CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='naiku']Danger Close makes all explosions do more damage, claymores, frag/semtex are increased by 1.4x damage. Its stopping power for things that go boom.[/QUOTE]

Claymores having increased damage can be a double edged sword sometimes. If you sit too close to the side of the claymore, when it blows sometimes it kills the planter. Happens more often in Hardcore though, which I rarely play.

Big team death match? Is that new?

Ive been playing Demolition and been running into this glitch a few times. After you plant the bomb, sometimes i run off to go protect it but i open another laptop and run with it for a few seconds. Its pretty annoying because i cant shoot during that time. Has this happened to anyone?

Last night i had a good laugh when this kid of the opposing team said "You like that AC130 and Chopper gunner?", then someone on our team said "You like kindergarden little boy?". Everyone started laughing it was hilarious.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Big team death match? Is that new?

Ive been playing Demolition and been running into this glitch a few times. After you plant the bomb, sometimes i run off to go protect it but i open another laptop and run with it for a few seconds. Its pretty annoying because i cant shoot during that time. Has this happened to anyone?

Last night i had a good laugh when this kid of the opposing team said "You like that AC130 and Chopper gunner?", then someone on our team said "You like kindergarden little boy?". Everyone started laughing it was hilarious.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand your avatar.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Big team death match? Is that new?

Last night i had a good laugh when this kid of the opposing team said "You like that AC130 and Chopper gunner?", then someone on our team said "You like kindergarden little boy?". Everyone started laughing it was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

What is big team deathmatch, I don't understand?

Also, your problem is common among S&D, Demolition and any bomb game players. It also happens I hear when you place a claymore right after you do something with the bomb.

Got my 2nd nuke ever. Wow, everytime i come close my heart starts pumping, hands shake, and i get scared to come out of hiding. LOL. This time it was the same map as last time (rundown), but i was playing demolition. Pretty much noobtube>Harrier Strike>Chopper Gunner>Nuke. I think im gunna change Chopper gunner to AC130 because i really suck with shooting on rails. I also almost had nukes in the last two games i played on Underpass. When you sit back and let your team mates defend/plant bombs...and the enemies are trying to plant/defuse bombs, just chucking noob tubes will rack up kills. Love one man army. :)

To get the nuke icon do you have to get 10 nukes in 1 prestige, or does that carry over when you prestige? Not that i would use it, because i think it looks like some 5 year old drew it. Plus nothing beats Super Mario CODMW2 icon!

By the way i learned today that harries take out chopper gunners. I didnt know that till i called one in and someone told me it was dumb. LOL. But i called it in on accident really. I was going to save it till next round. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']Got my 2nd nuke ever. Wow, everytime i come close my heart starts pumping, hands shake, and i get scared to come out of hiding. LOL. This time it was the same map as last time (rundown), but i was playing demolition. Pretty much noobtube>Harrier Strike>Chopper Gunner>Nuke. I think im gunna change Chopper gunner to AC130 because i really suck with shooting on rails. I also almost had nukes in the last two games i played on Underpass. When you sit back and let your team mates defend/plant bombs...and the enemies are trying to plant/defuse bombs, just chucking noob tubes will rack up kills. Love one man army. :)

To get the nuke icon do you have to get 10 nukes in 1 prestige, or does that carry over when you prestige? Not that i would use it, because i think it looks like some 5 year old drew it. Plus nothing beats Super Mario CODMW2 icon!

By the way i learned today that harries take out chopper gunners. I didnt know that till i called one in and someone told me it was dumb. LOL. But i called it in on accident really. I was going to save it till next round. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Harriers take down any helicopter as far as I am aware (normal attack helicopter, pavelow, chopper gunner). The nuke emblem is for 10 nukes on 1 prestige, the 2 titles are at 2 and 5 on the same prestige as well. Haven't played demolition much since OT seems very one-sided for defenders usually since you really only have to defend one plant location and any decent team (not even good) can do this. That is why I prefer sabotage and domination, it is easy to force people out of their spawn in sabotage in order to plant the bomb if they want to camp and it is usually pretty easy to get a lot of kills (easily average 30 on it if I don't want to quick plant).

^
yep thats correct. i love when i call my harrier strike in and you hear 'enemy pavelow spotted' I dont believe the harrier shoots down people while firing rockets at the helicopters, which is pretty useful when people are not carepackage glitching.

Recently I noticed due to the carepackage glitchers there are a lot of people running around w/ stingers/javelins taking out airsupport right away. Hopefully that carries over after the patch.

[quote name='naiku']Recently I noticed due to the carepackage glitchers there are a lot of people running around w/ stingers/javelins taking out airsupport right away. Hopefully that carries over after the patch.[/QUOTE]

I don't :cry: I have depended on idiots on the other team to die by my Chopper Gunner to call in all the nukes I have under my belt ;)

Granted, I was able to finally finish off my Cold-blooded Pro this Prestige because of the mass of infinite care package glitchers :D

[quote name='naiku']
Recently I noticed due to the carepackage glitchers there are a lot of people running around w/ stingers/javelins taking out airsupport right away. Hopefully that carries over after the patch.[/QUOTE]

Lately I just use my AA class as my primary. I clean up on points by shooting down care package rewards all day.

[quote name='DV8']Patch is up for those who were waiting for the glitches to be fixed.[/QUOTE]

Finally. :applause: Might actually get back on tonight. I figure we've got a solid week or two before the next big glitch becomes over-exploited. ;)

They definitely nerfed care package running as well as the infinite calling. Well, the only way I knew how to do it anyway (which I only did offline). Now you only run as fast as you would if your weapon were still in your hand. It makes sense this way since you'd still be carrying the weight, even if it's on your back.

out of map Karachi still works, for those who use it to boost marathon/lightweight.

Good to see the carepackage glitch fixed. It was starting to get rediculous with the amount of airsupport in a single game. XD

I know the patch notes said something about terrain clipping with Sentry Guns. I know you could BEFORE put them in the pillar on Underpass and through the wall on quarry....gonna have to see if that is fixed.

Interesting that the patch is out. I hear it is fixed for the most part, but there are some rumblings that it is still around. Though said posts could just be from kids looking to start trouble.

BTW, got Nuke The Second last night. 57-12 on Scrapyard. I didn't even get my Harrier until about 150 points into the Domination game. Barely got to call my Nuke in at 185 points before the game ended.

I also was ONE KILL away from a Nuke on my first game of the night last night. Went 24-0 on Wasteland, then some runner comes up and stabs me. I went crazy...still finished like 35-8 or so, but still....almost had two Nukes in one night.

Total Nuke Count: 2!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Pavelows dont count towards a killstreak? Ive played 2 games now where it hasnt.[/QUOTE]

It's been this way since launch. But I'm not sure if it's intentional on the part of the developers or not.

I'm sure you know that any killstreak reward that comes from a care package or emergency airdrop does not count either.

If your thinking Nuke, many people feel the best setup is Harrier, Chopper Gunner or AC130, and Nuke.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Pavelows dont count towards a killstreak? Ive played 2 games now where it hasnt.[/QUOTE]

Yep, widely known that Sentry Gun and Pavelow kills don't count towards your kill-streaks (I'm not referring to those received from the random care package). I heard somewhere that they plan to fix this with the first DLC release.

I am really starting to hate the care package glitch, it was a lot nicer when maybe one or two people at most would use it. But now? Pfft, domination is 6v6 CP glitching, and it's made me go back to CoD4. Hell, I'm even thinking of getting WaW back because I enjoyed it more than trying to run out of my spawn just to be killed by about 5 helis flying around the map.

^

it was patched today. no more cp glitch.

start playing specops again this past week. Its fun but some maps are hell to get through. Think im at 58-59 stars. Still a few more easy ones before I grind out the 69 needed.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Those damn Juggernauts are a pain :bomb:[/QUOTE]Only pussies use it. Which is >3/4ths of MW2's community. :roll:

[quote name='BREVITY']Just logged into 360 and MW2 and it asked me to update. Is this it? I hope it atleast takes care of the infinite care packages.[/QUOTE]

I hope so! :pray: \\:D/

Did they ruin claymores even more? Seriously all day today ive seen guys walk right through my claymores. They dont have scrambler on either, or anything that would stop them from making it go off.

I also seen a guy knifing with a care package, i guess he didnt get the memo. LOL

Im almost to my 4th prestige, should get it tonight. After i do that i think ill take a break from this game for a while. Got some other games, and a new PS3 that should get my love and attention. :)

Yeah I've seen people just glide over a claymore and take no damage at all. The guy had lightweight but he wasn't running.

I also got nuked yesterday, our team wasn't doing that bad except for 2 guys that were both 3 and 12, I finished 7 and 9 and one guy on our team was even positive. The guy that got the nuke got real lucky with chopper gunner though, was spawn killing our entire team. It was on wasteland, easiest map to get a nuke on TDM.

Claymore incidents have also happened to me. One dude came up a ladder(didnt stop) it blew up, i had danger close on and he was practically touching it. Just walked through the explosion and knifed me(with commando, so no scrambler).

[quote name='woodcan']Yep, widely known that Sentry Gun and Pavelow kills don't count towards your kill-streaks (I'm not referring to those received from the random care package).[/QUOTE]
pavelows have counted for everyone single one of my killstreaks, but the thing is that you have to be the first one in the game to get it for it to count, at least that's what i've seen (from my experience) and heard...

Unless you were not trying for nukes anymore, I think the Pavelow is a bad killstreak. Two kills higher then the Harrier, which can be difficult to get anyway, and a bit too close to the Chopper Gunner for my liking as well.

With no nuke it would be great though. Harrier, Pavelow, Chopper Gunner and you can expect a good 40-50 kills depending on the map.

[quote name='naiku']^

it was patched today. no more cp glitch.

start playing specops again this past week. Its fun but some maps are hell to get through. Think im at 58-59 stars. Still a few more easy ones before I grind out the 69 needed.[/QUOTE]

Same here, they are a blast. I just finished all the Echo last night..wetwork is such a pain!

I only have overwatch and big brother left, if you or anyone needs a partner, add me and I can help with others to finish that you might have. I can't get any of my friends to stop playing MP, they could care less about the campaign or spec ops.

[quote name='BREVITY']Is it just me or did they nerf Commando? I am not getting it to stab ppl near as much. I am missing a lot more since the patch.[/QUOTE]

One can only hope.

[quote name='BREVITY']Is it just me or did they nerf Commando? I am not getting it to stab ppl near as much. I am missing a lot more since the patch.[/QUOTE]

I wondered that also. Maybe last night I just got lucky ...but in this one lobby there were a few knifers. Two different times the guy would lunge/slide/teleport w/ commando pro but died at my feet. Once due to a shotgun, another with that 3shotburst secondary..Rattiff?

Every since the game was release it seemed like commando pro has getting slightly nerfed every patch w/o IW saying a thing about it. Before commando had amazing range & the guy was invincible once he got into that range. Range seemed to get nerfed a bit last patch but they still were really extremely hard to kill they lunged with the knife. Now they seem to drop pretty easy, yet nothing was said about it changing.

Playing again this morning I am nearly positive its been toned down (the commando tac knife). I am not getting half the connects I was before the update. Also have not seen anybody use either of the two care package glitches or elevator since the patch. Good and good.

[quote name='Trakan']I got stabbed a bunch of times by annoing Tac knifers, I don't see any change.[/QUOTE]

same...I dont think they changed it

[quote name='Trakan']I got stabbed a bunch of times by annoing Tac knifers, I don't see any change.[/QUOTE]

But people using the Tactical Knife cannot lunge like people without. If you are getting stabbed with the TacKnife, then they are extremely close to you before they even attack.

bread's done
Back