CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

i still play this multiple times a week.... its no worse then it has ever been from what i can tell. maybe even a little better since black ops is out. just my experience. actually just finished playing this.

Patch on the way...FINALLY. Addressing security issues and hackers.

Also, taking away the rock glitch on Fuel. Hopefully now we won't have to play anyone with invincibility on.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Patch on the way...FINALLY. Addressing security issues and hackers.

Also, taking away the rock glitch on Fuel. Hopefully now we won't have to play anyone with invincibility on.[/QUOTE]

Does it address noob tubers?

I played a match today on Skidrow where nearly the entire enemy team camped in one of the corner building, snipers and tubers, all of them. It stopped me cold from playing any more. And I thought I disliked campers in Black Ops...

Also curious about how MW2 is doing on consoles... I haven't played it in over a year (my gaming PC died a while ago), and my first console COD was Black Ops...

I acquired a copy of COD4 for the 360, though, and it's pretty enjoyable compared to Black Ops. Less BS and better maps. Supposedly there's de-ranking lobbies though (haven't run into one), that cause you to go to level 1 and require 4 million XP to level...

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Patch on the way...FINALLY. Addressing security issues and hackers.

Also, taking away the rock glitch on Fuel. Hopefully now we won't have to play anyone with invincibility on.[/QUOTE]

IDK but isn't it a bit late for that at this point. The Rock Glitch on Fuel? Seriously only fixing that NOW? In my opinion Infinity Ward was a fail of a company when it came to community support. They put out what, like 3 patches total so far? The game has so many problems that its not even funny.

Granted I think I put like 13 days of play time into the game and I played it all the way up until Black Ops, but all you see are ENTRIE teams of noob tubers and people exploiting glitches.

I still play MW2 sometimes to change up the pace from BO and you can now shoot people in the rock on Fuel. I don't remember being able to do that before. I love just going out there and stopping a killstreak for some camper in the rock.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I still play MW2 sometimes to change up the pace from BO and you can now shoot people in the rock on Fuel. I don't remember being able to do that before. I love just going out there and stopping a killstreak for some camper in the rock.[/QUOTE]

You could always shoot people in the rock.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']You could always shoot people in the rock.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?? I have unloaded mags before in it and didn't hit anything...lol

Popped this in the other day to check what my total playtime had been and enjoyed a few rounds. Nothing crazy like some of you but still was just under 6.5 days. I've already passed MW2 total time with Black Ops besides finishing Fallout Vegas nothing else has pulled me away. Say what you will about it but there is alot less garbage going on than in MW2...

Also noticed CoD4 is only $10 used at Gamestop, going to pick one up next time i'm near. Watched a stream the other day on Justin.tv and i've been itching for those old maps!

[quote name='$hady']Popped this in the other day to check what my total playtime had been and enjoyed a few rounds. Nothing crazy like some of you but still was just under 6.5 days. I've already passed MW2 total time with Black Ops besides finishing Fallout Vegas nothing else has pulled me away. Say what you will about it but there is alot less garbage going on than in MW2...

Also noticed CoD4 is only $10 used at Gamestop, going to pick one up next time i'm near. Watched a stream the other day on Justin.tv and i've been itching for those old maps![/QUOTE]

No, there is plenty of garbage in Black Ops. Maybe not as many hackers or glitches, but considering how bad the lag is in that game it is insane. There is basically zero hit detection and there is no way I should get 5 hit markers in hardcore on one person for him to spin and shoot me at most twice for me to die. I rarely have that issue in core modes on MW2 or COD4 and those are where people have more health. The maps are horrible, the perk selection is crap (never in a COD game have I only used like 5 perks total, I always switched to all of them other than martyrdom and last stand), and even the gun selection sucks. I could use any gun in COD4 or MW2 and feel like I had a chance, that has never been the same in W@W or BO and I am not sure why Treyarch doesn't have any real balance to the weapons.

On another note, COD4 is still pretty good. There are a lot of people that use juggernaut still because most of them suck, but other than that I have no real complaint for COD4 and the maps are great except for Bloc. There are a lot of people outside of America playing it if you are worried about connection issues, but they still tend to die pretty easily IMO.

MP5 was the best, I used that for practically a full 40 levels. MP5k is garbage though, I don't even touch it and I am ashamed to think that its a version of the original CoD4 MP5.

Does the 360 version still have a 3rd person team tactical playlist? Seems like I remember it getting replaced.. but if not... I may pick up MW2 and try it out on the 360. Black ops had everything BUT 3rd person. Not even in combat training!

Finally completed the Hijacker III challenge I inquired about a while back and (to clarify) YES, YOU CAN COMPLETE IT DURING YOUR ORIGINAL PLAYTHROUGH! Not having an actual counter for it makes completing that challenge a bitch. I can finally feel comfortable and prestige for the first time in one of these games.

[quote name='CaliSmokeDogg']Finally completed the Hijacker III challenge I inquired about a while back and (to clarify) YES, YOU CAN COMPLETE IT DURING YOUR ORIGINAL PLAYTHROUGH! Not having an actual counter for it makes completing that challenge a bitch. I can finally feel comfortable and prestige for the first time in one of these games.[/QUOTE]

How many care packages do you have to steal for this again? Do you get a title/emblem?

[quote name='Trakan']How many care packages do you have to steal for this again? Do you get a title/emblem?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was 200 crates and you do get a title.

Just watched Sandy Ravage's Live Stream, then got online and went 30-2 right out the gate with probably my all time best 6 Piece. He really does make my game better LOL.

[quote name='Trakan']How many care packages do you have to steal for this again? Do you get a title/emblem?[/QUOTE]

It's a total of 200 enemy care packages (red ones only, not green) to complete the whole challenge. There are 3 levels to the challenge:

1) 10 CP stolen - "Hijacker" title
2) 50 CP stolen - "Bounty Hunter" title
3) 200 CP stolen - Treasure chest emblem

Like I previously said, due to the lack of a counter to keep track of the steals, it's a bitch of a challenge to complete.

[quote name='CaliSmokeDogg']It's a total of 200 enemy care packages (red ones only, not green) to complete the whole challenge. There are 3 levels to the challenge:

1) 10 CP stolen - "Hijacker" title
2) 50 CP stolen - "Bounty Hunter" title
3) 200 CP stolen - Treasure chest emblem

Like I previously said, due to the lack of a counter to keep track of the steals, it's a bitch of a challenge to complete.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention I have maybe 25 stolen care packages throughout my MW2 career.

It helped that I never prestiged once I first reached Lvl 70, as the better weapons and perks came in handy (e.g. Silenced Weapons/ Marathon/ Cold-Blooded/ Ninja). Having friends playing alongside me to provide cover also helped, though it only happened a few times towards the end. One more thing: Take advantage if you end up in a lobby where you determine someone's equipped any of the care package streaks (Care Package, Sentry Gun, and Emergency Airdrop) and is successfully calling them in; just be prepared for messages calling you various profanities for stealing their care packages.

I just picked up a Prestige edition of MW2 for about $22. I saw it with a used tag on it behind the counter at Gamestop. I asked if it had everything with it and the guy said yeah. Apparently Gamestop has been sitting on some of these in stores and they decided to make them all the used price instead of the new price. And MW2 is part of their sale going on right now. So, score me.

bread's done
Back