CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

I'm going to pick it up maybe next weekend. I think everyone who hasn't played MW2 in awhile will get these first thing and play the crap outta them for a couple of weeks and then go back to playing all the other new games out. I won 4000 points from xbox live so it's def easier for me to spend the points than if I had to spend my own $15 for the map pack.

[quote name='Trakan']I'll put more time into the map packs than if I beat Splinter Cell's campaign and co-op. Twice.[/QUOTE]

don't lie, we've been waiting on you to play this all night.

I wonder if anyone is abusing the Carnival clown clipping glitch? Remember that video of 402 hiding in the clown and shooting people from inside of it and he said people can't see him. Anyone doing that yet?

P.S. Personally, not to rub it in your guys' faces or anything, but personally I don't care how good the maps are as long as they are worth $3.00. Thanks PSN gamesharing! :rofl:

Would anyone here mind welcoming me to their party? I'm coming over from the PS3 version so I need some people to play with :)

If all your going to do is play this game a majority of the summer I'd recommend the map pack. The new maps are a lot better then the first map pack with the exception of Fuel - It's way too open and way too big for It's own good. However, if Fuel was in ground war I would think that would be the ONLY exception to the rule.

Trailer Park, Carnival, Strike and Vacant are all great. Carnival is probably my favorite out of all the new maps on MW2, and Vacant is my second favorite in the series (Wetworks being the first for me).

So it it worth $15? Again, only if you plan on dumping tons of hours into this game. I'm already over 240+ hours put into it, and this should keep me busy till Blackops. I'll probably put more time into Reach once It's out.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I wonder if anyone is abusing the Carnival clown clipping glitch? Remember that video of 402 hiding in the clown and shooting people from inside of it and he said people can't see him. Anyone doing that yet?[/QUOTE]

They never said it was a glitch. He said people just didn't notice him because of the big clown he was hiding behind, not that they cannot *see* him. Pay attention.

[quote name='bsesb2003']How long does it take for the maps to filter into the other game styles, like FreeForAll?[/QUOTE]

According to RB (402), they'll be in standard rotation at some point today.

@DeadSlay Tomorrow. Watch my updates for exact details and timing. about 12 hours ago via web in reply to DeadSlay

@feglock Are you playing on the Resurgence playlists at the bottom? They won't be in the normal playlists until tomorrow. about 13 hours ago via web in reply to feglock

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Would anyone here mind welcoming me to their party? I'm coming over from the PS3 version so I need some people to play with :)[/QUOTE]

Send a FR to the "CAG CoD MW2" gamertag and you should be able to see the people on the list even before you get accepted. I pretty much play every night.

I can't say I'm that stoked as I think my interest in the game is waning, but the Carnival map is filled with great detail.

[quote name='Trakan']I'll put more time into the map packs than if I beat Splinter Cell's campaign and co-op. Twice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's fine for yourself and others who are still deeply into the game. I'm just stating an example of one of many alternatives out there for CAGs looking for something new.

[quote name='tcrash247']They never said it was a glitch. He said people just didn't notice him because of the big clown he was hiding behind, not that they cannot *see* him. Pay attention.[/QUOTE]

They don't say much is a glitch, but as far as I know it was something where you can't even really see him at all. Not just like he's hiding behind a box, like he's pretty much inside it or nearly invisible.

LOL.

You honestly weren't paying attention at all. It's not a glitch and he was even flanked from behind with ease eventually in the video. All he did was literally walk up to the clown and stand behind it. 90% of the people who were killed were running past his line of sight anyway. They didn't bother to check their surroundings but why would they? It wasn't a real game. The reason he got so many kills is because people didn't wise up fast enough.

As I expected, this was another game I came back to and thought, "Why did I stop playing this?" I had only put in 15 hours, 13 minutes and hadn't played since February. I've gotten in about 3 hours today; looking to get in another half hour before the Lakers game.

I just hate those annoying little kids. I was playing Headquarters and this 11 year old kept going on about how I sucked since I was in the negative, and he had a bunch of kills. I was in the negative because I went after every HQ, and in fact I was the only one on the team to cap or destroy any HQs.

Finally, the kid made another comment after I had just capped an HQ and killed 3 guys while stunned. Apparently, since I died afterward and then the guy killed him, I suck. Jesus Christ. I either have to deal with this and mute on a person-to-person basis, or mute everyone if I want to hear sounds through my headset.

I never even wear my headset unless I'm playing with friends. I have it hooked to the controller and just leave it to the side. I learned long ago with pc gaming that there are so many people playing games that are douche bags so I don't even bother listening to any of them anymore.

If I play solo, I don't use my headset. If I play with friends, I mute everyone immediately. It's not that big of a deal to mute anyone, I agree with Trakan in saying it's the easiest and quickest game to mute someone.

[quote name='Matt Young']As I expected, this was another game I came back to and thought, "Why did I stop playing this?" I had only put in 15 hours, 13 minutes and hadn't played since February. I've gotten in about 3 hours today; looking to get in another half hour before the Lakers game.

I just hate those annoying little kids. I was playing Headquarters and this 11 year old kept going on about how I sucked since I was in the negative, and he had a bunch of kills. I was in the negative because I went after every HQ, and in fact I was the only one on the team to cap or destroy any HQs.

Finally, the kid made another comment after I had just capped an HQ and killed 3 guys while stunned. Apparently, since I died afterward and then the guy killed him, I suck. Jesus Christ. I either have to deal with this and mute on a person-to-person basis, or mute everyone if I want to hear sounds through my headset.[/QUOTE]

I love HQ, but it's way too draining on my KtD to play consistently. Especially if you're playing for the objective.

To be honest, my kill/death was already fucked. I was mediocre on the first MW game and, in my current rusty state, somewhat less than that. My K/D was about .75 before.

I like HQ. It's a lot of fun, and I've gotten a good amount of points in it. It's right up there with S & D as a favorite game type.

I never play with my headset either, there are waaaay too many kids that just ruin the experience. All I ever hear is how great and amazing they are if the finish positive. I do like to hear them go negative though, and the dead silence after the match.

BTW, did anyone see that video with those supposed pictures of the next Map Pack? I wonder if they are real...they look somewhat legit but I can't say for sure. But you have to remember the last time a video like that surfaced about this map pack, it was true.

[quote name='lordwow']I love HQ, but it's way too draining on my KtD to play consistently. Especially if you're playing for the objective.[/QUOTE]

If you play with a group like I do, you can easily ask someone else to be the "objective whore" while you are outside of it trying to keep people off. I know I have 3-4 people constantly with me that would rather be capturing the objective/planting the bomb/ etc. for the points even if they die a lot. Most of them are good enough that they can hold their own for a while, but many times you need teammates that are willing to not get the points from capturing and provide the cover fire for kills and air support to keep the other team away.

I will get in there and capture myself if I am the first to it or if the others can't manage to do it, but I personally prefer sitting back and picking off the people constantly rushing after them and the objective than anything. Your problem could come easily on any game mode outside of deathmatch if you are actually trying to win, there are some games I will barely break even if the match is close and I am not really fighting back and just trying to capture and follow it up with a match where I basically never die because my team has everything locked down and the other team is in the desperation state trying to rush to objectives rather than kill us before getting to it.

If you don't want be annoyed by anyone and hear their crap, just go to your account settings and change it to where only your friends can hear you that'll solve the problem. I love the resurgence map pack but HQ PRO comes up too often and I don't like playing that. aside from that, everything else is fine and this map pack is 1 of the better map packs in a long time especially compared to the previous mw2 stimulus map pack.

[quote name='rly723']so whats the verdict was MW 2 better than the 1st one?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, they turned this game into something horrible. Perks were well balanced before on COD4 for the most part, but on here certain setups dominate. Marathon, lightweight, commando with a tactical knife can destroy almost anything (you can run past claymores, lung across rooms, etc), especially if you can "sponge" bullets like some people seem to do. OMA pro, danger close is insanely ridiculous too, you never have to move from one spot and can constantly shoot grenade launchers everywhere.

Also turned it into a campers paradise with all the buildings, the lack of FMJ (which used to be deep impact on COD4) until 300 kills with a weapon (which it is an attachment now too, which sucks as well), heartbeat sensors basically force you to use ninja. That and the fact that there has seemed to be a lot of glitches from the start of this one where there were only a couple in COD4 has me saying that COD4 is still the far superior game. Between my 3 accounts I had over 40 days played on COD4 from the time it came out until now. I have about 9 days on MW2 and 3/4 of it has been forced to where I really don't enjoy myself much, but if I want to play with friends or even talk to them due to the no party chat I have to play the game. I enjoy it every now and then, but the game is very inconsistent and hasn't kept my attention nearly as well as COD4 did.

Plus in one of the new maps for map pack 2 (which is $15 each for the 2 map packs) there is a glitch in a rock that makes the map almost unplayable since entire teams seem to base the whole game around that one rock, so we basically paid $15 for 2 new maps and 2 remakes.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Not at all, they turned this game into something horrible. Perks were well balanced before on COD4 for the most part, but on here certain setups dominate. Marathon, lightweight, commando with a tactical knife can destroy almost anything (you can run past claymores, lung across rooms, etc), especially if you can "sponge" bullets like some people seem to do. OMA pro, danger close is insanely ridiculous too, you never have to move from one spot and can constantly shoot grenade launchers everywhere.

Also turned it into a campers paradise with all the buildings, the lack of FMJ (which used to be deep impact on COD4) until 300 kills with a weapon (which it is an attachment now too, which sucks as well), heartbeat sensors basically force you to use ninja. That and the fact that there has seemed to be a lot of glitches from the start of this one where there were only a couple in COD4 has me saying that COD4 is still the far superior game. Between my 3 accounts I had over 40 days played on COD4 from the time it came out until now. I have about 9 days on MW2 and 3/4 of it has been forced to where I really don't enjoy myself much, but if I want to play with friends or even talk to them due to the no party chat I have to play the game. I enjoy it every now and then, but the game is very inconsistent and hasn't kept my attention nearly as well as COD4 did.

Plus in one of the new maps for map pack 2 (which is $15 each for the 2 map packs) there is a glitch in a rock that makes the map almost unplayable since entire teams seem to base the whole game around that one rock, so we basically paid $15 for 2 new maps and 2 remakes.[/QUOTE]

I agree with a lot of what you said. COD4 is more balanced of the two games. IW definitely pulled a Halo 3 and went for the casual audience with this game. That being said, if you don't run into $$$$$$s who abuse the game, or can even overcome it, then I think this game is a blast. With the removal of 3 perks - OMA/Danger Close/Commando (and maybe painkiller) this game could be near perfect and I personally think it could surpass COD4. It really sucks that IW ended up losing so many people and that their focus isn't on fixing/balancing the game.

[quote name='Trakan']I agree with a lot of what you said. COD4 is more balanced of the two games. IW definitely pulled a Halo 3 and went for the casual audience with this game. That being said, if you don't run into $$$$$$s who abuse the game, or can even overcome it, then I think this game is a blast. With the removal of 3 perks - OMA/Danger Close/Commando (and maybe painkiller) this game could be near perfect and I personally think it could surpass COD4. It really sucks that IW ended up losing so many people and that their focus isn't on fixing/balancing the game.[/QUOTE]

This exactly! I would much rather have juggernaut back then painkillers as well. When your only option is to knife someone that has that on, it is insanely stupid. I can lay into a person with chopper gunner for like the entire length of their painkillers and not kill them until it goes away, so think of your chances against that person with a normal gun up close if the person is any good at all.

I would have honestly enjoyed this game so much more if there weren't so many issues and those 3 extremely annoying perks. I wouldn't mind people using marathon and lightweight if it didn't usually follow with commando. Take out heartbeat sensors, painkillers, OMA, danger close (because the use of scavenger gives you unlimited explosives too), and commando and i would be fine. That and I think they should balance the UMP45 a little more, that weapon is the M16 (cod4) of MW2.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Not at all, they turned this game into something horrible. Perks were well balanced before on COD4 for the most part, but on here certain setups dominate. Marathon, lightweight, commando with a tactical knife can destroy almost anything (you can run past claymores, lung across rooms, etc), especially if you can "sponge" bullets like some people seem to do. OMA pro, danger close is insanely ridiculous too, you never have to move from one spot and can constantly shoot grenade launchers everywhere.

Plus in one of the new maps for map pack 2 (which is $15 each for the 2 map packs) there is a glitch in a rock that makes the map almost unplayable since entire teams seem to base the whole game around that one rock, so we basically paid $15 for 2 new maps and 2 remakes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Trakan']I agree with a lot of what you said. COD4 is more balanced of the two games. IW definitely pulled a Halo 3 and went for the casual audience with this game. That being said, if you don't run into $$$$$$s who abuse the game, or can even overcome it, then I think this game is a blast. With the removal of 3 perks - OMA/Danger Close/Commando (and maybe painkiller) this game could be near perfect and I personally think it could surpass COD4. It really sucks that IW ended up losing so many people and that their focus isn't on fixing/balancing the game.[/QUOTE]

I am going to have to disagree with you on this guys...

First off let me say that COD4 will forever be a great game. That being said, any complaints of MW2 being uneven are absolutely absurd. For every type of play style in MW2 there is a counter.

- MLC players can easily be countered by shotguns, snipers, flash and stun grenades, and as much as everyone hates them... Tubes. Hell go cold blooded and you won't get nearly killed as much as you usually do. MLC players are so reliant on their radar it isn't even funny.

- That sponging bullets is your connection... Usually if I get in a room with players from a different locale than I run into the problem too. Solution just pull something out with stopping power and FMJ.

- OMA Pro is really not that much of a problem... Again it is called cold-blooded and flank.

- 300 kills for FMJ isn't much. And you can still kill people through walls without it just as easy most the time.

- Heartbeat sensors aren't that big of a problem either for a couple reasons... 1) People that use them tend to sit in corners and will continue to sit in that corner even after you kill them and 2)Sit back and pick the people off who use them.

- Using Ninja isn't really that much of a downfall. Once you get pro it makes flanking teams easy as hell.

- How in the hell is Fuel unplayable? I have had the maps since release and would have to say that I have probably played there 50 times and only one time was the fight near that rock, and it was only there for maybe 1/3 of the match.

- Painkiller is a pain in the ass yes... But think about it. Your team just killed that person what 3 or 4 times... I think dying once in exchange for 3 or 4 kills isn't something to complain about.

The only things that I can really agree with you guys about are the glitches... Yea they were a pain for awhile. At the same time though, I have 26 days played right now (another 2 days on a second account) and can honestly say that the amount of time I played against glitchers wasn't much of a problem.

People complain that IW sold out and lost their support. How so? I just now checked and there are over 420,000 people online. Also don't forget that number they threw out about 25 million different players (yes I know the number is flawed in various ways).

IW screwed up in the beginning by not having the glitches fixed and much of this was due to the fact that there was no beta... But they also failed to address them quickly. Since they have addressed the glitches, there really hasn't been anything that has killed the game.

Lastly, yes there are still some problems with the game right now. There are various different hacks and shit that haven't been attended to such as wall hacks, aim bots, and rapid fire triggers.

The problem isn't really that of IW. Microsoft left the system open for exploiters to access code and that is why the 360 version has seen so many hacks that the PS3 hasn't. Now because of that, IW gets all the shit from the public because the public doesn't know any better.

END RANT :whistle2:#

[quote name='mvp828']I am going to have to disagree with you on this guys...

First off let me say that COD4 will forever be a great game. That being said, any complaints of MW2 being uneven are absolutely absurd. For every type of play style in MW2 there is a counter.

- MLC players can easily be countered by shotguns, snipers, flash and stun grenades, and as much as everyone hates them... Tubes. Hell go cold blooded and you won't get nearly killed as much as you usually do. MLC players are so reliant on their radar it isn't even funny.

- That sponging bullets is your connection... Usually if I get in a room with players from a different locale than I run into the problem too. Solution just pull something out with stopping power and FMJ.

- OMA Pro is really not that much of a problem... Again it is called cold-blooded and flank.

- 300 kills for FMJ isn't much. And you can still kill people through walls without it just as easy most the time.

- Heartbeat sensors aren't that big of a problem either for a couple reasons... 1) People that use them tend to sit in corners and will continue to sit in that corner even after you kill them and 2)Sit back and pick the people off who use them.

- Using Ninja isn't really that much of a downfall. Once you get pro it makes flanking teams easy as hell.

- How in the hell is Fuel unplayable? I have had the maps since release and would have to say that I have probably played there 50 times and only one time was the fight near that rock, and it was only there for maybe 1/3 of the match.

- Painkiller is a pain in the ass yes... But think about it. Your team just killed that person what 3 or 4 times... I think dying once in exchange for 3 or 4 kills isn't something to complain about.

The only things that I can really agree with you guys about are the glitches... Yea they were a pain for awhile. At the same time though, I have 26 days played right now (another 2 days on a second account) and can honestly say that the amount of time I played against glitchers wasn't much of a problem.

People complain that IW sold out and lost their support. How so? I just now checked and there are over 420,000 people online. Also don't forget that number they threw out about 25 million different players (yes I know the number is flawed in various ways).

IW screwed up in the beginning by not having the glitches fixed and much of this was due to the fact that there was no beta... But they also failed to address them quickly. Since they have addressed the glitches, there really hasn't been anything that has killed the game.

Lastly, yes there are still some problems with the game right now. There are various different hacks and shit that haven't been attended to such as wall hacks, aim bots, and rapid fire triggers.

The problem isn't really that of IW. Microsoft left the system open for exploiters to access code and that is why the 360 version has seen so many hacks that the PS3 hasn't. Now because of that, IW gets all the shit from the public because the public doesn't know any better.

END RANT :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

OMA refilling tubes is a huge problem. It's broken. When somebody tubes me, I bust that shit out. When I can go 25-0 in a game sitting in one spot OMA tubing than you know it's a problem.

Commando is broken because it makes a one hit kill melee even stronger. I cannot count the number of times someone knifed me through my bullets. Even when using shotguns.

I don't really have too much of a problem with heartbeat sensors myself.

Painkiller is a good idea in theory but terrible in execution. I shouldn't get punished for someone else sucking at the game. When marathon/lightweight is combined with painkiller, you can get almost across the entire map. That's broken.

Half of the guns in the game have some sort of bug. Iron sights don't shoot straight, certain sights are off or do more damage, and some guns show up as red dots on the radar even if using a silencer.

The reason people are able to hack the game so easily is because of IW's new system they put in the game to be able to "change things on the fly" easier. I'm guessing that was stuff like playlists, etc, but it ended up biting them in the ass. I agree that this isn't all IW's fault, but their focus should be on listening to the community and patching the game over releasing map pack after map pack. Don't get me wrong, I like the map packs, but fixing the game comes first.

Upon what you stated, there is not much validity left as this would be comparable if you mentioned the way it was played out at launch for awhile but up until now it is pretty smooth. The map you're talking about them doing the rock glitch is Fuel and you can always kill them from behind. Solution though? Just don't go over there, simple as that. If you can, get one man army on and shoot noob tubes (grenade launchers) over there or use a thermal sniper to get them or throw alot of semtex. There is always a counter to everything. For people running around with marathon+lightweight+commando what i'll do is put a claymore down and another a few feet away so that by the time the first one gets set off, he can't escape the 2nd and have ya teammates do the same so that person won't keep running up in you. I have UAV on as a killstreak, yes laugh but it actually works and helps out especially in Hardcore game modes. One other thing, communication is key and if you have people who don't talk on your team it can affect you alot in a bad way.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Upon what you stated, there is not much validity left as this would be comparable if you mentioned the way it was played out at launch for awhile but up until now it is pretty smooth. The map you're talking about them doing the rock glitch is Fuel and you can always kill them from behind. Solution though? Just don't go over there, simple as that. If you can, get one man army on and shoot noob tubes (grenade launchers) over there or use a thermal sniper to get them or throw alot of semtex. There is always a counter to everything. For people running around with marathon+lightweight+commando what i'll do is put a claymore down and another a few feet away so that by the time the first one gets set off, he can't escape the 2nd and have ya teammates do the same so that person won't keep running up in you. I have UAV on as a killstreak, yes laugh but it actually works and helps out especially in Hardcore game modes. One other thing, communication is key and if you have people who don't talk on your team it can affect you alot in a bad way.[/QUOTE]

The only problem with that is that ENTIRE teams just sit out there. I wouldn't care if it were 1 or 2 people and they barely affected anything, but when you got people defending the glitchers it becomes an impossible map to play. I typically play TDM (normal at that), so sitting in one spot to OMA tube isn't an option as they have a killcam and send people after me (had it happen when I used a silenced M21 and killed the ones inside the rock). In hardcore that wouldn't be as much of a problem, i would just sit back an destroy people getting in the glitch since they wouldn't know where I was.

[quote name='Trakan']OMA refilling tubes is a huge problem. It's broken. When somebody tubes me, I bust that shit out. When I can go 25-0 in a game sitting in one spot OMA tubing than you know it's a problem.

Commando is broken because it makes a one hit kill melee even stronger. I cannot count the number of times someone knifed me through my bullets. Even when using shotguns.

Painkiller is a good idea in theory but terrible in execution. I shouldn't get punished for someone else sucking at the game. When marathon/lightweight is combined with painkiller, you can get almost across the entire map. That's broken.

Half of the guns in the game have some sort of bug. Iron sights don't shoot straight, certain sights are off or do more damage, and some guns show up as red dots on the radar even if using a silencer.

The reason people are able to hack the game so easily is because of IW's new system they put in the game to be able to "change things on the fly" easier. I'm guessing that was stuff like playlists, etc, but it ended up biting them in the ass. I agree that this isn't all IW's fault, but their focus should be on listening to the community and patching the game over releasing map pack after map pack. Don't get me wrong, I like the map packs, but fixing the game comes first.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have a huge problem with heartbeat sensors since I just throw on ninja (pro) and I am fine, I just added that as a complaint as it added to the amount of camping in this game. And to mvp, in non-hardcore game modes the shotgun is not even close to a 1 hit kill always. Sometimes I have to hit a guy 2-3 times with shotguns before they go down which is easily enough time for a marathon, lightweight, commando person to run through bullets to kill me. It isn't my connection either, in fact I usually get host almost every time, I just don't get a host advantage in matches like people with bad connections do.

[quote name='Trakan']OMA refilling tubes is a huge problem. It's broken. When somebody tubes me, I bust that shit out. When I can go 25-0 in a game sitting in one spot OMA tubing than you know it's a problem.

The reason people are able to hack the game so easily is because of IW's new system they put in the game to be able to "change things on the fly" easier. I'm guessing that was stuff like playlists, etc, but it ended up biting them in the ass. I agree that this isn't all IW's fault, but their focus should be on listening to the community and patching the game over releasing map pack after map pack. Don't get me wrong, I like the map packs, but fixing the game comes first.[/QUOTE]

Like I said... OMA is only as effective as you let it be. If you go 25-0 doing it, you are obviously playing against a bunch of idiots, and if you let someone go more than 4-0 with it... You are the idiot. Yea, it is annoying, but it is not like it is unpreventable, because it definitely is.

Again, if they are knifing you through the bullets... Than more than likely they are host or your connection is bad.

Painkiller is there to even it out and give shitty players a chance... There is no problem with that. Should they not be allowed to have a chance to play?

Lastly, IW's "change on the fly" doesn't have much to do with the hacks. PS3 has the same feature and doesn't see nearly as many hacks as the 360 version (aimbots, wall hacks). The 360 has been hacked further than pretty much any other console to date. Microsoft left it open to JTAG hacks, and now the players all have to deal with it.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I don't really have a huge problem with heartbeat sensors since I just throw on ninja (pro) and I am fine, I just added that as a complaint as it added to the amount of camping in this game. And to mvp, in non-hardcore game modes the shotgun is not even close to a 1 hit kill always. Sometimes I have to hit a guy 2-3 times with shotguns before they go down which is easily enough time for a marathon, lightweight, commando person to run through bullets to kill me. It isn't my connection either, in fact I usually get host almost every time, I just don't get a host advantage in matches like people with bad connections do.[/QUOTE]

If you aren't getting 1 shot kills with a shotgun than you are obviously doing something wrong. The Spas-12 is pretty much a 1 shot kill 9/10 times. Rangers are almost always (except the range is garbage so it really isn't worth it).

One last thing about MLC players too is that sure they are irritating, but they are garbage. I don't remember the last time I have seen one go more than +3 in K/D.

And again about Fuel... If teams go to the rock than don't go over there. Like I said before, I have probably played around 40-50 matches there and have only had one match where a good portion of it was fought by the rock,

Just let it go already about the rock glitch in Fuel. You should just play HARDCORE team deathmatch then so they can't see you in the killcam. You'd be a fool to stay in the same spot anyways. Also, you can noob tube alot and if a few people do it then it'll increase your chances. You can throw smoke over there and send someone in there with marathon+lightweight+commando and you can also throw alot of semtex that way. Use the Riot Shield default class. There are so many counters to that and the glitch isn't even that bad because you can still kill them from behind.

[quote name='mvp828']Like I said... OMA is only as effective as you let it be. If you go 25-0 doing it, you are obviously playing against a bunch of idiots, and if you let someone go more than 4-0 with it... You are the idiot. Yea, it is annoying, but it is not like it is unpreventable, because it definitely is.

Again, if they are knifing you through the bullets... Than more than likely they are host or your connection is bad.

Painkiller is there to even it out and give shitty players a chance... There is no problem with that. Should they not be allowed to have a chance to play?

Lastly, IW's "change on the fly" doesn't have much to do with the hacks. PS3 has the same feature and doesn't see nearly as many hacks as the 360 version (aimbots, wall hacks). The 360 has been hacked further than pretty much any other console to date. Microsoft left it open to JTAG hacks, and now the players all have to deal with it.

If you aren't getting 1 shot kills with a shotgun than you are obviously doing something wrong. The Spas-12 is pretty much a 1 shot kill 9/10 times. Rangers are almost always (except the range is garbage so it really isn't worth it).

One last thing about MLC players too is that sure they are irritating, but they are garbage. I don't remember the last time I have seen one go more than +3 in K/D.

And again about Fuel... If teams go to the rock than don't go over there. Like I said before, I have probably played around 40-50 matches there and have only had one match where a good portion of it was fought by the rock,[/QUOTE]

Look, this isn't my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing and how shit works. Remember you and your crew played me and mine in COD4? What I'm saying is it's bullshit. There is no counter to some of these things. If you play domination and even if you coordinate your whole team to try and cap a point, it only takes one danger close tube to get you all off it. I understand grenade launchers are in this game. They made a huge mistake by unlocking it at 10 kills and adding OMA/Scavenger/Danger Close. OMA is a good idea in theory once again, but terrible in execution. It along with Scavenger shouldn't replenish grenade launchers or equipment. If FMJ and the grenade launchers traded places as far as unlocking them goes, I think things would be more balanced. If I die even one time from a grenade launcher, especially if it's from a distance, I feel like I got screwed. With as big of a radius as they have and as little health as you have in COD, it's just not fair or balanced. It was better in COD4 because it replaced perk 1 and nobody was willing to give that up. Hell, right now Robert Bowling submitted his ideas for a patch for OMA so it won't refill grenade launchers.

I know the Commando kills are most likely network related, but that doesn't mean it's not bullshit. There's never going to be a game where everybody has 4 bars. They also gave a buff to the knife from COD4, or the hit detection is better now along with bullets, because it's way easier to knife someone. I've seen Commando-like properties when people are using Ninja.

I understand why Painkiller was added. In IW's own words, it was "to prevent spawn trapping." It's a good idea in theory, but when you can traverse half the map and still have it active, or with the broken-ass revenge spawn system they have set up, it's far too easy for them to come back with Painkiller and get you back. Like I said, I shouldn't be punished for them sucking. They shouldn't be rewarded for mindlessly running around getting killed so often.

If IW's "on the fly" system isn't to blame, than how come we don't see these problems in COD4 or WaW? When MW2 is handing me too much bullshit or I'm feeling nostalgic I'll go back and play those and there's no problems other than modded controllers. I know that MW2 is the hot game right now, but there's a reason it's happening on MW2 and only MW2.

Here's a great video that shows how much bullshit is in MW2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCpEmqmXJ9c

is cheating rampant in this game? i had a team-mate yesterday that got 185 kills and 5 deaths. one hundred a freaking five kills. and then he ended the game with a nuke that stopped the score and had a countdown of 15 minutes. is that even possible?

It is if you're playing Ground War, Sabotage or Demo against a SUPER shitty team or just boosting with a friend on the other team like a dick.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']People actually OMA tube in your Dom matches and get away with it?

...Wow.[/QUOTE]

I can't stop them from spawning with it and shooting it.

Do they win because of it? Of course not.

bread's done
Back