CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

Yea, you getting that random turret across the street saved our ass'. And I liked how they didn't blow it up until half of them were dead. And I can't believe how fast we did Big Brother, me and my friend seriously tried it over 20 times and finally got it. You are a much better runner...

Three more left! I'm going to play a little bit of AC2, then I'll be back.

I wanted to wait to see the nuke for the first time while playing the game, but since my xbox 360 stopped reading discs and i have to send it in for repair, i decided to watch it on youtube. I have to say i was pretty disappointed in the whole thing. I thought it would be a lot cooler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoHRgpnY_zc

EDIT: Just beat the campaign on Veteran. It was no where near as hard as COD4, there was nothing aggravating like No Fighting in the War Room or the standoff at the carnival. I managed to beat the Loose End standoff in 2 tries, and the final stretch took me 3 experimental tries just spamming flashbangs and sprinting to the end.

Anyone want to help boost the Down But Not Out achievement?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the Mario emblem! BWALLIN'

emblem-8-bit-price.jpg

Spec ops tonight after 5 ET? Anyone? Need to finish up about 7 missions on Charlie and delta, and need one more star to unlock the last 3. At 39/69 stars, looking for a decent coop partner to get me closer to 69. Post here or PM if you're interested.

[quote name='KingBroly']Me and DarknessBear beat 3 Spec Op Missions tonight. Homeland Security was really tough, but we got through it because I went across the road to Nate's for a Turret on the roof. We beat Estate Takedown after many tries, but we almost got taken out by the last random straggler. I was down and Bear almost died. That would've been funny and infuriating at the same time. We also beat Big Brother on the first try (he had already done it before) which was cool so now I don't have to worry about that one.

I also tried Armor Piercing with a friend for nearly 3 hours and we still didn't beat it :( but we got to 4 left on various attempts. 4 more missions to go.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys 3 staring these? Friend me I would be up for some of this.

[quote name='zewone']I got the Mario emblem! BWALLIN'

emblem-8-bit-price.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's actually price if look, you can see the goatee lol. Do you know how you got it?

[quote name='LordKefka06']COD: MW2 + Saving Private Ryan = Hilarious.

http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/32d666a5cd/call-of-duty-secret-spielberg-level-unlocked[/QUOTE]

I have to be honest, I'm not one to be offended but I did not find that funny at all and done in very bad taste. They take arguably one of the greatest scenes in modern film that captures the brutality, terror, and sheer scope of violence in the largest war in human history and turn it into a little laugh fest with their friends....

[quote name='chibamm']I have to be honest, I'm not one to be offended but I did not find that funny at all and done in very bad taste. They take arguably one of the greatest scenes in modern film that captures the brutality, terror, and sheer scope of violence in the largest war in human history and turn it into a little laugh fest with their friends....[/QUOTE]

Wow. You sire deserve a medal for, "searching for things to be offend by." Choosing to somehow be offend by a slight parody of a fictional movie.

Are you new to the interweb?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dude... how? you up for the rest of Spec Ops?[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll show you (I've done it twice now, once by myself), and yeah, some more Spec Ops would be nice. I only need to do 1 more Mission. Me and powersss got to the end of Wetwork, but he got stabbed by an Eskimo.

The method I found makes Armor Piercing a breeze.

One thing I love and one thing I hate about COD.

Love: Nube tube. Not so much for the easy kills but the fact that someone getting killed by the nube tube is prone it just fall a fucking part. I have seen so much rage over getting killed by a certain weapon but its so funny to listen to.

Hate: That many of the tactical game modes are being ruined completely by the TDM crowd. I love the mode sabotage but only 1 out of 5 games are worth playing as everyone useally is hiding in corners trying to get kills. I have played matches where the bomb doesnt move by anyone elses hand but mine for a full 4 - 5 min.

Also, the amount of sniping is annoying me.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dude... how? you up for the rest of Spec Ops?[/QUOTE]

Not hard, you just camp where the ammo box is and the juggs only come at you from the front usually one at a time. Five snipe shots with the Barrett and they are done, and just use flashes when you get into trouble.

I did them all except for Wetwork and Homeland Security by myself(and the two you need a partner with obviously).

[quote name='Soodmeg']One thing I love and one thing I hate about COD.

Love: Nube tube. Not so much for the easy kills but the fact that someone getting killed by the nube tube is prone it just fall a fucking part. I have seen so much rage over getting killed by a certain weapon but its so funny to listen to.

Hate: That many of the tactical game modes are being ruined completely by the TDM crowd. I love the mode sabotage but only 1 out of 5 games are worth playing as everyone useally is hiding in corners trying to get kills. I have played matches where the bomb doesnt move by anyone elses hand but mine for a full 4 - 5 min.

Also, the amount of sniping is annoying me.[/QUOTE]

while there is a lot of sniping I've found that when I play HQ, the points for capturing the HQ is so great that it's worth doing even if it means more deaths.

Yea, online can often times suck. I never play the objective matches because it just turns into people saying, "DON'T PLANT THE BOMB!" "DONT CAPTURE THE POINT!". Because they want to just get kills... so annoying.

Me and DarknessBear did Wetwork. Boy, that final breach is annoying. You have to do it just right or it's over.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, that was awesome. Grats on the 1000G's dude![/QUOTE]

KingBroly got 1000g already? Nice job:applause:. I've only got 1000g on COD4 so I've got to try on this but it's gonna be tough :twoguns:.

I didn't get 1000g in COD4 because the infinite spawning got on my nerves. I almost got Mile High Club, though. Stupid hit detection on that guy was ridiculous. Yeah, it took me 19 hours to get all 69 stars in Spec Ops. That's more than all the time I put into Campaign.

Armor Piercing is a piece of cake now. That method...100% fullproof...as long as a Juggernaut doesn't spawn early on.

[quote name='KingBroly']I didn't get 1000g in COD4 because the infinite spawning got on my nerves. I almost got Mile High Club, though. Stupid hit detection on that guy was ridiculous. Yeah, it took me 19 hours to get all 69 stars in Spec Ops. That's more than all the time I put into Campaign.

Armor Piercing is a piece of cake now. That method...100% fullproof...as long as a Juggernaut doesn't spawn early on.[/QUOTE]

I may need to "CONSULT" with you if I'm getting stuck on the Achievements ;). I'm not an Achievement Whore but since I did it on COD4,
I feel the need to do it again on MW2. 19 hours? Wow, you deserve the achievements after that much time spent on Spec-Ops.

I'm sure it took most people who did them all longer because they came up with some of the better techniques for making some of the missions go by fast.

Score boosters? What do you mean?

And I didn't get 1000g on COD4... the only achievement I didn't get was Mile High Club. That missions is ridiculous... you get like 1 friggen minute. Just enough time to sprint through.

Every time mile high club is completed on Veteran, a baby gets curb stomped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have 2 cheesemints left and they are the same 2 I left in COD4, finding intels. I hate collecting shit in games and I put it off in COD4 and completely forgot about it.

One of these days I will go through and grab them.

about how much easier is Spec Ops with a partner? I can probably do some more if I was very patient, just that I hate when I die after wasting 10+ min for some missions

[quote name='Doomed']How?[/QUOTE]

grab a sniper. head up until you get the to scaffolding and get up there.
we put a claymore at the base of the stairs to warn of a a jugg coming but apparently that doesnt happen often.

then just wait. and fire away when they start coming from the far side.

Another dumb question.
In the single campaign, you can use the quick aim, by tapping the left trigger.
Does this also work in multiplayer mode?
If so, do you need to use a certain perk for it, or ranking?

[quote name='Khondor']Anybody up for some 3rd person game types?
If so, hit me up.[/QUOTE]

I have not tried this mode yet but I am always up for a challenge so drop me a friend invite for tonight.

[quote name='sunnysky']Another dumb question.
In the single campaign, you can use the quick aim, by tapping the left trigger.
Does this also work in multiplayer mode?
If so, do you need to use a certain perk for it, or ranking?[/QUOTE]

You know I thought it did but it really doesnt. Something you will get a small aim assist where you will follow a guy for a little bit but it doesnt look like you can snap to people by just pressing LT.

I've yet to receive a nuke in a care package, or heard of anyone else receiving one. It might just be an infinitesimally small chance to receive one. Either way, even if there is a remote chance of getting one, you definitely don't have to worry about people popping care package nukes every few games, for a cheap win.

One thing that does annoy me, is that sniping in third person mode, is still the same as it is in first person matches. It seems kind of cheap, that you get to zoom in, and look through the scope first-person wise, when everyone else is running around aiming in third person mode. If anything, at least in my opinion, sniping in third person should just give you a lot more zoom than a normal gun. Still have it in third person, rather than the first person scope zoom. Obviously it'd be difficult to make a really accurate head shot across the map, but everyone else in third person mode faces that too. Maybe I'm just sad because I don't snipe much, but to me seems a tad un-even to everyone else using non-snipers in third person.

[quote name='Doomed']How?[/QUOTE]

Basically, you go past the 2nd set of stairs to get outside, and there will be a ladder directly in front of you. You go up there, go prone, and snipe with a rifle. Bring the Juggernauts to you by using your Thumper that you start with as your second weapon.

It can actually be done by yourself using this method.

My sister's son is asking for Modern Warfare 2 for xmas, and I would like to know if the game has an option to filter language and turn off gore? Any other useful options in that regard?

I finally finished the single player campaign the other night (lttp a little) and I have to say while it was fun, it certainly doesn't warrant the high scores this game has been getting.

The frustrations of single player from the first Modern Warfare are still in this game. Unclear direction of where to go, infinite spawning of enemies until you cross some invisible border or time limit, huge swings in enemy AI from being completely brain dead to sniping you from halfway across the level as soon as an inch of your body is exposed, etc.

That being said, multiplayer makes up for it big time. I wouldn't care if Modern Warfare 3 had no single player at all. Put all of those resources into making multiplayer even better.

[quote name='crunchewy']My sister's son is asking for Modern Warfare 2 for xmas, and I would like to know if the game has an option to filter language and turn off gore? Any other useful options in that regard?[/QUOTE]

On starting the game for the first time there's a prompt that warns about content, but I'm pretty sure that's only related to a specific level. I haven't seen any other options.

bread's done
Back