Club Nintendo Downloadable Games Updated

sykotek

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
In for Majora's Mask. Was planning on downloading it at some point this year. Saves me $10. Looks like the line-up will change on 2/1, as these expire on the 31st. I really like that you can get games with coins now, and they're changing them up often.

[quote name='KtMack23']Majoras Mask is the only 3D Zelda I've never finished. I had to follow a guide the whole way because its so hard and that's just not fun.[/QUOTE]

Really? I purchased it on the N64 the day it came out, and it took me two days to beat it. I thought it was easy and the funnest of the Zelda games so far. I guess we just have different tastes.

Where are you all getting these coins? I guess I should buy more Nintendo games or go through all of them in my backlog for the coins.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Where are you all getting these coins? I guess I should buy more Nintendo games or go through all of them in my backlog for the coins.[/QUOTE]

There is a piece of paper or two with a registration code to register your games/hardware. These give you coins when registered. Hardware like wii/ds/etc gives more coins than software.

I really wish this had been the 3D Classics Kirby, since that's really high on my wish list...but I suppose it's nice to finally play the game that started the whole Kirby series (I didn't own a Gameboy) for essentially free (thanks to all those Ambassador coins).

[quote name='KtMack23']With the 3 $5 3ds games at BB and $5 other M, I got 200 coins for $20[/QUOTE]

What 3DS games were $5 at BB?

I really want Majora's Mask on 3DS, I hate the Wii. I'll get Kirby though, I loved it for Gameboy. I beat it probably 20 times.

very happy i held off on the last crop of games.

majora's mask is the last zelda game i need to play/buy, so i grabbed that(still would rather play an OoT3d'esque remake, but for free I'll play the N64 version)

and i grabbed dr. mario for 3ds, already own the wii version. can never have too much dr. mario.

i personally think its a little silly to analyze the coin "value" of the games compared to dollars. these are just little bonuses for buying nintendo stuff. just relax and enjoy. no need to overthink.

[quote name='Cheapskate']
What 3DS games were $5 at BB?[/QUOTE]

if i remember right i think it was pilotwings, steel diver, and maybe nintendogs. i was actually in the process of buying steel diver , and got distracted by something so i never checked out.. guess i didn't want it so bad :lol:

[quote name='Blaster man']I think it's great too. I'd much rather have a game, even a download game, than some stuff that I consider junk for kids. I don't want stickers, folders, notebooks, or bags with mario on them. That might have been cool when I was in the first grade but no so much anymore.[/QUOTE]

To be fair they do have some pretty neat items (like the Game and Watch device, Mii Poster, other posters). I actually find the selection of non-game items to be quite nice.

But, like you, I'd rather have a game so I'm happy they are going this route.

Damn, bought Majora's Mask a couple of months ago. Have more than enough points to get it free. Oh well, awesome for those who do not have it. It's actually not as bad as I thought it was when I first tried it when it first came out.

I need to double-check if I already have Kirby (I know I have the 3D classic, but I'm not sure if I grabbed the original GB game yet) but if I don't already have it I'll grab it and Majora's Mask! :)

[quote name='Cheapskate']I really wish this had been the 3D Classics Kirby, since that's really high on my wish list...but I suppose it's nice to finally play the game that started the whole Kirby series (I didn't own a Gameboy) for essentially free (thanks to all those Ambassador coins).

What 3DS games were $5 at BB?[/QUOTE]

It was a Deal of the Day a few weeks ago and they had Pilotwings and Silent Diver each for $5.

Or maybe if someone wanted to gift it to me as a favor because I don't really feel like buying 2000 points when I only need 1200... I'd be willing to send you the money through paypal immediately

edit: or i'd be willing to give you a game from this new batch of games

I have about 1600 unused coins so far. Debating whether to buy the game and watch collection items for collecting purposes (these go for a nice amount on ebay) or to start buying some games. This month I am interested in MM (which I bought on a wii I sold last year, hate that you can't transfer licenses like Xbox/ps3).

Sweet! I have an over abundance of coins (hit platinum for the second time and hardly spend them) and Majora's Mask is definately a grab.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']well now i feel stupid about buying fluidity last night.
I was actually planning on buying majoras mask for ages
thanks[/QUOTE]

Did you already redeem the code? I'd be welling to do a trade

I guess some folks are not satisfied by free. $60 for three 1st party wii titles gets you a select free $10 game. Or $100 at TRU b2g1, or $150 full retail. So worst case is still 6% back. Without even mentioning the extra coin rewards. It's like that stupid Jimmy Fallon ad that not everyone likes more.
And jaysonguy- dlc is dlc is dlc. It's not add-on dlc, is what I assume you meant. Or you could care a little bit less about stuff that couldn't possibly matter.

[quote name='Blaster man']There is a piece of paper or two with a registration code to register your games/hardware. These give you coins when registered. Hardware like wii/ds/etc gives more coins than software.[/QUOTE]

And be sure to check back at Club Nintendo a week or two after you register. You can do followup surveys on games you've registered or downloaded and earn another 10-20 coins per survey.

[quote name='vherub']I guess some folks are not satisfied by free. $60 for three 1st party wii titles gets you a select free $10 game. Or $100 at TRU b2g1, or $150 full retail. So worst case is still 6% back. Without even mentioning the extra coin rewards. It's like that stupid Jimmy Fallon ad that not everyone likes more.
And jaysonguy- dlc is dlc is dlc. It's not add-on dlc, is what I assume you meant. Or you could care a little bit less about stuff that couldn't possibly matter.[/QUOTE]

$100 for a $10 free game? Your doing it wrong.

BB few weeks ago had 5 nintendo 3DS titles for 5 each and they flipped to 10-12 each + $10.00 for 3 trade in at GS at the time.

Many more examples of how to get the points for cheap or free.

I've never bought games to get coins.. they're more of a bonus if anything. I think I've received platinum status twice without ever trying to get more coins, and got some decent rewards out of it like the mario hat, pin set, DS pouch, DS lite case, and one of the game and watch collections. The downloadable Wii/3DS games are probably the best rewards though, although I have to admit the Zelda posters look pretty sweet.

It's kinda nice that any 3DS Ambassadors got 200 bonus coins for doing post play surveys for the 20 games we got for free. Get 2 of the 100 coin games and its like getting 22 free games.

[quote name='KemperJones']It's kinda nice that any 3DS Ambassadors got 200 bonus coins for doing post play surveys for the 20 games we got for free. Get 2 of the 100 coin games and its like getting 22 free games.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I was surprised when those showed up in my account. Not to mention it gets you 1/3 of the way to platinum, which = more free stuff

[quote name='forweg']Is Dr. Mario: Online Rx worth it? Any impressions?[/QUOTE]
Yes, especially for just 100 coins. Bought it long ago for 1000 Wii points ($10). Dr. Mario was one of my post played NES games as a kid and still holds up today.

I'm probably going to grab the DSi version of Dr. Mario for my 3DS.

-Update-
Redeemed Dr. Mario Express. It's a little weird playing this title on such a small screen, but still good puzzling fun with the same "I'm going to screw you over with this next cascade" mentality in Vs play.

Thanks OP. Gonna grab MM.

Logged in and had 10 post-play surveys. The first 8 gave me 10 points, but number 9 didn't. Is there a max to the number you can do per day or per year?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Does anyone know if MM on the virtual console is prone to freezing like the collectors edition disc is?[/QUOTE]

I beat the entire game on the collectors edition recently. Didn't freeze once. What are you taking about?

On topic: Bought Kirby.

[quote name='tlwizard']Thanks OP. Gonna grab MM.

Logged in and had 10 post-play surveys. The first 8 gave me 10 points, but number 9 didn't. Is there a max to the number you can do per day or per year?[/QUOTE]

I've never had that be an issue. I've done roughly 15 in a single day before.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I mean exactly what I said.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/919239-the-legend-of-zelda-collectors-edition/46864577

Apparently the rumble causes freezing, I guess I had it on? For this game to freeze even once is maddening, considering the save system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had MM through the CE disk freeze once when caught by a Deku Guard or something like that...forget exactly what happened. Probably due to the rumble feature like some people have mentioned (and I was playing with a rumble-less Wavebird which made it worse >.

So far I have grabbed all the 3DS games they have put on coin sale. My coins are taking a beating! I got enough for next month but I'm already platinum. I cant keep up with monthly updates! I'm tempted to get Majora Mask but like a few people have said, I'm waiting for the almost guaranteed 3DS version.

Pretty awesome game update, got both 3DS games.

Thanks a ton to Blockbusters for giving me tons of Club Nintendo codes for cheap :p. (Along with the 20 Ambassador games)

Hmn... have the Zelda CE GC game... should I get this? Have tons of coins to burn through... not sure... probably will be the same thing... might just skip this one :whistle2:( Not sure what to do :whistle2:/

Does anyone know if they've announced anything about being able to transfer the virtual console games from the Wii to the Wii U? That would be pretty awesome if you could. Which means it probably won't happen.

I think I'll get Majora's Mask anyway and possibly Dr. Mario for the 3DS.

Thanks for the post OP. I never would have checked my Club Nintendo account. As it turns out, I have 270 coins in the bank. Looks like I'm getting at least two games!

bread's done
Back