Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 20 Free Coins! [Update: 2010 Awards Now Available]

leapfrogX

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is offering 20 free coins for completing a bonus survey. Just check out the "Earn Coins" section of your account and you should see the bonus survey as one of your options. It'll help ya earn the neat Mario posters they put up a month or two back.

Edit: Seems like relatively recently they've added a "Thank You" series of surveys as well, if you've registered a console. I saw 20 coins for the Wii survey and 10 for the DS Lite survey, but there may be more. These expire June 30th so don't let em slip!

Edit: Confoosious pointed out that there is a thread dedicated to trading codes here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfpup']They don't let you register a second system either. Can't register my second Wii.[/QUOTE]

That is stupid too, can I register a controller?

Thanks for the tip.

It sounds like I need to get off my ass and do some of this stuff. I signed up for it when it first started but I never followed up and just forgot about it all.

[quote name='destro4eva']That is stupid too, can I register a controller?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, though I don't remember for sure. Wii Play you can register though I think (personally I don't think the $10 for the mini games is worth it, but it's not the worst deal ever).

Uncle, I though I got points for my Wii? Maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

I only have 100 coins, can't get anything decent.

I'll just go to my brother-in-law's house with a notebook and steal all his codes :p He won't mind I think.

[quote name='Wolfpup']They don't let you register a second system either. Can't register my second Wii.[/QUOTE]

You can register more than one system. I have four GameCubes registered (can't register my Panasonic Q...), Two DSis (although one's registered under a family account so I could get the coins for it), 2 GBAs and three Game Boy micros.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Uncle, I though I got points for my Wii? Maybe I'm confusing it with something else.[/QUOTE]

They recently did a special bonus survey for some people who had Wiis registered. Not sure exactly what the criteria was, but that was something extra. If you just bought a non-Wii Sports Resort Wii today and registered it, you're not supposed to get any coins for it.

[quote name='bigwoof']is anyone having problems logging into tthis site? i re-changed my password and i still cant get in[/QUOTE]

I have many times. I finally changed my password. Then it happened again so I tried logging in like 5 times and it finally did.

[quote name='hpv']This blows, I'm just 10 coins shy of Gold status and not due to buy another Wii game until 2012.[/QUOTE]

What's happening in 2012?

[quote name='J7.']I have many times. I finally changed my password. Then it happened again so I tried logging in like 5 times and it finally did.[/QUOTE]

I hate when websites randomly don't work like that. Not sure I've ever had it with Nintendo, but I sure have with some other sites, where I'm 100% sure I have the password and correct login, but it doesn't work. Reset, it works, then it doesn't again, etc.

[quote name='mkelehan']You have a YouTube player in your car?[/QUOTE]

I'm concerned that you would want the SMG2 soundtrack blasting in your car....

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You may have already done it. I did it a week and a half ago.[/QUOTE]

Only one I remember taking that didn't have to do with video games is the welcome survery since I only joined Club Nintendo the 25th

[quote name='Wolfpup']What's happening in 2012?[/QUOTE]

The next time Nintendo releases a game that I'm going to want to buy? It could be earlier depending on what they do with Zelda and when they release it. But if it's not that then it'll be something that they haven't announced yet and is probably more a year and a half or two years out, which would be 2012.

[quote name='hpv']The next time Nintendo releases a game that I'm going to want to buy? It could be earlier depending on what they do with Zelda and when they release it. But if it's not that then it'll be something that they haven't announced yet and is probably more a year and a half or two years out, which would be 2012.[/QUOTE]

No Metroid or The Last Story for you?

Edit: Xenoblade? Oh and I doubt Zelda would be pushed back all the way to 2012. I would think latest 2011 holiday release.

[quote name='hpv']The next time Nintendo releases a game that I'm going to want to buy? It could be earlier depending on what they do with Zelda and when they release it. But if it's not that then it'll be something that they haven't announced yet and is probably more a year and a half or two years out, which would be 2012.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iRent']No Metroid or The Last Story for you?

Edit: Xenoblade? Oh and I doubt Zelda would be pushed back all the way to 2012. I would think latest 2011 holiday release.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a ton of faith in Zelda or Metroid, but I'm still potentially interested, particularly since both are sort of reboots it seems, though both potentially worse than ever.

Last Story and Epic Micky are my two big Wii games. They're by two of my absolute favorite game designers ever.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't have a ton of faith in Zelda or Metroid, but I'm still potentially interested, particularly since both are sort of reboots it seems, though both potentially worse than ever.

Last Story and Epic Micky are my two big Wii games. They're by two of my absolute favorite game designers ever.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about Epic Mickey. I feel like that was announced years ago. I looked it up and it says it was only announced last October...For real?

[quote name='ZForce915'] but I'd take them over a poster. I'll be 30 years old in a month and I just don't see myself wanting to put posters on my wall (even if they are framed).[/QUOTE]
It depends, some posters make for excellent decorations in the right place. We're re-doing the entertainment room, but when it's done, there will be a few choice gaming posters up with the standees and other assorted nerdcore accessories. But this is essentially a game room, so it's one of the few instances where an adult would want a game poster or two.

...not necessarily the club nintendo posters, though. =X

[quote name='emperordahc']I have the original Hanafuda cards from Japan's Club Mario. Hanafuda had been my wife and my main card game we played together for years. [/QUOTE]Hanafuda was probably my favorite Clubhouse Games game, but for the life of me, I still have no clue what the heck I was doing.

I have a number of To Do's and a stack of codes to register as soon as the new year kicks in. Really hoping for some nice new additions, but if there's nothing new within a couple months, I'll blow some of the points on the Hanafuda card deck. It is a unique item. And perhaps one day, I'll learn to play.

Of course, I said that about the Mah Jong tile sets my Nana picked up for me in Japan about a hundred years ago, and I still never sat down to teach myself how to play.
blush.gif

[quote name='Magikarp830']I'm offended by your apology. :lol: Some kind of world we live in when people feel the need to apologize for having a different opinion than someone else! :lol:[/QUOTE]Ha ha! If you saw some of the stuff I've posted over the years that I had to later clarify and apologize for after the fact, you might be shocked. One would assume that with the egos and attitudes provided by online anonymity, people would have thicker skins. But apparently, folks are still far too easily offended by the random differences and opinions of total strangers who they'll most likely never meet.

Haven't done this since back when it was My Nintendo... and it appears I didn't earn anything for products already registered (Wii, DS, etc) and there is no way I can (or they were removed)

Bummer. That would put me at platinum. Guess I'm gonna have to buy some cheap first party titles :p. Any suggestions? (my Wii/DS collection is weaaakkk)

[quote name='iRent']No Metroid or The Last Story for you?

Edit: Xenoblade? Oh and I doubt Zelda would be pushed back all the way to 2012. I would think latest 2011 holiday release.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no interest in any of those. As to Epic Mickey, which others have mentioned, I'm actively disinterested in playing it. Like if it were sitting in front of me I'd go out of my way not to play it. Could be the greatest game ever (though it won't be) but I can't stand Disney character games, and not even because I dislike Disney characters. Except maybe the Jaffe game, that game's pretty boss.

I agree Zelda will probably be 2011, could be holiday 2010 but I wouldn't hold my breath, I'm just not sure if that'll be something I play eventually on rental or if I buy it. Kind of depends on what they do with it. I really liked Twilight Princess but I'm also completely done with that style of 3D Zelda game. If they go in a direction that's of interest to me I'll most likely pre-order the hell out of it but Nintendo's recent track record on heading in the direction of my interest isn't so hot. Guess I'll get to find out next week.

Which isn't to say there's anything wrong with liking the Wii or whatever (and there are definitely a handful of excellent games on the platform), my interests just lie in directions they have chosen not to take. Guess it's working out well for them financially so they'll probably keep at it, though I wish they wouldn't.

[quote name='hpv']Nope, no interest in any of those. As to Epic Mickey, which others have mentioned, I'm actively disinterested in playing it. Like if it were sitting in front of me I'd go out of my way not to play it. Could be the greatest game ever (though it won't be) but I can't stand Disney character games, and not even because I dislike Disney characters. Except maybe the Jaffe game, that game's pretty boss.

I agree Zelda will probably be 2011, could be holiday 2010 but I wouldn't hold my breath, I'm just not sure if that'll be something I play eventually on rental or if I buy it. Kind of depends on what they do with it. I really liked Twilight Princess but I'm also completely done with that style of 3D Zelda game. If they go in a direction that's of interest to me I'll most likely pre-order the hell out of it but Nintendo's recent track record on heading in the direction of my interest isn't so hot. Guess I'll get to find out next week.

Which isn't to say there's anything wrong with liking the Wii or whatever (and there are definitely a handful of excellent games on the platform), my interests just lie in directions they have chosen not to take. Guess it's working out well for them financially so they'll probably keep at it, though I wish they wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

For having a bunch of 4 and 5 star RPGs/Action RPGs in your collection I'm surprised your not interested in the titles I mentioned.

I haven't played the last 2 zelda titles but they haven't changed the formula much.

The most off putting part about the Wii is they let too much crapware onto their system. It's not just the Wii. If you look at the PS2's massive library, half of them are crap.

I actually like what they've done with the wii. If only they spent more time making games like SMG2. (not platforming but good games. SMG2 is one of the most relaxing games I've played in a while. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of how I have the sensor set up and how i hold the nunchuck and wiimote. It's something you can't experience with a normal controller.

[quote name='iRent']For having a bunch of 4 and 5 star RPGs/Action RPGs in your collection I'm surprised your not interested in the titles I mentioned.

I haven't played the last 2 zelda titles but they haven't changed the formula much.

The most off putting part about the Wii is they let too much crapware onto their system. It's not just the Wii. If you look at the PS2's massive library, half of them are crap.

I actually like what they've done with the wii. If only they spent more time making games like SMG2. (not platforming but good games. SMG2 is one of the most relaxing games I've played in a while. I don't know why. Maybe it's because of how I have the sensor set up and how i hold the nunchuck and wiimote. It's something you can't experience with a normal controller.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much that I don't have an interest in RPGs (though I like fewer and fewer of the ones released, at least of the JRPG variety), it's just that I don't like sitting down to play games on the Wii. It's really the system that I dislike more than the games, though there aren't many that I want to play on it. But it'd take all night to explain the reasoning for that and this thread would go all kinds of off course. It's not even that I don't think the Wii has merits, I'd just much rather have it as an addon for my PS3 (or even my hugely neglected 360) than as a standalone system that is so drastically under-featured in other areas. There are already too many games to play on systems that I enjoy using more so my interest in Wii games is even lower than it would be on the individual merits alone.

Sure there was tons of crap on PS2, but it also had more great games than any other system in history where as I can think of 5 retail Wii games that I've really liked. Even then it's 2010 and I don't really want to play PS2 games anymore either. I like the features of a modern console, particularly the scope that they allow, and a Wii just does not provide that experience. Plus I have to push the input button twice on my remote and then everything looks fuzzy because it's all 480p.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is fucking great though. It fixes the problem of the first Galaxy being boring and insultingly easy and with twice as many stars even if you only need a similar percentage to complete the game there is a heck of a lot more to do and the pacing is significantly better.

As far as comfort of the remote/nunchuk combination, I'll agree as far as the games that use it properly. Playing Zelda on Wii was great and still the only video game I've ever been able to play well while lying down on the couch. There's definitely something to be said for that, but for most games I still greatly prefer a gamepad. I have a feeling I'll like more games, but still not most, with that sort of controller when there is a higher fidelity pointer, more comfortably placed face buttons, and an analog stick that doesn't try to force me into one of 8 directions. I guess I'll find out this fall when Sony releases the Sexaxis Motion Dildo, assuming that they have any compelling software to go with it, which I'd put somewhere between unlikely and somewhat unlikely if I had to make a prediction of sorts.

Like I said, nothing wrong with liking the Wii. It's a system, plays some games. It just ain't for me, even though I've really liked a handful of games for it.

[quote name='Porpoise King']Haven't done this since back when it was My Nintendo... and it appears I didn't earn anything for products already registered (Wii, DS, etc) and there is no way I can (or they were removed)

Bummer. That would put me at platinum. Guess I'm gonna have to buy some cheap first party titles :p. Any suggestions? (my Wii/DS collection is weaaakkk)[/QUOTE]

Amazon has Glory of Heracles for 10.99 and you get a 10 dollar credit for a future game purchase so its about a buck after all is said and done...if you buy your games from amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EE5RKI/ref=oss_product

Probably not, but Gamestop has the same deal. That's where I bought it....I think?

Dang, I've been blown away by the Gamestop deals of late. SO awesome to see them giving Amazon a run for their money, and it's made me just discard worrying about trading in my games anywhere else. For me they're 90x more convinient anyway, so... (Heck, I was just up front about what was wrong with my Xbox and even got $50 for that (instead of $100), so I'm happy.

I transferred my info over from a MyNintendo account from way back. Does my Wii/DS/etc. not apply then to ClubNintendo? :(

Sucks, unless I already got something from MyNintendo for it... don't remember getting anything though.

Edit: Oh, I bothered to read the FAQ: DSi is the only one to get coins, DS(Lite) and Wii do not. Oh well.

[quote name='guinaevere']

I have a number of To Do's and a stack of codes to register as soon as the new year kicks in. Really hoping for some nice new additions, but if there's nothing new within a couple months, I'll blow some of the points on the Hanafuda card deck. It is a unique item. And perhaps one day, I'll learn to play.
[/QUOTE]

I've had 900 coins sitting in my account forever. The Hanafuda cards were always attractive, but I kept holding out in case there was something I might want more. Finally ordered them tonight.

A couple of things changed my mind. The first is that they are, by far, the most interesting item and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

The second is that I dropped by a local Kinokuniya bookstore. They had import Nintendo hanafuda decks (not the Club Nintendo ones). They were $28.

I have no intention of selling mine, nor do I need them to be worth anything to be cool. But it does make them seem more special than a poster or a remote holder.

[quote name='kylek85']I transferred my info over from a MyNintendo account from way back. Does my Wii/DS/etc. not apply then to ClubNintendo? :(

Sucks, unless I already got something from MyNintendo for it... don't remember getting anything though.

Edit: Oh, I bothered to read the FAQ: DSi is the only one to get coins, DS(Lite) and Wii do not. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I just went through the hassle of transferring mynintendo to club nintendo or whatever. I was also disappointed to see they just seem to forget about all my other previous system purchases. Oh well, I guess I gotta wait for the 3d ds to come out.

So, Cheap Ass Gamers. What should I get Game and Watch Collection 1 or 2?

I would get the posters, but theirs no more room on my walls XD

Edit: Only a cheap ass gamer would be able to get 800 coins in 2 weeks of being on Club Nintendo.

Edit Again: I'm actualy thinking about maybe the Hanafuda Cards.

[quote name='J7.']Say you get 300 coins, spend them all, then get 500 coins. Would they give you platinum?[/QUOTE]

If your 800 total coins were added b/w July 1st 2009 and June 30 2010, yes. Any coins not used by the 30th would still be available to you after the 1st, but they will not count towards next year's Gold/Platinum levels.

Anyone got a Wii code to trade? I've got an extra ExciteBots code that I would like to trade. I'm hoping to get to platinum by the end of June :)

funny unrelated anecdote, I am listening to an old Howard Stern and they were talking to the second Marilyn from the Munsters and apparently the owner of CAG is in-studio. Howard just gave him a plug, that was surreal :)

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']So, Cheap Ass Gamers. What should I get Game and Watch Collection 1 or 2?

I would get the posters, but theirs no more room on my walls XD

Edit: Only a cheap ass gamer would be able to get 800 coins in 2 weeks of being on Club Nintendo.

Edit Again: I'm actualy thinking about maybe the Hanafuda Cards.[/QUOTE]

Definitely go for the cards. That's easily the sweetest thing on offer.

these prizes seem to be such crap. the mario hat for being platinum was actually kinda awesome, but this other stuff is so boring. i wish you could just redeem your points for games or wii points.

I just went through all my old DS game cases (I never look at the manual before playing), and it looks like I have enough points for Platinum status for next year without even buying any new games. Huh.

I would get platinum if I could figure out how to register my new Wii for 160 coins... Apparently I'm blind and cannot find any pin to register anywhere except the normal 50 from Resort.

[quote name='Dranakin']I just went through all my old DS game cases (I never look at the manual before playing), and it looks like I have enough points for Platinum status for next year without even buying any new games. Huh.[/QUOTE]

What the heck did you buy?? Not that many Nintendo DS games come out... and only the Nintendo-published games will have the codes...

PLUS, the older games (even if they have codes), may not earn you any points. I remember trying to register a DS Lite... Nintendo used to have a different register system, and I don't think those old codes actually count toward Club Nintendo.

[quote name='Requiems']I would get platinum if I could figure out how to register my new Wii for 160 coins... Apparently I'm blind and cannot find any pin to register anywhere except the normal 50 from Resort.[/QUOTE]

How about typing in the serial number...

[quote name='Dranakin']I just went through all my old DS game cases (I never look at the manual before playing), and it looks like I have enough points for Platinum status for next year without even buying any new games. Huh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah--I totally did that. 3 years of DS games (for 3 gamers) and 6 months of Wii games was enough.

In fact, I only entered enough to inch my points right up to the line, and then a couple of days later I got a couple of Post Play Surveys to push me over the edge into Plat. I'm saving the rest of my codes for the next session.

[quote name='confoosious']just a reminder that there's a code trading thread if you guys have extras and dupes.

i'm trying to plat on my second account.[/QUOTE]

Where is this thread?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just hit my platinum status also. Only a CAG can hit platinum status 1 1/2 months after owning a Wii.[/QUOTE]
That ain't diddly we haven't even opened our Wii yet;)

Don't know if I should try to get my account merged and get 2 Golds or put them together and get 1 platinum.

bread's done
Back