(

Was going to add another account so my bro can register his games and my STREET ADDRESS goes past the limited amount of letters...

[quote name='david12795']So i have not done any surveys mentioned in this thread. but from what i read these coins will disappear after june 30th?[/QUOTE]

No. Your Gold/Platinum status resets after June 30th.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Thank you to whomever suggested the family account to register more than one of the same game. Now all I have to do is register Glory of Heracles and I'll have gold status. Should be neat to see what they send out. It'll probably suck though :([/QUOTE]

So family status allows you to pool your coins to get Gold/Platinum?

Does anyone know how many coins Wario Land: Shake It will get me? If it's the usual 50 + 10 post play it'll be enough to get my posters!

I've spent $76.78 at gamestop this past month and there wasn't even a B2G1...Has the world gone mad??

Damn, twenty away from 800 :bomb: I got's no more surverys to do( the one mentioned in this thread isn't in there for some reason ) and I'm broke.

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']Damn, twenty away from 800 :bomb: I got's no more surverys to do( the one mentioned in this thread isn't in there for some reason ) and I'm broke.[/QUOTE]
You get 10 survey points for WiiWare games, spend $10 and get 2 500pt ones.

[quote name='spacebooger']You get 10 survey points for WiiWare games, spend $10 and get 2 500pt ones.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I saw on the club nintendo list that they have Megaman 3 and Sonic 2 for the Wiiware games. I'll buy those. I can deal with loosing 10 bucks. I also get 2 good games

Edit: Wait, do you only get points from the postplay surveys for Wiiware games?

[quote name='J7.']So family status allows you to pool your coins to get Gold/Platinum?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='iRent']Does anyone know how many coins Wario Land: Shake It will get me? If it's the usual 50 + 10 post play it'll be enough to get my posters![/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='iRent']
I've spent $76.78 at gamestop this past month and there wasn't even a B2G1...Has the world gone mad??[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='J7.']So family status allows you to pool your coins to get Gold/Platinum?[/QUOTE]

Yea you can set up a few different accounts and they all count towards the main one.

Then if you have extras of games you can register them on the other accounts.

[quote name='david12795']So i have not done any surveys mentioned in this thread. but from what i read these coins will disappear after june 30th?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='worshipsf']No. Your Gold/Platinum status resets after June 30th.[/QUOTE]

Oh goood. I still 40 coins in my balance and I wouldn't mind losing that since im nowhere near close to redeeming any prices

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']Good idea. I saw on the club nintendo list that they have Megaman 3 and Sonic 2 for the Wiiware games. I'll buy those. I can deal with loosing 10 bucks. I also get 2 good games

Edit: Wait, do you only get points from the postplay surveys for Wiiware games?[/QUOTE]
Yes you only get 10 survey points for WiiWare. None for VC.

[quote name='spacebooger']Yes you only get 10 survey points for WiiWare. None for VC.[/QUOTE]

But there are certain VC games on their list

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Master System)
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

[quote name='spacebooger']Interesting... I wonder if anyone can confirm...[/QUOTE]

They do offer coins for VC games because I have surveys for the following games:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Final Fantasy
Final Fight 2
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Pulseman
Secret of Mana
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Mario Kart
Super Punch Out
Super Return of the Jedi
Super Star Wars
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

These games I have on VC however don't have surveys:

Actraiser
Alien Soldier
Breath of Fire II
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Cho Aniki
Contra III: The Alien Wars
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure
Gley Lancer
Gunstar Heroes
Ice Hockey
Kirby's Dream Land 3
River City Ransom
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Sin & Punishment
Super C
Super Castlevania IV
Super Dodge Ball
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Metroid
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Hope this helps someone out.

If I contact Nintendo to merge my accounts into a family, will they do this if both accounts are under my name? Or will they be able to see if I edit the names?

I was sitting on 400 points this year with the possibility of reaching Platinum looking bleak. But then I remembered that my dad and stepmom had a Wii, so I called him up and got the PIN number from their copy of Wii Fit Plus. That's 100 points right there, plus a free tote bag which I'll never use. I also had SMG2 unregistered, plus a few post-play surveys I hadn't done, waiting to see if I'd be able to reach Platinum. So now I'm at 590 points and just waiting for the post-plays on SMG2 and Wii Fit Plus, and I'll have the Platinum for this year.

I have 1020 coins overall. I've already got the Zelda posters. I'll get the Mario posters too, but other than that, nothing excites me.

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']SERIOUSLY?!?! Where is the survey! It is not in my to-do list.[/QUOTE]
You may have already done it. I did it a week and a half ago.

Anyone knows how many points I can get by registering my Wii console? I want to see if I should wait until July 1st or if I should do it now if it gets me to the next reward level. Thanks.

[quote name='estofan']Anyone knows how many points I can get by registering my Wii console? I want to see if I should wait until July 1st or if I should do it now if it gets me to the next reward level. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's 20 for the Wii register survey.

got an extra Pikmin New Play control code if somebody out there is willing to trade me a similar code of 50 points. Nintendo won't let me register the same game 2x. WTF.

[quote name='NineH']They do offer coins for VC games because I have surveys for the following games:

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Final Fantasy
Final Fight 2
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Pulseman
Secret of Mana
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Mario Kart
Super Punch Out
Super Return of the Jedi
Super Star Wars
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

These games I have on VC however don't have surveys:

Actraiser
Alien Soldier
Breath of Fire II
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Cho Aniki
Contra III: The Alien Wars
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure
Gley Lancer
Gunstar Heroes
Ice Hockey
Kirby's Dream Land 3
River City Ransom
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Sin & Punishment
Super C
Super Castlevania IV
Super Dodge Ball
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Metroid
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Hope this helps someone out.[/QUOTE]

You sir, have great taste in vids! :applause:No Rondo of Blood though?? Props to you for your Castlevania, Ogre Battle and Zombies Ate... purchases, all super great.

Wii Consoles released with the Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort bundle will give you 160 coins. No other Wii systems will give you coins.

All DSiWare games give you a ten coin post-play survey.

All WiiWare and Virtual Console games released after December 2008 will give you a ten coin post-play survey. Some titles released before then will give you the survey as well.

You can register multiple copies of the same game for coins if you set up a family account.

bread's done
Back