Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 20 Free Coins! [Update: 2010 Awards Now Available]

leapfrogX

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is offering 20 free coins for completing a bonus survey. Just check out the "Earn Coins" section of your account and you should see the bonus survey as one of your options. It'll help ya earn the neat Mario posters they put up a month or two back.

Edit: Seems like relatively recently they've added a "Thank You" series of surveys as well, if you've registered a console. I saw 20 coins for the Wii survey and 10 for the DS Lite survey, but there may be more. These expire June 30th so don't let em slip!

Edit: Confoosious pointed out that there is a thread dedicated to trading codes here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your status resets. Your coins are good for 2 years and then expire. Your status, be it Regular, Gold, or Platinum resets at the end of this month, which is the end of their year.

So if you have 600 coins now, come July you still have 600 coins, but you have to rebuild your status to Gold and Platinum all over again.

So, if you hit Plat, and still have some surveys to do, check the deadlines on the surveys, and save them for next year if you can, so you can apply them to your 2011 status rebuild.

If you click around the Club Nintendo site, you will find they have an FAQ that will answer all your questions.

Yeah if you can't make gold (or platinum) by the 30th I wouldn't enter any more codes or do any more surveys.

I made sure I would be able to get platinum when I was at 310 pts a couple of weeks ago before I entered in any more of my old games. Since it resets so soon it would be better to save any points that won't boost you to a new level for the new year.

Have they ever offered anything in their store that went Out of Stock so far? I know it's still pretty new. I'm hoping to get some of those cards with my first 800 pts, and hopefully they will have some new things in next year. I bought one of the Super Famicom Wii controllers from someone on a forum last year, it was a Japanese Club Nintendo Platinum reward I believe. I'd love to get a free functional controller, I use the Super Famicom one with all my old games now. Wish I could use it on New SMB!

Ugh, seems you can't register codes for Japanese games on the US site. Sucks considering how much more it costs to buy import titles. :bomb:

It's the weird situation where I haven't entered any more codes since early this year...

Also weird is how I've hit platinum twice so far, when I don't feel like I buy much Nintendo stuff anymore LOL. Yet I've easily got tons more survey's to do towards NEXT year.

I'm 10 points away from Gold, and it doesn't look like I'll be hitting Platinum this year... I'm kind of sad, but there just hasn't been very much out that I wanted to purchase. There are 3 big games that I still don't have (SMG2, NSMBW and Wii Sports Resort), but I don't think I can justify spending $150 on those right now.

So go to GS, look through their used games and see if any still have a code inside. Ask the clerk if you can have it. Dummy.

[quote name='Estebon']So go to GS, look through their used games and see if any still have a code inside. Ask the clerk if you can have it. Dummy.[/QUOTE]

How is it possible for you to go from being helpful to a complete ass in one post?

Just did something a bit stupid...I was digging through games I bought this year and entering codes to hit 600 and mistakenly went over 600 instead of saving the extra to enter next month so they will count toward's next year's Platinum. Fortunately it was only 30 coins over, but with my luck I'll be 30 coins below Platinum next year.

I haven't seen this mentioned in the topic when I did a search, but aside from the two surveys. You can earn an additional 10 Coins if you have registered Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir.

Mystery Case Files Thank You Survey (10 Coins) - Expires 07/31/2010

Anyone?

"I would get platinum if I could figure out how to register my new Wii for 160 coins... Apparently I'm blind and cannot find any pin to register anywhere except the normal 50 from Resort."

And no, the serial is only used to extend warranty.

There is no way in heck I can get Platinum this year. :( I am not sure if I can even get Gold. Can anyone spare a cheap gamer some serial codes? :lol:

[quote name='Requiems']Anyone?

"I would get platinum if I could figure out how to register my new Wii for 160 coins... Apparently I'm blind and cannot find any pin to register anywhere except the normal 50 from Resort."

And no, the serial is only used to extend warranty.[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard anything about getting coins for registering a Wii.

Netflix survey just got me platinum :) Now i need 100 more to redeem for both sets of posters... hopefully going to pick up SMG 1 and 2 this coming week.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Just did something a bit stupid...I was digging through games I bought this year and entering codes to hit 600 and mistakenly went over 600 instead of saving the extra to enter next month so they will count toward's next year's Platinum. Fortunately it was only 30 coins over, but with my luck I'll be 30 coins below Platinum next year.[/QUOTE]

No biggie. It is difficult to hit it exact, unless you just have too much time on your hands ;-)

Thanks for this as I have been lazy checking the surveys and the could have expired on me. By the way if someone has a unused DS code to trade PM me. I have an extra hoyrl dusk.

I'm kicking myself now because I didn't even think about saving points that were over the limit, and I when I hit platinum last year, I had 800+ points... I could've saved 200 of those, and hit Plat this year. Still working on a friend to get me some codes from the GS he works at, still hoping!

[quote name='Requiems']Anyone?

And no, the serial is only used to extend warranty.[/QUOTE]

If you bought a Wii bundled with Sports/Sports Resort, the Club Nintendo code is located on a slip of paper included with your manuals that come with the system.

So if I hit Platinum now will I get some sort of reward on July 1st when their calender yet kicks over? Have never hit Plat. before.

And if I spend the coins now, I'm ok status wise right? I don't loose any Plat. ground b/c I spent all my coins.

Ugh, I am right on the border to maybe make a push to 600 coins (I have a ton of surveys to do and I think I have enough Wii/DS games to get me over 600) but not sure if I want to spend the time, or just have a good base for getting platinum next year.

I was pretty underwhelmed by the platinum gift last year (I would've preferred the Gold level calendar, to be honest)....

The redeem is up now... let me just say it looks awesome... :whistle2:D Can't wait to get it in the mail. I would've really wished SMG2 OST... but this one is really cool. All Mario main Characters in a nice display. Can't wait.

[quote name='Greenboom98']The redeem is up now... let me just say it looks awesome... :whistle2:D Can't wait to get it in the mail. I would've really wished SMG2 OST... but this one is really cool. All Mario main Characters in a nice display. Can't wait.[/QUOTE]

I'm real pumped about this, and I have a SNES controller for the Wii (Famicom technically) from Japan. This is cool if it's not completely cheap

[quote name='Jasonlydon']So much better than last years lame gifts!

Can't wait for my Mario Statue!

Although, Japan still wins. By a large margin.[/QUOTE]
Yea dude, this statue looks awesome! Very happy I decided to pursue Platinum :applause:

What did Japan get this year?

Edit: "Your Elite Status Reward will be distributed before the end of December, 2010. You will receive a confirmation email when it has shipped." Damnnnnnn

just ordered the statue. i know its going to be smaller than i expect and made of cheap plastic, but dang it looks nice! will look good on a shelf in the guestroom im setting up, which is going to double as the SD console room.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/07/club-nintendo-of-japan-rewards-mario-fans-with-mario-tees/

Already at 450 for next year.[/QUOTE]

icon-platinum-shield.png

I wish I had a little pin I could wear. ;)

I just entered a bunch of stuff in for the first time the past few days and got platinum. If I add in everything left, I might already have enough for platinum for next year. One game I didn't see a flyer in is Wii Fit Plus. Is that one eligible, did I just misplace the insert somewhere?

It's a cool figurine, but wasn't there a choice last time? The hat or the Punch-Out game? This time there's no choice.

Not happy with the reward. Looks OK, but small (3.9 inches high and 4.6 diameter). Really wish Platinum members could at least get the statue and calendar. I got the Gold reward calendar last year and actually like it, nice little desktop calendar with cool artwork.

Egh, barely made gold status this year, and it's a calendar :(

Guess it's better than nothing though. Lord knows how much Club Nintendo stuff I would have if it had been around back during the N64/GC days when it was first rumored.

[quote name='Wickedsoul']Sweet just ordered the Mario character statue for platinum member. It looks awesome :)[/QUOTE]

I am trying to order the statue. When I login it says I am platinum and to go order my gift but when I get there ti says I dont have enough points

bread's done
Back