CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='yahoosale14']what are the map pack impressions? is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I think the map pack is worth it. The older maps are nice and I think Bailout is the best map in the pack. Salvage is a horrible map IMO though.

for 1200 points it may be worth it, I loathed this game wanted to sell it many times and hadn't played it since jan. Now the new map playlist is all I play

I Agree with GuilewasNK. Bailout is by far the best new map, and the old ones still kick ass.

all the maps are fun on the different modes, if there is a weak map i feel its storm. there is just WAY to many spots for someone to sit tight. Very difficult to check all the possible nooks before moving into a room safely imo. Even though 15$ is steep, if you are playing mw2 its worth getting the maps. I put in way to many hours since that double xp weekend.

side note - AA12 is hella cheap, just started using it on 10th prestige...got 450kills and only 60 ranks in. too many times in HQ pro you are able to roll a hallway of people rushing to the capture point.

Just found the most fun class ever.

Mini Uzi-akimbo and rapid fire/fmj
PP2000-akimbo with fmj
bling pro
stopping power pro
steady aim pro

SO much fun just laying waste to people.

what are you guys using on your sniper classes?

right now i've got the Barrett w/thermal and silencer and the TMP with as my secondary.

perks are bling, stopping power and ninja. I'm looking for advice on the perks, although this class owns.

[quote name='bloodandthunder']what are you guys using on your sniper classes?

right now i've got the Barrett w/thermal and silencer and the TMP with as my secondary.

perks are bling, stopping power and ninja. I'm looking for advice on the perks, although this class owns.[/QUOTE]

Drop the bling, (and the silencer), add scavanger and c;laymores and consider Steady aim versus Ninja since most people aren't using heartbeat sensors (On regular versus hardcore) and even if they are your claymore will alert you to them. If they do get close to you having steady aim allows you to hipfire the TMP and for longer sniping targets you can hold your breath.

Hardcore than the class you have isn't to bad but again maybe drop the silencer and use cold blooded instead.

For sniper I been using
Barrett w/ Heartbeat, PP2000 w/ Red dot, Claymores
Scav
Stopping Power
Ninja

found the heartbeat pretty helpful finding guys who I wouldn't normal see + warning to prone & switch to the pp2000

Any recommendations for a CTF class? I am pretty awful at the mode for cap'n flags. Just would like to capture to the flags sometimes. Tact Insertion, Tact knife, marathon, lightweight doesn't work that well for me.

[quote name='naiku']For sniper I been using
Barrett w/ Heartbeat, PP2000 w/ Red dot, Claymores
Scav
Stopping Power
Ninja

found the heartbeat pretty helpful finding guys who I wouldn't normal see + warning to prone & switch to the pp2000

Any recommendations for a CTF class? I am pretty awful at the mode for cap'n flags. Just would like to capture to the flags sometimes. Tact Insertion, Tact knife, marathon, lightweight doesn't work that well for me.[/QUOTE]

Marathon, lightweight UMP... you will never need another class for any game mode (UMP kills in 2-4 shots on any mode, any range, with any perks basically) and maybe steady aim as the 3rd perk since you will be running more and firing from the hip will do you better than aiming in half the time. As for equipment, I would suggest smoke grenade and either a normal or semtex frag grenade.

I am dying to get back into this game for some Spec Ops...anyone? Ihave no idea when I'm going to play, but does anyone else need the Spec Ops achievements?

Playoff Hockey season puts a severe dent in my gaming time.

[quote name='Ronin317']I am dying to get back into this game for some Spec Ops...anyone? Ihave no idea when I'm going to play, but does anyone else need the Spec Ops achievements?

Playoff Hockey season puts a severe dent in my gaming time.[/QUOTE]

I need all the spec ops achieves, but haven't touched this game since MAG came out but would love to get them all.

I'm down for some spec ops, too. I've done pretty much all except the really hard ones because the only friend I know who would do spec ops with me isn't that good. If anyone's down to get some of these difficult ones (I really can't remember specifically which ones) just add my gamertag and send me a message. Oh and, please don't be bad because it'll just waste both of our time.

LOL.

Another 5 pack for the same price? Meh. The only reason I bought Stimulus was because of a CAG posting an irresistible Ebay deal. I definitely won't touch this pack if I can't find something remotely similar.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']LOL.

Another 5 pack for the same price? Meh. The only reason I bought Stimulus was because of a CAG posting an irresistible Ebay deal. I definitely won't touch this pack if I can't find something remotely similar.[/QUOTE]

Same here. As if the Stimulus Pack itself wasn't shameless money grabbing, Activision follows up with more of the same just a few months later.

I'll be too busy riding the open ranges of Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer, thanks.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Same here. As if the Stimulus Pack itself wasn't shameless money grabbing, Activision follows up with more of the same just a few months later.

I'll be too busy riding the open ranges of Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Especially with the new K-Mart deal because I planned on buying Alan Wake as well so I'll get $20 off RDR then spend the $15 coupon I'll get from that on Lost Planet 2. There's way too many games coming out this month for an announcement this underwhelming to hold my attention.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Ditto. Especially with the new K-Mart deal because I planned on buying Alan Wake as well so I'll get $20 off RDR then spend the $15 coupon I'll get from that on Lost Planet 2. There's way too many games coming out this month for an announcement this underwhelming to hold my attention.[/QUOTE]

Are you absolutely sure about that? Did you see early reviews for LP2?

Shit... just as I was about to finally get the Stimulus Pack and get on MW2 for the first time in 3 months, they announce another one coming out in 3 weeks. At least I'll have Amazon gaming credits to use on point cards.

after seeing Midwest Championships ....I been hooked on Street Fighter 4, thinking about picking up SSF4. Definitely gonna pass on these maps until i see a deal or suddenly need to play a FPS. Fighters got me hooked again x.x;

There was an article on N4G saying they will do 2 double XP weekends. First one will be weekend of 5/28/10 and the second one will be on 6/04/10.

Here's the info from MajorNelson's interview w / fourzerotwo
3 New Maps-Carnival, Trailer Park, Fuel
2 Old-Vacant, Strike
Cost: 1200 Microsoft Points
Out June 3.

If Strike is that stupid middle eastern map with the statue in the middle of an embassy like building, fuck you IW, fuck you.

Are OMA/DC/RPG/NoobTubing/Watching your killer die, respawn two feet behind you, then kill you in your own kill cam/UMP/Tac-commando/etc. less frequent, or is it because I'm playing with non-stimulus people? Stopped playing MW2 for a while because of those things, and decided to start playing again a few days ago for no real reason at all. I've noticed those annoying things don't happen nearly as much, which has made the game enjoyable again.

[quote name='moojuice']If Strike is that stupid middle eastern map with the statue in the middle of an embassy like building, fuck you IW, fuck you.

Are OMA/DC/RPG/NoobTubing/Watching your killer die, respawn two feet behind you, then kill you in your own kill cam/UMP/Tac-commando/etc. less frequent, or is it because I'm playing with non-stimulus people? Stopped playing MW2 for a while because of those things, and decided to start playing again a few days ago for no real reason at all. I've noticed those annoying things don't happen nearly as much, which has made the game enjoyable again.[/QUOTE]

Less frequent because you're playing with the more casual fans who aren't as hardcore/good at the game. Panda doesn't have the maps and it's kind of a good thing because we don't run into that shit as often when we're playing with him.

Guess Microsoft found out that people are brainwashed and will pay whatever price they put out, so they're keeping it at 1200. Figures.

Was REALLY hoping that Crossfire would've been one of the maps. Not a fan of either of the 2 old. The 3 new, besides Carnival, really just look all the same... "Oh look debris. Let's fight around it."

[quote name='Trakan']Less frequent because you're playing with the more casual fans who aren't as hardcore/good at the game. Panda doesn't have the maps and it's kind of a good thing because we don't run into that shit as often when we're playing with him.[/QUOTE]

Remember when you gave me shit for not having them?

You stink.

I would have preferred Ambush and Crossfire over Vacant and Strike. I like Vacant, but Strike was pretty meh to me (though Overgrown was as well). I will be passing on these unless some great deal pops up like the first MP did on ebay. For $8-$10 I would be fine getting these, but at $15 I will still be passing.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Guess Microsoft found out that people are brainwashed and will pay whatever price they put out, so they're keeping it at 1200. Figures.
[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has what to do with the pricing of a Call of Duty map pack?

I'll be getting them just like I got the first pack. I play the game enough to make it worth my while and I get my points cards at a discount.

I'll be getting the maps because I will continue to play MW2 until Black Ops/new Medal of Honor comes out so I might as well get the maps.

Since they gave out 1 week of Live for people that bought the first pack on the first day I wonder if they will do something for people that buy both on the first day. I know the free week was because of problems with the release but maybe they will do something.

[quote name='kevlar51']i wish they'd replace Strike with Shipment. Shipment and Vacant are my two favorite maps.[/QUOTE]

Rust is our Shipment. 1 severely small map is enough.

after the last map pack i dont think ill buy this one, the game is brutally annoying when i play with the map pack enabled (due to campers and noob tubes and what not) and when i play without them the game is alot more enjoyable.. i think ill pass. not to say these annoyances dont exist w/o the map pack, but its not as bad imo.

Vacant was amazing inside the buildings, and shotguns were especially fun in the buildings. Will be nice to figure out what kind of combinations will work well on that map. I need to see more the new maps though.

One thing I know though is that IW is going to keep making a killing giving us 2 old maps and three new ones. Once they run out of old maps to add in, we stop getting map packs hahaha.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Rust is our Shipment. 1 severely small map is enough.[/QUOTE]

I rarely see Rust due to the gametypes I play. and Rust has too much "up."

[quote name='moojuice']If Strike is that stupid middle eastern map with the statue in the middle of an embassy like building, fuck you IW, fuck you.[/QUOTE]

That was Bloc. Worst map in COD4, easily.

[quote name='Matt Young']That was Bloc. Worst map in COD4, easily.[/QUOTE]Be silenced! That was the best COD4 map, by far.

CTF on Bloc....:drool:

Bloc is not the one he's talking about. That was in Russia in an apartment complex. Strike is the one he's talking about. There is a section of the level that has a statue. And it's also in a "desert" type environment.

I absolutely HATE painkillers. Whether the person spawns 2 feet away from me with it and eats clips to kill me or whether I lay into them with 15 rounds of a Chopper Gunner and get an assist it is by far the most annoying deathstreak possible. I would much rather face half a team of people using Juggernaut (COD4) where it was still possible to kill them over someone that has painkillers.

What makes it better is that the rare times I have ever had painkillers I always spawn across the map from people so it basically is useless for me unless air support is up which no one ever has for long with my team anyways (all of us use at least one class to take down air support when we unlock cold blooded).

bread's done
Back