Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crunchewy']I didn't get that email, but the club nintendo home page seems to be broken. When I try to login I get a "Whoops!" page.[/QUOTE]

If you log in to your account it doesn't actually show that I registered Metroid. Just a glitch I assume.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I don't know if you have a Michaels in your area- but in my area (NY, Queens)... frames are always on sale.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I have a few branches near my work, I'll stop by and see if I get lucky wth any of their sales.

I'm thinking most of the people here are getting the email because they filled out the intend to buy questionaires.

I did get Trilogy and regged it and I got the email... so it's still a bit nutty. Need to find people that didn't intend to buy to blow this theory out.

I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy email and I did not fill out the intend to buy survey.

The only intend to buy survey I've ever filled out is New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

[quote name='gamegirl79']I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy email and I did not fill out the intend to buy survey.

The only intend to buy survey I've ever filled out is New Super Mario Bros. Wii.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Although, I've never filled ANY 'intend to buy survey'. I think somebody fell asleep on the switch, and hit the 'send to all' button by mistake.

heads up to anyone who has super mario 64 DS I just noticed my post play survey expires on Nov. 21, 2009 so if anyone has this game you better register it now (hopefully you get a post play survey?). I don't what happens if you register the game after that date.

Weird. All of my post-play surveys are far in the future. The earliest expiration date is in 2012! Are you sure you aren't talking about the pre-play survey, for lack of a better name? Those expire much sooner.

[quote name='oemor']heads up to anyone who has super mario 64 DS I just noticed my post play survey expires on Nov. 21, 2009 so if anyone has this game you better register it now (hopefully you get a post play survey?). I don't what happens if you register the game after that date.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']Weird. All of my post-play surveys are far in the future. The earliest expiration date is in 2012! Are you sure you aren't talking about the pre-play survey, for lack of a better name? Those expire much sooner.[/QUOTE]

Mine was the same way - but I think it is because I registered it long ago on the pre-Club web site. I had a few that expired late 2009/early 2010 and I just made sure to do those so I wouldn't forget about them. Now all mine are 2011 and beyond. Now I'm not entirely sure, though - they could have been the initial ("pre-play" as you call them) ones to get the coins from my carried-over registrations. In any case, it is a good idea to monitor your list to see what needs to be done and anything due before June of next year you might as well do - you'll have to count them for this year anyway.

But I don't think it's a problem for others registering the game later - the survey dates are based on the date you originally registered, so that Nov 21 date is specific to you, oemor ;). At least that is my understanding of how it all works.

[quote name='basketb']Just got an email from (Club) Nintendo with the following:...
The thing is, I haven't even bought the game yet, much less registered it (I did submit an intent to buy, though). Anybody else gotten similar misdirected mails?[/QUOTE]
To close the loop, just got another email from them:
Dear Nintendo Customer,

It has come to our attention that you may have mistakenly
received an email thanking you for registering a copy of
Metroid Prime: Trilogy at Club Nintendo even though you have
not registered that game. We apologize for any
inconvenience or confusion such email may have caused you.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support of
Nintendo.

Sincerely,

NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
Consumer Service Department

[quote name='io']Mine was the same way - but I think it is because I registered it long ago on the pre-Club web site. I had a few that expired late 2009/early 2010 and I just made sure to do those so I wouldn't forget about them. Now all mine are 2011 and beyond. Now I'm not entirely sure, though - they could have been the initial ("pre-play" as you call them) ones to get the coins from my carried-over registrations. In any case, it is a good idea to monitor your list to see what needs to be done and anything due before June of next year you might as well do - you'll have to count them for this year anyway.

But I don't think it's a problem for others registering the game later - the survey dates are based on the date you originally registered, so that Nov 21 date is specific to you, oemor ;). At least that is my understanding of how it all works.[/QUOTE]

The survey's expiration date is 5 years from the LAUNCH DATE of the game. Has it really been 5 years since the DS launched?! Damn!

(I monitored this for a while, and can assure you it is 5 years for every game, any system- no exception. It does not matter when you enter the pin number)

[quote name='lilboo']I think I want next year's Platinum gift to be Roy Koopa sunglasses.
That is all.[/QUOTE]
I support this idea.

Does anyone have a link to the blog with the Zelda pictures framed? I'm thinking I might want to spend my points on that.

A framed Zelda picture to me is like a Scarface poster is to everyone on MTV's Cribs. I do wish there wasn't a ESRB logo though.

[quote name='Hostile']Does anyone have a link to the blog with the Zelda pictures framed? I'm thinking I might want to spend my points on that.

A framed Zelda picture to me is like a Scarface poster is to everyone on MTV's Cribs. I do wish there wasn't a ESRB logo though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maximumzero']Alrighty, here's the two large Zelda posters framed.
zeldao.jpg

And here's the two Zelda poster's with the Metroid poster.
zelda2.jpg

BONUS!: Here's the Mario hat hanging up on my wall with the other memorabilia.
mariohat.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm quoting myself. What of it?

I registered my copy of Personal Trainer walking that I received from Amazon yesterday.

I'm now up to 620 Elite coins for the year, and thus at Platinum status.

And now 7 months of withholding Club Nintendo points so next year will be a bit easier to get to platinum. I'll have to devise a way to do this without losing the slips. :p

Mine just stay in the cases with the games.

Which reminds me, I need to register Metroid Trilogy before I forget that I haven't.

[quote name='maximumzero']
And now 7 months of withholding Club Nintendo points so next year will be a bit easier to get to platinum. I'll have to devise a way to do this without losing the slips. :p[/QUOTE]

Write the codes on the walls of your house in red marker. That way you can't possibly lose them. Unless you paint the walls red, in which case you'd be screwed.

I need to order something by end of the club calendar right? I still have my 600 or so from the first year and after this year they will be expired right?

gah.... there is nothing I want :(

I've been having this problem for a while now..nothing seems to update on my Club Nintendo page. I just took a post play survey which should give me 10 coins, I do the survey, it says thanks. Go back to the homepage, my coin balance is the same and the Post Play survey still appears as active! what gives?

I also cannot register any new games to get credit...if someone can help I'd appreciate it or I'll get around to calling Nintendo soon...

[quote name='xycury']I need to order something by end of the club calendar right? I still have my 600 or so from the first year and after this year they will be expired right?

gah.... there is nothing I want :([/QUOTE]

From the FAQ on Club Nintendo, http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/club/en/faq.jsp#vers

Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?
Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

As for me, I haven't ordered anything yet other then the Mario Hat. I've been waiting for them to update the rewards, because there's really nothing that interests me too much right now. But I'll have to spend some of my coins bynext year because in 2008 I accumulated 820 coins, so I have until June 30, 2010 to spend those 820 coins. So because of that, I'll probly get either the Mario Party or Animal Crossing Playing Cards and the Wii Remote Holder. That way I'll spend 800 coins and only loose 20. I may even get the Hanafuda cards, but if I get the other rewards I can get two things instead of one, so I think it's better to get more for my coins if I can.

thanks for the tip! Yeah i called them before about something and they were very helpful.

However, before I tried calling, I switched over to IE from Opera and it worked!! freaking Opera!! I love it for the 'syncing' bookmarks and ease of use (plus my wife never opens it on the home PC ;) ) For some reason Amazon Lightening deals stopped showing up in Opera too...oh well

There's a new survey available called "Thank you for being a member of Club Nintendo". You're able to let them know what you like/dislike about the program and earn 30 coins in the process - a nice freebie!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
  • Registration & Survey (5 years)
    • Wii - 50 points
    • DS - 30 points
  • Intend to Buy - 10 points (5 years)
  • Early Registration - 10 points (4 weeks)
  • Post-play Survey - 10 points (5 years)
Up to 80 points per Wii and 60 points per DS game. And of course coins expire 2 years + whatever is left in the current year.[/QUOTE]

Is there some way we can get the above added to the OP? The expiration question has been asked many times and should at least be in a place that's easier to find.

I wasn't planing on putting more coins on my primary account, but considering the survey expires in March 2010, I'll take the 30 free coins.

[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;6574763]There's a new survey available called "Thank you for being a member of Club Nintendo". You're able to let them know what you like/dislike about the program and earn 30 coins in the process - a nice freebie![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know about this. Completed it just now.

If anyone wants to trade a code, I have an extra one available for for Brawl.

I am looking for something of similar value... I already have Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Kart, Strikers, Paper Mario, New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime 3, and Twilight Princess.

[quote name='maigoyume']Me too, everyone better say they want the Japanese club nintendo awards OR ELSE :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Haha. I put this in the suggestion box even before seeing your post.

I filled the survey out and mention about more Japanese Club Nintendo Rewards. I also said that I would like to see more variations in their rewards.

[quote name='maigoyume']Me too, everyone better say they want the Japanese club nintendo awards OR ELSE :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Too late. I already put that I'd like to see special releases of games already translated to English but with no shot of having a real release in the US. Like Tingle's Rupeeland and Trace Memory 2. I WANT TRACE MEMORY 2.

WANT IT.

[quote name='The_Spaceman']I filled the survey out and mention about more Japanese Club Nintendo Rewards. I also said that I would like to see more variations in their rewards.[/QUOTE]

I said one thing:

"Super Famicom Controller"

[quote name='The_Spaceman']I filled the survey out and mention about more Japanese Club Nintendo Rewards.[/QUOTE]

I said that too.

And suggested adding Nintendo Points. Really, it's a brilliant cycle. You buy games, they give you points. And endless cycle.

[quote name='UncleBob']Too late. I already put that I'd like to see special releases of games already translated to English but with no shot of having a real release in the US. Like Tingle's Rupeeland and Trace Memory 2. I WANT TRACE MEMORY 2.[/QUOTE]

I also asked for the Tingle game too. Forgot about Trace Memory 2. Totally would be all over that.

[quote name='KingBroly']I said one thing:

"Super Famicom Controller"[/QUOTE]

And I said this as well. I meant to ask them for rewards for the DSi, but I forgot.

The only other thing I mentioned was game soundtracks.

[quote name='Zing']Haha. I put this in the suggestion box even before seeing your post.[/QUOTE]

You a make-a me so proud O:)

[quote name='The_Spaceman']I filled the survey out and mention about more Japanese Club Nintendo Rewards. I also said that I would like to see more variations in their rewards.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='UncleBob']Too late. I already put that I'd like to see special releases of games already translated to English but with no shot of having a real release in the US. Like Tingle's Rupeeland and Trace Memory 2. I WANT TRACE MEMORY 2.

WANT IT.[/QUOTE] I'll forgive you, since you said Tingle

[quote name='KingBroly']I said one thing:

"Super Famicom Controller"[/QUOTE]

This goes without saying :bouncy:

[quote name='UncleBob']Too late. I already put that I'd like to see special releases of games already translated to English but with no shot of having a real release in the US. Like Tingle's Rupeeland and Trace Memory 2. I WANT TRACE MEMORY 2.

WANT IT.[/QUOTE]

I become sad when I think of all the games that are available in english that we haven't gotten.

Trace Memory 2.
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
Disaster: Day of Crisis

And so on.

Um. has anyone mentioned that the Game & Watch Collection is back as a reward? I looked back a few pages and didn't see it. I just saw it as an off-hand comment in the Mario DSi deal thread.

I missed it the first time waiting for something better to come along. But now I have enough coins (and enough surveys to do/games to register to get more if needed) to get G&W and something else if that comes about.

Also, I completely forgot about my Punch-Out code. I just dug up the email and it says it can be redeemed through June 30, 2010. That's a relief - I was worried it had expired already. I guess I ought to do that one of these days!

Also, still no intend to buy on Zelda? Odd...

Oh, one more thing - is there anyone that wants to take over this thread (by making a new one and being the OP)? It is time for a new thread anyway and I just glanced at the OP and the last time it was updated was nearly a year ago and that was by me. It shouldn't be a ton of work - it would be nice to have a current list of rewards and intend-to-buy items. I'd think just a once-a-week (if that even) update would suffice. Any takers? Just post here if you are interested (don't want it via PM). First person to post who seems like a reliable CAG gets it...

I will (If you consider me reliable).

I've taken the liberty of already writing up plans for it as well. Although I'm missing a couple of things on how many coins you get from the following items:

Wii Registration
DS Lite Registration
DSi Registration
Wii Fit Plus HARDWARE Registration

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']I will (If you consider me reliable).

I've taken the liberty of already writing up plans for it as well. Although I'm missing a couple of things on how many coins you get from the following items:

Wii Registration
DS Lite Registration
DSi Registration
Wii Fit Plus HARDWARE Registration[/QUOTE]

Ya, go for it! I'm up now (and will be for a while). If you want to make it now I'll shut this one down. Or if you want to do it later, no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back