CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

I'm the complete opposite. I totally prefer these maps. The only one I don't like is Wasteland, because there are so many pussy snipers/campers on that map.

Also, I just found a bug today: Claymores don't get triggered by people in last/final stand.

Are some of the accolades glitched? Just went a entire match without dying or killing anyone, got the Excailbur title and the golden eagle logo yet no AFK accolade.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Are some of the accolades glitched? Just went a entire match without dying or killing anyone, got the Excailbur title and the golden eagle logo yet no AFK accolade.[/QUOTE]

You have to get it in a private match.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont know, i just got my xbox 360 back from repair, played some of the MP and i just cant get into it much. I just dont like any of the maps. I even think about going back to world at war because they had better maps. Plus all this dual weapon crap. I dunno. I want to like it, but im just not feeling it. Mainly because i dont like any of the maps. COD4 maps were so good compared to these.[/QUOTE]

At first I did not like these new maps, but I've grown to like them alot over the 3+ days I have logged playing.

I even like wasteland, which I HATED at first. Soo many snipers to kill, and god help the other team if they hole up in the bunker and I come by with a grenade launcher.

I have to agree - as time has gone on, I've liked the new maps quite a bit. Terminal, High Rise, and Sub Base being my current favorites, and Wasteland can be a lot of fun if you learn its layout a bit better.

A lot of them feel like remixes of MW1's set. High Rise is the new Wet Work, for example. Once I started aligning them with original inspiration, a lot of them made much more sense.

I do think Estate and Rundown are the weakest, but I'm still learning them. And I miss Bloc, Countdown, Pipeline, Showdown, and Vacant (and partially Wet Work). But having now gone through the initial break in period, the maps are feeling much better overall.

Basically the more I play the MP, the more I like it, and the more it feels like MW1.

[quote name='Strell']I have to agree - as time has gone on, I've liked the new maps quite a bit. Terminal, High Rise, and Sub Base being my current favorites, and Wasteland can be a lot of fun if you learn its layout a bit better.

A lot of them feel like remixes of MW1's set. High Rise is the new Wet Work, for example. Once I started aligning them with original inspiration, a lot of them made much more sense.

I do think Estate and Rundown are the weakest, but I'm still learning them. And I miss Bloc, Countdown, Pipeline, Showdown, and Vacant (and partially Wet Work). But having now gone through the initial break in period, the maps are feeling much better overall.

Basically the more I play the MP, the more I like it, and the more it feels like MW1.[/QUOTE]

I think Estate is good for objective based game modes, but really weak for TDM or FFA. Everyone seems to head towards the main house, which I don't understand since it's very hard to hold, and why would you try in TDM?

I do miss the MW1 maps, and IW could make a ton more money by releasing some sort of 'classic' map pack with MW1 maps. They could redo them a bit to account for all the new gameplay advances.

[quote name='Puffa469']I think Estate is good for objective based game modes, but really weak for TDM or FFA. Everyone seems to head towards the main house, which I don't understand since it's very hard to hold, and why would you try in TDM?

I do miss the MW1 maps, and IW could make a ton more money by releasing some sort of 'classic' map pack with MW1 maps. They could redo them a bit to account for all the new gameplay advances.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same about the main house. It's like something instinctual to the rest of the players or something.. they just all rush it.

In TDM it is the only real cover on the map, that is why a team would want to hold it. When air support starts coming in you can be safe there as opposed to the other houses where they are half blown up/to small to fit a team.

So I hear the patch is out (Im at work) and it fixed the main bugs in the game.

- Jav glitch
- Multiple care package glitch
- Afghan map exploit

But I also read that it didn't fix some things that needed fixing, like the care package speed glitch.

In addition, it appears that IW nerfed the Lightweight perk. It still makes you faster, but not as fast as it used to make you. I think they did this to weaken the run & knife, and run & akimbo 87 classes in one shot.

Also, I'm wondering about the Pavelow. At first I thought that it never counted toward killstreaks, even if you had it as a killstreak reward and didnt get it through a CP or EAD. But now I'm reading that it may be glitched and should count towards killstreaks. But I don't know if IW addressed this in the patch.

Also, it really pisses me off that they don't release detailed patch notes that tell you exactly what they changed/fixed. Instead everyone just quotes a fuckin twitter message from that Bowling guy.

[quote name='Puffa469']So I hear the patch is out (Im at work) and it fixed the main bugs in the game.

- Jav glitch
- Multiple care package glitch
- Afghan map exploit

But I also read that it didn't fix some things that needed fixing, like the care package speed glitch.

In addition, it appears that IW nerfed the Lightweight perk. It still makes you faster, but not as fast as it used to make you. I think they did this to weaken the run & knife, and run & akimbo 87 classes in one shot.

Also, I'm wondering about the Pavelow. At first I thought that it never counted toward killstreaks, even if you had it as a killstreak reward and didnt get it through a CP or EAD. But now I'm reading that it may be glitched and should count towards killstreaks. But I don't know if IW addressed this in the patch.

Also, it really pisses me off that they don't release detailed patch notes that tell you exactly what they changed/fixed. Instead everyone just quotes a fuckin twitter message from that Bowling guy.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read IW may have intended for you to move faster with the care package marker in hand. You're not holding a gun, which would allow you to move faster. I'm not positive though.

So I think I ran into a new glitch ... was playing ground war and got thrown into a map. Was domination on Skidrow, or at least it was suppose to be. It ended up being Free for all on rust, but it was a full ground war game! Was nuts at first it took me a minute to understand why I was dying so fast because there was 2 teams of 9, then I realized you could kill teamates and it wouldn't go against you but instead for you :D

At first I just thought the game fucked up. After the match though there was a group of other players saying how it was the last game they were doing it because some of them had to get off.

I really wish there was a hardcore version of free for all. Ive been playing Hardcore team death match and i like it a lot more than regular. Mainly because bullets do more damage and there is no replay giving your spot away. LOL.

One thing i hate is when someone shoots me, but i also shoot them, and i only die. There should be sometimes where both people die if they shoot at the same time.

God! It seems stuff like that happens to me a lot. I will round a corner and see someone and knife him only to have him shoot me and live, but after I re-spawn the avatar continues the knife animation. How crazy is that?

Leveled 50-55 last night. Had a blast.
Two days ago I watched a kid with ADHD and ADD play without his meds. It was like night and day seeing his play style compared to mine. I am the guy who spawns and likely doesnt move much from the spawn. I rack up more kills if I happen to spawn in a high traffic area and am lucky enough not to be noticed shortly after spawning in. This also leads to loads of games where I dont get many of either kills or deaths. This kid was getting insane kills and occasionally high deaths though usually he ended up on top of things. He was the highest scorer and kill master in 90% of the matches I watched.

SO... I watched him a few rounds and noted that I had never thought of it but my entire custom class system was setup for my rather slow way of playing it safe and well SLOW. So I created one class that would be more in line with his way of playing and started playing just like him. Not only was it more fun but my kill count has never been higher on a consistent basis. I an getting insane kill streaks -for me. I mean I was someone who could count on never using those special things you get for killing so many people in a row. I flipped the first time when I got the AC130 by getting 11 in a row. Thats something I occasionally get out of a box. lol

How does this kid play? I think I gave it away with the ADD - ADHD thing. He never sits still so he puts on marathon, lightweight, and since he LOVES stabbing people he uses commando. He uses submachine guns like the P90 with red dot since he can bring that up quick and fire and he uses the 12 gauge. Two days of playing like this and I have nearly patched up my very bad kill/death ratio and I am loving the game that much more. I am lvling loads quicker too. Its hard to go back to my slower way of playing even on maps that I used to think were geared to my former means of playing them. I use the same basic loads out and so far its been reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BREVITY']God! It seems stuff like that happens to me a lot. I will round a corner and see someone and knife him only to have him shoot me and live, but after I re-spawn the avatar continues the knife animation. How crazy is that?

Leveled 50-55 last night. Had a blast.
Two days ago I watched a kid with ADHD and ADD play without his meds. It was like night and day seeing his play style compared to mine. I am the guy who spawns and likely doesnt move much from the spawn. I rack up more kills if I happen to spawn in a high traffic area and am lucky enough not to be noticed shortly after spawning in. This also leads to loads of games where I dont get many of either kills or deaths. This kid was getting insane kills and occasionally high deaths though usually he ended up on top of things. He was the highest scorer and kill master in 90% of the matches I watched.

SO... I watched him a few rounds and noted that I had never thought of it but my entire custom class system was setup for my rather slow way of playing it safe and well SLOW. So I created one class that would be more in line with his way of playing and started playing just like him. Not only was it more fun but my kill count has never been higher on a consistent basis. I an getting insane kill streaks -for me. I mean I was someone who could count on never using those special things you get for killing so many people in a row. I flipped the first time when I got the AC130 by getting 11 in a row. Thats something I occasionally get out of a box. lol

How does this kid play? I think I gave it away with the ADD - ADHD thing. He never sits still so he puts on marathon, lightweight, and since he LOVES stabbing people he uses commando. He uses submachine guns like the P90 with red dot since he can bring that up quick and fire and he uses the 12 gauge. Two days of playing like this and I have nearly patched up my very bad kill/death ratio and I am loving the game that much more. I am lvling loads quicker too. Its hard to go back to my slower way of playing even on maps that I used to think were geared to my former means of playing them. I use the same basic loads out and so far its been reliable.[/QUOTE]

i play like you, killcam is the antichrist for me. I try that run thing occasionally and it never works, always get wacked.

Just got RPGs and with danger close and HQ it is funny as hell. Easy to rack up multikills. Been having great scores and I bet the other team is getting pissed. Just pick a map with narrow choke points and boom. If I hadn't finished scavenger I would throw that back on and use it to get reloads :)

One question about level 3 prestige and beyond. Do your Prestige challenges reset? IE The bottom ones on each gun and the last of the challenge pages. Or do they carry throughout all prestige levels?

Once i was following one of my team mates into a room and he got knifed, then i knifed the guy who killed my partner right after, only for him to then knife me back and kill me. I was like WTF, how did he survive my knife...it clearly hit him easily.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Once i was following one of my team mates into a room and he got knifed, then i knifed the guy who killed my partner right after, only for him to then knife me back and kill me. I was like WTF, how did he survive my knife...it clearly hit him easily.[/QUOTE]

I can say with 99% certainty that his connection is probably A LOT faster or he's HOST. When you're going up
against someone who can download, upload, & ping faster than you, his hits will register a lot quicker than yours.

I've got a SLOW AT&T DSL connection and when it comes to 1 on 1 fights, I'll lose just about every time. Watching
the killcam, he's registering a lot quicker than what I actually see. I've also played on my buddies FIOS and I can
OWN and register shots WAY faster than most others.

I feel kinda bad because I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I have just learned to adapt my playstyle
to my connection and not be as aggressive with a slower connection unless you want to get REALLY frustrated LOL.

[quote name='Ronzilla']I can say with 99% certainty that his connection is probably A LOT faster or he's HOST. When you're going up
against someone who can download, upload, & ping faster than you, his hits will register a lot quicker than yours.

I've got a SLOW AT&T DSL connection and when it comes to 1 on 1 fights, I'll lose just about every time. Watching
the killcam, he's registering a lot quicker than what I actually see. I've also played on my buddies FIOS and I can

I feel kinda bad because I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I have just learned to adapt my playstyle
to my connection and not be as aggressive with a slower connection unless you want to get REALLY frustrated LOL.[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats right on.
when i have a lot of stuff crowding my bandwidth i can see the huge difference. the killcam shows vastly different happenings. it sucks.

No real way to stop nuke boosting though, TI is a great idea and should be left in the game imo. You just have to notice it and go find the person doing it.

[quote name='BackInBlack']So glitching with the javelin is no good, but nuke boosting, still legit? Cool, was hoping they'd patch out TI.[/QUOTE]
You SHOULD NOT be allowed to party up and play FFA matches. What is the point of that?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You SHOULD NOT be allowed to party up and play FFA matches. What is the point of that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah true that, even though you can't party up, you can still join in, which might as well be the same thing. GJ IW.

[quote name='-BigC-']No real way to stop nuke boosting though, TI is a great idea and should be left in the game imo. You just have to notice it and go find the person doing it.[/QUOTE]

TI wouldn't stop nuke boosting? It'd be helluva alot harder in any game mode if the person helping you boost keeps spawning on the other side of the map.

[quote name='BackInBlack']TI wouldn't stop nuke boosting? It'd be helluva alot harder in any game mode if the person helping you boost keeps spawning on the other side of the map.[/QUOTE]

It would, but the TI shouldn't be cut because of the abuse. It's actually useful when used in the proper context.

Just started playing online 2 days ago.. already at level 19.. game sure is a lot of fun.
:D

I've been upgrading the first gun the whole time.. the M4A1? I should probably switch to something better though. Love the heartbeat sensor. :D

[quote name='Ronzilla']I can say with 99% certainty that his connection is probably A LOT faster or he's HOST. When you're going up

to my connection and not be as aggressive with a slower connection unless you want to get REALLY frustrated LOL.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got Yahoo/AT&T DSL, and my last speed test was 1.27 MB/s download, 0.19 MB/s upload with a 116ms Ping. :bomb:

I love hardcore team deathmatch. Only thing i hate is when you die, sometimes you end up dying 3, 4, or 5 times in a row right after you spawn cos they put you in crappy spots, and you start to run and get shot in 5 seconds.

checking up on this topic makes me want to play even more! I banned myself from playing any games since Thanksgiving until finals are over (one more week)

noob question, what is TI (assuming it's not that tactical insertion thing that warps you) and how does it help with boosting to get the nuke kill streak reward?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']checking up on this topic makes me want to play even more! I banned myself from playing any games since Thanksgiving until finals are over (one more week)

noob question, what is TI (assuming it's not that tactical insertion thing that warps you) and how does it help with boosting to get the nuke kill streak reward?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much 2 players go into the least active/most hidden area of a map, one person uses tactical insertion(TI). The player using tactical insertion keeps respawning by their boosting partner and keeps letting the booster kill him so his team(or himself in ffa) can get an easy nuke. This is if noone can find them, or isn't paying attention.

Caught a booster on 24, they both quit after I got him and sent me an angry message after. Was worth losing the game to do that lol.

[quote name='-BigC-']Caught a booster on 24, they both quit after I got him and sent me an angry message after. Was worth losing the game to do that lol.[/QUOTE]

You know you owned someone when they message you because you stopped THEM from boosting/cheating, like YOU were the asshole. Lmfao.

[quote name='BackInBlack']You know you owned someone when they message you because you stopped THEM from boosting/cheating, like YOU were the asshole. Lmfao.[/QUOTE]
Gotta love it. I also really enjoy when I get angry messages after playing playlists like HQ or Demolition from people only interested in their K/D ratio- they get angry that I ended the game because I actually focused on the objective when they wanted more kills.

[quote name='kklems']
One question about level 3 prestige and beyond. Do your Prestige challenges reset? IE The bottom ones on each gun and the last of the challenge pages. Or do they carry throughout all prestige levels?[/QUOTE]

Well answered my own question. Just prestiged and half of the prestige challenges reset. fuck needed 35 silenced kills for 1000 and thought it would be available after prestiging. Oh well.

^

so does the individual gun ones reset also? from what i heard silenced, knife and the easy ones in the prestige category reset.

[quote name='Tillawen']1887's and that private match glitch, are really pissing me off -_-.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's up with that anyway? My bud and I were trying to get into Domination and it kept putting us into a Private Match. Eventually it was Domination, but with 18 players (not Ground War). It seemed really screwy. I sure hope those games we played counted and weren't Private Matches.

bread's done
Back