Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bmulligan']I wonder what the "special gift" will be and if they wait until the year expiration to send it or if they send it as soon as you reach platinum status.[/quote]They send it at the end of the Club Nintendo year. It's in the FAQ, I believe.

[quote name='bmulligan']Just add another family member to your account. They'll allow 1 copy of a game per family member in one main, "family" account. I did it and registered 2 copies of Mario Kart DS and MP Hunters already.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you didn't get coins for the 2nd registered of the same game, right? That's what it states in Nintendo's FAQ.

I'm holding out for that fancy SNES classic controller.

And yes, I got the coins for the second copies of MP hunters, Nintendogs, and Mario Kart.

I AM PISSED OFF NOW

I realized my BF had a My Nintendo account for when he registered his DS a few years back.
Well, I signed him up for Club Nintendo and it went through PERFECTLY.

I am logged in under him with NO problems.

NOW WHAT THE fuck DO I TELL NINTENDO?! They do NOT want to listen to me!!
It's NOT their server, it's NOT the website.. there is SOMETHING wrong with my log in!!

[quote name='eugaet']Well, it's been over 2 days since I first tried to transfer my My Nintendo account over to Club Nintendo. Still no verification email. Still can't log in. So I continue to wait.[/quote]

I'm having the same problem. I can do the transfer but every time I try to login it won't take.

:(

--
If we create a family account, we can both register games and earned a combined total of points---right? I know it's only ONE of each copy, that's fine..

I don't know if it'll be safe to try and log in under him and make one of them family accounts..

[quote name='lilboo']:(

--
If we create a family account, we can both register games and earned a combined total of points---right? I know it's only ONE of each copy, that's fine..

I don't know if it'll be safe to try and log in under him and make one of them family accounts..[/QUOTE]

Yes, but if you break accounts in the future, all coins stay with the "administrator" of the family account.

And you should get the coins for repeat copies, one per member.

THAT WORKED!
THAT WORKED!

THAT WORKED!
THAT WORKED!
...Sorta

So I sent myself an invite from him.. I accepted. It asked me to log in and I almost cried. BUT IT WORKED!!

So I made sure our address' where up to date..and all.
He only registered a DS and Mario Kart DS back in the day...

None of my stuff is showing up..except for this World of Goo..but it has "0 coins".. now, will it take a few days for my stuff to show up?

Should I go look for my codes and start to enter???

[quote name='lilboo']THAT WORKED!
THAT WORKED!

THAT WORKED!
THAT WORKED!
...Sorta

So I sent myself an invite from him.. I accepted. It asked me to log in and I almost cried. BUT IT WORKED!!

So I made sure our address' where up to date..and all.
He only registered a DS and Mario Kart DS back in the day...

None of my stuff is showing up..except for this World of Goo..but it has "0 coins".. now, will it take a few days for my stuff to show up?

Should I go look for my codes and start to enter???[/quote]

With all the issues you appear to be having, I would say wait for a bit to make sure nothing disappears or things don't magically start screwing up. Don't want to risk losing all those coins or something...

I just registered 2 DS games..and.. I have 60 coins.

Sigh.
I DO hope that my old stuff (on top of all those qualifying VC/WiiWare titles..) come through with their coins...

World of Goo (I just got it a few hours ago) is showing up, but as 0 coins.

Did anyone have a similar situation? Did your coins eventually pop up..? When?!

Thanks!
Your products didn't even show up either, right? I mean it looks like I have no account at all ;) That's why it worries me a bit.

Is there a browser that seems to work better for logging onto the site? I've tried both IE and Firefox and I can't get logged in period. The site will confirm my password if I use the "SIGN UP" button and says it transferred my info from my Nintendo.com account but then immediately kicks me out. Then when I try to log back in it tells me my username or password are incorrect every single time.

I'm going to recommend anyone who can't get in.. try a family account.. :lol: try creating a account, then inviting your e-mail to it.

Is this normal:
World of Goo doesn't offer a survey, so it's there, but at 0 points? Will the survey appear eventually?

Also, as I was putting my PINs in, I've had quite a few that were already entered. However, after 2 of these errors "Pokemon Diamond" and "Clubhouse Games" showed up..and I wasn't even registered them :lol:
..So, should I keep registering stuff that's been registered to see if things pop up or was this just a coincidence? :lol:

[quote name='Chitown021']Is there a browser that seems to work better for logging onto the site? I've tried both IE and Firefox and I can't get logged in period. The site will confirm my password if I use the "SIGN UP" button and says it transferred my info from my Nintendo.com account but then immediately kicks me out. Then when I try to log back in it tells me my username or password are incorrect every single time.[/quote]

I couldn't do it with IE, but I got it to work with Netscape a day ago or so even when other people were still having problems.

[quote name='lilboo']Is this normal:
World of Goo doesn't offer a survey, so it's there, but at 0 points? Will the survey appear eventually?

Also, as I was putting my PINs in, I've had quite a few that were already entered. However, after 2 of these errors "Pokemon Diamond" and "Clubhouse Games" showed up..and I wasn't even registered them :lol:
..So, should I keep registering stuff that's been registered to see if things pop up or was this just a coincidence? :lol:[/quote]

I always go back to the home page of the site to enter, it appears that in other places where you can type the code in, that the page doesn't refresh right or continue onto the page you need to be.

That's why you get a message saying the code might already be used.

at least for me...

I am going to see about getting my VC credited... I'm hovering on 500 right now and just wanted to wait to see how much more I need to type in to pass 600.

..So, should I keep registering stuff that's been registered to see if things pop up or was this just a coincidence? :lol:[/quote]

VC/WiiWare Games don't have surveys yet. My Secret of Mana has no survey.

Stupid question: how can I get my VC games to show up on there?

I had no problem getting in and doing all the surveys tonight. I ended up with 830 points, and went for the Game and Watch Collection first. I still have 2 more DS games to register, and a bunch of VC stuff to add to if I can ever figure that out.

Okay, for all those complaining about older titles that don't count toward coins...

I cut/pasted my registration list and played around with it. Assuming 10 coins for all Wii Downloads, 30 coins for all GBA/DS titles and 50 coins for all GCN/Wii titles (80 for Wii Fit), I'd have 3,810 coins. Instead, I have 1,480. And I'm not complaining... ;)

A couple of days ago Earthworm Jim was showing up for me on my To-Do list. Now it doesn't. Should I be worried, or should I care?

..So, should I keep registering stuff that's been registered to see if things pop up or was this just a coincidence? :lol:[/QUOTE]

My surveys didn't appear until a full day after the 'qualifying' games appeared on my list, and then I kept getting booted out after 1 or 2 of them. And they didn't all show up at the same time, they trickled in in 3 separate batches.

[quote name='UncleBob']Okay, for all those complaining about older titles that don't count toward coins...

I cut/pasted my registration list and played around with it. Assuming 10 coins for all Wii Downloads, 30 coins for all GBA/DS titles and 50 coins for all GCN/Wii titles (80 for Wii Fit), I'd have 3,810 coins. Instead, I have 1,480. And I'm not complaining... ;)[/QUOTE]

I've only got 480, and I know mine should be much higher than that, even cutting out all the Gamecube and GBA stuff.

Why are you people talking about Gamecube and GBA stuff- or anything else for that matter that isn't on the list? You don't get points for every VC download and every Wii game. Only specific titles.

Okay, nevermind, you're just bragging...I think I get it.

The Nintendo DS Game Card and Stylus Set (Animal Crossing Theme) looks cool. I only have 350 points. I better register my other games.

Holy crap, this has started already? I'm completely confused by the last couple of pages. What the hell am I supposed to do? :lol:

I'll log into my "My Nintendo" account, I guess, and see if it says anything. I haven't been on there in ages.

How did I miss this?

Edit - OK, that was easy. I now have 24 surveys to complete :rofl:.
It looks like some other people had trouble getting stuff transfered and updated right away. I guess it paid off
for me to be out of the loop on this at first - seems things have settled down now, maybe?

Edit #2 - Yay, 50 coins just for the Wii Play survey. Do they all give this many coins? If so, I can haz rewards already!

Everything has shown up with no problems for me except for the following:

-New Super Mario Bros.
-Mario Kart DS
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Anyone else? Two DS games and one VC game.

OK, I'm looking right now at my complete registered products list... There's my Gamecube registered in 2005, Pikmin 2, etc...

Both Mario Kart DS and NSMB are on there (I didn't buy Sonic). Should they also have survey's associated with them?

Edit - ah, yes, I have surveys to do for both as well.

I honestly wouldn't know if anything else was missing or not, though, as I have so many things registered from before. At least they are giving points for semi-old Wii stuff like Super Paper Mario and for some older DS games I wouldn't have expected them to (like Mario Kart and NSMB). I guess those are still hot-selling titles, though, so they couldn't just ignore them... Do we have a complete list of things that should get points somewhere? Seriously, all this crap needs to go in the OP!

So what is this Game & Watch Collection game for the DS? I mean, I know vaguely what the game and watch games were, but what do we know about this version specifically? Is it any good?

As for the list, I'll get it started and add this info to the OP. Here is what I was offered surveys for when I transfered my account:

:wii:
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Strikers Charged
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Play

:wii: (Wii Ware and VC):
World of Goo

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age
Clubhouse Games
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS

Note that there are several other games I haven't entered the codes for yet (like Animal Crossing City Folk).

EDIT AGAIN - OK, I went back about 8 pages and saw Tybee posted a list from the FAQ. I WILL ADD THAT TO THE OP NOW! It is no use buried in the midst of this thread :lol:.

THIRD AND FINAL EDIT:
Ok, so looking at that complete list, I'm missing all of the following: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Zelda; Twilight Princess, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 8, Mario Super Sluggers, Wario Land Shake It, Wii Fit, Electroplankton, Elite Beat Agents, Flash Focus, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Hotel Dusk, Mario Party DS, Master of Illusion, Myster Case Files, one of the Nintendogs, Professor Layton, and Yoshi's Island DS.

I have not entered the codes for all of those to be sure (some, like Fire Emblem, are in fact, still sealed). But it sure seems like I would have entered at least a few of those. So now I gots to track down all those codes and see if any are truly lost from the web site - too early to say right now... (OK, I lied before - got one more edit: tracked down 4 random games and they still all had unused codes so chances are I just never entered any of those games. I remember hearing about the new club stuff and holding off in case they did something stupid like only take new registrations from a certain date onwards - this is Nintendo, after all ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Stupid question: how can I get my VC games to show up on there?

I had no problem getting in and doing all the surveys tonight. I ended up with 830 points, and went for the Game and Watch Collection first. I still have 2 more DS games to register, and a bunch of VC stuff to add to if I can ever figure that out.[/quote]

Apparently you have to email Nintendo for your VC games to show up. They've replied to me and need my Wii serial number and some other info.

Can anyone help me with this. I have a registration card that I didn't write the game name on. It has Mario on the front and the PIN begins with LZ4... any ideas what game this is for? I don't want to enter it because if it is a dupe (which I have many game pairs) then I won't get coins and someone else can't register it later so I've wasted a code trade opportunity.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. It must be Mario Party DS...

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my other stuff showed up yet... :(

Just Pokemon Diamond & Clubhouse Games.. DURING when I was registering. :(........

OK, so NOW I read that your Gold/Platinum status gets reset each year in June and that if you reach that status each year you get some sort of reward. So now I'm kind of regretting just doing all my Wii game surveys and getting up to 640 already. I probably should have held off on a few. I guess I can just keep those other games unentered (and all my DS game surveys undone) until next July. I'll probably get enough for the Game & Watch game (after I hear more about it) and then stop putting codes in - though I don't want to miss those bonus points for preregistering and then adding the codes in right after it comes out (Wii Sports Resort is probably a good candidate for that).

[quote name='ZForce915']Are your Wii and DS systems supposed to get you points/coins?[/QUOTE]
No, only the games on the official list get coins. Anything else just gives you bragging rights.

And I didn't have to email Nintendo about VC games. Granted, none of what I bought are worth coins, but everything I've purchased via the Wii now shows up in my registration list. The fact that the waste of space that is "My Pokemon Ranch" isn't worth any coins kinda burns me up inside, though.

IMHO, the Game & Watch Collection isn't worth it. It's only got 3 G&W games on it, less then the first Gameboy Game & Watch Gallery game! What?!? And they don't even tell you which games it has. The other stuff on the store is a lot more unique and worth picking up IMHO, except for the Wii remote holder. Those cards are really nice looking. Would love to have both the Animal Crossing and Mario Party sets. Too bad there's no way I'll earn enough before those options are gone. Which brings up a question...

... do we expect that the items available will only be available for a limited time and then never to be seen again, replaced with others, or will these things be available forever with new stuff added periodically? If they are going to take stuff away for good, those of you with huge potential for coins might want to reconsider whether or not you want to save registrations for next year. But I don't know - maybe the stuff will be available for a long time, perhaps for many years.

I'm not sure if I'm going to spend any points until the next batch of gifts shows up. If I open up all the random sealed DS games I have sitting around, I'll be up around 800 points. I'd hate to cash in those points for something like the G&W DS game only to have the Wii Super Nintendo controller show up next summer.

Same here, I'm holding onto my points in hopes of a controller or something similar. The cards sure are tempting though. A nice shirt or hoodie would be cool too.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Can anyone help me with this. I have a registration card that I didn't write the game name on. It has Mario on the front and the PIN begins with LZ4... any ideas what game this is for? I don't want to enter it because if it is a dupe (which I have many game pairs) then I won't get coins and someone else can't register it later so I've wasted a code trade opportunity.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. It must be Mario Party DS...[/quote]

Think you're wrong. LZ4 is probably a Legend of Zelda game...either Twilight Princess or Phantom Hourglass. I can confirm which when I get home tonight.

[quote name='Draekon']Damn, they don't give points for Excite Truck and Battallion Wars 2? Bastards.[/quote]

Yeah, that is a real slap in the face, IMO. It's like they reward you for buying the popular first party games, but punish you for buying the lesser known ones. Even worse, no Square-Enix games. You pay $40 for a DS game and no coins? WTF?

[quote name='io']So what is this Game & Watch Collection game for the DS? I mean, I know vaguely what the game and watch games were, but what do we know about this version specifically? Is it any good?[/quote]

I think if you are a G&W fan from back in the day, the G&W Collection would probably be worth it to you. I've always had a special affection for them, as my parents would give one to my brother and I every time we went on a trip. Even got to pick a few out ourselves when we'd go to NYC. I still have all of them, along with several more I picked up off eBay in college. So I'm a fan.

If you're not as familiar with G&W, there's probably better ways to spend your points. It's more valuable as a collector's item than a full-fledged DS game. And as crunchewy pointed out, the Game & Watch Gallery titles for GB, GBC, and GBA were much more elaborate and better values if you're interested in learning about G&W.

Here's an overview of the G&W Collection on IGN: http://ds.ign.com/articles/725/725434p1.html

...so on my BF's account it says he's been a member since June 25 2006 which is probably right.. but for me, it says I've been a member since.. 12/18/08... :whistle2:|

....I've been registered since 2004 or 2005....

Man. I really hope all those games are not gone.........

[quote name='lilboo']...so on my BF's account it says he's been a member since June 25 2006 which is probably right.. but for me, it says I've been a member since.. 12/18/08... :whistle2:|

....I've been registered since 2004 or 2005....

Man. I really hope all those games are not gone.........[/quote]

There was something in the F.A.Q. about being able to call Nintendo and get accounts merged or something to that effect. If they don't show up, you should try your luck with that venue.

Wow, I first registered 2002. So I've been waiting for Club Nintendo for 6 years, and all I can afford is a Wii Remote holder :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back