CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']People actually OMA tube in your Dom matches and get away with it?

...Wow.[/QUOTE]

On certain maps if the team is good enough it is so easy to lock down a spawn point in domination and OMA/ danger close grenade launcher and go 25-0. Take Rundown for example, if you get the side with the hill you can shoot a OMA/ danger close tube at the flag near their spawn and they will never cap it in time unless their WHOLE team jumps on it (I have seen 4 on it that couldn't cap in time before the grenade launcher hits). Add in that since they are sending so many to one flag to get it the rest of your team can easily lock down all sides of the map to where they can't even cross let alone get to B and it is an easy nuke.

If people try that on a map that has some real balance to it, it doesn't work and can easily be countered. Same with MLC on open maps, but in close quarter maps it is insanely hard to keep a MLC person down. MVP, if the best you have seen is a +3 k/d with MLC, than you play some horrible people. In core modes it can easily dominate on most maps, my friend was doing it on Overgrown and got a chopper gunner just from knifing people. I am not saying they were all that good either, but it isn't that difficult to do on a map like Invasion or Karachi and get a lot of kills.

My initial shock was pertaining to single players and not trios or entire OMA tubing teams (which is extremely rare for me to run into these days) which is as you say is nearly impossible to counter when spawn camped depending on the map and any game type. Otherwise that shit would only fly on PSN or against complete morons. Irritating but not broken in most public MP matches where the large majority of players are out for themselves, easy to find and lock down.

I do and will always promote an OMA fix regardless of my feelings on the subject. I have no qualms with Scav whatsoever as you have actually get off your ass and expose yourself to reup.

Commando on the other hand shouldn't exist IMO so you won't find any argument there. A connection based ranged one hit kill perk should have set off a damn nuclear explosion in the head of whomever penned it on paper. Painkiller isn't much better but completely tolerable given its requirements.

I've read a few to many posts, but so far I have not experienced all these bugs or problems people are having in game besides the MLC on the ps3. I guess I am lucky?

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']My initial shock was pertaining to single players and not trios or entire OMA tubing teams (which is extremely rare for me to run into these days) which is as you say is nearly impossible to counter when spawn camped depending on the map and any game type. Otherwise that shit would only fly on PSN or against complete morons. Irritating but not broken in most public MP matches where the large majority of players are out for themselves, easy to find and lock down.

I do and will always promote an OMA fix regardless of my feelings on the subject. I have no qualms with Scav whatsoever as you have actually get off your ass and expose yourself to reup.

Commando on the other hand shouldn't exist IMO so you won't find any argument there. A connection based ranged one hit kill perk should have set off a damn nuclear explosion in the head of whomever penned it on paper. Painkiller isn't much better but completely tolerable given its requirements.[/QUOTE]

You usually don't have to go too far with scavenger, just shoot or grenade launcher them close to your camping spot and you will be fine. Most people seem to be able to have their grenade launcher explode at almost point blank range when they have danger close on.

Just a random thought- I really wish that, in Major Nelson's announcements for summer deals, they would have offered the first map pack at half price.

[quote name='Trakan']Look, this isn't my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing and how shit works. Remember you and your crew played me and mine in COD4? What I'm saying is it's bullshit. There is no counter to some of these things. If you play domination and even if you coordinate your whole team to try and cap a point, it only takes one danger close tube to get you all off it. I understand grenade launchers are in this game. They made a huge mistake by unlocking it at 10 kills and adding OMA/Scavenger/Danger Close. OMA is a good idea in theory once again, but terrible in execution. It along with Scavenger shouldn't replenish grenade launchers or equipment. If FMJ and the grenade launchers traded places as far as unlocking them goes, I think things would be more balanced. If I die even one time from a grenade launcher, especially if it's from a distance, I feel like I got screwed. With as big of a radius as they have and as little health as you have in COD, it's just not fair or balanced. It was better in COD4 because it replaced perk 1 and nobody was willing to give that up. Hell, right now Robert Bowling submitted his ideas for a patch for OMA so it won't refill grenade launchers.

I know the Commando kills are most likely network related, but that doesn't mean it's not bullshit. There's never going to be a game where everybody has 4 bars. They also gave a buff to the knife from COD4, or the hit detection is better now along with bullets, because it's way easier to knife someone. I've seen Commando-like properties when people are using Ninja.

I understand why Painkiller was added. In IW's own words, it was "to prevent spawn trapping." It's a good idea in theory, but when you can traverse half the map and still have it active, or with the broken-ass revenge spawn system they have set up, it's far too easy for them to come back with Painkiller and get you back. Like I said, I shouldn't be punished for them sucking. They shouldn't be rewarded for mindlessly running around getting killed so often.

If IW's "on the fly" system isn't to blame, than how come we don't see these problems in COD4 or WaW? When MW2 is handing me too much bullshit or I'm feeling nostalgic I'll go back and play those and there's no problems other than modded controllers. I know that MW2 is the hot game right now, but there's a reason it's happening on MW2 and only MW2.
[/QUOTE]

Whatever Trakan... It's not worth arguing with you when you clearly have your head so far up your rear that you fail to read. I pointed out each individual counter to each of those things, but apparently you are illiterate.

And yes, I do remember playing you. I remember that two people talked a lot of shit and then never bothered to even play with us. Same two people that aren't even on CAG anymore and I am pretty sure that they don't even own 360s anymore. You guys beat us, I am not arguing that... But I guess when there is a group of however many of you guys there are that have played together for at least what... 4 years at the time? You probably should beat people that had played maybe... 2 months together.

Lastly, to answer the one part that I didn't answer in the previous post... Why are there so many hacks for MW2 than there are for WaW or COD4? The JTAG hack didn't really come about until late Summer/Fall of 2009. By that time there was really no interest to hack those games and there were new things that were being discovered with the hacks.

[quote name='mvp828']Whatever Trakan... It's not worth arguing with you when you clearly have your head so far up your rear that you fail to read. I pointed out each individual counter to each of those things, but apparently you are illiterate.

And yes, I do remember playing you. I remember that two people talked a lot of shit and then never bothered to even play with us. Same two people that aren't even on CAG anymore and I am pretty sure that they don't even own 360s anymore. You guys beat us, I am not arguing that... But I guess when there is a group of however many of you guys there are that have played together for at least what... 4 years at the time? You probably should beat people that had played maybe... 2 months together.

Lastly, to answer the one part that I didn't answer in the previous post... Why are there so many hacks for MW2 than there are for WaW or COD4? The JTAG hack didn't really come about until late Summer/Fall of 2009. By that time there was really no interest to hack those games and there were new things that were being discovered with the hacks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get it. I get that you came up with ideas that can counter some things that are broken in the game. Just because I can outsmart another player that is using an unbalanced perk/setup doesn't mean it's not fundamentally broken. I have a 2.5 K/D and a 12/1 win ratio with ~6,000 games played. People using these perks don't make me lose games, but they do make me enjoy the game a hell of a lot less.

I don't enjoy getting tubed even one time per game. It takes no skill. Putting your "counters" aside for a minute, aren't there some things that you think should be patched?

OMA tubes? Silenced guns showing up as red dots on the radar? Nuke boosting in FFA?

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, I get it. I get that you came up with ideas that can counter some things that are broken in the game. Just because I can outsmart another player that is using an unbalanced perk/setup doesn't mean it's not fundamentally broken. I have a 2.5 K/D and a 12/1 win ratio with ~6,000 games played. People using these perks don't make me lose games, but they do make me enjoy the game a hell of a lot less.

I don't enjoy getting tubed even one time per game. It takes no skill. Putting your "counters" aside for a minute, aren't there some things that you think should be patched?

OMA tubes? Silenced guns showing up as red dots on the radar? Nuke boosting in FFA?[/QUOTE]

Alright... I will gladly accept that response Trak. That is a lot more understandable.

To answer your question... The two thing that piss me off the most are the no-skill quick-scopers and the spawns. The massive aim assist is absolute BS when it allows someone to run around with a sniper rifle and just take quick pot-shot one hit kills. The spawn system is really strange... I have had nights where the spawning has been great and there were really no stupid spawns of people behind me and then nights that were atrocious.

What silenced guns show up as red dots? I have not seen or heard anything about that.

OMA does need tweaking... But it doesn't really make me like the game or enjoy it any less. NOTE: The OMA patch is in testing stages right now.

Overall, I am not complaining though. I have about 30 days logged (between two accounts) and massive amounts of matches played and I have no regrets. The game has been all that I have expected so I can't really complain. I have yet to meet a perfectly made game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Just a random thought- I really wish that, in Major Nelson's announcements for summer deals, they would have offered the first map pack at half price.[/QUOTE]

This. I still refuse to pay $15, but the new maps, carnival and trailer park really have me itching. If I come across some cheap points here soon, I think I'll have to pull the trigger.

[quote name='mvp828']
I have yet to meet a perfectly made game.[/QUOTE]

Can I introduce to you..GTA IV :)

[quote name='mvp828']Alright... I will gladly accept that response Trak. That is a lot more understandable.

To answer your question... The two thing that piss me off the most are the no-skill quick-scopers and the spawns. The massive aim assist is absolute BS when it allows someone to run around with a sniper rifle and just take quick pot-shot one hit kills. The spawn system is really strange... I have had nights where the spawning has been great and there were really no stupid spawns of people behind me and then nights that were atrocious.

What silenced guns show up as red dots? I have not seen or heard anything about that.

OMA does need tweaking... But it doesn't really make me like the game or enjoy it any less. NOTE: The OMA patch is in testing stages right now.

Overall, I am not complaining though. I have about 30 days logged (between two accounts) and massive amounts of matches played and I have no regrets. The game has been all that I have expected so I can't really complain. I have yet to meet a perfectly made game.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely agree with both of those. The spawn system is atrocious. That's why Painkiller is a big complaint of mine as well. If I can watch myself killing him in my killcam, then you know spawns are a huge problem. Sub Base is one map that really pisses me off. The "C" side of the map doesn't even have any spawns in TDM. Quickscoping is a joke as well, it's to the point where if I "hardscope" someone I get bitched at for it. People are retarded, and it's the assholes who really ruin this game. If I can get a night where I'm not getting tubed, then this game really shines. Unfortunately that rarely happens.

Here's a list of the guns that are currently broken.
-The M9 with TacKnife's iron sights are off, they shoot below the tip.

-The M9's sights are aligned with any other attachment.

-The M9 with Silencer will still show you as a red dot on the mini map when fired.

-The MG4 with Silencer will still show you as a red dot on the mini map when fired.

-The M240 with Silencer will still show you as a red dot on the mini map when fired.

-The MG4's iron sights are off, they shoot WAY below where the tip is.

-FMJ on the Spas-12 doesn't work.

-The FAL with Red Dot Sight is very off, the bullet lands to the bottom right of the dot.

-The Desert Eagle's sights are off.

-The M93 Raffica's ironsights are off and shoot to the right of the tip.
They are also slightly off with the Red Dot and Holographic sight too.

Discrepancies:

Some weapons have differences in themselves with some attachments, or are different from all other weapons. These differences are most likely intentional for balancing purposes.

-The FAL with a Holographic sight gets its damage boosted from 55-35 to 55-40. Stopping Power ONLY has an effect on the FAL with the Holographic sight, making it a consistent two shot kill at any range. The FAL without the Holo sight gets virtually no benefit from Stopping Power.

-The M16 with a Holographic sight gets significantly less recoil/spread than without it. With the Holo sight, it gets less recoil/spread than the FAMAS.

-The AK-47 with ANY attachment except ACOG will add idle sway when aiming down the sight. Thus, it is best to use it with no attachment at all.

-The AA-12 with Extended Mags gets 2 times its original magazine size (8 to 16) as opposed to other weapons only getting 1.5 times their original magazine size.

-The M93 Raffica and G18 machine pistols, when Akimbo'd, get a smaller and more accurate hip fire reticule. Other weapons with Akimbo get a larger reticule.

-The Model 1887 shotgun with Akimbo has less effective range than a single 1887. This is due to an old patch IW made to nerf the Akimbo 1887's for balance purposes.

there is something wrong with the game case for MW2. I am 100000000% certain that it is the sole cause of a crack in the middle of my disc. It still works, but It probably will stop working eventually, i'm gonna install it on my new xbox just incase. If it's screwed, than maybe Microsoft is doing me a favor, because i'm getting sick of this game.

[quote name='WordLife565']there is something wrong with the game case for MW2. I am 100000000% certain that it is the sole cause of a crack in the middle of my disc. It still works, but It probably will stop working eventually, i'm gonna install it on my new xbox just incase. If it's screwed, than maybe Microsoft is doing me a favor, because i'm getting sick of this game.[/QUOTE]
My disc just never leaves my system ;)

[quote name='Trakan']The MG4's iron sights are off, they shoot WAY below where the tip is.[/QUOTE]
That explains why I've been having such a hard time with it using only the grip. I've had no problems with the L86 LSW, AUG HBAR, or RPD.

BTW, where did you get this list?

EDIT: I see the list probably came from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGFeuNMm7E

Last edited by a moderator:
Akimbo G18's are great, such a small sight :lol: If you compare G18 Akimbo's to Akimbo PP2000's, I just laugh out loud every time.

P.S. FMJ's on the Spas-12 doesn't work? That sucks, I use that sometimes...no wonder I can't kill anyone on Scrapyard with that thing if they hide anywhere.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']They took out Capture the Flag? WTF?[/QUOTE]

That was my reaction as well. I enjoyed CTF more than I do Demo and Domination.

Yeah we played Objective Barebones Pro last night and it turned out to be a noob tube fest.

I've said from the beginning that having a no-perks playlist would be great. We played in a competition for W@W a while back that had no perks/killstreaks and you can't imagine how much people depend on all those perks and how true skill shows when they are gone. We were in the top 5 until the servers were hacked and they reset the competition a few weeks in, which prompted us to just say screwit. Also, no noob tube playlists would be even better. Hell, SOCOM Confrontation on the PS3 eventually disabled the M403 Grenade Launcher from Ranked Matches.

I like the idea of swapping the FMJ and Grenade launcher attachments but I don't think it would help the problem too much since by the time someone ranks up to unlock danger close then they would most likely have a grenade launcher attachment unlocked by then. Non-danger close noob tubes are not nearly as dangerous without a nearly direct hit from my experience.

Non Danger Close grenades/noob tubes are practically useless. You need to stuff the grenade down the guy's throat to get a kill without Danger Close. I think the idea of a barebones mode is nice, considering some of the perk combinations are a bit cheap. Not having to deal with MLC runners or people using great weapons + Stopping Power sounds great I think, but no killstreaks is iffy. If you can earn a killstreak high enough for a reward without any perks, why not get one?

P.S. Capture the Flag is out? As in, there is no CTF anymore at all? I wonder if the same will happen to PS3, I love CTF.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Non Danger Close grenades/noob tubes are practically useless. You need to stuff the grenade down the guy's throat to get a kill without Danger Close. I think the idea of a barebones mode is nice, considering some of the perk combinations are a bit cheap. Not having to deal with MLC runners or people using great weapons + Stopping Power sounds great I think, but no killstreaks is iffy. If you can earn a killstreak high enough for a reward without any perks, why not get one?

P.S. Capture the Flag is out? As in, there is no CTF anymore at all? I wonder if the same will happen to PS3, I love CTF.[/QUOTE]

CTF is only in the Barebones and possibly non-hardcore Resurgence pack as far as I can tell. Highly disappoint to me since CTF was my favorite objective based game mode.

Mosh Pit needs to come back too.

Just take out the Resurgence playlists. The maps have been out long enough and are still in weighted heavier in regular playlists.

[quote name='Trakan']Mosh Pit needs to come back too.

Just take out the Resurgence playlists. The maps have been out long enough and are still in weighted heavier in regular playlists.[/QUOTE]

If they threw out the Resurgence Playlist, and put the Resurgence maps into regular rotation, people who didn't have the maps would be getting kicked out of games left and right and the 12-year-olds would be gettin ALL sortsa pissed off.

...Which is funny.

Edit: I haven't played MW2 in a long while. If the Resurgence maps are already in regular rotation, please don't call me a loldouchefaceretardmoronlamesaucehomo.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']If they threw out the Resurgence Playlist, and put the Resurgence maps into regular rotation, people who didn't have the maps would be getting kicked out of games left and right and the 12-year-olds would be gettin ALL sortsa pissed off.

...Which is funny.

Edit: I haven't played MW2 in a long while. If the Resurgence maps are already in regular rotation, please don't call me a loldouchefaceretardmoronlamesaucehomo.[/QUOTE]

That's not how it works with COD4 or MW2. People who don't have the maps just don't get matched up with people who do. It's not like WaW's system where it kicks you to the lobby and brings up the guide with the DLC.

[quote name='moojuice']Barebones is stupid. No killstreaks? Whoop de doop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want no Perks.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']If they threw out the Resurgence Playlist, and put the Resurgence maps into regular rotation, people who didn't have the maps would be getting kicked out of games left and right and the 12-year-olds would be gettin ALL sortsa pissed off.

...Which is funny.

Edit: I haven't played MW2 in a long while. If the Resurgence maps are already in regular rotation, please don't call me a loldouchefaceretardmoronlamesaucehomo.[/QUOTE]

Like Trakan said, it doesn't match people like that. The only way they will ever get into a match that has the rotation in them is to join a friend that is already "in progress" that has the maps. If you search from a party (regardless of party leader) and someone doesn't have the maps, it automatically finds a room that with those maps disabled.

Ah, alright. There have been a couple situations in which I've entered a game and it was on a Stimulus/Resurgence map and I wasn't sure why, guess I was just joining a friend in progress.

Thank you!

So, I have a question. I haven't been playing MW2 as much as I used to because of all the hacks, cheats, and especially the mods. I know IW is fixing the glitches and hacks, but what about the modded/rapidfire controllers. I have been seeing a lot of them (I think anyways) every time I get online and it's getting annoying. Are these people getting banned or what's the deal? Is that even a bannable offense or why does it seem that more and more of them are flooding the games these days?

I think a good portion of it has to do with the fact that 3rd party companies are now selling "rapid fire" controllers for dirt cheap. I think technically they could ban the people that modded it because in a sense it is a violation of the Terms of Use. However, proving that it is modded is much easier said than done.

For the most part, it doesn't bother me too much unless it is some guy running around with the Magnum or Desert Eagle since so many times with the rapid fire controllers it seems to eliminate recoil in a sense. The FAL users don't bother me at all really since I have gotten to the point where I can shoot that naturally just about as fast as the ones with the rapid fire controllers.

According to Stepto if the controller has turbo functionality built in then it's ok but if you open the controller to mod it then it's a ToS violation, but how do you prove it? Also is there a controller other than the Mad Catz fightpads/fightsticks that have turbo built-in?

IW/Treyarch is going to have to look into something like Bungie does. I'm not an expert, but I believe they put some kind of code/animation into the shooting so there's a hard cap on how many bullets you can fire in X seconds, so turbo on controllers are meaningless.

Pck21 I'm in the same boat as you. I actually sold MW2 to Gamestop back in May (got $35 for it) but I have suffered a bit as I haven't gotten to play with Ragtag CAG's like MVP who don't have SSFIV or Battlefield.

I REALLY hope Black Ops is not the glitch fest MW 2 is, but I'm not 100% optimistic.

[quote name='mvp828']I think a good portion of it has to do with the fact that 3rd party companies are now selling "rapid fire" controllers for dirt cheap. I think technically they could ban the people that modded it because in a sense it is a violation of the Terms of Use. However, proving that it is modded is much easier said than done.

For the most part, it doesn't bother me too much unless it is some guy running around with the Magnum or Desert Eagle since so many times with the rapid fire controllers it seems to eliminate recoil in a sense. The FAL users don't bother me at all really since I have gotten to the point where I can shoot that naturally just about as fast as the ones with the rapid fire controllers.[/QUOTE]

Well see that's the thing...I called a guy on it a while back and he kind of laughed about it. When I asked him if was worried that he was going to get banned, he stated that it's not a bannable offense and MS couldn't prove it. I mean I guess he's kind of right, but that disappoints me quite a bit. I stopped playing for a long time because of the initial glitches and hacks. Once those were addressed, everything was great...for a day. The next day, I ran into more glitches/rs and a few people with modded controllers. I know that COD4 had the same issues, so I just backed out and found a game that was legit.

These days though, I'm seeing a ton of gamertag hacks, 10th prestige lobbies, and loads of modded contollers. I thought I was being paranoid or hysterical but when I watched the kill cam, I knew there was no way a human could fire the FAL that quickly or that accurately. That just turned me off to the game again.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Pck21 I'm in the same boat as you. I actually sold MW2 to Gamestop back in May (got $35 for it) but I have suffered a bit as I haven't gotten to play with Ragtag CAG's like MVP who don't have SSFIV or Battlefield.

I REALLY hope Black Ops is not the glitch fest MW 2 is, but I'm not 100% optimistic.[/QUOTE]

I would have sold mine too if all of my friends didn't play it every dang night lol. It got to the point where 50% of the games I played had at least one glitcher, hacker, or modded controller/lobby. It was...sad. I was actually disappointed because I couldn't have fun in those games. I hope Black Ops is different but I highly doubt it. Every year, there's more and more of them no matter the actual game title.

I just want to know if MS is cracking the whip on all of these people, but it seems like they can't even detect it somehow. Guess I'll play Madden 11 and NHL 11 once they come out and wait for those games to be ruined by the same types of players. Never ending cycle...

All the glitches really gets to be a huge turn off. Every once in a while it is nice to report a cheater and see that they get banned... Usually does no good to report them but sometimes they do get banned.

What I really hate is the matchmaking. Usually get dropped into matches on the losing team with no hope of winning. I mean it should not place you on a team losing by 2000 or more. Been placed on the losing team with only 1 kill to go or less then a min to many times.... over the coarse of playing since it came out I have 300 more losses then wins but most of that is due to matchmaking...

[quote name='bsesb2003']I'm getting bored with the game -- how can I stay interested?[/QUOTE]

haha i asked myself this just weeks ago, all i do now is play private matches with friends (i.e Micheal Myers, Zombies, Quick-scoping,) and a crazy alternative turn down your brightness regardless of current setting it lets camo on guns contrast more

[quote name='nycmetsfan']haha i asked myself this just weeks ago, all i do now is play private matches with friends (i.e Micheal Myers, Zombies, Quick-scoping,) and a crazy alternative turn down your brightness regardless of current setting it lets camo on guns contrast more[/QUOTE]

This pretty much. Make a game up with some type of challenge to it or you play the game that will be more challenging or limit what you can use (only use the f2000).

When my friends and I got bored of Halo, we use play "Warthog Wars". You play on Bloodgulch and the only way to kill someone was either run them over with the warthog or by gernades. Sort of want to play that now, lol.

Alright, so I went straight to the source and emailed MS customer service about modded controllers straight up. Their answer? Console modifications, hard or soft, are illegal and against the ToS. So, I'm pretty fed up now. From their response it sounds like the modded controllers are basically frowned upon, but there's no recourse. That's really sad to hear and I think I'm done with CoD until Black Ops comes out. Maybe then I'll be able to play MW2 without all the cheaters and glitchers.

[quote name='mvp828']There not even that big of a problem... Most the guys who cheat in a video game are pretty shitty.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just my luck then, but I started running into them more and more the last couple of weeks. I have seen the rapid burst weapon and quick reload more and more on my kill cams it frustrates the hell out of me. Hey, I have the money to buy one too but I refuse to do so because I'm not that big of an asshole. I just want to enjoy the game on a level playing field is all. Is that too much to ask?

[quote name='Pck21']I just want to enjoy the game on a level playing field is all. Is that too much to ask?[/QUOTE]

In the sad world of competitive multiplayer it is hence why I've started trashing or flat out abandoning games with it that have a knack for raising my blood pressure to dangerous levels. Gears 2 was the first but surely won't be the last. Once I reach 9th Prestige for the title I'll probably trash this one next.

I say if interest is fading fast, updates haven't done shit, achievement hunting isn't applicable and withdrawal hasn't set in after a few months doing without then it's time for the trash bin/trade in/auction. IMO once you start wondering why you're playing a game you can't stand you've already made a decision worthy of following up. Especially if playing with friends is the only reason for putting up with it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']WTF are these 10th prestige lobby messages I get via in-game message?[/QUOTE]

its people that invite you to a lobby, to cheat to make you a lv. 70 10th prestige and unlocks all titles and what-not without having to do any of the work. they useually charge 800-1600 ms points, and they also take alot of the fun out of the game for people imo. this dumbass i know did it, and now he has stopped playing because he gets bored without earning stuff.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']haha i asked myself this just weeks ago, all i do now is play private matches with friends (i.e Micheal Myers, Zombies, Quick-scoping,) and a crazy alternative turn down your brightness regardless of current setting it lets camo on guns contrast more[/QUOTE]

riot shield w/ c4 and javalin along with scav, danger close and commando is really fun aswell. you need about 4+ people though

edit: oh yeah on rust, its more fun

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']its people that invite you to a lobby, to cheat to make you a lv. 70 10th prestige and unlocks all titles and what-not without having to do any of the work. they useually charge 800-1600 ms points, and they also take alot of the fun out of the game for people imo. this dumbass i know did it, and now he has stopped playing because he gets bored without earning stuff.[/QUOTE]
I have a CAG on my friends list who did it but I won't mention his name to protect the guilty :)

[quote name='Pck21']I thought I was being paranoid or hysterical but when I watched the kill cam, I knew there was no way a human could fire the FAL that quickly or that accurately.[/QUOTE]
I have no doubt about many people using rapid fire mods (just browse eBay for all the listings) but you'd be surprised how fast Attacking MVP and I can shoot an FAL. We have had numerous occasions where in the post-match lobby the other team claimed we were using modded controllers. I loved it in WaW with the Gewehr and magnum :D

Also, MS's official stance on the rapid fire controllers is that it is not an offense since there are supposedly officially licensed controllers on the market that have rapid fire. I honestly think this is a cop-out because I've never seen them produce any as proof when asked which ones they are.

At PAX Prime '09 on the show floor the rapid fire mod question was brought up in the Stepto (Stephen Toulouse head of XBL enforcement) panel because there was a company on the show floor selling and showing off their controller mods (X-fire, I think). He claimed he was going to pay them a visit since these mods are "illegal" but I saw no change in their booth or annoying PA announcements through the end of the show. They had a WaW LAN competition in their booth to win one of their mods and I played just for fun. Good God I could not stand the stupid thing and couldn't get the thing to turn off. It was to the point that I was unloading a whole MP40 clip with practically a tap of the trigger which is just stupid and unusable.

mw2 has gone down the shits already people, just deal with it or play something else. every other game I join I get a message for 10th prestige lobby and it's annoying. Also, getting into a game lobby and seeing people change their gamertag to some stupid crap like using buttons and letters and/or color their gamertags, rapid fire controller, lag switching and such. Call of duty was once fun to play and perhaps the best game to play but now it's just an annoyance and only play it on a few occasions.

bread's done
Back