CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

Glad to see they are also fixing the super speed while holding a care package. Ive seen a few people just running around with a care package knifing people.

Well I have fallen for the FAL. Its two shots with stopping power and I'm getting a couple of headshots per match. Now the FMJ's, thats a different story - they took forever on the M4 and the Scar too.

Still looking for a gun like the M14 though - I really loved that thing with the RDS on it, even though it kicked like a drunken mule.

As annoying as the care package glitch has been, it's done wonders for my cold blooded pro challenge. Got 20 killstreak kills in about 8 matches - should finish that up tommorrow. It's really gratifying to keep shooting down the insance amount of choppers and harriers that get called. The AC130 manages to always be a stubborn pain though..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my first flawless game the other day. 15-0-1 on Quarry of all maps. After my Harrier started owning and I got my Emergency Airdrop at 8 kills, I just took everything I got (nobody was around) and used it all and sat in a corner where nobody could see me. Was really intense because I don't roll with Cold-Blooded and was worried somebody would Batman jump on me.

I've come close a bunch of times, but never a true "flawless" game.

P.S. Been using the Barrett a lot with Thermal, but I think I may try the Intervention w/o Stopping Power. Any word if that bolter actually one-shots without SP? Last note, M21 + Silencer + Hardcore = TOTAL PWNAGE Haven't tried it in Core yet, but I'm tempted.

[quote name='Trakan']Pulling the patch is stupid. Release that one and work on a fix for the next care package glitch.[/QUOTE]

Like they probably will with the PS3. I think they figure just fix it now so they don't have to go straight back to work for the Xbox. They were waiting anyway because of slow Microsoft.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Riots shields should also be able to 1 smash from the back. Hence the challenge "Backbreaker".[/QUOTE]

I tried for the longest time to get that challenge in regular, but couldn't do it. After getting in the first hit, the target would always turn around before the second hit. I finally got in a Hardcore Team Deathmatch, where a riot shield kills in one hit.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Riots shields should also be able to 1 smash from the back. Hence the challenge "Backbreaker".[/QUOTE]

Ha! You 'Turtles' are crazy enough without having a one hit kill sheild.

I have to carry around a semtex with most of my classes just in case I run into one of you. =P

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']P.S. Been using the Barrett a lot with Thermal, but I think I may try the Intervention w/o Stopping Power. Any word if that bolter actually one-shots without SP? Last note, M21 + Silencer + Hardcore = TOTAL PWNAGE Haven't tried it in Core yet, but I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]

All the sniper rifles are capable of 1 hit kills in regular (not hardcore) without stopping power if the shot is placed properly (head or dead-center chest). Given all the Thermal usage lately I've switch my sniper classes to cold-blooded.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']No, this guy is referring to everyone taking the game "too seriously because of an addiction". He has no room to speak in here whatsoever when he is part of the reason people take things so seriously. He shouldn't have called out the "people of this thread" if he didn't want backlash.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I think it was clear that he was talking to the post above his about the dual wielding not being realistic.

But in any case, people do take it too seriously which is why I only play casually online as I don't give two shits about kill death ratio, wins/losses etc. as I just play games to have fun.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Demolition hands down. You can also get a hefty kill count while doing te objectives.[/QUOTE]

Add in XP from Challenges and it's a gold mine.

I can't seem to find an answer, but does C4 have a placement limit like Claymores? I know you can only have two Claymores out at one time, but what about Claymores?

[quote name='woodcan']All the sniper rifles are capable of 1 hit kills in regular (not hardcore) without stopping power if the shot is placed properly (head or dead-center chest). Given all the Thermal usage lately I've switch my sniper classes to cold-blooded.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I found this out after I posted. Chest and above are one-shots without stopping power, but I can't say for sure where most of my shots hit. It looks like the chest, but in the game's coding the "chest" area is really quite small. Most of the time what looks to be chest is really your mid-section.

Also, I don't use Thermal all the time. Only sometimes on some maps. I don't want to become reliant on it.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Claymores & C4 are limited to 2 through scavenger. However, I'm pretty sure you can have infinite C4 with OMA.[/QUOTE]

You just gave me a great idea.. thanks. :]

[quote name='LordKefka06']Claymores & C4 are limited to 2 through scavenger. However, I'm pretty sure you can have infinite C4 with OMA.[/QUOTE]

I actually just found out the answer (to the C4). You can only have two out at one time. Once you place a third, the first one you placed explodes.

Last Stand Pro is my new favorite thing.

Semtex'd a dood ON HIS FACE after being shot, and watched him run around madly before blowing up.

Best idea ever.

[quote name='Strell']Last Stand Pro is my new favorite thing.

Semtex'd a dood ON HIS FACE after being shot, and watched him run around madly before blowing up.

Best idea ever.[/QUOTE]
I wish there was video of that.

[quote name='popular penguin']
On a side note, what gun do you think is the most overlooked?[/QUOTE]

Looking for more answers.

[quote name='Yamato']Looking for more answers.[/QUOTE]

I personally think that the noob tube attachment, combat knife, akimbo 1887's and akimbo rangers are the most overlooked weapons in general. I wish more people would give them a chance.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I personally think that the noob tube attachment, combat knife, akimbo 1887's and akimbo rangers are the most overlooked weapons in general. I wish more people would give them a chance.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that was a good one! As for overlooked weapons, I personally think the MP5K and the FAL (outside of hardcore) are the only 2 overlooked weapons. Anything else I either regularly see or the weapon just sucks in general.

[quote name='-BigC-']Any of the LMGs. RPD is still one of the best guns in the game, yet nobody uses it.[/QUOTE]

I started off completely hooked on the RPD. I've started using it again and piss myself off when I accidentally hit re-load too quickly as it takes a long time.

Hope the patch comes out soon. Almost every domination game i play has someone glitching. The 2nd round is always hell because everyone calls in 900 things. But i got sweet revenge last game. Saw some guy doing it in their spawn, knifed him a few times and stole his chopper gunner, then shot him more with the chopper gunner as he was trying to glitch packages again. oh and i helped my team win with the same chopper gunner. But its annoying when im trying to play the game, planting bombs while others are sitting in the back just glitching packages.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Hope the patch comes out soon. Almost every domination game i play has someone glitching. The 2nd round is always hell because everyone calls in 900 things. But i got sweet revenge last game. Saw some guy doing it in their spawn, knifed him a few times and stole his chopper gunner, then shot him more with the chopper gunner as he was trying to glitch packages again. oh and i helped my team win with the same chopper gunner. But its annoying when im trying to play the game, planting bombs while others are sitting in the back just glitching packages.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean Demolition, not Domination.:booty: LOL

Anyway, I do the same thing on CTF. I save all my killstreaks, and then bomb you all when you're all clustered up at the beginning of the match. LOL

Flame away as well guys, but I use the CPG. THING IS (keep reading), I don't use it unless there is some shady business going on. It only improves my K/D (no nuke with care packages, which I'm working for), and I feel dirty when I use it and everyone else is playing fair.

I got called a glitcher last night for calling in a Sentry Gun and a Care package at the same time. But I earned them legit with my 4th and 5th kill. There were others on my team who were glitching however. I don't know how to do it and don't feel like looking it up.

Of course I don't mind the glitchers as much when their on my team. =P

Last night I was in a bunch of games where people on both teams where glitching, which actually led to a balanced game. I just switched to my AA class and started shooting shit down. I must have had 2500 points just from blowing up harriers, helos, and UAVs.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I started off completely hooked on the RPD. I've started using it again and piss myself off when I accidentally hit re-load too quickly as it takes a long time.[/QUOTE]

Just hit the right thumbstick button...the knifing action will cancel out the reload....

Hey dudes, something has been bugging me for a while. You know that the "infected" and "std" titles are spread by knifing or being knifed by someone using these titles? Well, where do these titles originate? I always thought that only the developers started with the titles and they infected others. Any thoughts?

[quote name='popular penguin']Hey dudes, something has been bugging me for a while. You know that the "infected" and "std" titles are spread by knifing or being knifed by someone using these titles? Well, where do these titles originate? I always thought that only the developers started with the titles and they infected others. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Having become infected the other night and not knowing what it meant, I had to look it up. Finding this information led me to the exact same questions. I imagine a dev had to do it.

/notices weird parallels in this toward religious debate

[quote name='Trakan']http://forums.xbox.com/31119833/ShowPost.aspx

Bunch of sound clips/gun types that someone found in some hidden files. Kinda interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_5IztYWnFo

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2742/4328775323_20fbe73d45_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/4329510796_8a52b7edcf_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2795/4328775639_2bc0395d22_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/4329511242_220802e4c0_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2719/4329511404_2bd2872d4e_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4328776261_373ee2d313_b.jpg[/QUOTE]

I think everyone knows DLC with weapons, maps and maybe a new gamemode or two are a given, but its nice to possibly have a little peak. G3, AK47-U, M240 don't sound too bad. Fan favorites (not this fan though).

People harp on Infinity Ward for this and that, but overall the company is working hard to please us. Putting patches out all the time to fix the latest things, I'm sure working on DLC right now and trying to fix everything they can. They even toned down Lightweight from X10 to X7 speed increase a patch or two ago (secretly).

Surprised that video didn't have any game mode announcements for V.I.P. or Arena.

Also:
I also found the weapons folder and found the G3, G36, R700, M40, M240, SA80, AW50, a power drill, MP5, MP9, and the MP44. I can provide pictures for these as well if requested.
:?:

does anyway have to list of what the prestige medals are in real life?
i know they were real medals in 4, but i havent seen a list for MW2.
tenth prestige dosent look real though

[quote name='LordKefka06']Surprised that video didn't have any game mode announcements for V.I.P. or Arena.

Also:
:?:[/QUOTE]

One of us should get a hold of this guy and tell him to show the pics. A power drill as a possible melee weapon sounds good at first, but think about it...a power drill. In reality, it doesn't even sound possible that IW would do such a thing.

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']does anyway have to list of what the prestige medals are in real life?
i know they were real medals in 4, but i havent seen a list for MW2.
tenth prestige dosent look real though[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I don't think real soldiers run around with a big skull as a medal on their chest. The first few may be real, maybe even up to nine, but certainly not ten.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Quick question, do the Veteran (500, 1000, 2500 kills) and Master (250, 500, 1000 headshots) challenges for guns reset after prestige?[/QUOTE]

No they dont. Im on 2nd prestige and they continue to go on.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Indeed, I don't think real soldiers run around with a big skull as a medal on their chest. The first few may be real, maybe even up to nine, but certainly not ten.[/QUOTE]

Yea it sounds pretty hokey. Next he's going to tell us that they added the ability to permanently sprint at like 20 MPH while wielding dual shotguns or something else ridiculous.

:roll:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']People harp on Infinity Ward for this and that, but overall the company is working hard to please us.[/QUOTE]

BULLSHIT!

There STILL isn't a care package fix (at least not for the 360) and how long has this game been out?? 4 months? How complicated is it to normalize the speed? EVERY SINGLE GAME i go into has somebody using Marathon/ Lightweight/ Commando. I play to play with strategy using guns. Not to run around like an idiot clicking 1 button to kill somebody in a instant. The sad thing is, even after they fix the care package shit, people will still use that perk combo to run around like crazy. its stupid.

Such an amazing single player game, but when it comes to multiplayer, its the most flawed game I've ever played. I could bitch all day about everything thats wrong with it, but ill leave it at this. and b4 you say "then dont play it", i wont anymore, im just dissappointed cuz it has so much potential to be a much better game.

/end rant

I love the infinite care package glitch!!! It's amazing!! They so leave that in there. Playing Headquarters Pro is so much easier when the other team is trying to glitch the whole game. I can't even remember how many game my team won the game 200-0 last night. If you still go negative while using the CP glitch you know you suck.

bread's done
Back