CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

Honestly, kills should only count of they come from guns or grenades. That would make this boosting bullshit A LOT harder. Also, the player in in control of the chopper for WAYYYYYY too long and it's bullshit what that thing can shoot through sometimes. Completely surprised at how unbalanced this game is...

[quote name='slickkill77']Trust me we weren't either. He threw it at the harrier and it either bounced off the harrier or just over a building and nailed the guy.[/QUOTE]
Can the knives even reach that high up in the air?

This is why MW2 needs a halo 3 esque video editing mode. So many of these knife kills have been posted up on youtube, but all it is is just a random fling and +100. doesn't really show much else.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']
This is why MW2 needs a halo 3 esque video editing mode. So many of these knife kills have been posted up on youtube, but all it is is just a random fling and +100. doesn't really show much else.[/QUOTE]

QFT, I got an insane multi-kill with C4 earlier today but it was mid-way through the match. I wish I could've seen it.

[quote name='SynGamer']Honestly, kills should only count of they come from guns or grenades. That would make this boosting bullshit A LOT harder. Also, the player in in control of the chopper for WAYYYYYY too long and it's bullshit what that thing can shoot through sometimes. Completely surprised at how unbalanced this game is...[/QUOTE]

I am beyond surprised at what this game provides us at this point. I am simply pissed at IW for putting out such an epic game with no public beta. Most of these issues could have been addressed with a beta and a patch could have been released at launch or soon afterward. It boggles my mind that people think the MP is even remotely good. The weapons and perks are completely unbalanced and inconsistent. Does the M16 kill in 1 burst or 3? No, really. Which one is it? How about 4 bursts? How does a short barrel shotgun, modeled from the Civil War, have the ability to shoot 50+ feet with laser like precision? It's incredible. Did IW even play the game? If they did, this nonsense would have been fixed without question.

I have decided to lower my blood pressure and refuse to play MP until a patch is released for all of this garbage. I'll play the campaign or Spec Ops, but I will not play MP until there is a fix. I have WAY too many other better games that give me more enjoyment that this piece of garbage. Sorry for the rant but I had to blow off steam.

You know what I love now? I love going into games and being a complete dick by actually completing the objective.

"Who the fuck set the bomb? What a fucking $$$$$$."

Nothing better than pissing people of by actually playing the game the right way.

Ugh, that is so annoying. Big reason why COD/XBL turns me off... all people want to do is level. You can't play 1 on 1 - every body just wants to do challenges. What is the point? This is not WoW, you don't need to level. Just play the damn game.

Just don't play objective games with regulars. Find people on CAG or other sites you visit (see the CAG list thread here) if you want to play them. Friend randoms you run into who play as a team etc.

Otherwise, stick with Free for All and Mercenary Team Death Match for playing with randoms since you can just mute everyone and play on your own.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ugh, that is so annoying. Big reason why COD/XBL turns me off... all people want to do is level. You can't play 1 on 1 - every body just wants to do challenges. What is the point? This is not WoW, you don't need to level. Just play the damn game.[/QUOTE]

1 on 1 is pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. It wasn't fun in Halo, it wouldn't be fun in COD. It doesn't show skill. In COD whoever saw who first would take the lead and just camp until the person ran by again. Not to mention all the maps are HUGE for 1 on 1.

[quote name='Pck21']I am beyond surprised at what this game provides us at this point. I am simply pissed at IW for putting out such an epic game with no public beta. Most of these issues could have been addressed with a beta and a patch could have been released at launch or soon afterward. It boggles my mind that people think the MP is even remotely good. The weapons and perks are completely unbalanced and inconsistent. Does the M16 kill in 1 burst or 3? No, really. Which one is it? How about 4 bursts? How does a short barrel shotgun, modeled from the Civil War, have the ability to shoot 50+ feet with laser like precision? It's incredible. Did IW even play the game? If they did, this nonsense would have been fixed without question.

I have decided to lower my blood pressure and refuse to play MP until a patch is released for all of this garbage. I'll play the campaign or Spec Ops, but I will not play MP until there is a fix. I have WAY too many other better games that give me more enjoyment that this piece of garbage. Sorry for the rant but I had to blow off steam.[/QUOTE]

The M16 is pretty much the same from COD4. It's one burst close range, and possibly more the farther you are away. A lot of the time it's 1 burst though.

The 1887s especially akimbo are straight garbage though. The range and accuracy are ridiculous, and you can use the knife on top of that. Take akimbo off shotguns, or nerf the 1887's range and accuracy.

I do agree about a public beta, but we wouldn't have been able to see the effects of the M16 or the 1887s, as it would have likely only gone up to ~level 25.

None of this stuff will make me stop playing the game, though.

Wow, had a game where two people, 1 from each team were either boosting for challenges or a nuke, annoying as shit.

Just unlocked the M16 tonight and put the holographic/silencer on it, liking it so far but I don't see that much of a difference from the FAMAS, which I was using ever since level 1.

I love shooting down enemy air support and getting flak from the opposite team when I do it. As soon as I hear anything going up in the air, I whip out the Stinger and shoot it before it can get any kills.

[quote name='Trakan']1 on 1 is pretty much the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. It wasn't fun in Halo, it wouldn't be fun in COD. It doesn't show skill. In COD whoever saw who first would take the lead and just camp until the person ran by again. Not to mention all the maps are HUGE for 1 on 1.
[/QUOTE]
Nope, it is fun. I was great at it in COD4. It just feels great destroying all those that power leveled to 70 Prestige, yet have no skill.

that's pretty crazy, and if it happened to me I'd probably be like...damn, why isn't there a challenge award for that?

knives as you saw in the video apparently don't stick into concret walls. >.> (or metal siding)

The C4 is really a double edged sword, I've placed them in sniper spots where I know someone always goes to and if they dont have the Cold Blooded Perk, or a silencer it's a confirmed kill when they show up on the map. I don't recall how many times I've killed myself with C4 by mistake though...but certainly less than the number of times i've frustrated the other team. The throwing knife and claymores are still my favorite.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about MP but either way it's engaging enough for me to continue playing even when the odds seems to be against you more often. Sure you see tons of ppl just trying to do achievements for emblems and exp but those are the guys you put down like dogs. Although I do agree to some degree on the akimbo 1887 shotguns, it's a higher level wpn and I guess it's IW's way of rewarding someone who's unlocked it. Until I got mowed down by it over and over again did I realize it, MW2 can be played like Halo3.

scavenger and a javelin is great, no UAV's or any airsupport for the other team. Plus, when the javelin touches down, and even though you didn't splash 2-3 players it's detrimental on their morale.

[quote name='Trakan']
The M16 is pretty much the same from COD4. It's one burst close range, and possibly more the farther you are away. A lot of the time it's 1 burst though.

The 1887s especially akimbo are straight garbage though. The range and accuracy are ridiculous, and you can use the knife on top of that. Take akimbo off shotguns, or nerf the 1887's range and accuracy.

I do agree about a public beta, but we wouldn't have been able to see the effects of the M16 or the 1887s, as it would have likely only gone up to ~level 25.

None of this stuff will make me stop playing the game, though.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the problem I'm experiencing in the game; if I shoot someone with the same gun, attachments, and perks, I get different results on a nearly constant basis. I was watching my gf's brother play over the weekend on the PS3. He's a damn good player and never makes excuses. He had the M16 with red dot and went an entire match just dominating. The next game he played, with the same group of people, he did horrible and I noticed why. His M16, which he could kill with one short burst in the game before, now took two or more bursts to kill. One guy he lined up from behind, took a shot at his head, and the guy turned around and popped him with a machine pistol. It even looked ridiculous on the kill cam. I nearly shat myself in disbelief while he just said, "Meh, shoulda knifed him when I had the chance." I was like, "No, a head shot is a head shot and he should have been dead." Don't even get me started on the 1887's...wow.

I think a public beta would have fixed the spawn issues and the weapon inconsistency. It doesn't happen with just certain weapons, it happens with all of them. A massive public beta would have given IW insight on the problems in advance, but instead they wanted to keep MW2 a big secret or something. That worked out well.

I still find myself confused by the general game play and strategy online. Am I supposed to run and gun, sit and hold a choke point, or snipe? If I wanted a sit and wait type of game play (camping) I would go back and play GRAW or RV6. If I wanted run and gun, I'll go play Halo. It seems IW just threw everything onto the table and said, "Perfect!" and left it at that.

[quote name='Pck21']
I still find myself confused by the general game play and strategy online. Am I supposed to run and gun, sit and hold a choke point, or snipe? If I wanted a sit and wait type of game play (camping) I would go back and play GRAW or RV6. If I wanted run and gun, I'll go play Halo. It seems IW just threw everything onto the table and said, "Perfect!" and left it at that.[/QUOTE]

I think a big part of the appeal of CoD's multiplayer is the ability to find a play style that fits you, and be able to do decent at it.

Vs. a game like Halo where you have to run and gun etc.

if you're lucky enough to be in a match with someone who's smart, they'll follow your lead or you can work off each other even without comms.

one guy followed me the whole match everytime he saw me because I had the riot shield. smart guy, we racked up a lot of kills that deathmatch. though most times you just have pick up groups that just run in guns blazing and letting the opposing team get kill streaks.

[quote name='Pck21']Well, that's the problem I'm experiencing in the game; if I shoot someone with the same gun, attachments, and perks, I get different results on a nearly constant basis. I was watching my gf's brother play over the weekend on the PS3. He's a damn good player and never makes excuses. He had the M16 with red dot and went an entire match just dominating. The next game he played, with the same group of people, he did horrible and I noticed why. His M16, which he could kill with one short burst in the game before, now took two or more bursts to kill. One guy he lined up from behind, took a shot at his head, and the guy turned around and popped him with a machine pistol. It even looked ridiculous on the kill cam. I nearly shat myself in disbelief while he just said, "Meh, shoulda knifed him when I had the chance." I was like, "No, a head shot is a head shot and he should have been dead." Don't even get me started on the 1887's...wow.

I think a public beta would have fixed the spawn issues and the weapon inconsistency. It doesn't happen with just certain weapons, it happens with all of them. A massive public beta would have given IW insight on the problems in advance, but instead they wanted to keep MW2 a big secret or something. That worked out well.

I still find myself confused by the general game play and strategy online. Am I supposed to run and gun, sit and hold a choke point, or snipe? If I wanted a sit and wait type of game play (camping) I would go back and play GRAW or RV6. If I wanted run and gun, I'll go play Halo. It seems IW just threw everything onto the table and said, "Perfect!" and left it at that.[/QUOTE]

The dual-wielding is also becoming quite ridiculous. VERY overpowered, especially considering the distance people are getting kills from.

The dual 1887's definitely is ridiculous. I got one shotted by a guy the other day, from sooo far away. The really sad thing is, that I saw the spray go even further past me. I love using Akimbo G18's though with extended mags. For one it sounds awesome, half the time my team will go "Wtf is that sound?", when I blast through the 50 or so round clips :bouncy:. I'm not really sure if they're considered overpowered or not. At any kind of distance, I generally can't hit crap with them, not like the dual 1887's anyways.

I also find commando pretty annoying... My Internet is pretty crappy, so I usually lag and have a delay from the time I shoot someone and the time it actually will register I hit anything... For whatever reason, it seems like if I'm sitting there plugging away at a person who is charging me w/ a knife, I end up getting owned and nothing happens to them. Even on their kill-cam nothing hit them - it is like just because I died, my bullets that I fired no longer count :bomb:. I'm not saying it isn't fair, because of the user or the game, just annoys me how often I get knifed when shooting directly at someone.

Oh, and my knifing seems pretty retarded. Some how I end up missing 90% of my knife attempts??? Even if it looks like on my screen I knifed them, they somehow juke around it and knife me??? Oh well, I still do fairly decent, even with my silly puddy knife.

I have 24 hours in, and I haven't been nuked yet. Weird. I'm typically on Ground War, maybe that has something to do with it. Haven't seen boosters either. I am constantly shooting down harriers and helis, so maybe I'm cutting into someone's action.

got nuked once, the guy who got certainly didn't have a 25 kill streak. he lucked out and got it from an emergency airdrop.

interesting way to lose a match, glad it doesn't happen often.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not possible to get it from any type of care package, so says Infinity Ward. You can get it with a 24 killstreak using Hardline though.

As for Ground War not having seen nukes, then consider yourself you're lucky. I saw maybe two my first 24h, but my second 24h I've seen dozens and a majority of them aren't legit at all. It mainly depends on your luck and the days/times you play from what I'm noticing, with the weekends obviously being the worst.

So, the general impression I am getting here is that people don't actually play the Spec Ops Coop sessions the way they were intended? As in, random folks online just... game the system to level up?

I was considering getting this, either through a bundle or on its own, and the original Modern Warfare if the Spec Ops Coop was decent... I've learned from experience that I tend to /hate/ playing Deathmatch with random gamers.

[quote name='100xp']got nuked once, the guy who got certainly didn't have a 25 kill streak. he lucked out and got it from an emergency airdrop.

interesting way to lose a match, glad it doesn't happen often.[/QUOTE]

0% chance of getting a nuke from a drop, so it didn't happen that way.

[quote name='Gourd']So, the general impression I am getting here is that people don't actually play the Spec Ops Coop sessions the way they were intended? As in, random folks online just... game the system to level up?

I was considering getting this, either through a bundle or on its own, and the original Modern Warfare if the Spec Ops Coop was decent... I've learned from experience that I tend to /hate/ playing Deathmatch with random gamers.[/QUOTE]

What?

Spec Ops is coop campaign missions, basically. There's no leveling up in those. There's also no spec ops in MW1.

[quote name='Trakan']

What?

Spec Ops is coop campaign missions, basically. There's no leveling up in those. There's also no spec ops in MW1.[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright. I guess what confused me was all the talk of people entering game sessions just to level or farm for challenges. It's good to hear that this doesn't extend to the COOP as well.

I don't think I'll be playing this very long. As soon as Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes out I'll probably stop playing this all together. Way to much camping etc.... I've actually found the game to be more fun when you get a group of friends together and do goofy shit. Like everyone getting riot shields and hiding in the bathroom with them.

[quote name='slickkill77']I don't think I'll be playing this very long. As soon as Battlefield Bad Company 2 comes out I'll probably stop playing this all together. Way to much camping etc.... I've actually found the game to be more fun when you get a group of friends together and do goofy shit. Like everyone getting riot shields and hiding in the bathroom with them.[/QUOTE]

I definitely recommend it. Going spartan team style with the riot shields stuns the other team for a sec... even funnier if you get lucky and most of the team is coming from one direction and you send one guy to flank.

There are some quite legit gripes over the last few pages...I have noticed that the Akimbo 1887s is pretty ridiculous as well. I have also noticed inconsistent power on some of the guns, but the thing that REALLY chaps my ass is when I have someone sighted, fire 2 or three rounds into them, and they still get to me and knife me through the bullets. If I try that? I'm toast on the second bullet for sure. I play mostly hardcore, but it's even worse in regular. And the fact that people can just run through claymores in any mode is beyond me. And I'm not talking with lightweight on or anything...just run through it.

Is it just me, or are there WAY more people running around and jumping like it's fucking Halo this time around? Is the jump a bit more powerful in this game or what?

[quote name='slickkill77']I've actually found the game to be more fun when you get a group of friends together and do goofy shit.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but that's the case with pretty much any online game.

The team of riot shields is fun. Drives 'em nuts.

[quote name='Ronin317']There are some quite legit gripes over the last few pages...I have noticed that the Akimbo 1887s is pretty ridiculous as well. I have also noticed inconsistent power on some of the guns, but the thing that REALLY chaps my ass is when I have someone sighted, fire 2 or three rounds into them, and they still get to me and knife me through the bullets. If I try that? I'm toast on the second bullet for sure. I play mostly hardcore, but it's even worse in regular. And the fact that people can just run through claymores in any mode is beyond me. And I'm not talking with lightweight on or anything...just run through it.

Is it just me, or are there WAY more people running around and jumping like it's fucking Halo this time around? Is the jump a bit more powerful in this game or what?[/QUOTE]

I go through the exact same thing with shooting the crap out of someone but they still somehow survive to knife me. On their screen it doesn't even show them being hit, but on mine it registered some hits :bomb:. I've also seen people run directly over a claymore, blowing up inbetween their legs, and they still walk away undamaged. No Blast Shield, etc. and they're still fine?? I don't even have to be close to a claymore, or air strike for that matter and they own the crap outa me :booty:.

Also, I've noticed people like to jump... a lot. I also hate how people start shooting and instantly go prone at the same time, and even though I show some hits at the beginning, nothing ends up registering??? A lot of it could do with my connection, but its really depressing either way. Oh, and I get killed in lots of b.s. ways with the riot shield too. People seem to penetrate the riot shield head on with bullets (even on their screen), and find magic openings in my riot shield defense, that I know shouldn't have been there. Again though, I think it just equates to lag. Its still really fun when you actually get a five kill streak etc., with just throwing knives / riot shield :applause:.

I've also run into a few "riot shield teams". One was in third person capture the flag - three people from a clan all had riot shields, and some random person was actually using a gun. It was kind of sad how easy it was for us. We ended up racking up some easy kill streaks, and it was game over :robot:. It is kind of sad though, how easily it is to pick off riot shield people with a gernade launcher, although I hardly use one other than to unlock the shotgun, or if someone on the other team is spamming one.

725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

Oddly enough, I haven't run into anyone using the knife build.

EPIC WIN I scored a minty copy of MW2 for 30 bucks off CL today and looking to play with people. My gamertag is evildeadjedi007 so I might already be present on your friend's list.

Kidding me? I run into 4 or 5 knife set up every time I play. Hell I even have one for shits and giggles.

I agree that IW went a little too casually in the creation of this game. I understand their idea but they went just a tad over the line with some of these perks and attachments. But still not enough to get me to stop playing.

I don't understand why everyone is just know getting into the whole knifing thing. My friend Royal Pilot (formerly known as IceViper777) has been knifing on his account "only use knife" since COD 4 and he only uses a knife. He had over 10,000 kills only using a knife on COD4. So the knifing thing doesn't bother me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/IceViper777

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats because the knife was actually skillful to use, "people getting into the whole knife thing," because its 100x easier to do.

Its like a fisher price mommy my first melee kill.

I'm still finding infinite fun with this game even after several days played online. I agree that some of the weapons are quite unbalanced but everything has an equalizer. I'll play serious for awhile and then run and gun for awhile since everyone hides trying to build killstreaks.

My new favorite thing is using a sniper on wooded maps to not stand out as much as the regular uniforms and perks to go invisible on uav then running around lime a mad man knifing or poppin people with silent shotguns.

[quote name='tcrash247']
725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

Oddly enough, I haven't run into anyone using the knife build.[/QUOTE]

I freaking love PA! That comic says it all. The knife guy is a total doucher, but the double shotgun guy is an absolute tool that needs to go back to Halo. I've noticed the jumping guy in games now as well and that's completely ridiculous.

Apparently there's a fix coming out for some of this stuff as mentioned by RB in a Twitter post. Hopefully, IW listens to the community and makes some drastic updates to the online play. Otherwise, they've completely lost me as a customer for any and all upcoming MW games as well as MW2. It's really disappointing to say that, but I want to have fun with online games. If I'm getting screwed over by things that are out of my control, then I'll find something else to play in the mean time.

I hadn't seen a single nuke until the other night and then one guy went three games in a row in domination getting them. It was horrible, he got 24 kills (hardline = -1) and called it in each time as soon as he could, what a dick.

Ugh. I just got my AK and now I have the urge to prestige at least three times to afford a slot dedicated to it AND a riot shield class. If it weren't for the fact leveling up is ten times easier than it was in COD 4 I wouldn't have considered it. It only took around two weeks to reach 70. Not to mention Akimbo 87s got old real quick as I'd prefer to actually get better and they are by no means a substantial substitute for actual skill or teamwork. Same with Marathon/Commando knifing as you WILL get your ass handed to you no questions asked to better players hence why you won't ever see me complain about either of them.

A large majority of the time I'm playing with micless/obnoxious randoms with no sense of teamwork what so ever ANYWAY so I never blame the so called jackass for taking advantage of it. I just switch to a stealther class w/ heartbeat and camp more to deal with it.

Anyway... does anyone here know of a site that has all of the prestige TITLES?

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just dropped my first nuke......no title, emblem, xp boost, pat on the back?

Weak sauce.[/QUOTE]

I know you have to get 2 for the challenge so you probably need 2 for those things.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Ugh. I just got my AK and now I have the urge to prestige at least three times to afford a slot dedicated to it AND a riot shield class. If it weren't for the fact leveling up is ten times easier than it was in COD 4 I wouldn't have considered it. It only took around two weeks to reach 70. Not to mention Akimbo 87s got old real quick as I'd prefer to actually get better and they are by no means a substantial substitute for actual skill or teamwork. Same with Marathon/Commando knifing as you WILL get your ass handed to you no questions asked to better players hence why you won't ever see me complain about either of them.

A large majority of the time I'm playing with micless/obnoxious randoms with no sense of teamwork what so ever ANYWAY so I never blame the so called jackass for taking advantage of it. I just switch to a stealther class w/ heartbeat and camp more to deal with it.

Anyway... does anyone here know of a site that has all of the prestige TITLES?[/QUOTE]

It takes way longer to get to 70 in MW2 than it did to get to 55/65 in the previous games. At least for me it does.

[quote name='life.exe']It takes way longer to get to 70 in MW2 than it did to get to 55/65 in the previous games. At least for me it does.[/QUOTE]

In MW1, I could go from 1 to Prestige in about 24 hrs play time.

In MW2, I'm over 2 days played and still level 65. I could've cut that down if I varied my gametypes and equipment more to complete challenges, but I think it would still take close to 2 days to go from 1 - 70.

[quote name='LordKefka06']http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/File:EMBLEMS-04.jpg. Cool to see that IW included some of the MW1 prestige icons.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The site you posted had all the information I needed. Sucks that almost all of the Prestige related titles are ridiculously bland but oh well. At least I'm digging some of the medals. Has anyone confirmed what reward you get on the 10th Prestige yet? Officially I mean.

[quote name='Puffa469']In MW1, I could go from 1 to Prestige in about 24 hrs play time.

In MW2, I'm over 2 days played and still level 65. I could've cut that down if I varied my gametypes and equipment more to complete challenges, but I think it would still take close to 2 days to go from 1 - 70.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are 15 more levels. After you prestige, you get special prestige challenges. 10,000 experience per 500, 1000, 2500 kills with each weapon. That ends up helping a lot towards the next prestige.

Wow, this game just got that much worse.....there is now a javelin glitch out there. If you see someone sprinting around with a javelin then they most likely are doing the glitch.

What happens is upon death of the person doing the javelin glitch he immediately explodes with a javelin rocket. Those are you know have huge splash damage and basically kills anyone within 20 ft of the person.

Even if you shoot them from a decent ways away its super dangerous because any of your team mates around him are dead.

Only good thing is that they cant get any kill streaks since they have to die in order to do the glitch.

I honestly doubt the glitch will last much longer and it can be done with any launcher. For reasons you've already explained Javelin is the weapon of choice. I've only seen it done once or twice in Ground War myself so if they're smart they'll patch it in the next coming weeks before it really takes off.

Either way it didn't bother me much in those games since my team caught on quick.

Got fucked in MP tonight by akimbo shotguns. What's worse is that after the match the douchbag who was "pwning" our team was like "hey, that team was garbage" ... I guess I didn't realize that you can get a one shot kill from those things from about 40 feet away (from on top of a two story roof when I was about 10 feet out from the bldg).

I'm still trying to understand why people are such dicks on XBL.

bread's done
Back