Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 20 Free Coins! [Update: 2010 Awards Now Available]

leapfrogX

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is offering 20 free coins for completing a bonus survey. Just check out the "Earn Coins" section of your account and you should see the bonus survey as one of your options. It'll help ya earn the neat Mario posters they put up a month or two back.

Edit: Seems like relatively recently they've added a "Thank You" series of surveys as well, if you've registered a console. I saw 20 coins for the Wii survey and 10 for the DS Lite survey, but there may be more. These expire June 30th so don't let em slip!

Edit: Confoosious pointed out that there is a thread dedicated to trading codes here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Traitorious']
Guess it's better than nothing though. Lord knows how much Club Nintendo stuff I would have if it had been around back during the N64/GC days when it was first rumored.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really! Geez, I don't know how I've made Platinum twice, but if this had been around on the Gamecube I'm sure I would have easily made it every year.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I am trying to order the statue. When I login it says I am platinum and to go order my gift but when I get there ti says I dont have enough points[/QUOTE]

The site is probably experiencing heavy traffic right now and is acting kind of glitchy. I'd say just wait a day and it'll be fine to order it. The site first told me I'm not eligible for it then I tried to get to the page again and it said I already ordered it. >_>

[quote name='moop2001']fuck you Nintendo, all of Survey's I was waiting to do after the 30th are now gone[/QUOTE]

Probably just part of the current system overload problem. I had several of these too and they said they didn't expire until 2014 or something crazy like that (at least most of them did).

Probably just part of the current system overload problem. I had several of these too and they said they didn't expire until 2014 or something crazy like that (at least most of them did).

yeah it's the system. I log in and they are there and then aren't and then I'm not eligible for the platinum prize and then I am...

[quote name='nny']I just entered a bunch of stuff in for the first time the past few days and got platinum. If I add in everything left, I might already have enough for platinum for next year. One game I didn't see a flyer in is Wii Fit Plus. Is that one eligible, did I just misplace the insert somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I'm holding off on doing all of my surveys upfront for the next year, unless they're about to expire, because then I can take full advantage of what this thread was originally about: bonus surveys. Free coins are great, but free coins that also count toward your elite status are even better.

Oh, and the statue looks pretty sweet. Glad to be getting it.

lol everyone waking up a bit late..i got the e-mail at 7:45 this morning (was up at 6:30) and ordered at 7:50 on both my accounts :whistle2:D one to keep one to sell! woohoo!

[quote name='animemaniac14']lol everyone waking up a bit late..i got the e-mail at 7:45 this morning (was up at 6:30) and ordered at 7:50 on both my accounts :whistle2:D one to keep one to sell! woohoo![/QUOTE]

Not everyone lives on the East Coast.

Isn't the gold reward always a calendar? It's sort of a consolation prize. :) However, I've got double-platinum this year, so with no second Platinum reward, we'll probably get one of each.

[quote name='animemaniac14']lol everyone waking up a bit late..i got the e-mail at 7:45 this morning (was up at 6:30) and ordered at 7:50 on both my accounts :whistle2:D one to keep one to sell! woohoo![/QUOTE]
Yep redeemed mine at 7:15 central time without any issues. Anyone else see the notice that they may not ship until December? Did they do the same thing last year with the Mario hats?

[quote name='Techsticles']Yep redeemed mine at 7:15 central time without any issues. Anyone else see the notice that they may not ship until December? Did they do the same thing last year with the Mario hats?[/QUOTE]
I got my copy of Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! (!!!!) on October 28.

I clicked the "congratulations you won an elite status reward" and all that I see at the top of the screen is 2010 Elite Status Rewards and nothing else.

the site has been hit with too much traffic today.
Seeing as how the rewards won't be shipping out for months, best to check back tomorrow.
You have until the end of july to claim the reward.

Guys, do your reward points get reset at the begging of there yearly cycle?

It's confirming that im an elite member, but i dont see my 980 points i had saved up. I hope its just there site acting up due to all the traffic....:cry:

When you claim the reward, does it cost you 600 coins for the Plat prize? Or do you get to keep the coins after claiming the reward?

I went Platinum but can't get my order in as the site has been hammered. I'm hoping I can save my coins for something else (the collectible card set.)

The statues are nice (better than the hat last year) but still not as good as what Japan gets. I bought a Super Famicom Wii controller from another forum member that was a Platinum Prize in Japan. That thing is great, I use it nearly every day. Last year the Platinum Prize was a reissue of a Game and Watch game. I hope Nintendo of America starts getting items like that, something that gamers would actually enjoy and could use if they choose!

[quote name='DJ_Tet']When you claim the reward, does it cost you 600 coins for the Plat prize? Or do you get to keep the coins after claiming the reward?

I went Platinum but can't get my order in as the site has been hammered. I'm hoping I can save my coins for something else (the collectible card set.)

The statues are nice (better than the hat last year) but still not as good as what Japan gets. I bought a Super Famicom Wii controller from another forum member that was a Platinum Prize in Japan. That thing is great, I use it nearly every day. Last year the Platinum Prize was a reissue of a Game and Watch game. I hope Nintendo of America starts getting items like that, something that gamers would actually enjoy and could use if they choose![/QUOTE]

The gold and platinum prizes are "free", they don't deduct from your points.

Your points do not get reset each year, just your status of Nobody, Gold, or Platinum. So as of today (July 1, 2010), regardless of your total points, you are now a Nobody, and you must start to build up all your points again to become Gold or Plat for the year that ends June 30, 2011.

You keep your points for roughly 2 years or more (go read the fine print on the site).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Techsticles']Yep redeemed mine at 7:15 central time without any issues. Anyone else see the notice that they may not ship until December? Did they do the same thing last year with the Mario hats?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they shipped the hats last year in November if I remember correctly.

[quote name='lawdood']Yeah, they shipped the hats last year in November if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Got ours before Halloween. Our son was Mario thanks to that hat. :)

[quote name='donssword']Your points do not get reset each year, just your status of Nobody, Gold, or Platinum. So as of today, regardless of your total points, you are now a Nobody, and you must start to build up all your points again to become Gold or Plat.

You keep your points for roughly 2 years or more (go read the fine print on the site).[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Guys, do your reward points get reset at the begging of there yearly cycle?

It's confirming that im an elite member, but i dont see my 980 points i had saved up. I hope its just there site acting up due to all the traffic....:cry:[/QUOTE]
Points reset after 2 club years (july 1-june 30) So if you've been storing them they will reset after 2 club years. I just logged in and claimed my Elite statue reward. My points are in tact because I've been ordering 1-2 items as I build points for them.

just ordered the figurines, and finished off all my post surveys and registrations that i postponed for the new year.

All I need is 10 more coins and I'll already be 2011 Platinum lol. Need to get the coins so I can forget about this until next year :)

I'm new to the club and I wasn't aware that elite status resets on June 30th. I had entered a code for New Super Mario Bros. Wii a week or so ago and got 50pts. Is there anyway I can make them count for this new year?

Just put in my order for the figurine. It looks really nice but I was a little off-put when I noticed Luigi's stance was identical to a Luigi mini-figure I keep on my desk.

weege.png

Did they recycle all the character molds from an earlier PVC set or did ol' Weege just get the shaft again?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm new to the club and I wasn't aware that elite status resets on June 30th. I had entered a code for New Super Mario Bros. Wii a week or so ago and got 50pts. Is there anyway I can make them count for this new year?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='HeroesNoMore']Just put in my order for the figurine. It looks really nice but I was a little off-put when I noticed Luigi's stance was identical to a Luigi mini-figure I keep on my desk.

weege.png

Did they recycle all the character molds from an earlier PVC set or did ol' Weege just get the shaft again?[/QUOTE]

We were already discussing this in the Club Nintendo thread earlier today. Out of all the figures, the only sculpts I don't recognize from previous toys are the Mario/Yoshi and Peach ones.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm new to the club and I wasn't aware that elite status resets on June 30th. I had entered a code for New Super Mario Bros. Wii a week or so ago and got 50pts. Is there anyway I can make them count for this new year?[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately I don't think so :(

I ended up saving up a big pile of registrations to do now because of that. You'll probably always lose at least some points though :whistle2:/

I hate that points drop off for the normal rewards after two years too! I'll have to order SOMETHING here sooner or later. Those Mario and Link posters are pretty cool.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No, unfortunately I don't think so :(

I ended up saving up a big pile of registrations to do now because of that. You'll probably always lose at least some points though :whistle2:/

I hate that points drop off for the normal rewards after two years too! I'll have to order SOMETHING here sooner or later. Those Mario and Link posters are pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

The Hanafuda cards are really nice. They come in a classy little plastic box that snaps shut.

[quote name='Vegan']The Hanafuda cards are really nice. They come in a classy little plastic box that snaps shut.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered those =D I had a ton of points sitting there hoping there would also be new rewards come July 1st, so I just bit on these.

I'm also already Platinum for 2011...LOL I might just start selling Club Nintendo points on eBay, I still have 430 point cards to redeem and probably accumulate AT LEAST another 800 over the next year.

[quote name='Vegan']The Hanafuda cards are really nice. They come in a classy little plastic box that snaps shut.[/QUOTE]
I ordered those earlier this year since I had about 800 points that were reaching the 2 year expiry mark. I have 430ish point saved up now, but debating on getting a poster set or waiting to see if any new prizes get added in the next few months.

The platinum reward is kind of cool, but the gold one is totally meh. I wish they'd let me trade that shit for some more coins so I can get some sweet, sweet Mario hanafuda action going.

bread's done
Back