CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='mr ryles']I don't see how this glitch can boost your xp or raise your K/D. unless you get on a streak and get the ac130then thats a guaranteed 20+ kills. But for everyone else it's basically get a kill then get killed, I've played 5 matches and never once even got a 4 kill streak. I miss my old modern warfare 2. :cry:[/QUOTE] I've been stuck in plenty of glitch matches and now it seems whatever match mode I choose I'm in a glitched room in Rust... the trick is to make sure you rush that tower and lock it down.. the team that usually has the tower on lock down is the team getting the AC130's and Nukes, or the other solution is to just back out and hope you find a non-glitched match but last night I didn't find one.

[quote name='thamaster24']I know it's been said again and again...

but those 1887s either have to go or get powered down.

The people that use them don't even have high K/D's I guess they just enjoy fucking everyone elses.[/QUOTE]

fourzerotwo tweeted yesterday that they are in currently working on fixing the 1887's as well as all the XP/Infinite ammo glitches.

yet, no "tweet" stating they are going to fix the problem with people just running around the map and knifing the whole game. this shit has got to stop. everyone complains about the 1887's, but it goes both ways you can use them too and it's not like alot of people use their secondary alot. I personally like them and it's a great way to combat those running around knifing, people with shields and campers.

[quote name='mr ryles']I don't see how this glitch can boost your xp or raise your K/D. unless you get on a streak and get the ac130then thats a guaranteed 20+ kills. But for everyone else it's basically get a kill then get killed, I've played 5 matches and never once even got a 4 kill streak. I miss my old modern warfare 2. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You don't see how unlimited ammo can help you own people?

1- Put a Noob Toob 'nade launcer on an assualt rifle.

2- Get to high ground

3- Profit

[quote name='intoxicated662']yet, no "tweet" stating they are going to fix the problem with people just running around the map and knifing the whole game. this shit has got to stop. everyone complains about the 1887's, but it goes both ways you can use them too and it's not like alot of people use their secondary alot. I personally like them and it's a great way to combat those running around knifing, people with shields and campers.[/QUOTE]

Is that really a problem? You have a gun and your complaining about people using a knife?

I have an issue with people who think the game needs to only be played a certain way, usually their way.

I have no problem with any of the following:

- Campers
- Run n Gunners
- Snipers
- Knifers
- Akimbo 87'ers
- Turtles (Riot Shielders)

As long as someone isnt exploiting a glitch or bug, or griefing, I have no problem with how anyone plays the game. There are tactics to defeat any type of play style. I agree the 1887's are a bit overpowered, but they don't break the game for me.

They already slowed down lightweight, which reduces the effectiveness of any 'run around like crazy' classes.

FYI, if you're about to get thrown into a Rust map, push the xbox logo in the middle of the controller and then Y for the dashboard. If you do it before it actually loads into the class selection screen you don't get a penalty. You have to load all the way back into the game but it's better than taking an L for no reason.

[quote name='Puffa469']Is that really a problem? You have a gun and your complaining about people using a knife?

I have an issue with people who think the game needs to only be played a certain way, usually their way.

I have no problem with any of the following:

- Campers
- Run n Gunners
- Snipers
- Knifers
- Akimbo 87'ers
- Turtles (Riot Shielders)

As long as someone isnt exploiting a glitch or bug, or griefing, I have no problem with how anyone plays the game. There are tactics to defeat any type of play style. I agree the 1887's are a bit overpowered, but they don't break the game for me.

They already slowed down lightweight, which reduces the effectiveness of any 'run around like crazy' classes.[/QUOTE]

The 1887's range is a huge problem. Anyone level 67 or above abuses the shit out of them. I'm not going to quit playing because of them, but they're really annoying. The other things you listed I don't have a problem with.

If 1887s don't break the game for you then you haven't played a team made up of people using them. I think Lightweight/marathon combo in general is OP on a lot of maps. Knifing should not be as powerful as someone actually using a weapon, unless maybe they are on Wasteland and are really sneaky and the team isn't talking. But it's insane to see someone 10 feet away put a round or two in them just to get knifed. I don't need the game to be played the way I play myself, but there are obvious flaws in the game that are abused by people.

[quote name='-BigC-']If 1887s don't break the game for you then you haven't played a team made up of people using them. I think Lightweight/marathon combo in general is OP on a lot of maps. Knifing should not be as powerful as someone actually using a weapon, unless maybe they are on Wasteland and are really sneaky and the team isn't talking. But it's insane to see someone 10 feet away put a round or two in them just to get knifed. I don't need the game to be played the way I play myself, but there are obvious flaws in the game that are abused by people.[/QUOTE]

I've encountered lots of Akimbo 1887 users, but never an entire team of them, maybe 2 or 3 guys on a team using it tops. It's only an issue for me on smaller, tighter maps, and I have developed ways to counteract them. I go real wide around corners once I see the enemy team using them, so I never round a corner and find myself face to face with them.

I do agree that the knife shouldn't go thru a stream of bullets to kill someone. If your shooting someone up close, those bullets should stop their advance. I have experienced players with commando flying 10 feet forward through AR fire to stab me to death.

I agree there are some things in the game that need tweaking, I just don't think any of them are currently game breaking (not counting playlist glitches and inf ammo). Maybe I'm lucky and haven't encountered the worst of it. It could also be that I love my knife and probably get 1/3 of my kills from it. =D

I haven't started up MW2 Online yet as I've been trying to finish Dragon Age, but I have to say that the last few pages of this thread make me not want to. Sounds like Gears 2 all over again.

IW PATCH UPDATE (for those who didn't know):

Update in Test now: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix.
Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix.

[quote name='Trakan']The 1887's range is a huge problem. Anyone level 67 or above abuses the shit out of them. I'm not going to quit playing because of them, but they're really annoying. The other things you listed I don't have a problem with.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I've had no problem with Akimbo 1887's until I got shot at a pretty far range (far for a shotgun) and was killed in one(x2) shot. They just need to reduce that insane range. Or make it so you cannot dual wield them.

It's not even Akimbo, just the 1887's. Today a guy came around the corner and did the "Halo jump" that everyone is doing now, and blasted me and a teammate with one 1887. Plus, I'm tired of watching my Stinger missles fly away and go THROUGH the aircraft. And Chopper Gunner....it's ridiculous.

I love this game, but I'm seriously considering putting an end to Live until they come out with a patch to fix these problems.

[quote name='chibamm']It's not even Akimbo, just the 1887's. Today a guy came around the corner and did the "Halo jump" that everyone is doing now, and blasted me and a teammate with one 1887. Plus, I'm tired of watching my Stinger missles fly away and go THROUGH the aircraft. And Chopper Gunner....it's ridiculous.

I love this game, but I'm seriously considering putting an end to Live until they come out with a patch to fix these problems.[/QUOTE]

Halo jump? Care to elaborate?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Halo jump? Care to elaborate?[/QUOTE]

Basically anyone who jumps while shooting/being shot "Halo jumps", if you have ever heard of Ghandi Hoping in Halo 2/3 its basically the same type of thing. Jumping into a dropshot might also be a "Halo jump". I hear about it all the time since I do it.

People whine more in CoD games than Halo games now.

On another note, I think the infinite ammo glitch is fun. Obviously not for ranked matches but if they made it an option for private matches or an unranked playlist it would be fun for awhile. It brought me back to the fun of mods in Halo 2, those days where the most fun I had ever had on a console. Flying around maps on turrets/warthogs/etc., plasma pistols shooting out rockets, superjumping, reskinned maps, etc. etc. etc. It was amazing fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care about the "Jump", it's actually funny to look at it. What makes me made is the ability to drop in with one 1887 and kill two players from a good distance away.

And, I don't really bitch about the game. There are some people who will complain about campers and then complain about people running around the whole game. Which one is it? I think both are part of the game and that is what makes it fun. I just feel that the game isn't very balanced right now.

I agree glitch matches are extremely fun...but they shouldnt count.

Basically everyone complains over the 1887 and the knife class because of 1 reason. The built in lag that makes bullets seemingly dissipate into thin air.

Anyone can kill a knife user when he is running across open field...thats not that problem. The problem is when you both walk around corner/enter a hallway/ spawn next to each other, shoot 10 rounds and you will find more often than not.

4 bullets wont even register, 3 bullets might miss, 3 bullets actually hit.

On the other hand the knife user only needs 5 ft of space before teleporting in for a kill. Keeping in mind that during this teleporting its very rare to kill someone (sometimes you get so close that you actually finish the animation after you respawn but it rare)

It kinda reminds me of Last Stand in COD4. How it had that built in shield when the animation kicked in. You are giving one party the luxury of a invulnerability while still being able to attack.

Now if you dont understand why the 1887s are bullshit....there is no helping you at all. The shotguns are the one gun that seems to not suffer from the lag delay, with a 20ft range on top of that and the ability to fire 4 one hit kill shots (L,R,L,R instead of LT + RT) before you would never get the time to fire the 7 bullet it takes to register 4 hits for a kill.

A thing that pisses me off, is that you can't always knife. Like when your switching guns or after you climb up a ledge, there's a 2 second delay where you can't do shit. I think you should be able to knife no matter what.

[quote name='LordKefka06']They should also make it where you can't run if you're wielding an akimboed gun.

Another thing that pisses me off, is that you can't always knife. Like when your switching guns or after you climb up a ledge, there's a 1-1.5 second delay where you can't do shit. I think you should be able to knife no matter what.[/QUOTE]

That would be ridiculous. There is a cd/delay for those things for a reason.

[quote name='slickkill77']Never thought I would be done with this game so fast, but after a week off of it I'm done. Battlefield Bad Company 2 can't come soon enough[/QUOTE]

Heard nothing but horrible horrible things about BC2 from the ps3 beta.

[quote name='-BigC-']Heard nothing but horrible horrible things about BC2 from the ps3 beta.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the PS3 beta and can say without a doubt it's awesome and imo will be a better overall MP experience than MW2. The BC2 beta has been lag free for me so far and i haven't noticed any glitches yet. Both things I can't say about MW2 at the moment.

Every game will have glitches, the gameplay is what will draw you into the game. IW has patched all of the glitches within what 1 week? 2 weeks? That is freaking amaaaaazing, look how long it takes Epic to admit there is even a glitch lol.

I don't get the BS of people saying they ranked from 58-67 in a few hours. I was 39 today and it took me like 10-15 matches to get 1 rank. Are these people that claim these things just playing on hacked servers ect? I also don't get how there are so many people that are like 3rd time prestige. It takes a REALLY long time to level - and I often win.

Go look up shield boosting DarkNessBear. Honestly if someone did that all week they would probably be 6th+ prestige in a week, maybe more?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't get the BS of people saying they ranked from 58-67 in a few hours. I was 39 today and it took me like 10-15 matches to get 1 rank. Are these people that claim these things just playing on hacked servers ect? I also don't get how there are so many people that are like 3rd time prestige. It takes a REALLY long time to level - and I often win.[/QUOTE]

Are you constantly changing up your weapons and their accessories to complete challanges? If you just stick to one gun and the same perks all the time, you level up much slower.

Also keep changing up the gametype you play as there are challanges for winning x amount of games in each type.

Killstreak rewards offer challanges that yield good Xp as well.

[quote name='Puffa469']Are you constantly changing up your weapons and their accessories to complete challanges? If you just stick to one gun and the same perks all the time, you level up much slower.

Also keep changing up the gametype you play as there are challanges for winning x amount of games in each type.

Killstreak rewards offer challanges that yield good Xp as well.[/QUOTE]
I am the same as Darkness. Its taken me a lot longer. I really wanted to get all of the achievements related to each of the starting guns. So I stuck with the M1A1 until I got all but the expert lvl 8 I think of the headshots which took forever but offered like 10k for some of the higher end stuff.

Anyway I think you are right Puffa if I would switch my stuff and game types more I bet I would move up quicker and maybe find other things I liked as much as what I roll with now. Good idea!

Does anyone know a way to get into an infinite ammo game? I just want to try it out, seems fun, but everything I play is either regular or the private game glitch.

Also I have seen people doing the shield glitch, makes much more sense now, I just thought the guy with the gun was dumb and didn't know how to kill a riot shield guy so I ran up and stuck him.

kinda not related to the current subject of the game but i'm looking for more people to play with so anyone here wanna play some rank matches together and what not send me a private message, right now i'm currently only ranked 51 and my overall accuracy is 78.5

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't get the BS of people saying they ranked from 58-67 in a few hours. I was 39 today and it took me like 10-15 matches to get 1 rank. Are these people that claim these things just playing on hacked servers ect? I also don't get how there are so many people that are like 3rd time prestige. It takes a REALLY long time to level - and I often win.[/QUOTE]

Riot Shield boosting can get you to 10th in a few days. Prestige hacks have also been found, its easier to do on PS3 though.

I have a friend on 4th prestige about to enter 5th, he has 6+ days played. If you are decent at the game and you play ALOT you should atleast be on 2nd or 3rd by now. If this was CoD4 or WaW there would probably be alot of people on about 4-5 prestige by now, it just takes longer to get to 70 on this game.

4th entering 5th on 6 days is really good. I average a lot of points and do a lot of gun challenges and i am a 3rd going to be 4th on more time played. Your friend boost at all?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, BUT.
Did the patch change number of people allowed in multiplayer matches?
I always play "domination".
First thing I noticed after the patch is that I would occasionally be put into a private match with the "Rust" map, but it would never start up.
Next thing I noticed was that I was playing a match that NEVER ended. People in the match had over 150 kills, but the scoring meaters never changed. Strange.
Third thing I noticed is that now instead of playing 8 against 8 matches, I am now always in 10 against 10.

[quote name='-BigC-']4th entering 5th on 6 days is really good. I average a lot of points and do a lot of gun challenges and i am a 3rd going to be 4th on more time played. Your friend boost at all?[/QUOTE]

No, he probably could have been faster but we haven't been playing a lot of SnD in this one for some reason, which I think SnD is still the way to go for leveling up quickly legit.

In my experience, I would say HQ is the fastest to lvl, but S&D follows it closely.

Also, Just got a 16 killstreak in a S&D match. My total score was 16-1, and that 1 death was from a pussy camper who couldn't do shit if he actually moved a step during a match.

I can't stand HQ anymore, people rarely ever play it straight up. 99% of the games I enter are people going for kills. Have been nuked when up by over 100 points, the kill streaks ruined HQ for me even though I shoot everything down asap it still takes to long to shoot down an ac130.

Hahaha... this game is so fucking broken. How the hell did IW mess up so badly? Everyone has basically ruined the game. It was like that one day in Diablo 2 where "duping" became simple and everyone was doing it which eventually led to the downfall of Diablo 2 (until the patch). MW2 is like Open Bnet... I really regret selling COD4.

[quote name='LordKefka06']In my experience, I would say HQ is the fastest to lvl, but S&D follows it closely.

Also, Just got a 16 killstreak in a S&D match. My total score was 16-1, and that 1 death was from a pussy camper who couldn't do shit if he actually moved a step during a match.[/QUOTE]lol,he was hiding behind a plant.

[quote name='Bavgate']Looks like there's a new hack in which you get 3 million EXP for one kill. Fannnnnnnnnntastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP9tFxLrq94

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

:shock: That is something else. I would probably not do that though, even if they had it on PS3....probably. It would be tempting to say the least, but that is a seriously weak cheat.

People thought hacking to 10th prestige was bad, but this worse. Quicker, easier, and I imagine less easy to patch.

Thank you PS3!:bouncy::lol:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']

People thought hacking to 10th prestige was bad, but this worse. Quicker, easier, and I imagine less easy to patch.[/QUOTE]

From the looks of it you need to be in a glitched private match, so once that glitch gets fixed technically this one would aswell due to not being able to get XP from a private match anymore.

[quote name='Bavgate']Looks like there's a new hack in which you get 3 million EXP for one kill. Fannnnnnnnnntastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP9tFxLrq94

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
I am sure this is easily tracked and easily banned. Plus why would someone want to get to 10th/lvl70 and not earn it? You will just play people that are 10000000000x better than you.

EDIT: especially the people in the video that have 25 wins and 216 loses and a .83 k/d.

You don't play vs people based on your prestige level, this game has just connection based matchmaking if anything at all.

[quote name='-BigC-']You don't play vs people based on your prestige level, this game has just connection based matchmaking if anything at all.[/QUOTE]This.

-----

Level Check!

Lvl 48, prestige 4. However, I have my brother playing on my account with me.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Kefka, why are you always on the MW2360 thread when you have the PS3 one? I never quite got that.[/QUOTE]Not that much discussion on the PS3 thread. And there's not really any difference between the 2 versions.

other than that this is for people who have the 360 version to discuss. ps3 users had the javelin glitch patched earlier than 360 users, lucky you. but you have nothing to discuss? hmm okay..hope they patch this quick and everything else or else it'll end up like gears of war 2 where alot of people quit playing it for awhile until after 5 updates..lol. it took 5 updates and triple xp to get people to play it again and it's still not completely fixed too.

bread's done
Back